HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Game#40 St. Louis Blues @ Columbus Blue Jackets // We want all the streaks edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 08:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 500
Both Shattenkirk and Reaves want to smoke Boll.

YESSSS "he takes a clean hit from Boll"

Old
04-12-2013, 08:22 PM
fcpremix88

We won 6 in a row; this was expected.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Bluesman91

I was at work. What happened? Also I'm not really upset. Back to back games and we won 6 in a row. Now if we lose like this to Chicago I will be livid.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:28 PM
DJAxeom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
No, I meant on here jokingly.
Ohhhh, sorry - StLToday folk used blue font for sarcasm. My radar was off.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:29 PM
sbet1998

Figured they would lose this game. With that said, they had no luck tonight what-so-ever, either. They didnt bring their A game (or even B game) and got outworked by a desperate team. Plain and simple. They are tired and or lazy and played a weak game in many areas. Would of been nice to steal one on the tail end of a back to back, but its not in the cards.

Good for CBJ, even thought they are faking it and will be ousted in the first round. I hope they or someone else knocks DET out, dont want them beating our playoff streak.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:31 PM
DJAxeom

Heh heh, I just realized their jersey is based off an AC/DC album cover from 1983....

They need another jersey based on Styx' Pieces of Eight. Would cover all the faces they show when they whine.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
sbet1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Both Shattenkirk and Reaves want to smoke Boll.

YESSSS "he takes a clean hit from Boll"
Love it. Not weed, the pun... HAHA

Old
04-12-2013, 08:33 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Not going to derive a single thing from that game other than Elliott is on a different level than Allen right now. The situation in net is very clear. Elliott is going to be the guy. If Halak comes back and Elliott stumbles in the playoffs then Halak might see action. Otherwise this team rides on Elliott's confidence.

As far as losing a game, this is a totally acceptable game to lose. They gave a big first period push but they ran out of gas and with the effort they've put out while traveling I'm giving them a huge pass. There are no real skater lessons to take away from this game.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
sbet1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAxeom View Post
Ohhhh, sorry - StLToday folk used blue font for sarcasm. My radar was off.
STLtoday has a collective IQ of 73. Its only that high because its bouyed by about 2 or 3 intelligent posters.

Those idiots NEED blue font to recognize sarcasm.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Lord Helix
CarvinSigX

Got one...LOL

Old
04-12-2013, 08:41 PM
sbet1998

Quote:
Not going to derive a single thing from that game other than Elliott is on a different level than Allen right now. The situation in net is very clear. Elliott is going to be the guy. If Halak comes back and Elliott stumbles in the playoffs then Halak might see action. Otherwise this team rides on Elliott's confidence.

As far as losing a game, this is a totally acceptable game to lose. They gave a big first period push but they ran out of gas and with the effort they've put out while traveling I'm giving them a huge pass. There are no real skater lessons to take away from this game.
The proverbial 'Trap' game.

It seems like we always play DET in those games. If we can help CBJ unseat DET, its worth it. Dont want to play the Kings in the first round anyways.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
The Notorious

Not a terrible game from a blues POV.

Just a couple of small mistakes.

Kudos to CBJ

Old
04-12-2013, 08:43 PM
DJAxeom

Quote:

Have to disagree. The team as a whole failed. No, Allen wasn't great, but he's sat for like 6 games straight, and he's a rookie. Give him a break tonight.

I honestly think next season Allen will be our #1 next season. Elliott is a great backup generally, best on the "call-out-of-the-gate" mindset. Allen thrives on steady work.

And Jaro is the Glass Joe of NHL 1x. I see a trade for a late draft pick during the off-season.

Tonight is not on Allen. The whole team failed, left him exposed. The team didn't play in front of him the way they had before. Take a grain of salt, take a step back, realize the talent this team has - and see how it's really coming together.

Just didn't happen tonight. Last game of a long road trip on top of it all. As Frankie Goes To Hollywood once said, "Relax".

Old
04-12-2013, 08:46 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Have to disagree. The team as a whole failed. No, Allen wasn't great, but he's sat for like 6 games straight, and he's a rookie. Give him a break tonight.

I honestly think next season Allen will be our #1 next season. Elliott is a great backup generally, best on the "call-out-of-the-gate" mindset. Allen thrives on steady work.

And Jaro is the Glass Joe of NHL 1x. I see a trade for a late draft pick during the off-season.

Tonight is not on Allen. The whole team failed, left him exposed. The team didn't play in front of him the way they had before. Take a grain of salt, take a step back, realize the talent this team has - and see how it's really coming together.

Just didn't happen tonight. Last game of a long road trip on top of it all. As Frankie Goes To Hollywood once said, "Relax".
Apologies, I am not sure what you're disagreeing with and I read it three times.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:47 PM
sbet1998

Agreed, DJ. GP.

Blues should have another level Sunday afternoon.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:50 PM
DJAxeom

Quote:
Apologies, I am not sure what you're disagreeing with and I read it three times.
Based it all on the fact that you said Elliott is on a different level right now. Maybe I read too much into it, but I disagree. Allen wasn't awesome, but don't hang it on him. The whole team failed tonight.

[Cliff Notes provided by DJ Axeom Vodka - when it doesn't really matter if you make a point, but you just need the fuel to try]

Old
04-12-2013, 08:51 PM
sbet1998

Quote:
Had the same thought. When he said he disagreed I thought he was going to go on a ridiculous rant about the Blues tonight. I then found myself agreeing with just about everything he said.

He must be from STLtoday. You get used to disagreeing with everyone but a few over there. He's not accustomed to logic, yet.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

Really disappointed in Reaves. Had ample oppoutunity to grab Boll and smoke him and he didn't. Especially there at the end with Shattenkirk pushing with Boll.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:56 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Based it all on the fact that you said Elliott is on a different level right now. Maybe I read too much into it, but I disagree. Allen wasn't awesome, but don't hang it on him. The whole team failed tonight.

[Cliff Notes provided by DJ Axeom Vodka - when it doesn't really matter if you make a point, but you just need the fuel to try]
I wrote that the team ran out of gas. But yes, Elliott is playing way better than Allen. Goals two and three were bad, and if not for the random miraculous save by Jackman not long before the second goal it might've been more. Elliott is just on another level of performance right now. The team wasn't good but that was AHL goaltending. Elliott's going to get almost all the starts the rest of the way and he'll be the playoff starter. I didn't say anything about next year, I don't know what will happen next year, there will be healthy debate/predictions in the offseason I'm sure.

What was all the Relax! stuff. After a post where I said I wasn't taking anything serious away from the game it came across like the guy who's way too high on coke at the party telling everyone to relax. I don't actually get the feeling that's your intent, so I don't want to make a big deal of it, just pointing it out. Like you say, adjustment to a new forum and tones, etc.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:01 PM
DJAxeom

Quote:
I wrote that the team ran out of gas. But yes, Elliott is playing way better than Allen. Goals two and three were bad, and if not for the random miraculous save by Jackman not long before the second goal it might've been more. Elliott is just on another level of performance right now. The team wasn't good but that was AHL goaltending. Elliott's going to get almost all the starts the rest of the way and he'll be the playoff starter. I didn't say anything about next year, I don't know what will happen next year, there will be healthy debate/predictions in the offseason I'm sure.

What was all the Relax! stuff. After a post where I said I wasn't taking anything serious away from the game it came across like the guy who's way too high on coke at the party telling everyone to relax. I don't actually get the feeling that's your intent, so I don't want to make a big deal of it, just pointing it out. Like you say, adjustment to a new forum and tones, etc.
That was hysterical! Sorry if I overreacted. I keyed on the Els v Allen thing, and thought it was unfair to do that based on the whole team's play, that's all.

Meh, no worries. Let's plan on having Hawk for Sunday brunch.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:01 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

We weren't going to win every game the rest of the season, but I thought it was going to happen Sunday. Two more tough games, and then the schedule softens up a bit. Let's win one of these next two, and then take care of business against the weaker opponents.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:02 PM
sbet1998

*Scratches the back of his neck feverishly and unfolds and folds his arms and legs over and over.*

Coke, what? Im paranoid. You the flippin DEA all of a sudden?

Old
04-12-2013, 09:04 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I kinda wish Sunday's game with the Hawks were a night game. I want this team to have a full day of rest.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:05 PM
DJAxeom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
*Scratches the back of his neck feverishly and unfolds and folds his arms and legs over and over.*

Coke, what? Im paranoid. You the flippin DEA all of a sudden?
And the pre-Jack Sparrow pirate Johnny Depp checks in.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:12 PM
BlueDream

So the BJ's beat a dead tired team. Oh well, let's give them a false chance at making the playoffs. Then when they don't nobody will be surprised.

Closed Thread