HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 41 | SENS @ DEVILS | Friday, April 12 | 7PM (ET) | SNET,TVA | Exorcist Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 12:05 AM
  #801
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 16,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokokraut View Post
I don't get the Andy hate on the main board. If what he did was severe, then why doesn't Henrique do something about? Furthermore, the devils didn't retaliate later in the game.
This is what I don't get. What player gets butt ended in the face and doesn't get in Andersons face and at the very least say something to him about it? Not even a shove back to Anderson, a war of words, nothing. He just got up and didn't do anything, that isn't the normal reaction for a person who just got buttended.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:29 AM
  #802
Topside
Registered User
 
Topside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Because it was a little tap that Henrique tried to sell. Most players would have skated through that and carried on. I mean, I get it... I have no problem with Henrique embellishing because it SHOULD have been a call. All this suspension or fine talk is just crazy pandering though. HFboards off the deep end, as usual.

Topside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:44 AM
  #803
DrunkUncleDenis
Re-sign Condra!
 
DrunkUncleDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Campus
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,208
vCash: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
This is a pretty ridiculous post. They don't discipline strictly off the result of the incident. Andy felt he had to do something to defend himself, so he butt-ended the guy in the head. Worthy of a fine, imo.

Yes, Henrique tried to sell the play, but you can definitely generate power with one hand on a stick.
First of all, I know you said strictly, but this happens all the time (longer suspension due to result of play/resulting injury). Also, I disagree with you and think it would set an awful president if you fine or suspend someone for a play which the "victim" embellished. You'll just perpetuate the flopping situation we already have league-wide.

DrunkUncleDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:56 AM
  #804
arglebargle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 141
A big reason they didn't call that and many other plays was that the Devils were trying to milk calls out of the referees for the entire game. NHL referees don't like getting fooled by a dive and spoiling the outcome of a game.

By the 3rd period the Devils were pretty clearly frustrated and looking for someone else to win the game for them. They weren't obliged by the refs like the Lightning were a few games back.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:31 AM
  #805
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
That's not how goalies claim their territory. They hack the back of your legs a la Hextall or Belfour.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:42 AM
  #806
DrunkUncleDenis
Re-sign Condra!
 
DrunkUncleDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Campus
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,208
vCash: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
That's not how goalies claim their territory. They hack the back of your legs a la Hextall or Belfour.

DrunkUncleDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:16 AM
  #807
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
I hope Glenn Anderson bought Nilsson a beer after that one.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:30 AM
  #808
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I hope Glenn Anderson bought Nilsson a beer after that one.
They probably had a 6 packs in their bags.

Back then, your eating/drinking habits were not as important as they are now lol

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:01 PM
  #809
SenzZen
Unsustainable
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncleDenis View Post
First of all, I know you said strictly, but this happens all the time (longer suspension due to result of play/resulting injury). Also, I disagree with you and think it would set an awful president if you fine or suspend someone for a play which the "victim" embellished. You'll just perpetuate the flopping situation we already have league-wide.
If you acknowledge that I said strictly, why bother with the rest of that sentence?

Precedents don't seem to have a place in the league's discipline process.

Havlat kicked a guy, Spezza speared a guy, Andy shoved the knob of his stick in a guy's face. I don't like it when our players do stuff like this. Call it a pet peeve.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:26 PM
  #810
Ice-Tray
Registered User
 
Ice-Tray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,840
vCash: 500
Spearing and butt ending are not in the same category as kicking, or biting... The first two are designed to hurt and send a message, like punching someone at the bar, sometimes it ends up being necessary... Biting and kicking on the ice are kinda like a cheapshot to the nuts...

This actions aren't part of the player's game, they're a response to a specific situation, that you as a fan on your couch or in the stands are not a party to. Things happen on the ice, things are said on the ice, that piss people off. If Andy felt the need to lash out at Henrique I trust that he deserved it. Andy seems like a pretty level headed guy. And I like that stuff anyways... Hockey isn't for the faint of heart or mind....

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:56 PM
  #811
SenzZen
Unsustainable
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
Spearing and butt ending are not in the same category as kicking, or biting... The first two are designed to hurt and send a message, like punching someone at the bar, sometimes it ends up being necessary... Biting and kicking on the ice are kinda like a cheapshot to the nuts...

This actions aren't part of the player's game, they're a response to a specific situation, that you as a fan on your couch or in the stands are not a party to. Things happen on the ice, things are said on the ice, that piss people off. If Andy felt the need to lash out at Henrique I trust that he deserved it. Andy seems like a pretty level headed guy. And I like that stuff anyways... Hockey isn't for the faint of heart or mind....
How's the view from that cross?

If the roles were reversed, and Brodeur stuck the knob of his stick in Turris' face you'd be apoplectic.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.