HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

Brandon vs Prince Albert

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
allin4466

vCash: 500
also, its going to be an insanely large crowd in there tomorrow night. as of 3 this afternoon they had a LIMITED number of STANDING ROOM ONLY tickets.

Old
04-28-2005, 04:56 PM
monster_bertuzzi

LoL@shaws game 3 highlites. Gauthier creames Later - no penalty. Later drills PA player (no penalty) scrum insues and all hell breaks lose.

Old
04-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
LoL@shaws game 3 highlites. Gauthier creames Later - no penalty. Later drills PA player (no penalty) scrum insues and all hell breaks lose.
I was listening to the Prince Albert announcers for game 4 and they seemed dumbfounded at some of the calls the ref made last night. Now I don't like to pick on refs, as I'm a ref myself, but it seems like the ref had a bad game, or the commentators are absolute homers. Anyone care to comment?

Old
04-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
They show all of that yet don't even bother to show the actual fight. Stupid...

Old
04-29-2005, 08:36 AM
sbtatter

Can't wait for the game tonight. Best of 3, let's hope Brandon hold serve and win their home matches!!!!
Looking to see if Day is in the lineup, if Later can hold his temper in check, if McRimmond changes some lines.
Sounds like PA are starting to outhit Brandon, hoping that the Wheaties can return the favour and start wearing down the PA defence, as they appeared to do with the Hitmen.....

Old
04-29-2005, 01:36 PM
TreyAnastasio

vCash:
Brandon a tough hockey club?

I have to say that after watching games 3 and 4 in PA, I noticed one thing about Brandon. Sure they're great at spearing, slashing and anything else if the ref isn't looking, but when they have to answer the bell...they hide. This was really demonstrated a few times in Game 4. Case in point : Konsorada two hands Kozak behind the ankle during a scrum, and when Kozak turns around to drop the mitts...Konsorada drops to the ground like a turtle, and covers his head up. Real moralizing to see your captain try to act big only to be humiliated. And 3400 fans chanting turtle the rest of the game - priceless. And what about Monych at the end of the game...racing into a scrum so he can show how tough he is when the ref gets in between - only to get absolutely destroyed by Schlenker. And after all that, Monych has the nerve to complain and yell at the ref, and complete this whole thing by tossing his mouth guard into the stands. Seems like you score one goal on this team they self destruct. Is this Wheat King hockey?

Old
04-29-2005, 02:16 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyAnastasio
I have to say that after watching games 3 and 4 in PA, I noticed one thing about Brandon. Sure they're great at spearing, slashing and anything else if the ref isn't looking, but when they have to answer the bell...they hide. This was really demonstrated a few times in Game 4. Case in point : Konsorada two hands Kozak behind the ankle during a scrum, and when Kozak turns around to drop the mitts...Konsorada drops to the ground like a turtle, and covers his head up. Real moralizing to see your captain try to act big only to be humiliated. And 3400 fans chanting turtle the rest of the game - priceless. And what about Monych at the end of the game...racing into a scrum so he can show how tough he is when the ref gets in between - only to get absolutely destroyed by Schlenker. And after all that, Monych has the nerve to complain and yell at the ref, and complete this whole thing by tossing his mouth guard into the stands. Seems like you score one goal on this team they self destruct. Is this Wheat King hockey?
nice first post!.... nice vent..... i hope your feeling better,.. before the game and not after. that is.

Old
04-29-2005, 02:31 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
I think Konorada's shoulder is still sore, and I don't want any of the skill guys fighting Kozak. Later, Stone, Reaves, Courchene will all drop them, Wheaties just need to be smart about when and where.....

Old
04-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
that's how you open up a new account

Old
04-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Sabes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
I think Konorada's shoulder is still sore, and I don't want any of the skill guys fighting Kozak. Later, Stone, Reaves, Courchene will all drop them, Wheaties just need to be smart about when and where.....
I agree about Later, Reaves and Courchene dropping them but not Stone. I think he had maybe 2 fights all year. You can add Day and Yeo to the list of Whaties tougher guys.

Old
04-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabes
I agree about Later, Reaves and Courchene dropping them but not Stone. I think he had maybe 2 fights all year. You can add Day and Yeo to the list of Whaties tougher guys.
Louis and LeBlanc as well. The Wheaties are a pretty tough team. Lots of willing guys.

Old
04-29-2005, 04:10 PM
allin4466

Quote:
im not really sure what the deal with stone and fighting is. I know a few guys from around the league, and i dont think to many people are eager to drop them with stone. and at the same time, stone isnt a fighter, hes a power forward that goes out to hit and score, brandon doesnt want him fighting i dont think

as for courchene, i dont think hes a fighter, he talks and walks tough, but if the time came to drop the mitts, i think he'd try to walk away.

Old
04-29-2005, 04:55 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
im not really sure what the deal with stone and fighting is. I know a few guys from around the league, and i dont think to many people are eager to drop them with stone. and at the same time, stone isnt a fighter, hes a power forward that goes out to hit and score, brandon doesnt want him fighting i dont think

as for courchene, i dont think hes a fighter, he talks and walks tough, but if the time came to drop the mitts, i think he'd try to walk away.
I think everyone's worried about concussions for Stone, why risk that in a fight, but he's so intense I think he can't help himself. I want to see Courchene do 2 things;
1 Shoot on net
2 Stop stick handling in precarious areas of the ice!!!

If he won't do those 2 things then he'd better fight!!

Old
04-29-2005, 04:58 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
How did I forget those 2? Yeo has been really physical since he was inserted into the lineup in this series. Leblanc had a scrap against Saskatoon, didn't he take on Haw or Flatt (is that the other big d-man??)

Old
04-29-2005, 05:52 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
I dont think you want Reaves fighting. He got his ass kicked in game 3.

Old
04-29-2005, 05:59 PM
allin4466

Quote:
I dont think you want Reaves fighting. He got his ass kicked in game 3.
hey.. nobodies perfect. reaves is probably the toughest guy on the team IMO as a 17 year old... man is he going to be exciting to watch once he gets into some really really good shape.

Old
04-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Joe Hallenback

Quote:

Sorry but this is an extremely ignorant post. I have watched pretty much every home game this season for the Wheaties and they are one of the toughest teams in the dub. Webb,Day,Louis,Yeo,Reaves,Leblanc and Courchene arnt afraid to drop the gloves with anyone. We dont need or want Monych,Fehr,Konsorada, and Stone to be fighting anyways. btw Stone doesnt fight near as if at all anymore but he did fight quite a bit his first 2 seasons and was known to be "difficult" for a non Heavyweight.
Its funny that guys like Kozak act tough when Konsorada and Monych are on the ice yet he wanted absolutely nothing to do with Riley Day when Day was chasing him around the ice challenging him.

Dont get me wrong I dont like PA but I do not consider them a dirty team. Quite the Contrary they are a tough team.

For all you non western league fans you have to take into consideration that Brandon has been dominating the Eastern division for the past few years and ALOT of teams and fans would like to see them fall.

Old
04-29-2005, 10:27 PM
allin4466

Joe is a wise man. If you can find me a GM in the league that has made the quality trades and team building that McCrimmon has made, i will e-shake your hand. he seems to continually be able to bring in top caliber players for next to nothing. hes also taken some chances on players, or picked up players that seemed destined for failure(later) and now look at them.

Old
04-29-2005, 10:40 PM
TreyAnastasio

vCash:
Kozak/Day

I was at game 4, and saw Kozak call out Day, and proceed to pummel him into the ice. So in regards to your comments...if you really watched/listened to all the games, you would might have known that. And if the Wheat Kings don't "need" guys like Fehr, Konsorada and Monych fighting...why do they act like heavyweights, until they actually get called on it. I respect a guy like Stone who steps to the plate and backs his game up, but have no respect for whiney little pukes like Konsorada who run around, then hides or even worse - falls to the ice and covers up for fear of actually taking a punch to the face - when called out. The captain of a western league team needs heart and grit...not somebody who is tough when you aren't looking, but hides when faced with a challenge. Quality leadership right there. And if you've watched as many games as you say, I'm sure you've noticed that.

Old
04-29-2005, 10:51 PM
allin4466

Quote:
I was at game 4, and saw Kozak call out Day, and proceed to pummel him into the ice. So in regards to your comments...if you really watched/listened to all the games, you would might have known that. And if the Wheat Kings don't "need" guys like Fehr, Konsorada and Monych fighting...why do they act like heavyweights, until they actually get called on it. I respect a guy like Stone who steps to the plate and backs his game up, but have no respect for whiney little pukes like Konsorada who run around, then hides or even worse - falls to the ice and covers up for fear of actually taking a punch to the face - when called out. The captain of a western league team needs heart and grit...not somebody who is tough when you aren't looking, but hides when faced with a challenge. Quality leadership right there. And if you've watched as many games as you say, I'm sure you've noticed that.
and hockey has zero space for ****** like kozak that spear guys in the manhood at every face off. While we're talking about tough guys, how tough is Schlenker.. big brawl at the end of the second in game 1, everybodies in the scrum.. topilko is rushing in from the redline and the only thing the 20 year old 6'0 200 lb schlenker can do, is two hand the 5'10 170 lb 18 year old topilko. OR, how about at the end of game 2 in brandon, stone is beaking and trying to get at schlenker, schlenker just does a circle around the ref(im in no way condoning the spear to the junk by stone). But anyways, dont bad mouth brandons antics when PA does the same thing.

Hello kettle, please dont call me black,
Signed,

The Pot

Old
04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
TreyAnastasio

vCash:
Whats the point

I could get into an e-pissing match with you, but it seems ridiculous. You have your thoughts, I have mine. I've noticed in previous threads fans of the Hitmen share my thoughts, so I'm in no means on my own with this one. Your Schlenker point is valid..but I did see a big 20 year old named Later tryin to scrap a 16 year old kid who is lucky to get in at 5'9 160 lbs.

Last edited by TreyAnastasio: 04-29-2005 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Missed one thing

Old
04-29-2005, 11:27 PM
allin4466

Meh, his bad shoulders were probably just sore from dishing out those four assists in game 3.

nah, all joking aside, im not going to defend him nor bash him on this one, i didnt see the play so my opinion would probably be invalid anyways. But turtling isnt the best thing to do at anytime, but i was just merely pointing out that if you want to say konsoradas a coward, look at schlenker.

as for the kettle/pot thing, same difference.

Old
04-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Joe Hallenback

Like I said before and I will say it again to all you non western fans be reminded that most of Western Canada hates the Wheaties for Dominating the Eastern Conference the past few years. McCrimmon constantly puts together a competitvie team and and Brandon constantly gets the Shaft from The Manitoba border west.

Old
04-30-2005, 09:55 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback
Like I said before and I will say it again to all you non western fans be reminded that most of Western Canada hates the Wheaties for Dominating the Eastern Conference the past few years. McCrimmon constantly puts together a competitvie team and and Brandon constantly gets the Shaft from The Manitoba border west.
One nice thing about Brandon is the number of Manitobans and Brandonites they have on the team, a lot of home grown talent

Old
04-30-2005, 10:15 AM
sbtatter

Unbiased report

This should be a balanced report b/c I watched the game with people from Yorkton to Winnipeg, support for the 2 teams split down the middle. PA played very well in the 1st, only a combination of poor finishing and good saves from Plante kept the score from running up. Undisiplined play by Brandon cost the Wheaties PM. Conclusion was that Brandon were fortunate to win this one.....
They're 1st PP goal, Plante would probably like back. PA came out and hit everything, probably the best period I've seen them play in the Keystone Centre.

Then in the 2nd Later and Burki scored about 30 seconds apart as Brandon started using their speed, PA looked lost, then on a Brandon PP sloppy play by Konsorada (the dangers of a winger playing the point on the PP!!) allowed Erickson to skate right by him in a routine play, and then Plante let Erickson score a soft goal, momentum back to PA thanks to the shorthanded goal. In the 3rd PA tied it up early and it didn't look good. Then the controversial play of the night, right away Brandon dumped the puck into PA's zone, no danger for the d-man, Fehr skating behind him, Fehr put a big hook on the d-man who fell down and all of us expeceted Fehr to receive a penalty......but no whistle......so Fehr went in a 1 on 1 and scored a nice goal, cue mass complaints from the Sk guys in our group!! Brandon played ok after that, Monych scored a nice goal on a 2 on 1, Later dished a high pass that Monych either took about 4" off the ice and into the net, great hand eye co-ordination. They needed the insurance goal as PA scored shorthanded with a few seconds left.
The Burki, Leblanc, Reaves line was Brandon's best line, everyone agreed on that and Reaves and Burki were also 3rd and 1st star, so their steller play was a no brainer. Brandon let PA walk from the corner to the front of the net too often. Later played as a forward quite a bit, the new guy Zulyniak played a solid game on defence. It was the sort of game where not many players stood out, Colliton played a good game as did Byers and Pearpont. Our group picked Colliton from PA and Monych from BWK as players of the game.
Brandon need to step it up if they have a hope of winning in 6.....and I'm going to miss game 7 (if it happens) b/c I'll be in Alberta, frustrating........

Closed Thread