HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

#41 - Sharks @ Dallas - Pass the Salt - 4/13/13 - 5:00PM CSN-CA KFOX

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2013, 08:38 PM
  #326
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,767
vCash: 2810
So Sheppard brings less than no.37 huh? K.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:39 PM
  #327
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 46,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
He's been busy with Team USA and their woman's Tournament.
So Curtis Brown is a temporary solution? Phew.

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:39 PM
  #328
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,130
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
The League
I only saw season 1

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:39 PM
  #329
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,767
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
So Curtis Brown is a temporary solution? Phew.
Dave Maley was asleep so yeah.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:41 PM
  #330
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 25,859
vCash: 500
Just drop the ****in puck.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:41 PM
  #331
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,130
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
He's been busy with Team USA and their woman's Tournament.
Yeah, Gold medal-winning Team USA

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:42 PM
  #332
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Fistfullofbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Country: India
Posts: 7,361
vCash: 500
Best part of this period .. wife and I decided to work on our Vegas vacation plans.

__________________
What?! Look, he thinks he's people!
Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
  #333
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,923
vCash: 500
Dallas made little effort to do anything but defend for the last half of that period. Hopefully the Ron Wilson formation backfires on them.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
  #334
do0glas
Registered User
 
do0glas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Best part of this period .. wife and I decided to work on our Vegas vacation plans.
thats cool.

lived there about 4.5 years. have fun!

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
  #335
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 25,859
vCash: 500
One more period then cue the tears.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
  #336
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,767
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Dallas made little effort to do anything but defend for the last half of that period. Hopefully the Ron Wilson formation backfires on them.
Doubt it. SJ looks like poop again.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:44 PM
  #337
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,531
vCash: 628
We got one more against Dallas after this. Might as well pencil that one in as a loss too.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:44 PM
  #338
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 25,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Dallas made little effort to do anything but defend for the last half of that period. Hopefully the Ron Wilson formation backfires on them.
Yup. Just collapse in front.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:45 PM
  #339
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,923
vCash: 500
Derian Hatcher looks like Sloth from The Goonies.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:45 PM
  #340
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
The League


Nice.

KirbyDots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:45 PM
  #341
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,767
vCash: 2810
Oil Spice is right, I'm never leaving my house again.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:46 PM
  #342
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Dallas is the only team that I don't mind getting the other teams feed. They're really good
I used to not mind the Stars broadcast, but after a few too many Dal/SJ games with them I began to become perturbed by Darryl Reaugh's propensity for excessive verbosity and ostentatious displays of descriptiveness that have lacked the requisite degree of technical precision and have tended toward fraudulence with regards to his linguistic aptitudes. Both grievances are grounded in my predisposition toward a certain level of narrative efficiency and a steadfast belief that it is inadvisable to alienate audiences by confounding them with indecipherable elocution.

(translation: his attempts to add flavor with his odd "rayzorisms" and tendency toward flowery language hurt the accessibility of the broadcast because a) his lines are so purple sometimes that they can be hard to figure out the proper meaning of and b) he often uses words in a way that's pretty blatantly wrong. The color guy's main job is to explain aspects of the game for the fans watching who may not have a full understanding of the nuances of hockey strategy or play. But you can't do that easily if you're burying the audience in fancy, wrongly-crafted descriptions or taking over-describing the play to the point where it muddles the facts. NOTE: If you want to understand my use of the word "purple" above, go to tvtropes.org and search for "purple prose" I can't link it here without showing the spoiler text).

and if ClicheGuevara is here right now, no I won't be carrying this on for a bunch of posts like last time. One and done tonight. It's too much work otherwise. Unless Joe scores.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:46 PM
  #343
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Doubt it. SJ looks like poop again.

Don't ask why, but I'm expecting a good third period from them.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:47 PM
  #344
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,767
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Don't ask why, but I'm expecting a good third period from them.
Does that mean they'll score 1 and lose or comeback to tie?

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:47 PM
  #345
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 46,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Dave Maley was asleep so yeah.
oh gawd ...

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:48 PM
  #346
hawkytalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I used to not mind the Stars broadcast, but after a few too many Dal/SJ games with them I began to become perturbed by Darryl Reaugh's propensity for excessive verbosity and ostentatious displays of descriptiveness that have lacked the requisite degree of technical precision and have tended toward fraudulence with regards to his linguistic aptitudes. Both grievances are grounded in my predisposition toward a certain level of narrative efficiency and a steadfast belief that it is inadvisable to alienate audiences by confounding them with indecipherable elocution.

(translation: his attempts to add flavor with his odd "rayzorisms" and tendency toward flowery language hurt the accessibility of the broadcast because a) his lines are so purple sometimes that they can be hard to figure out the proper meaning of and b) he often uses words in a way that's pretty blatantly wrong. The color guy's main job is to explain aspects of the game for the fans watching who may not have a full understanding of the nuances of hockey strategy or play. But you can't do that easily if you're burying the audience in fancy, wrongly-crafted descriptions or taking over-describing the play to the point where it muddles the facts. NOTE: If you want to understand my use of the word "purple" above, go to tvtropes.org and search for "purple prose" I can't link it here without showing the spoiler text).

and if ClicheGuevara is here right now, no I won't be carrying this on for a bunch of posts like last time. One and done tonight. It's too much work otherwise. Unless Joe scores.
that's what she said

hawkytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:48 PM
  #347
do0glas
Registered User
 
do0glas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
i see this going to a shootout. but i also see us losing 4-0...so what do i know.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:49 PM
  #348
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,767
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
i see this going to a shootout. but i also see us losing 4-0...so what do i know.
You're a terrible Medium.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:49 PM
  #349
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Does that mean they'll score 1 and lose or comeback to tie?

Comeback to tie followed by an OT/SO loss.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:50 PM
  #350
do0glas
Registered User
 
do0glas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
You're a terrible Medium.
i only have one SNOG to my name

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.