Brandon vs Prince Albert

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
Brandon vs Prince Albert

Brandon in 6

Too much fire power for Brandon and I don't think PA has another upset left in them.

Old
04-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback
Brandon in 6

Too much fire power for Brandon and I don't think PA has another upset left in them.
If their goaltending stays the same they most certainly do...

Old
04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
daynus

P.A. in 7

I like PA's goaltending over Brandons and PA is hungry. They hit anything that moves. Brandon has a great team, but PA plays great as a team.

Old
04-22-2005, 05:48 PM
allin4466

Brandon

Brandon in 5. Look for Fehr, Stone, Monych and Konsorada to absolutely light Beauchemin(sp?) up. Meanwhile, i dont think that PA wants to get into a real physical series with brandon.

Last edited by allin4466: 04-22-2005 at 10:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old
04-22-2005, 10:14 PM
allin4466

Ho Hum

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
Brandon in 5. Look for Fehr, Stone, Monych and Konsorada to absolutely light Beauchemin(sp?) up. Meanwhile, i dont think that PA wants to get into a real physical series with brandon.
hate to say i told ya so ..
Fehr: 1G 2A
Stone: 1G 1A
Monych: 2A
Konsorada: 2G

Plante played a stellar game as well. Lame crowd tho. 3750 to the conference finals, embarassing.

Old
04-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
hate to say i told ya so ..
Fehr: 1G 2A
Stone: 1G 1A
Monych: 2A
Konsorada: 2G

Plante played a stellar game as well. Lame crowd tho. 3750 to the conference finals, embarassing.
It is only 1 game. Don't try to gloat just yet.

Also, the game was pretty even until Brandon got a 5 minute power play. That made the difference there....

For the record, I'm rooting for Brandon. So don't mistake me for a P.A. fan...

Old
04-23-2005, 09:52 AM
sbtatter

Game 1 verdict (otherwise known as my rambling!!)

Obviously both teams can play a lot better. I know Brandon can, and I presume PA must be capable of more, b/c to be honest they looked lost last night. Brandon were able to score on Beauchemin on the 1st shift and he didn't look comfortable all night. One big thing I noticed was how little he handles the puck compared to Pogie, Pogie is like an extra man back there.
I was really surprised how PA kill penalties they keep a tight compact box which enables Brandon to wheel and set up a lot of shots, PA will have to watch some game tape of how Calgary pressured Brandon's PP and unsettled it. You won't see many better goals than Konsorada on the powerplay, beautiful feed from Stone behind the net to Konsorada coming off the point between the hash marks and he wired an unstoppable shot top corner, beautiful!!
Overall, PA seem to play very conservitely, waiting for their oppenent to make a mistake. They are going to have stop taking penalties and not let Brandon get ahead of them.
On Konsorada's 1st it was so funny, a loose puck came towards the blue line and Later basically elbowed his own team mate from the puck drove to the net and dished a picture perfect pass over to Konsorada for an easy goal.
Good use of a time out by McCrimmond in the 3rd when PA scored their 2nd, calmed the Wheaties down.
Stone was imense, Later and Monych played well, and great to see Konsorada getting back into form. Chipchura looked good as did Fritshaw and Pearpont.

Schlenker slew footed/slashed Burki and caused a melay at the end of the 2nd, Monych was frustrated his oppenent wouldn't fight, repeatedly pounding him into the boards!! The intensity will likely move up a notch tonight.
It's very nice not to have Getzlaff coming on the ice every 2nd shift against your team!!!!!!!
Ryan White arrives back into town today, one wag near me wondered if we could slip Hunter's shirt on him to give Brandon a great 2 way 3rd liner for the rest of the series!! (Maybe he could bring Dupont with him as well!!)
An embarassingly small crowd as well....
Sorry for the rambling game report, I'll try to be more concise afetr tonight's game!!

Old
04-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
Obviously both teams can play a lot better. I know Brandon can, and I presume PA must be capable of more, b/c to be honest they looked lost last night. Brandon were able to score on Beauchemin on the 1st shift and he didn't look comfortable all night. One big thing I noticed was how little he handles the puck compared to Pogie, Pogie is like an extra man back there.
I was really surprised how PA kill penalties they keep a tight compact box which enables Brandon to wheel and set up a lot of shots, PA will have to watch some game tape of how Calgary pressured Brandon's PP and unsettled it. You won't see many better goals than Konsorada on the powerplay, beautiful feed from Stone behind the net to Konsorada coming off the point between the hash marks and he wired an unstoppable shot top corner, beautiful!!
Overall, PA seem to play very conservitely, waiting for their oppenent to make a mistake. They are going to have stop taking penalties and not let Brandon get ahead of them.
On Konsorada's 1st it was so funny, a loose puck came towards the blue line and Later basically elbowed his own team mate from the puck drove to the net and dished a picture perfect pass over to Konsorada for an easy goal.
Good use of a time out by McCrimmond in the 3rd when PA scored their 2nd, calmed the Wheaties down.
Stone was imense, Later and Monych played well, and great to see Konsorada getting back into form. Chipchura looked good as did Fritshaw and Pearpont.

Schlenker slew footed/slashed Burki and caused a melay at the end of the 2nd, Monych was frustrated his oppenent wouldn't fight, repeatedly pounding him into the boards!! The intensity will likely move up a notch tonight.
It's very nice not to have Getzlaff coming on the ice every 2nd shift against your team!!!!!!!
Ryan White arrives back into town today, one wag near me wondered if we could slip Hunter's shirt on him to give Brandon a great 2 way 3rd liner for the rest of the series!! (Maybe he could bring Dupont with him as well!!)
An embarassingly small crowd as well....
Sorry for the rambling game report, I'll try to be more concise afetr tonight's game!!

Good to hear, thanks for the report!

Old
04-23-2005, 06:35 PM
allin4466

Scrap at the end of 2

Actually, that whole melee was caused by hellyer pushing later.. everybody grabbed a partner, and topilko came racing in from the redline and got schlenker just took a golf swing at topilko. dirty move. Biggest ovation of the game was for the ref kicking the one guys ass at the end of the 2nd lol

Old
04-23-2005, 06:37 PM
allin4466

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
It is only 1 game. Don't try to gloat just yet.

Also, the game was pretty even until Brandon got a 5 minute power play. That made the difference there....

For the record, I'm rooting for Brandon. So don't mistake me for a P.A. fan...
i wasnt gloating, i was just pointing out that it was really nice to see brandons big guns getting back in on the action after being held at bay for most of the calgary series.

Old
04-23-2005, 10:11 PM
allin4466

Beauchamin

Well a slow start killed'em tonight. As Monych put it, Brandon did what every young hockey player is taught, you don't want to give up a goal in the first two minutes, or last two minutes of a period, brandon did both in the first, and found themselves down 3-0.

I was talking with some friends and other fans and everybodies opinion was that for PA to take this series, beauchamin would have to steal some games for them, he did that tonight. He stopped monych on a breakaway, and sindel twice on breakaways. He was in a league of his own tonight.

Now Brandon faces some more adversity, Stone took a real bad spearing penalty with 4.5 seconds left and got a double minor, and is probably looking at a suspension.

Brandon was the better team IMO for most of the second and third, but once you get down 3 goals to PA they drop back into that boring old clog up the neutral zone style.

Im going to say Brandon in 6 still. they can steal a game or two in PA me thinks.

Old
04-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Hunter74

Looks like P.A took game 2. Maybe they will make a series of this which should be pretty tough for Brandon after that hard fought battle with Calgary. Which team is the more physical of the 2? I know .A is alot bigger than Brandon but do they actually use there size quite abit or is it just wasted?

With 2 of P.A's better players just coming off injure reserve just before kinda makes you wonder whos gonna be a little fresher in the series? Chipchura, Collitan or Fehr,Stone.?

Oh well.

Lets Go Raiders!!

Old
04-23-2005, 10:31 PM
allin4466

re:

PA isnt that much bigger than brandon, and if PA wants to play physical brandon wont shy away from it. Kozak looked like a bit of a coward tonight, always chirping and spearing guys at the faceoffs, wouldnt go with Day, Webb or Reaves tonight, whats he waiting for, Jeff Topilko?

Old
04-23-2005, 11:33 PM
sbtatter

Brandon looked awful in the 1st, and I love Later but he directly caused 2 goals, he took a stupid misconduct penalty and even though Brandon killed the penalty the puck stayed in their end and PA scored, then, near the end of the 1st he avoided a hit behind his net, but left the puck sitting there for PA to pass across and score a tidy goal. Later's head just wasn't in the game, and Beauchamin was great. Fehr was poor again, not a force unless it's a power play.
PA have to play the most boring clutch and grab/trapping style I've seen, but they had a lot of energy, were more physical and deserved the win. Kozak just lets Day beak at him, I doubt Day will drop them with big # 16, but i get the feeling Reaves might try his luck! Brandon just didn't skate or compete physically in the 1st, and 3 v 0 down to that style of hockey will kill you. Got to win 1 in PA now.
Sindell was stymied on both his breakaways. Stone's spear was stepping in for Fehr, Eric, please, please start competing, you're a shadow of what you were in the regular season. Monych played well, Leblanc wasn't as good as last night, I thought Yeo added a physical presence on the wing. I think I'd drop Boyle and play Yeo back there, Boyle appeared lost out there imo.
Chipchura looks like a dangerous player, and a gritty competitor.

Old
04-23-2005, 11:46 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Actually, that whole melee was caused by hellyer pushing later.. everybody grabbed a partner, and topilko came racing in from the redline and got schlenker just took a golf swing at topilko. dirty move. Biggest ovation of the game was for the ref kicking the one guys ass at the end of the 2nd lol
Actually I thought Later shooting the puck at Hellyer caused it, then Schlenker took the cheap shot and lost his mind....

Old
04-24-2005, 04:22 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
i wasnt gloating, i was just pointing out that it was really nice to see brandons big guns getting back in on the action after being held at bay for most of the calgary series.
Fair enough. I guess I took it the wrong way.

Old
04-26-2005, 10:27 PM
allin4466

Game 3

PA learned the hard way why you dont take penalties vs brandon. its about 5 mins into the 3rd and brandon has 4 PP goals in 6 chances.

Old
04-26-2005, 10:57 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
PA learned the hard way why you dont take penalties vs brandon. its about 5 mins into the 3rd and brandon has 4 PP goals in 6 chances.
Huge game to win, how many PP assists did Konsorada get tonight!!!
Sindel and Fehr (Borro will be happy!) 2 goals each, silenced that partisan crowd. Looking forward to an eye witness report...

Old
04-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Sabes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
Huge game to win, how many PP assists did Konsorada get tonight!!!
Sindel and Fehr (Borro will be happy!) 2 goals each, silenced that partisan crowd. Looking forward to an eye witness report...
It was just a flat game for the Raiders. After the goal that looked like it went off the crossbar was counted they really didn't look too into it. Reffing was brutal but you can pretty much say that for most games. The Raiders need to hit and grind the Wheaties like they did with the Blades and Tigers. They weren't too physical out there. And man is Brandon's PP stellar.

Old
04-26-2005, 11:29 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabes
It was just a flat game for the Raiders. After the goal that looked like it went off the crossbar was counted they really didn't look too into it. Reffing was brutal but you can pretty much say that for most games. The Raiders need to hit and grind the Wheaties like they did with the Blades and Tigers. They weren't too physical out there. And man is Brandon's PP stellar.
I dont really know if you can hit and grind the wheaties. I dont think PA wants to get into a pissing match with later, stone, reaves, leblanc, day, webb, lenoski, monych and even to some extent Fehr.

Kozak is going to get his clock cleaned right away if he keeps chirping and hiding behind the refs.

Old
04-26-2005, 11:29 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabes
Allin listed the PP earlier, when they are on they're game it's a beautiful thing to watch, later can be a great puck handler and QB
I said this on this thread after the 1st game;
Quote:
I was really surprised how PA kill penalties they keep a tight compact box which enables Brandon to wheel and set up a lot of shots, PA will have to watch some game tape of how Calgary pressured Brandon's PP and unsettled it.
Calgary managed to stymie the PP by pressuring and pushing out. If PA don't do that they're going to be in trouble. Sounded like Brandon got a lot of PP's in the 2nd and PA a few after the margin was big?

Old
04-26-2005, 11:31 PM
allin4466

Im a big numbers guy. 20 of brandons 58 postseason goals have been scored on the PP. thats more thats over 33%!

Old
04-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Subban Fan

Did Chipchura play a good 3rd game? Can somebody describe his goal?

Thanks

Old
04-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Hunter74

Quote:
I dont really know if you can hit and grind the wheaties. I dont think PA wants to get into a pissing match with later, stone, reaves, leblanc, day, webb, lenoski, monych and even to some extent Fehr.

Kozak is going to get his clock cleaned right away if he keeps chirping and hiding behind the refs.

I get the feeling you strongly feel that overall that your Brabdon team is alot bigger and tougher than the Raiders team. So if the Raiders try to play a physical game they will be crushed by your list of tough guys. Kinda like theres no way for them to even compete on the same level right. Cant match Brandon for Special teams b/c they obviously dominate there with like you said 33% of there goals scored on the PP. Cant out muscle them b/c like you imply they are a tough group that P.A cant match. I suppose P.A cant out work them as Brandon probable has a group of some of the hardest workers in the WHL right? I am sure Brandon has one of the best coaches in the WHL to right.

Just not really any area that P.A has the edge against Brandon. Though the Raiders must of been doing something better than Brandon as they somehow managed to win 2 games against such a supior opponent who have no visible weak point in there team makeup or game plan.

This is kinda what i was getting from some of your comments.

Old
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
allin4466

I never said brandon was a bigger and stronger and more phyical team, i just said that if PA wanted to play that way, brandon can handle it.

Also, Brandon does have an insane PP unit. that said, the PK isnt great.

And i hate mccrimmon as a coach.

And 33% PP goals can be looked at two ways. 1: nice to see thePP clicking but 2. they havent been as dominant 5 on 5.

It all comes down to one thing(for me) in PA's two wins. Goaltending. Beauchemin was solid, Plante wasnt.

Closed Thread