vCash: 500
Bruins lose 2-1 to the Gorton's Fishermen

continue

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Soderberg

My main issue is Lucic not being held accountable. He's my favorite Bruin, but he's been terrible. Seguin was demoted for no real reason, is back to playing well, but still on the 3rd line. Perverley was scratched for his slump.... makes no sense.

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
KrazyLegs

I miss the days where you could always count on the Bs to play hard, win or lose, for 60 minutes.

KrazyLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
tragos

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
because they're not really a powerhouse?

they lack offensive and defensive depth and what top talent they have (especially on the back end) looks slower and older.

i think there's a difference between the people who are complaining about this team and those who are happy with them being where they are. i didn't see them as a runaway 1st in the conference winner, certainly. other teams are better. some people here can't seem to grasp that. get to the playoffs and empty the clip there.
It's frustrating because we KNOW they can do better, and we can see they're not playing their little hearts out and Clode's lines are pretty questionable.

There's a difference between feeling good about where we are in the standings and being aware of what's wrong with these games, win or lose. Awesome that they've won some of these games but there is serious cause for concern if we expect to go anywhere in the playoffs. Maybe they'll really turn it on and show us another level, but if they don't, how could you expect this team to go the distance?

tragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Andrew83

Without back-to-backs (like the playoffs will be) the Bruins would be 24-6-4 despite the injuries. Not bad at all.

Andrew83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:54 PM
GodTukka*

Yeah, they're in the top half of the East, but a lot of those wins came when the team knew what the **** was going on.

The team that started and the team we watch now is way different

I just don't understand why people would be satisfied with winning 4 of 5 games when the stats show in all of them that if you keep playing like that, your days are numbered

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:55 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Come back soon Bergy and Marchand!

TMac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:56 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragos View Post
It's frustrating because we KNOW they can do better, and we can see they're not playing their little hearts out and Clode's lines are pretty questionable.

There's a difference between feeling good about where we are in the standings and being aware of what's wrong with these games, win or lose. Awesome that they've won some of these games but there is serious cause for concern if we expect to go anywhere in the playoffs. Maybe they'll really turn it on and show us another level, but if they don't, how could you expect this team to go the distance?
i don't.

and i think that's what separates me from most of the people here. i expect them to play hard, they're not and it's frustrating. but i have learned in my time in the boston sports scene that you never expect your team to go the distance. you hope, you believe, but you don't expect. i think the fans here have been spoiled by the success that all of the teams have had and have moved from hope and belief directly into expectation.

this season is a crapshoot. it's short, every injury and every game has almost double the meaning it would normally have. again, get into the playoffs and empty the clip. reload in the offseason.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
corpfan1

Unfortunately there will be a few back to backs in the playoffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
Without back-to-backs (like the playoffs will be) the Bruins would be 24-6-4 despite the injuries. Not bad at all.

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

I have pretty much come to the realization that this is going to be it for the rest of the regular season: the inconsistent effort, the line issues, lack of physicality, etc...this is it.

We are going to muddle through these remaining games, likely winning most of them, and then we will see if this team is able to right the ship once the playoffs start.

I believe they have it within in them to do so, but I do not generally subscribe to the "flip the switch" theory. I believe that uninspired play, leads to sloppy play, leads to bad habits that creep into your game and eventually become the status quo. We'll see how mentally tough this team is.

I think the first round will be a coin flip no matter who we play, and then let's see if we can find our game again, move on from the series, and get some confidence/momentum. At this point, I can't wait for the regular season to end. I just want to know for sure what this team really is.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Unfortunately there will be a few back to backs in the playoffs...
Unfortunately not only the Bruins suffer from back-to-backs so this point is moot anyway.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:05 PM
EverettMike

Man I could devour some fishsticks right now.

EverettMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
Yeah, they're in the top half of the East, but a lot of those wins came when the team knew what the **** was going on.

I just don't understand why people would be satisfied with winning 4 of 5 games when the stats show in all of them that if you keep playing like that, your days are numbered
Last time I looked the playoff rounds are still best of seven, so 4 wins out of 5 games would be just fine with me.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post

Let's hope next time they go 1 of 5 but show some hustle.

In fact, it would be really nice if we were sitting in 9th so we could see some desperation. Why should we ever want to be sitting in a position where we don't have to be?

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:13 PM
GodTukka*

Alright alright, bad choice of context.

I just want to see some effort

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Tired from the back-to-back, minus Bergeron and now Marchand, a rusty BigMac, and typical Bruins play (I'll elaborate), adds up to a 2-1 loss.

They miss so many opportunities to push the puck up the ice it's infuriating to watch. When they get the puck the stop, glide, look, think, reverse, hold, anything but simply head man it quickly. I'd setting for a chip and chase game at this point, at least they wouldn't be languishing and turning it over in center ice. At least a dump and chase game and being too slow for the chase part would leave teams the entire 200 feet to come back.

Bartkowski makes his second rush up the ice, fakes a dump in, beats a man out side, puts one in front of the Isle goalie, and where is the rest of the team? Posturing for a potential breakout by the Islanders. Not a soul in front of the net with 2 minutes left and down by one. What are they waiting for? What are you protecting against at that point? They don't give you negative points in the standing if you lose by more goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise
Seguin was demoted for no real reason, is back to playing well, but still on the 3rd line. Perverley was scratched for his slump.... makes no sense.
I *****ed for years about Claude not sending messages. It took him forever to be proactive . He'd let them slump into a brutal funk (set a franchise record for loses in a row at one point). But now that he's actually trying to do something to shake things up, I want him to stop. He sucks at it. He has no feel for how to motivate players via TOI, scratches or line demotions. It's like his shootout lineups, they don't make any sense. He's not good at playing hunches or thinking outside the box he himself made.

One of the biggest turning points in Stamkos's career was a scratch (I believe 2 or 3 games). He attributed that midseason scratche(s), to sparking what turned out to be an incredible second half. He hasn't stopped since. It's not always the best thing to do when trying to win games, scratching your most talented players. But coaches are supposed to look at a much larger picture, and try and get the most of out their players. Sometimes that means leaving them alone and letting the play through a funk. Sometimes taking a different course of action is nessecary too. It all depends on the players, and how a coach can read what will help them play better.

Meh, I'm not encouraged by how this team looks. And if this was an incarnation of previous less talented teams, I could understand the style and system as it keeps us in games, especially against better opponents. But this team is better, and capable of more especially if completely healthy. If this keeps going and we get bounced in the first, other than a bad matchup or obvious circumstances as to why (injuries etc), I'll considered it a squandered chance to go deeper.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

I am so ****ing close to not watching this ****ing sport Iginla Soderberg Bruins no effort looseing every other game looking worse then there AHL witch beat them already this year, Think Dougie migh ****ing help scroe one ****ing 5v5 goal I am about done.

Kelly23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
tragos

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i don't.

and i think that's what separates me from most of the people here. i expect them to play hard, they're not and it's frustrating. but i have learned in my time in the boston sports scene that you never expect your team to go the distance. you hope, you believe, but you don't expect. i think the fans here have been spoiled by the success that all of the teams have had and have moved from hope and belief directly into expectation.

this season is a crapshoot. it's short, every injury and every game has almost double the meaning it would normally have. again, get into the playoffs and empty the clip. reload in the offseason.
I don't expect them to win a Cup, but I expect an effort and performance we can be proud of. Playing a better team, if we're simply outmatched, fine, that's when we'd need to just believe in the impossible. But I don't see how it's unreasonable to be dissatisfied and expect better. Lately, frequently, members of this team are playing far below their abilities and seem disinterested. I'll root hard every night and really believe in a team that's giving their all, but it's hard to be happy with one that isn't.

tragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
bruinmann77

Are we the only team that plays back to back? the excuse is getting old . I still like to see a 60 min effort They are just floating around like waiting for the season to end. I don't know if they are just biding their time until the playoffs start. the lack of will is what is troubling.

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Lets recap the season
Start strong
Dont give a **** for 7 weeks
Get passed by pit
loss to MTL with first on line
Loss of Iginla
Loss to MTL with first on the line
Loss of Soderberg

Everyone go get some fribbles good job good effort

Kelly23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:36 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Lets recap the season
Start strong
Dont give a **** for 7 weeks
Get passed by pit
loss to MTL with first on line
Loss of Iginla
Loss to MTL with first on the line
Loss of Soderberg

Everyone go get some fribbles good job good effort
You forgot about a Pinch of Pandolfo.

TJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:47 PM
northeastern

team needs some players healthy. some rest. and to find its mojo.

Yeti come add some life!

A healthy yeti-filled team still excited me very much. Very much indeed.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Ray Shero*
A wizard

Jagr's really producing for you guys, a great pick-up by Julien.

Ray Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmann77 View Post
Are we the only team that plays back to back? the excuse is getting old .
Especially since we only the won the other home game against the Islanders because they played back-to-back while we were rested.

Oh and remember that 6-5 loss against the Habs? They played back-to-back. We did not and yet we blew a 4-2 lead after 40 minutes.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
I am so ****ing close to not watching this ****ing sport Iginla Soderberg Bruins no effort looseing every other game looking worse then there AHL witch beat them already this year, Think Dougie migh ****ing help scroe one ****ing 5v5 goal I am about done.
Boy, have some Bruin fans become so spoiled.......try waiting 39 years for a Cup like some of us older fans had to, before complaining like a 4 year old.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote