Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brandon vs Prince Albert

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2005, 04:06 PM
TreyAnastasio

vCash:
McCrimmon

He's one hell of a hockey man...Brandon has a team that competes every single year. It sucks being a Raider fan, but you have to admire the hockey smarts he has. I'm just curious about what he's always discussing with the officials - whatever it is seems to be working in this series.

Old
04-30-2005, 05:31 PM
sbtatter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyAnastasio
He's one hell of a hockey man...Brandon has a team that competes every single year. It sucks being a Raider fan, but you have to admire the hockey smarts he has. I'm just curious about what he's always discussing with the officials - whatever it is seems to be working in this series.
I think you'll win game 6, what about you? Your guys could have won last night with a little sharper finishing.....

Old
04-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
the new guy Zulyniak played a solid game on defence. .
Could you, or anyone, possibly elaborate on how Zulyniak played? What type of player he is, how much ice time he got.

I will be forever grateful.

Old
04-30-2005, 10:36 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
Could you, or anyone, possibly elaborate on how Zulyniak played? What type of player he is, how much ice time he got.

I will be forever grateful.
Instead of being grateful, buy me a beer!!
Now, i was entertaining customers so I couldn't watch as close as I normally do, but here goes..
Looked like Zulyniak fit right in, so well in fact that Later could play up front. He appeared to have average to better than average speed and puck handling ability. He played a smart, low risk game, moved the puck and didn't get running around too much. I'd dress him for the next game. He's not huge, more like Courchene size. Good 1st game for a guy stepping up a level.

Old
04-30-2005, 11:41 PM
allin4466

Quote:
the reffing has been horrid for both teams this series IMO. Now iw asnt at the game, but how did stone basically have a clearcut breakaway.. lose the puck.. then get a roughing penalty with nobody around him?

Old
05-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Instead of being grateful, buy me a beer!!
Now, i was entertaining customers so I couldn't watch as close as I normally do, but here goes..
Looked like Zulyniak fit right in, so well in fact that Later could play up front. He appeared to have average to better than average speed and puck handling ability. He played a smart, low risk game, moved the puck and didn't get running around too much. I'd dress him for the next game. He's not huge, more like Courchene size. Good 1st game for a guy stepping up a level.
That is terrific to hear, especialy the "smart, low risk" part, exactly what Brandon's D needs. Hopefully Zulyniak can be a strong and calming presence on the Wheatie blueline.

BTW, did Later play up at forward on Friday night?

Old
05-01-2005, 03:22 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:

Agreed McCrimmon is a hell of a hockey guy........One thing i absolutely dont agree with however is that he is getting calls to be going the wheat kings way.....sure there was a non call just before the Fehr goal.....but all first period the raiders got every call.....and when it was time to even it up in the 2nd period it seemed to always be quincidental penalties only.

Old
05-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
That is terrific to hear, especialy the "smart, low risk" part, exactly what Brandon's D needs. Hopefully Zulyniak can be a strong and calming presence on the Wheatie blueline.

BTW, did Later play up at forward on Friday night?
Later did play as a forward on friday night....he was playing on the top line with Stone and Monych most of the night.....he did also have some shifts on the PP and PK as a defenceman though so it wasnt an entire game on fwd.

Just wondering the thoughts on putting Later up front and playing him even more than when he was just on D.....he is hurting fairly badly right now and the thought seemed to be get him up front and roll 4 lines to keep him more healthy and fresh....then they play him extra on the pp pk and double shift him between fwd and D.

Old
05-01-2005, 11:20 AM
sbtatter

I think it's ok to play him up front, he takes less of a physical pounding up there. He generates offence where ever he plays. Any idea what is physically ailing him?

Old
05-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
I think it's ok to play him up front, he takes less of a physical pounding up there. He generates offence where ever he plays. Any idea what is physically ailing him?
ive heard plenty of rumours but my guess is his back.

Old
05-01-2005, 06:13 PM
allin4466

shoulder is my guess. When he left in game 1 or 2 for a bit there(i think it was this series.. bad memory.. when he whipped his glove at the other teams net as he was leaving).. he was cradling his shoulder.. and when he came back on for the 2nd he was doing windmills by the looks of it

Old
05-01-2005, 08:03 PM
sbtatter

Raiders go 1 v 0 up with 5 seconds left in the 1st....

Old
05-01-2005, 08:04 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
shoulder is my guess. When he left in game 1 or 2 for a bit there(i think it was this series.. bad memory.. when he whipped his glove at the other teams net as he was leaving).. he was cradling his shoulder.. and when he came back on for the 2nd he was doing windmills by the looks of it
I remember him throwing the glove!! He's prbably got the shortest temper of anyone on the Wheaties...

Old
05-01-2005, 08:29 PM
not quite yoda

anyone else having trouble getting the radio feed over the net?

Old
05-01-2005, 08:30 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
anyone else having trouble getting the radio feed over the net?
www.cklq.com and i am using the low feed thing, the high speed server was full apparently

Old
05-01-2005, 08:32 PM
not quite yoda

Could anyone who has watched the series fill me in on how dominant Chipchura has been sincereturning from his injury? I know he keeping up atop his team's PPG avg since his return... but is the play revolving around him or is he just rather luckily chipping in here and there?

Old
05-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Could anyone who has watched the series fill me in on how dominant Chipchura has been sincereturning from his injury? I know he keeping up atop his team's PPG avg since his return... but is the play revolving around him or is he just rather luckily chipping in here and there?
I've only seen one game this series and he was pretty invisable. His skating was fine and he's very strong on the boards, but aside from that he didn't show me anything.

Old
05-01-2005, 10:04 PM
allin4466

oooo OT

Old
05-01-2005, 10:21 PM
allin4466

shiiiit.. oh well.. game 7 in brandon..

Old
05-01-2005, 11:02 PM
sbtatter

Interested to hear from the people who went. The radio commo said it was a controversial OT winner, just as Fehrs was in game 5.
OT was a really good chance for the Wheaties and all of their snipers, going to be tense Tuesday night, and I CAN'T GO!!! Going to be giving my 4 tickets away

Old
05-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Sabes

Quote:
Interested to hear from the people who went. The radio commo said it was a controversial OT winner, just as Fehrs was in game 5.
OT was a really good chance for the Wheaties and all of their snipers, going to be tense Tuesday night, and I CAN'T GO!!! Going to be giving my 4 tickets away
The controversy was the puck barely slid in and crossed the line. Plante reached back and pulled it out and tried to say it wasn't in. The 1 linesman and the goaljudge had clear view and said it was a goal.

Old
05-02-2005, 08:52 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabes
The controversy was the puck barely slid in and crossed the line. Plante reached back and pulled it out and tried to say it wasn't in. The 1 linesman and the goaljudge had clear view and said it was a goal.
OK. Any players stand out, for good or bad reasons?

Old
05-02-2005, 06:22 PM
TreyAnastasio

vCash:
Later's status....

I saw Later out there for the first period, then didn't even see him on the bench for the rest of the game, including OT. Any word on an injury? Tough to be Brandon right now, still banged up from the Calgary series and up against a fairly fresh and healthy Raider squad.

Old
05-03-2005, 09:26 PM
c9orf

Congrats to the Wheaties. Good series, but they did seem to be the better team.

Old
05-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Hunter74

Quote:
I saw Later out there for the first period, then didn't even see him on the bench for the rest of the game, including OT. Any word on an injury? Tough to be Brandon right now, still banged up from the Calgary series and up against a fairly fresh and healthy Raider squad.

I think The Raiders only played 2 less games than Brandon coming into this series. Though the Hitmen and Wheaties really went at each other pretty hard in the previous round.

The score seems to be alittle out of hand in this final game. Hope it doesn't get dirty but with all the players with bad attitudes on both teams I can see maybe some payback kinda stuff if theres no chance for the Raiders to make a game of it. Possibly a heavey price for a chippy series. Officials should of did a better job imo with some of the antics players play on each other to get under each others skin. I find junior guys are allowed to be agitating than Pro players.

Closed Thread