HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Steve Doan
Portugal. The Man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
No Lacy plz
I dont see the need, but its gonna be him most likely.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Steve Doan
Portugal. The Man

Jeff fisher, that is all.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:39 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I'm confused, we don't need an inside linebacker. He better be good on the outside.

Guess it does make sense after looking at him more closely. Glad we finally solved 2 major problems that we've had for years.

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 04-25-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old
04-25-2013, 11:11 PM
GrandPapillon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I'm confused, we don't need an inside linebacker. He better be good on the outside.

Guess it does make sense after looking at him more closely. Glad we finally solved 2 major problems that we've had for years.
He projects outside at the next level.

Great draft day. 2 gamechanging players. Both come with some big "ifs". If Ogletree stays out of trouble and if Austin can stay healthy... That said, plenty of bigger players have had injury problems and plenty of players who were squeaky clean in college got themselves in trouble once they got paid. Both guys can flat out play. Hard not to be excited

Old
04-25-2013, 11:20 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post

Great draft day. 2 gamechanging players. Both come with some big "ifs". If Ogletree stays out of trouble and if Austin can stay healthy... That said, plenty of bigger players have had injury problems and plenty of players who were squeaky clean in college got themselves in trouble once they got paid. Both guys can flat out play. Hard not to be excited
Yeah, an inside 3-4 or outside 4-3, just never paid much attention to him since I didn't think we'd be interested. Big risks, but potential big rewards.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:08 AM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post

FWIW, Austin has never missed a game in college or high school for that matter. His elusiveness allows him to miss bone rattling hits, when he does get taken down its by the jersey or the feet.

Hopefully the Rams can trade up to the mid second and grab DJ Swearinger and use pick 71 on Lattimore. Then grab Rambo with ATL 3rd rounder, after that pick up a 2nd safety and line depth on both sides of the ball.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:33 AM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Interested if anybody has the research. How many players who struck in 1994 are still active players?

(When they are all out of the game baseball becomes re-eligible to apply for my interest)
Alex Rodriguez came up for a cup of coffee in 1994 before the strike hit.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:22 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
Wow, Rams got the most dynamic player in the entire draft in Austin, whoo hoo! I really didn't think they would trade up. Good job Fisher and Sneed!

After trading down to 30 & getting a 3rd and 6th also LB Ogletree could be a steal IF he stays out of trouble. We have heard that before ( with Jenkins last year ) A very productive 1st round in my estimation.

I'm very happy the Rams didn't draft a Safety in the 1st round as well, you would think that one of those 2 3rd round picks will be used on drafting a safety.

I dunno what the Bears were thinking when they took Chris Long's Brother, Kyle in the 1st round? Not only was this a reach he's a project to boot. He was rated at going in the 3rd round

Old
04-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
Steenroller

vCash: 1075
RB and SS will be the rams picks in the third round. Calling it now.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:20 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
FWIW, Austin has never missed a game in college or high school for that matter. His elusiveness allows him to miss bone rattling hits, when he does get taken down its by the jersey or the feet.

Hopefully the Rams can trade up to the mid second and grab DJ Swearinger and use pick 71 on Lattimore. Then grab Rambo with ATL 3rd rounder, after that pick up a 2nd safety and line depth on both sides of the ball.
The same thing was said about Jeff Skinner.

I don't think it was a bad pick. Looking at the difference in offensive production when Amendola was on the field and when he wasn't, a speedy slot guy with great hands and great yards-after-catch is a big plus for the Rams. I'm glad they got him.

BUT, to suggest that since he hasn't been injured before that he won't get injured in the future is silly. The average player is much bigger and faster in the NFL than in college, similar to how the college players on average where bigger and faster than the high school players.

I hope he stays healthy, but a 6'2" 245+ lbs line-backer clobbering him and knocking him out for a while is a realistic concern.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post

What are we trading up with?

Old
04-26-2013, 09:09 AM
SirPaste

Im happy with our first round, Austin is explosive and Ogletree is a beast. Now we need one of Rambo or Swearinger, or both.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
Steenroller

vCash: 1075
Jeez our front 7 for the rams is crazy

Long-Brockers-Langford-Quinn/Hayes
Dunbar-Lauranaitis-Ogletree

Old
04-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I hope he stays healthy, but a 6'2" 245+ lbs line-backer clobbering him and knocking him out for a while is a realistic concern.
That is a realistic concern for every wide receiver in the NFL.

Austin has taken hits from guys that are 245 pounds. He has gotten up from them.

His field awareness and elusiveness is similar to Torry Holt. Holt was able to avoid bone crushing hits in his career because of it.

Also, Goodell's new rules to protect WRs across the middle will help Austin.

Fantastic pick that changes our offense! I can't wait for the season!

Old
04-26-2013, 10:20 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If Quick is productive, our offense will be very good. We need him to be a threat on the outside to allow Austin and Givens to go crazy. Defenses can double both of those guys up.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:34 AM
The Note
Expectations: Low

I was surprised the rams made the move to trade up and get Austin, but I was very happy. The offense needs playmakers and despite his size Austin is a playmaker. Like Ogletree, now get a safety and maybe an RB (wouldn't mind Lattimore despite his rubberband knee) and I'll be very pleased.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:37 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

We could go with Richardson and Pead. It's not like RB is a must. Saying that, I think our situation allows us to take a risk on Lattimore because he has the potential to be a great pick.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Steve Doan
Portugal. The Man

Quote:
We could go with Richardson and Pead. It's not like RB is a must. Saying that, I think our situation allows us to take a risk on Lattimore because he has the potential to be a great pick.
Seconded. Id like to get lattimore later on and hopefully Rambo too.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
That duo scares the bejesus out of me. Richardson cooled down as the season went on and Pead has done absolutely nothing in the NFL. Better offensive line play may help, but neither of those guys are proven by any means. Lattimore isnt going to help anyone this season. While he may be a decent long term pick, the Rams still have a lot of holes to fill. I couldnt justify spending a 3rd or 4th on him.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

I think I want Rambo most today unless by some freak chance Allen and Hunter fall

Old
04-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Cudi
in the aeroplane...

Loving the Austin pick.. haven't heard much about Ogletree

Old
04-26-2013, 07:14 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Could someone more knowledgable about football, the NFL, and the NFL draft explain something to me?

Why let Danny Amendola go just to spend your first round and second round pick to draft his replacement?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to re-sign Amendola, and use the picks to fill other needs?

Old
04-26-2013, 07:31 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Could someone more knowledgable about football, the NFL, and the NFL draft explain something to me?

Why let Danny Amendola go just to spend your first round and second round pick to draft his replacement?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to re-sign Amendola, and use the picks to fill other needs?
Money, Amendola always gets hurt, and Austin is way more explosive.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
The same thing was said about Jeff Skinner.

I don't think it was a bad pick. Looking at the difference in offensive production when Amendola was on the field and when he wasn't, a speedy slot guy with great hands and great yards-after-catch is a big plus for the Rams. I'm glad they got him.

BUT, to suggest that since he hasn't been injured before that he won't get injured in the future is silly. The average player is much bigger and faster in the NFL than in college, similar to how the college players on average where bigger and faster than the high school players.

Please show me where I said he would never get hurt?

I was simply replying to someone who said they have concerns about previous injuries and I mentioned he hasn't missed a game in 7 years. Could he get hurt in his first practice, sure he could. But my point was that he hasn't been injured and just because he's small doesn't automatically make him an overt injury risk candidate.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
GrandPapillon

I about lost my voice when we got Bailey. Great draft that just got better. Bailey has the talent to be a great #2 for a long, long time.

Closed Thread