HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 14 | Breaking Oilers: Krazy 8(th overall pick?)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2013, 12:38 PM
  #276
BowDangles
Registered User
 
BowDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
for bold moves..

Hemsky+2014 1st for Lucic
Gagner/Hemsky+ 2013 1st for Hanzal
Hemsky+ Marincin+2nd for Kulikov
Dubnyk + for R Miller
I think I would be happy with all these moves which leads me to believe that the other teams would never do them...

Honestly I wonder what the Bruins want for Lucic? I wonder if they would do a Kessel type deal again. A ton of first rounders for him.

BowDangles is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 12:42 PM
  #277
jmoss45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: EDM
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I think I would be happy with all these moves which leads me to believe that the other teams would never do them...

Honestly I wonder what the Bruins want for Lucic? I wonder if they would do a Kessel type deal again. A ton of first rounders for him.
I really think Lucic gets traded this summer. According to Bruins media, apparently he hasn't been the same player lately. Getting too fancy, not hitting, rarely fights.

Not saying he'll be an oiler by any means, but you'd hope the oil would be sniffing around.

jmoss45 is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
  #278
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,785
vCash: 500
Gagner is another guy that I could see McT wanting to move. Just please don't have Horcoff as the #2C.

ponokanocker is online now  
Old
04-15-2013, 01:35 PM
  #279
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
I really think Lucic gets traded this summer. According to Bruins media, apparently he hasn't been the same player lately. Getting too fancy, not hitting, rarely fights.

Not saying he'll be an oiler by any means, but you'd hope the oil would be sniffing around.
hes on a short contract, and knows that he has enough cache to hit a big contract even with reduced production, as long as he stays healthy.



smart move.

Koto is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 01:51 PM
  #280
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,990
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
Gagner is another guy that I could see McT wanting to move. Just please don't have Horcoff as the #2C.
This really is my worry. Which it might not be that horrid if the guy they are getting for Gagner is a top pairing d-man.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 01:51 PM
  #281
onetweasy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
I really think Lucic gets traded this summer. According to Bruins media, apparently he hasn't been the same player lately. Getting too fancy, not hitting, rarely fights.

Not saying he'll be an oiler by any means, but you'd hope the oil would be sniffing around.
Looking at that he would fit right in!!!!!!!!!

onetweasy is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 02:04 PM
  #282
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,245
vCash: 500
Taylor Hall for Marty Reasoner
Eberle for Toby Peterson
RNH for Patrick Thoreson

We are good to go.

Beerfish is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 02:04 PM
  #283
Hall2Nuge2Ebs
Registered User
 
Hall2Nuge2Ebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 50
The dream team:

1st, PRV for Yandle
Hemsky + prospect for McBain
Sign Bozak and Clowe
Gagner+2014 1st + Marincin for Lucic
Eberle for Foligno + Ott

Lucic/RNH/Yakupov
Hall/Bozak/Clowe
Foligno/Horcoff/Ott
Harti/Lander/Petrell

Yandle/McBain
Petry/Smid
J.Schultz/N.Schultz
Fistric/Klefbom

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 02:23 PM
  #284
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
The dream team:

1st, PRV for Yandle
Hemsky + prospect for McBain
Sign Bozak and Clowe
Gagner+2014 1st + Marincin for Lucic
Eberle for Foligno + Ott

Lucic/RNH/Yakupov
Hall/Bozak/Clowe
Foligno/Horcoff/Ott
Harti/Lander/Petrell

Yandle/McBain
Petry/Smid
J.Schultz/N.Schultz
Fistric/Klefbom
Wow, Eberle better get you more then Ott and Marcus Foligno. Also, if you do all this, you can buyout Horcoff.

Edit: Also, Justin Schutlz is a RD, as is Petry, and McBain isn't playing higher then either of them.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 02:36 PM
  #285
longtimeoilfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 101
vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Taylor Hall for Marty Reasoner
Eberle for Toby Peterson
RNH for Patrick Thoreson

We are good to go.
You forgot finding and signing Reddox...

longtimeoilfan is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 02:37 PM
  #286
BowDangles
Registered User
 
BowDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Taylor Hall for Marty Reasoner
Eberle for Toby Peterson
RNH for Patrick Thoreson

We are good to go.
You forgot about trading Yakupov for Liam Reddox

BowDangles is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 02:44 PM
  #287
MrBigglesworth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
You forgot about trading Yakupov for Liam Reddox
J. Schultz for JF Jacques?

MrBigglesworth is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 03:42 PM
  #288
s7ark
Registered User
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
Gagner is another guy that I could see McT wanting to move. Just please don't have Horcoff as the #2C.
Knowing MacT's love for Horc, we could easily see him in the top 6 next year. Scary thought. I hope he is smarter than that.

s7ark is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 03:43 PM
  #289
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Knowing MacT's love for Horc, we could easily see him in the top 6 next year. Scary thought. I hope he is smarter than that.
Mac-T always had a lack of options, if anything I could see him going after Stoll to bring him back to add depth down the middle.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 03:45 PM
  #290
shogun99
Registered User
 
shogun99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,200
vCash: 500
Id love to have Stoll back and Horcoff gone.

shogun99 is online now  
Old
04-15-2013, 03:49 PM
  #291
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Knowing MacT's love for Horc, we could easily see him in the top 6 next year. Scary thought. I hope he is smarter than that.
He's not going to be the coach though.

Skm is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 03:51 PM
  #292
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,990
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
He's not going to be the coach though.
Sure, but give him RNH, Horcoff, VV, Lander and you'll see Horc in the top 6

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 03:52 PM
  #293
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up
 
Matt Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Knowing MacT's love for Horc, we could easily see him in the top 6 next year. Scary thought. I hope he is smarter than that.
....because GMs set the lineup.

Unless you think he's trading Gagner or Nuge away....?

Matt Ryan is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  #294
s7ark
Registered User
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
....because GMs set the lineup.

Unless you think he's trading Gagner or Nuge away....?
Gagner possibly, Nuge unlikely.

s7ark is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  #295
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,953
vCash: 500
PRV + our 1st for Myers although his broken leg or whatever it was probably scares me a bit.

OilerFan4Life is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 04:04 PM
  #296
raab
Where's the Heart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 580
After thinking about this some more I'm alright with the move. MacT coached Chicago's farm club last year, he might be able to pick up a few up and coming kids for peanuts like Sutter did with Kipper. Will definitely have a better understanding of AHL players then Tambo and will make changes. Tambo was Dave Nonisz cIrca the Canucks Years. He tried to make a splash then did nothing to address the teams issues during his time here.

raab is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
  #297
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,365
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
....because GMs set the lineup.

Unless you think he's trading Gagner or Nuge away....?
Spec mentioned he could see Gagner gone in the offseason after having multiple conversations with MacT.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 04:07 PM
  #298
BowDangles
Registered User
 
BowDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
I wonder what Gagner + our first this year could fetch...

Lucic?

BowDangles is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 04:11 PM
  #299
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,990
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
After thinking about this some more I'm alright with the move. MacT coached Chicago's farm club last year, he might be able to pick up a few up and coming kids for peanuts like Sutter did with Kipper. Will definitely have a better understanding of AHL players then Tambo and will make changes. Tambo was Dave Nonisz cIrca the Canucks Years. He tried to make a splash then did nothing to address the teams issues during his time here.
While I'm not against getting some guys from their system, we need some proven assets more then anything.

Also wasn't it the Nucks farm club?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 04:15 PM
  #300
Kayen
Dubnykov
 
Kayen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Sure, but give him RNH, Horcoff, VV, Lander and you'll see Horc in the top 6
Well, yeah who else do play in the top 6 at that point? It's not like there's a choice..

Kayen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.