HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would you trade for Roberto Luongo?

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2005, 01:35 PM
BlueBleeder

vCash: 500
I would give alot more then what I posted earlier, but St Louis doesn't have the young NHL players or the blue chip prospects to put together a great package.

Old
04-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte
Theodore
Zednik
Plekanec
2006 2nd Rounder

For

Luongo

I think many on this board are really lowballing his value... some of the offers i just read (especially Toronto and St. Louis ones) were no where near what a team would have to pay for him... especially if it was made public that he was up for trade. Teams would be one-upping each other for weeks!
I specifically stated that it wouldn't be enough to get him since other teams would outbid the Leafs in the offer I proposed. Did you read past the offer at all? I'm well aware the what I wrote up as an offer would NOT fly. I was doing my best to provide an offer that could at all work, and I did just that. Also stating that a guy like Kaberle, or Stajan would likely have to be included as well near the bottom. Essentially our offers stack up like this in the end though:

Theodore>>>Tellqvist
Zednik = Kaberle (Kaberle with a SLIGHT upper hand in value though)
Plekanec << Steen, Vorobiev
2006 2nd Rounder < 2005 3rd + 2006 2nd

Sorry friend, I don't see why my "lowball" offer is that much worse than your offer. Yes Theo is definitely better than Tellqvist, but every other aspect of my offer is better than yours. Heck Tellqvist really isn't even that bad, he sure played well for the Leafs when he was called up. Thoe definitely gives your offer the edge overall, simply because he's a number one calibre still, but all things considered your offer is not so substantially better that it warrants an attack on mine.

Last edited by Charge_Seven: 04-22-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old
04-22-2005, 01:47 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
You've got to put a goalie in to the trade.. whos it gonna be SENSGOD????
Fine make it this then.

Havlat, Volchenkov and (pick one: Emery, Thompson, Glass, Hasek, Prusek...I don't care a 1st round pick is worth more than any of those guys).

Old
04-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte
Theodore
Zednik
Plekanec
2006 2nd Rounder

For

Luongo

I think many on this board are really lowballing his value... some of the offers i just read (especially Toronto and St. Louis ones) were no where near what a team would have to pay for him... especially if it was made public that he was up for trade. Teams would be one-upping each other for weeks!
I think it's the opposite, people on these boards are willing to give up more than their respective GMs probably would. For whatever reason, goalies have never had terribly high trade value (in comparison to players of similar value but of different positions) and teams don't seem willing to give up a star they are building around. The Khabibulin trade would probably be the best indicator of what Florida could get IMO.

Add to this the fact that Luongo is virutally untested in the playoffs and I think GMs would not be willing to hand over large parts of their core...especially their young core.

In the end, I can't see Florida getting an offer that would intice them to trade Luongo barring him demanding a trade.

As for the above Montreal deal, this is exactly the kind of deal that Montreal would not make IMO. Theo is a great young goalie himself who is more playoff tested. To add in a top 6 forward plus a few prospects...IMO this offer would never be made by a GM just people on this board.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:04 PM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Fine make it this then.

Havlat, Volchenkov and (pick one: Emery, Thompson, Glass, Hasek, Prusek...I don't care a 1st round pick is worth more than any of those guys).
Still wouldn't do it!!!! hahaha only messing

I think you'd have to throw in Emery aswell as a draft pick... not too sure though... But if i was the Ottawa GM I give up the following.. and i think the panthers just might bite....

To Panthers:
Havlat
Volchenkov
Emery
2005 1st round draft pick

To Senators:
Luongo

once again though i'd like to see what a panthers fan would think of an offer like this???

Old
04-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
I would trade Parrish and Kvasha from the Isles for Luongo. But only if Florida throws in Jokinen.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
Still wouldn't do it!!!! hahaha only messing

I think you'd have to throw in Emery aswell as a draft pick... not too sure though... But if i was the Ottawa GM I give up the following.. and i think the panthers just might bite....

To Panthers:
Havlat
Volchenkov
Emery
2005 1st round draft pick

To Senators:
Luongo

once again though i'd like to see what a panthers fan would think of an offer like this???
Not bad value wise. Probably the most value of any trade I have seen so far. However, Emery just isn't the type of goalie we would be looking for in return. If we trade Luongo, we need a stud, near sure thing goalie in return who is no older than 25.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:21 PM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
Not bad value wise. Probably the most value of any trade I have seen so far. However, Emery just isn't the type of goalie we would be looking for in return. If we trade Luongo, we need a stud, near sure thing goalie in return who is no older than 25.
okay well instead take Hasek instead.... what about that

Old
04-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Habs13

To Atlanta:
Roberto Luongo

To Florida;
Kari Lehtonen
Ilya Kovalchuk
Ronald Petrovicky
2nd Round pick

Lehtonen is possibly the hottest goaltending prospect about, besides maybe Marc-Andre Fleury, a suitable replacement for Luongo. Kovalchuk is one of the better young offensive stars in the game and tied with Nash and Iginla for the Rocket Richard trophy. Petrovicky is a throw-in, and a boost to the Pathers offense. A second round over a first because teh draft is far too deep.. and, Atlanta has already given up more than a fair amount, IMHO.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:47 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
If a team had this why would they trade for Luongo...?

It'd make more sense to keep their own stud and the rest of their core intact.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
To Atlanta:
Roberto Luongo

To Florida;
Kari Lehtonen
Ilya Kovalchuk
Ronald Petrovicky
2nd Round pick

Lehtonen is possibly the hottest goaltending prospect about, besides maybe Marc-Andre Fleury, a suitable replacement for Luongo. Kovalchuk is one of the better young offensive stars in the game and tied with Nash and Iginla for the Rocket Richard trophy. Petrovicky is a throw-in, and a boost to the Pathers offense. A second round over a first because teh draft is far too deep.. and, Atlanta has already given up more than a fair amount, IMHO.

Keenan would pee himself with glee if that offer were ever made.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:49 PM
mercury

I love Luongo, but that trade makes the Panthers contenders for the playoffs immediately. Kovalchuk is one of the few players in the NHL who trade value is close to Luongo's, AND they give up the #1 goalie prospect in the world, a role player, and a 2nd? YIKES.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Habs13

To Buffalo:
Roberto Luongo

To Florida:
Ryan Miller
Tomas Vanek
Miroslav Satan
Maxim Afinogenov
2nd Round Pick

A leader in Satan, a young star in Afinogenov and two prospects with great upside in Vanek and Miller.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Habs13

Meh.. as people where saying, it would be a bidding war for Luongo so.. who can better that offer?

Old
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Safir*

Habs 13: I hope you are joking.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
Habs 13: I hope you are joking.

Not this time pal! Why would Florida move Luongo unless it was a sick deal? Well, there you go.. two sick deals.

Old
04-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I would trade Parrish and Kvasha from the Isles for Luongo. But only if Florida throws in Jokinen.

good one

Old
04-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Not this time pal! Why would Florida move Luongo unless it was a sick deal? Well, there you go.. two sick deals.
I prefer Lehtonen's upside over Luongo's.

Kovalchuk is more worth than Luongo, because he puts people into the arenas.

Old
04-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Sorry friend, I don't see why my "lowball" offer is that much worse than your offer. Yes Theo is definitely better than Tellqvist, but every other aspect of my offer is better than yours. Heck Tellqvist really isn't even that bad, he sure played well for the Leafs when he was called up. Thoe definitely gives your offer the edge overall, simply because he's a number one calibre still, but all things considered your offer is not so substantially better that it warrants an attack on mine.
it is substantially better. They have Theodore in their deal you have nothing even remotely comparable in yours.
any team in the league can throw in a good young d man, a very average goalie prospect and an unproven good prospect.

The inclusion of Theodore makes the entire Hab deal.....
Zednik and Kaberle are probably a saw off.
the prospects aren't so great that it makes much of swing in the deal.
Theodore and Tellquist don't belong in the same sentence.

The point is that the marquee centrepiece of the montreal deal is Theodore, yours is Kaberle whom the Habs have already matched with Zednik.
The montreal deal is a FAR better deal.

It would still be a far better deal if it was only Theo and Zednik VS. your offer.

Old
04-22-2005, 03:13 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Milan Hejduk OR Alex Tanguay
Ossi Vaananen OR John-Michael Liles
David Aebischer
1st round pick

Would that even get Florida talking?

Old
04-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Crossroads*

From Ottawa:

To Florida:
Havlat, Fisher, Redden, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

To Ottawa:
Luongo, Weiss.

Old
04-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Crossroads*

From Toronto:

To Florida:
Stajan, Belfour, Steen, McCabe, 2nd Round Pick.

To Toronto:
Luongo, Weiss.

Old
04-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
To Atlanta:
Roberto Luongo

To Florida;
Kari Lehtonen
Ilya Kovalchuk
Ronald Petrovicky
2nd Round pick

vau...
i would take that one

Old
04-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
To Atlanta:
Roberto Luongo

To Florida;
Kari Lehtonen
Ilya Kovalchuk
Ronald Petrovicky
2nd Round pick

Major overpayment by Atlanta, a franchise winger like Kovalchuk would be more than enough to land Louie IMO, but I hope Florida is able to keep Roberto in a Panther uniform for a long time.

Old
04-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Milan Hejduk OR Alex Tanguay
Ossi Vaananen OR John-Michael Liles
David Aebischer
1st round pick

Would that even get Florida talking?
sarcasm?