HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If we want guest to register, some of us, needs to be nicer sometime !!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Price is the Future

vCash: 500
If we want guest to register, some of us, needs to be nicer sometime !!!

This message is not intented for the majority of the Users, It's for a small group that knows who they are !!!

I was once a guest wondering if i should become a user!!! Being a Montreal Canadian fan all my live, i decided to join this board after a similar thread was posted... My original intention were to meet true fans with similar interest and i wanted to participated as much as possible... Balancing my live around my job, my wife,my kids and my passion for the game... After just a few post on this board i was welcome by a registered member named "CrAzY_NiNe" with a reply to one of my post that was vicious in nature!!! He was furious about me mis-spelling a player's name.... (Sorry for English being my second language) Needless to say that i have not shared, to many ideas with you all since... If we want guest to register, we should start by being nicer to our guest and member... We can give constructive opinion about a subject, without firing bullets at fellows fans... No need of that at all !!!

Sorry CrAzY_NiNe but things need to change, we our perceived as a joke on other forums...because of people like you !!! I'm proud to be a Canadian fan but respect other team's fan club as well...

***Do I need to appologise for my poor english gramar and orthograph, If yes ...SORRY !!! ***

A True Montreal Canadian Fan, like the majority of you all !!!

Old
09-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Gainey RULZ

Send a message via MSN to Gainey RULZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Fan
This message is not intented for the majority of the Users, It's for a small group that knows who they are !!!

I was once a guest wondering if i should become a user!!! Being a Montreal Canadian fan all my live, i decided to join this board after a similar thread was posted... My original intention were to meet true fans with similar interest and i wanted to participated as much as possible... Balancing my live around my job, my wife,my kids and my passion for the game... After just a few post on this board i was welcome by a registered member named "CrAzY_NiNe" with a reply to one of my post that was vicious in nature!!! He was furious about me mis-spelling a player's name.... (Sorry for English being my second language) Needless to say that i have not shared, to many ideas with you all since... If we want guest to register, we should start by being nicer to our guest and member... We can give constructive opinion about a subject, without firing bullets at fellows fans... No need of that at all !!!

Sorry CrAzY_NiNe but things need to change, we our perceived as a joke on other forums...because of people like you !!! I'm proud to be a Canadian fan but respect other team's fan club as well...

***Do I need to appologise for my poor english gramar and orthograph, If yes ...SORRY !!! ***

Same problem for me (about language)... but almost all member were great when I register here

mais d'autre dit que je ne montre pas de respect aux personnes qui comprennent pas le francais quand je post un article en francais et que je ne peux pas le traduire... tk

BTW It's fun to be here with real habs fan !

Old
09-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Mike8

Howdy, welcome aboard! (I didn't catch you when you first joined up, so may as well welcome you now, eh? )

I would agree people should be nicer. But, this is the internet. People are anonymous and some are kids who get their jollies out of acting arrogant. You will see it in all walks of life as well. Some people post here daily, sometimes have bad days, and it shows in their postings. I know I've done the same on this board, and regret it the following day that I read this place.

In any case, I hope you decide to stay and share your views on things. It's great to see this board growing, as I love discussing hockey (as one could see from my post count!) -- even though much of my posting results in a lack of work getting done. :p

By the way, there is no need to apologize for your english. It's perfectly fine.

Old
09-24-2003, 03:30 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:

Habs fans aren`t considered a joke on other forums because were "jerks" or mean to new guys the reason were jokes or homers is because of a select group of fans who insist that traverse and brisebois is good return for Havlat

Are you sure crazy_nine got pissed at you for misspelling some guys name??? It wasn`t a trade proposal was it???

For the most part I found that the people on these boards were good at welcomeing new people. I guess there are some jerks

oh and welcome I guess I also missed you when you came in

Old
09-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Price is the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Habs fans aren`t considered a joke on other forums because were "jerks" or mean to new guys the reason were jokes or homers is because of a select group of fans who insist that traverse and brisebois is good return for Havlat

Are you sure crazy_nine got pissed at you for misspelling some guys name??? It wasn`t a trade proposal was it???

For the most part I found that the people on these boards were good at welcomeing new people. I guess there are some jerks

oh and welcome I guess I also missed you when you came in

It wasn't a trade proposal !!! and even if, it wouldn't justify it !!!

TY Mike 8 and others for your support !!! Like a i said before the majority are great !!!

Old
09-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Price is the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
One thing you should know if you dont wanna be criticized and attacked personally is dont attack Koivu and Komisarek and markov attack breezer and Traverse and say the Habs will make the playoffs- or else look out the knives will be out- removing the blades from by back :mad:

It's comments like this that makes you want to come back for more !!! THANKS for being a sport about it strummerman !!!

Old
09-24-2003, 04:25 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
It's comments like this that makes you want to come back for more !!! THANKS for being a sport about it strummerman !!!
Welcome aboard Habs-Fan, sometimes some of these guys forget to take their medication Seriously though, it's usually a good place to throw out your opinion and get some positive feedback.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Price is the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Welcome aboard Habs-Fan, sometimes some of these guys forget to take their medication Seriously though, it's usually a good place to throw out your opinion and get some positive feedback.

Thank You BLONG7

Old
09-24-2003, 04:47 PM
BigM1ke

Bienvenue sur le forum!! Je respecte totalement ce que tu as dit... mais comme Mike8 l'a dit, c'est sur qu'y va avoir des "caves" dans le coin mais on peut rien y faire!! Dis-toi qu'on n'est pas tous comme ca

Old
09-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:

No you should not apologize. Your English is fine. People should be nice and not pick on the people whose first language is not English. Sometimes people whose first language is English make grammar mistakes too.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Mike8

I just wanted to add that if you feel anyone's comments have been out of line, feel free to message a moderator. That's what they're there for and they do a fantastic job. I've messaged moderators in the past about obnoxious posters and they've dealt with it promptly each time.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
It wasn't a trade proposal !!! and even if, it wouldn't justify it !!!

TY Mike 8 and others for your support !!! Like a i said before the majority are great !!!
Apparently you didn`t understand my trade proposal comment. Habs fans have a rep on this board for lobsided trade proposals...That`s why I said are you sure you didn`t make a trade proposal??? I guess I shoulda added a

Suck it up son, if someone goes overboard there are moderators as someone else pointed out or you could PM them...get em to meet you in the parking lot after school

Old
09-24-2003, 06:06 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I just wanted to add that if you feel anyone's comments have been out of line, feel free to message a moderator. That's what they're there for and they do a fantastic job. I've messaged moderators in the past about obnoxious posters and they've dealt with it promptly each time.
Exactly...if you feel like you are being mistreated, or if someone is getting out of line, feel free to PM me or either one of Saku K. or J-D. We're all busy people with lives outside of HF...i know i've been real busy the last month or so with work and haven't had much time for HF. But i do check in on a daily basis and check PM's regularly. So if you or anyone else has a beef, feel free to drop me a line and i'll do my part to help make this board a better place for all of us.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:32 PM
nic29+

Welcome Habs_Fan. I agree with you somewhat but I also know that some people take things the wrong way.

For example my husband joined and whenever someone replied to him he was taking everything the wrong way. He thought they were being rude but b/c I have posted here for awhile I knew who joke around and who don't. I just had to kinda translate for him. I'm not saying this is how it was for you b/c I don't know. Just thought I would give an example.

BTW I commend you on your english. I only speak english and wish I knew french. And you type your english perfectly fine for me to understand. It's the french I don't. .. Oh well I just use a translater.

And I am hoping this is not the reason people are not joining. It's just like in real life they are rude people and very friendly people. If people are rude just put them on your ignore list.

Well there's my 2 cents.

Old
09-24-2003, 07:04 PM
mcphee

welcome Habs Fan, have fun and don't worry about your English. The day my French gets as good as your English, I'll be proud. Remember that people can argue and say things out of anger but we all seem ready to do it again. If you find something personally offensive, it says more about them than you. As long as we can agree about me being always right...

Old
09-25-2003, 07:19 AM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
If anyone asks, I put the blame on J-D.

Old
09-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Exactly...if you feel like you are being mistreated, or if someone is getting out of line, feel free to PM me or either one of Saku K. or J-D. We're all busy people with lives outside of HF...i know i've been real busy the last month or so with work and haven't had much time for HF. But i do check in on a daily basis and check PM's regularly. So if you or anyone else has a beef, feel free to drop me a line and i'll do my part to help make this board a better place for all of us.

I've been really busy lately, school, homework rush and I have two jobs but the posters can contact me as well if you have any problems. When I'll have more time to give to mod on HF, the personal attacks rule will have to be respected more than ever as we (the mods) have been fairly soft this summer.

Habs fan, your english is okay for me, my english isn't very good as well. If people nitpick you with your english, don't worry, maybe they had a bad day or simply want to understand you. If you feel a poster is being particularly rude, you can always pm me.

Old
09-27-2003, 04:26 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I am really sorry if you think that I attacked you, you must of misread what I just found it anoying cause it was like the 7th mistake of his name that day. I don't mean to piss you off, if you didn't notice later on in that thread I made a spelling error and someone pointed it out, and we laughed about it.

You are on a forum none the less, your opinions will be critized, I mean that is what you do, discuss, it's a discussion forum.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:

Je veux te dire que jai eu le meme probleme que toi avec l'anglais , c'est ma 2è langue a moi aussi . De toute façon il en a tjrs des ''smatt'' comme sa qui se pense meilleurs que la majorité des ''newbie'' mais faut pas les écouter . Bienvenu sur le board pis j'espère juste que ce petit incident t'empêchera pas d'exprimer ton opinion. La plupart des gens sur ce board sont très gentils et ont tous de bonnes opinions , jaimerais bien faire uune liste de ceux qui le sont mais sa serais vraiment trop long , LONG LIFE TO HABS FANS

Old
09-28-2003, 12:23 AM
CrAzYNiNe

I am a little drunk, but Zednik is spelled Zednik in english and in french. If we were german or russian they maybe ok. When you spell lets say dictionary like dicktionary, don't care, cause we **** happends, but seeing 7 people spell Zednick in one day was my breaking point

Old
09-28-2003, 01:32 AM
biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
I am a little drunk, but Zednik is spelled Zednik in english and in french. If we were german or russian they maybe ok. When you spell lets say dictionary like dicktionary, don't care, cause we **** happends, but seeing 7 people spell Zednick in one day was my breaking point
WOW if thats you breaking point you have serious problems, i think someone needs anger management

Old
09-28-2003, 07:32 AM
8b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Whatever how people spells the habs, or any word. If someone spell something that you can't understand just ask him what he means...

Old
09-28-2003, 08:33 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
There are a few people on the boars who get out of hand with bashing and things like that, but for the most part I find everyone is informative, curtious, and polite.

If I see someone saying something I disagree with or bashing, or whatever the case may be, I try my hardest to point out why i'm not seeing eye to eye with them in as polit a manner as I can. The way I see it, if you want people to be nice to you, you have to be nice to them.

Darz is a prime example of this. He's always polite to others and can joke around without taking things out of hand, and he's easily one of the most respected posters on this board.

As for spelling, I realize that most people are typing in their second language, which isn't an overly easy task. I have a lot of respect for people that can do that, and I think it's terrible that they are often shunned for seeming to have a small knowledge of hockey, when it's sometimes just not being able to express themselves as well as they want because they're typing in english.

I also rarely point out spelling errors, for two reasons:
1. I understand what it is they're trying to say
2. I probably mispell just as may things as they do.

The only times I point out a spelling mistake is if it's something that really get's to me. A prime example is when people use the word "Goaler" instead of "Goalie." Where I'm from, the Goaler's (Or maybe it was Gohler's) are a family who have sex with each other, and therefore each time I hear someone say goaler, it makes me think of incest.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:40 AM
CrAzYNiNe

If you can find that post, i didn'[t bash him or insult his lifestyle or values, just simply said be careful in the future. Is that so wrong How could you of been so pissed about it?

Old
09-29-2003, 02:39 PM
CrAzYNiNe

don't let this die it's about me, plus Habs_Fan has to reply, where did he go?

Closed Thread