HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

** NHL 14 Thread **

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post
Care to state some of the re occuring ones? The ones ive encountered the fore hand back hand and the come of the corner far side one
Those ones, like you mentioned, plus the faceoff spamming that Fetus mentioned. Others:

- Pull back toe drag wrister being far more accurate and much more likely to draw the goalie out of position than a simple snap shot.

- Slap shot near side top corner from top of faceoff circle.

- There are lots of areas where you can pretty much score 8 or 9 out of 10 times if you can get the shot off.

- Weak shot rebounds are much larger than hard shot rebounds, easy goals if you can get the timing down with your teammates

- CPU bot rocket passing when you call for it is much too accurate and fast

- Hip checking

- Board play

- Tendency for backhand passes (the ones where you pull the puck to your backhand grip and pass) to be ridiculously accurate and be able to go through multiple opposing players

- CPU goalie passing when you call for it at certain points of the ice is much too accurate and can go through several opposing players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
People go back and play nhl 12. All I can say is I was surprised at how much of an improvement nhl 13 really is. You don't notice the improvement until you downgrade.
NHL 11 was the funnest iteration out of the last 3 years. If you played with 5 or 6 humans who knew what they were doing against 5 or 6 humans who also knew what they were doing, the game was balanced and fun. Hitting worked, shooting worked, passing worked, deking worked, stick checking worked, builds actually felt vastly different from each other, etc.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
06-21-2013, 03:19 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
NHL 11 I made a power forward put my strength and balance up to 99 and nothing else mattered because everyone moved at the same speed. I would hold backhand while going thru the slot and either a computer or human would attempt to check me and I would "bounce" off the check and while it animated the bounce you could shoot and it was an automatic goal every time. If someone attempted to check me I would just hold backhand and I would bounce off that person. No matter how they lined me up. Pretty broken game if you ask me.

Old
06-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
NHL 11 I made a power forward put my strength and balance up to 99 and nothing else mattered because everyone moved at the same speed. I would hold backhand while going thru the slot and either a computer or human would attempt to check me and I would "bounce" off the check and while it animated the bounce you could shoot and it was an automatic goal every time. If someone attempted to check me I would just hold backhand and I would bounce off that person. No matter how they lined me up. Pretty broken game if you ask me.
You weren't playing against good opponents then. Also, all that stuff about speed and acceleration being broken in NHL 11 was hogwash imo. I was noticeably faster with my 90 speed 90 acceleration 13" skate PWF than my 65 speed 65 acceleration 13" skate PWF.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:35 PM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 425
I've adapted to the gameplay finally...I just hope EA fixes stuff in BAGM for those of us who don't play online...Just make it more detailed and fix the stupid trading (I shouldnt be laughed at when offering a massive overpayment)

Old
06-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

I haven't really found any glitch goals this year. Ever since they improved goalie reactions on cross crease plays I have found the scoring to be much better. Whoever mentioned weak shots giving better rebound is partially right. Hard low shots give big rebounds but they always seem to go 5 feet in the air making it useless.

Old
06-21-2013, 08:42 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
You weren't playing against good opponents then. Also, all that stuff about speed and acceleration being broken in NHL 11 was hogwash imo. I was noticeably faster with my 90 speed 90 acceleration 13" skate PWF than my 65 speed 65 acceleration 13" skate PWF.
It was not hogwash, the developers of the game even admitted so, in a video leading up to 2012. "making speed matter" was the main component they added to 2012 For what it's worth my team has been a regular in the top 20 of Elite every year since 2010 for the first 5 or 6 months the game is out we regularly face top clubs and play a ton of games every year.

Old
06-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
It was not hogwash, the developers of the game even admitted so, in a video leading up to 2012. "making speed matter" was the main component they added to 2012 For what it's worth my team has been a regular in the top 20 of Elite every year since 2010 for the first 5 or 6 months the game is out we regularly face top clubs and play a ton of games every year.
I played a lot of games of NHL 11, tested a lot of builds. I noticed a difference. The difference is not big if you don't use 13" skates though. With 13" skates, every notch of speed you increased amplified your speed more than it would with the 11" skates (multiplier effect).

Doesn't matter though, we're talking about a game that's 2 years old, and not really in a position to be played online again. Just noted that I found it the funnest one of the last 3 iterations. I've faced top teams every year. NHL 11 was the most balanced I found. NHL 12 was a glitch fest of stick lifting and short side goals. NHL 13 is by far the most boring, not because of a lack of scoring, but because of the extremely limited diversity in the types of players you face. Attribute caps really hurt this year's EASHL.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Snipeshow

Any more info? Do they have a "schedule" for releasing info like last year that was public?

Old
06-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Matt UK

I'm still playing NHL 11. Don't know about everyone else but I really struggle against CPU on Pro mode but Rookie is just too easy.

I'm playing GM Mode as St. Louis and I've only won one of my first 10 regular season games, often losing 4-0!

Old
06-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Nithoniniel

Personally, it's much much more important to me that they fix the big issues with the game rather than add new features.

I spend a lot of time in EASHL, and it's a mess. The goalies in particular. About 75% of all the goals we let in are from opponents making a pass from the boards towards the near post, and the goalie jumping off towards the far post leaving the whole net wide open. I'm not one for big words generally, but I hate that enough that if it's not fixed for NHL 14, I'll not buy it.

I have played EASHL since '10, and no game has felt so out of our control as '13 has, at least after the initial months (which were great). In '10 we could control and take away any glitch attempt made on us, this year we're just ghosts that pucks pass through, and are way too often victims of the abysmal AI.

Will probably try to find more players for our club for the next game.

Last edited by Nithoniniel: 06-25-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old
06-25-2013, 06:32 PM
JackFr

I think the cover will be Brodeur, but the fact they're announcing it live on Sportscentre is giving me doubt... could be an indication that Bobrovsky won, with Onrait and all.

Old
06-26-2013, 11:34 AM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsbergavs32 View Post
I've adapted to the gameplay finally...I just hope EA fixes stuff in BAGM for those of us who don't play online...Just make it more detailed and fix the stupid trading (I shouldnt be laughed at when offering a massive overpayment)
Not to mention that every player over the age of 35 is instantly on the trade block.

Old
06-26-2013, 11:40 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
And the fact that most centre prospects have the same rating on faceoffs as most defensemen...

Old
06-26-2013, 12:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
And the fact that most centre prospects have the same rating on faceoffs as most defensemen...
Lol that's the worst. Sometimes this game is regarded...

Old
06-26-2013, 12:54 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFr View Post
I think the cover will be Brodeur, but the fact they're announcing it live on Sportscentre is giving me doubt... could be an indication that Bobrovsky won, with Onrait and all.
Anyone else think it was going to be Bobrovsky but now with all this KHL stuff, it might end up being Brodeur after all?

Old
06-26-2013, 02:04 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Lol that's the worst. Sometimes this game is regarded...
Yeah I regard it very poorly

Seriously though, I'm in season 5 of one GMC league and Galchenyuk is a 60 on faceoffs...as is PK Subban

Old
06-26-2013, 03:09 PM
xX Hot Fuss

The Faceoff attribute has never developed for any player in any gmc I've been in

Old
06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
The Faceoff attribute has never developed for any player in any gmc I've been in
Me niether, and it's particularly annoying with star centre prospects that can't win faceoffs.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Zippgunn

Sorry EA, no KHL no sale.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
One Turris God
Gersei Chongar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippgunn View Post
Sorry EA, no KHL no sale.
Do some of you actually think EA can just add the KHL into their game, no questions asked? The KHL is a separate league, and they don't want to be known as an inferior league to the NHL. If they're in a game called "NHL" that kinda ruins their own name, and thus they haven't given rights to be put in the NHL series.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:24 PM
CP31

I could care less about the KHL

Old
06-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Me niether, and it's particularly annoying with star centre prospects that can't win faceoffs.
Yep. Every center prospect/draft pick always comes with a 60 for faceoffs and he never gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
I could care less about the KHL
That's probably the only guy ever to not buy an NHL game b/c no KHL

Old
06-28-2013, 05:09 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

So did Marty win? EA said they would stream it online for all non-Canadian viewers but so far nothing is up yet.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
So did Marty win? EA said they would stream it online for all non-Canadian viewers but so far nothing is up yet.
The NHL branch of EA says a lot of things.

Most of which are not true.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Marty!!!

Closed Thread