HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida - Colorado

Old
04-10-2013, 09:20 AM
ursavolta

vCash: 500
Florida - Colorado

COL
Drew Shore
Dimitri Kulikov

FLA

I joked around with a good buddy of mine about trying to acquire Colorado's first. We brought this up and thought that it is a crazy deal that would never happened, probably because we suck at making trades. But I would like to see the reactions/comments from my fellow hfboard posters.

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Not a chance from the Avs.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:22 AM
TylerSVT*

Cant see Colorado giving up Jones for that.

Not close.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:23 AM
ursavolta

Lol figured as much.

One can dream!

Old
04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Lonewolfe2015

I can't see either fan base being very appreciable to this. Overpayment by the Panthers and it's simply not the direction the Avs should be going. Panthers add Drouin, MacKinnon and Stastny to their club, the odds of them getting a top 5 pick (which would be the only way I'd want to do this deal) become way too slim.

What would it take to perform a Stastny for Kulikov/Shore swap?

Thinking of it from our perspective, it'd be like us asking if your 1st is available for our 2014 1st/2nd and one of our top prospects.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:36 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I can't see either fan base being very appreciable to this. Overpayment by the Panthers and it's simply not the direction the Avs should be going. Panthers add Drouin, MacKinnon and Stastny to their club, the odds of them getting a top 5 pick (which would be the only way I'd want to do this deal) become way too slim.

What would it take to perform a Stastny for Kulikov/Shore swap?

Thinking of it from our perspective, it'd be like us asking if your 1st is available for our 2014 1st/2nd and one of our top prospects.
Never thought of it like that, I would say no to that. I am actually digging kulikov/Shore on the cats, but our aim at creating such an absurd trade proposal was your acquire your 2013 first rounder to be honest, and see the reactions/expectations from both clubs.

I am not sure what I would pay for Paul to be honest, I wouldn't want to trade kulikov straight up, but maybe shore, but I don't think its a necessity of the cats, looking at the way the club is being properly rebuilt.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
Never thought of it like that, I would say no to that. I am actually digging kulikov/Shore on the cats, but our aim at creating such an absurd trade proposal was your acquire your 2013 first rounder to be honest, and see the reactions/expectations from both clubs.

I am not sure what I would pay for Paul to be honest, I wouldn't want to trade kulikov straight up, but maybe shore, but I don't think its a necessity of the cats, looking at the way the club is being properly rebuilt.
Right, I understood your objective. Can't say I personally am terribly turned off by the idea of acquiring Kulikov and Shore, just not at the expense of our first this year, neither add up to the value Jones could provide us or the potential of having yet another top talent that grew up a fan of the team.

I could see a Staz and 2nd for Kulikov and Shore base package making sense for us. But not a ton for you guys if what Tallon said were true and if you guys continue a rebuild. I can't see anything sensible getting us to move our 1st this year, hell even a lot of overpayments will probably not be enough. Jones or bust.

If you guys draft Mac at one, Calgary takes Jones at two and we're on the table at three.... then you might have something here.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:47 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Right, I understood your objective. Can't say I personally am terribly turned off by the idea of acquiring Kulikov and Shore, just not at the expense of our first this year, neither add up to the value Jones could provide us or the potential of having yet another top talent that grew up a fan of the team.

I could see a Staz and 2nd for Kulikov and Shore base package making sense for us. But not a ton for you guys if what Tallon said were true and if you guys continue a rebuild. I can't see anything sensible getting us to move our 1st this year, hell even a lot of overpayments will probably not be enough. Jones or bust.

If you guys draft Mac at one, Calgary takes Jones at two and we're on the table at three.... then you might have something here.
Ha! Never knew! I would now rather have you guys pick up Jones, that would be awesome. Well, thanks for the comments, you bring up some good points.

Here to the avs picking up Jones

Old
04-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Koto

as a neutral fan im intrigued by this, but i think its too convoluted, why include statsny?

if you took him out and worked something around kulikov+ for the pick i think it could be appealing for both teams.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Teams don't really trade out of the top 3-4 overall. If they do, it's down to another top ten pick.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:55 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
as a neutral fan im intrigued by this, but i think its too convoluted, why include statsny?

if you took him out and worked something around kulikov+ for the pick i think it could be appealing for both teams.
We figured Stats would be a good replacement for Weiss, since Shore looks like to have a good shot of making the team next year (even though I think Bjugstad might battle him for that position).

Old
04-10-2013, 09:55 AM
GamingGiant

No thanks from an Avs stand point.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:59 AM
chet1926

The only way we'd trade our 1st this year to you would have to be for your 1st and a quality dman like Gudbranson or Kulikov. (This is assuming that the Avs have the 1st pick like we do now and the Panthers have the 3rd pick).

No reason for us to give up a shot a Seth Jones a dman we desperately need unless we get a quality dman and either MacKinnon or Drouin.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Teams don't really trade out of the top 3-4 overall. If they do, it's down to another top ten pick.
kulikov is easily worth more than a 5-10 pick, i might say higher, but then prospects hypetrain might get a bit upset.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Koto

IMO people are really overstating the gap between kulikov and jones.

kulikov has already proven to be a #2/3 Dman, still young and improving. jones might have a little more potential, and i think overall more value, but not much.

kulikov+3OA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1OA.

i would suggest something like kulikov+option to swap 1sts 2014 for 1OA.

that or some other mid level asset.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
kulikov is easily worth more than a 5-10 pick, i might say higher, but then prospects hypetrain might get a bit upset.
I don't think Kulikov is a prospect anymore. He's played over 230 NHL games.

I like Kulikov. He's a talented, somewhat inconsistent defender. I don't think there is any way Florida would get a first overall pick with him as the main piece coming back.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Beezeral

The only draft day deal between these 2 teams I see happening is if the panthers win the lotto but want to draft mackinnion or one of the other forwards. Colorado would want to jump up to insure they get jones.

Proposals where one team ends up with both first round picks this year have a .0001% chance of happening.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I don't think Kulikov is a prospect anymore. He's played over 230 NHL games.

I like Kulikov. He's a talented, somewhat inconsistent defender. I don't think there is any way Florida would get a first overall pick with him as the main piece coming back.
Agreed. Kulikov in this draft might be worth around the 7-8 pick, but his upside is becoming a lot more well known than Seth's who should be clearly better by the time he's played as much as Kulikov.

We'd need a Kulikov + 7th overall for 1st probably, But even then, rather just draft Seth.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:32 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 92
As an Avs fan I'd consider trading our 1st (and I'm in the minority among Avs fans on HF) if it is on draft day (earlier only if it is certain Jones will be gone by the Avs' pick).

to miss out on Jones, and trade Drouin or MacKinnon I think it would take at least

Kulikov
Shore
Florida's 2nd
mid-late pick/prospect

for

Avs 1st
Hunwick/Zanon/O'Brien (for roster space)

Last edited by AslanRH: 04-10-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: easier to see
AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
As an Avs fan I'd consider trading our 1st (and I'm in the minority among Avs fans on HF) if it is on draft day (earlier only if it is certain Jones will be gone by the Avs' pick).

to miss out on Jones, and trade Drouin or MacKinnon I think it would take at least

Kulikov+Shore+Florida's 2nd+mid-late pick/prospect for Avs 1st+ Hunwick/Zanon/O'Brien (for roster space)
i dont know the exact value of shore, but this seems fair. much improved from the OP.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
i dont know the exact value of shore, but this seems fair. much improved from the OP.
Yeah, interesting proposal.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
TylerSVT*

I get the Jones is going to be a rookie and might turn into an EJ type (dissapoint), but IMO he has OEL upside (not the same type of player, just that level or value).

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:00 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Not even close for the Avs.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Djp

I am assuming Colorado and Florida would have picks picks in the top 5.

What is the point of this deal?

Florida would not give Kulikov for Stasny.

I could see one team trading with the other because of position in the draft.. Such a deal wouldnt be that significant.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:20 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
I am assuming Colorado and Florida would have picks picks in the top 5.

What is the point of this deal?

Florida would not give Kulikov for Stasny.

I could see one team trading with the other because of position in the draft.. Such a deal wouldnt be that significant.
That is the real point of including Kulikov in my original deal. Figured statsny was also a throw in for a first line duty.