HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#42 Blue Jackets@Wild 4/13 8 p.m. EDT

Old
04-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Resident Lune
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Resident Lune Send a message via MSN to Resident Lune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
What you can't see there are his thumbs and first fingers connected in a circle despite being in his gloves.

Bob-Rafiki

Bobr-OM-sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
Yoinking this for a new avatar, if you don't mind.
Hey, go for it. FSOhio's feed, so I got no claim on it.

Army of the Ohio - A CBJ Blog
Resident Lune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
You think it hurt, I think it helped... our young players had more time to play real hockey in the minors instead of running the pylons...
I think you can argue it both ways. Calvert, and especially Atkinson were probably already good to go. Plus, you could argue that if we had Atkinson for the entire first half of the season, then we would have had him before his ankle sprain, and he might have produced more and gotten us more wins early.

It's all speculation, but I tend to agree that we would've been better off with a training camp.

Friedrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

https://twitter.com/jrimercbj/status/323278533415825408

Quote:
Jeff Rimer‏@jrimercbj
#CBJ coach Richards says Anisimov will be out of the Jackets lineup indefinitely after taking a shot to the head
https://twitter.com/hockeywildernes/...80131638562816

Quote:
Hockey Wilderness‏@hockeywildernes
Yeo on the Coyle hit: It was great hit and the Wild should have been on the PP due to the instigator penalty on Columbus

Old
04-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
#CBJ coach Richards says Anisimov will be out of the Jackets lineup indefinitely after taking a shot to the head
http://twitter.com/jrimercbj/status/323278533415825408

edit: Lasse... derp.

Friedrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:53 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Since we're speculating...

My teenager asked during the game, "Do you think Mason could have made those saves?"
Me: You mean STEVE Mason?
Teen: Yeah
Me: HELL no!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:55 PM
JacketsWatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
Dallas already did as of right now. But Dallas' schedule is absolutely brutal. Play Chicago, Blues, LA, Vancover, and Sharks in their next five, many of them are away games.
And their last two games are against Columbus and Detroit. The Detroit at Dallas game on the final night will ensure at least one of those two will get two points. The Jackets will need to have at least a one point lead on those two teams going into the final game of the season. Of course, this can all change in the next two weeks, but as of now, it's setting up to be mighty interesting.

JacketsWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:06 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

I think its a concussion

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
I think you can argue it both ways. Calvert, and especially Atkinson were probably already good to go. Plus, you could argue that if we had Atkinson for the entire first half of the season, then we would have had him before his ankle sprain, and he might have produced more and gotten us more wins early.

It's all speculation, but I tend to agree that we would've been better off with a training camp.
Since I've never experienced either I can only speculate as you, what I can say is that I've seen the results of 11 or 12 CBJ teams that have had all types of players in training camp and perhaps one as good as this.... does training camp help? I would think so but it's not something that can be verified as impacting this season one way or another.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:17 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Wow so the Jackets are only 2 points out of a playoff spot after winning the last 15 of 22 games, not a single mention on NHL's homepage, anywhere, what so ever. Bobrovsky(2.01GAA, .932sv% 32gp) battling Tukka(1.99GAA .928sv% 30 gp) and Lundquist(2.06GAA .928sv% 36gp) for Vezina, no mention what so ever. But we get a mention on TSN, so

BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Wow so the Jackets are only 2 points out of a playoff spot after winning the last 15 of 22 games, not a single mention on NHL's homepage, anywhere, what so ever. Bobrovsky(2.01GAA, .932sv% 32gp) battling Tukka(1.99GAA .928sv% 30 gp) and Lundquist(2.06GAA .928sv% 36gp) for Vezina, no mention what so ever. But we get a mention on TSN, so
Strictly speaking without GIH or TB'ers the CBJ have has many points as Detroit and Dallas... 8th, 9th and 10th seeds have 45 points.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...d=nav-stn-conf

Old
04-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
I think its a concussion
I hate to be Debbi Downer and I didn't get to see much of tonight's game but I'm beginning to have concussion concerns about Anisimov.

Even though the word concussion wasn't used when he got carted off earlier this year, I don't see how it wasn't a head injury that knocked him out. Then he gets some sort of head injury tonight.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
We were on the front page of NHL.com after the Sharks win.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:28 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We were on the front page of NHL.com after the Sharks win.
Not on mine, idk. Not a big deal just a observation. haha liked this quote on the article on TSN.

Quote:
How does a team counter Zach Parise and Mikko Koivu in the shootout with Mark Letestu and Cam Atkinson ... and win? I'll tell ya how... BOBROVSKY!!

edit: no wait, there it is. On the side.

BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
And for once, it isn't in response to "What team do you think will end up in Quebec?"

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
And for once, it isn't in response to "What team do you think will end up in Quebec?"
Not even Halifax???

Old
04-14-2013, 12:12 AM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 15m

Richards said it's too early to tell if #CBJ C Artem Anisimov is concussed. But went through protocols and will be out for while.

Clean hit

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 15m

Richards said it's too early to tell if #CBJ C Artem Anisimov is concussed. But went through protocols and will be out for while.

Clean hit
I think the league may look at that clean hit.... In a way, to the CBJ, Anisimov is a star.. I would love to see the league reaction to a similar hit on Crosby or Mel-kin....

Old
04-14-2013, 12:41 AM
ca5150

The post game crew said it was officially "day-to-day", not sure who said what first, but they said it was on word from the Blue Jackets, I hope they are right, we can't afford to lose him again...

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:06 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
IMO, some need to be enjoying this more. Savor this, it is special. Don't worry about signs of respect or disrespect. Don't worry about what happens in other games. Just....enjoy this for what it is.

And above all, just win, baby.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Jorge
Actor,Comedian,Drunk

Quote:
I think the league may look at that clean hit.... In a way, to the CBJ, Anisimov is a star.. I would love to see the league reaction to a similar hit on Crosby or Mel-kin....
Star or not, it was a bush league hit and bush league officiating. The NHL is the most poorly run league in North America. The War Room, the discipline, labor--it's the 4th most popular sport for a reason. These clowns are ruining the Best. Game. Ever.

Wiz got 8 games for reacting to that bush league goon Clutter****'s charge at the buzzer during the 11-12 preseason. What's Coyle going to get for tonight's David Beckes style goonery? Two?

Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:11 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Other teams have goalies that steal games when they aren't playing well. Why not us?
There, there it is! The magic words I thought I would never hear about the Jackets. Bob!

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:39 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Three down, six to go.

Do it boys!

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
I watched a video of it and there is an angle that to me looks like he was lining him up for a hit with his shoulder. Anisimov did have his head down and Coyle had plenty of time to recognize that. Its not like Arty put his head down at the last second or anything. The head was also the first and possibly only point of contact on the hit.

If he wasn't targeting his head, it was still a bad choice. Considering Coyle had a warning already this season for a hit to the head, I bet he will get suspended this time but whatever. We don't pay the Wild anymore and the loss of Arty out of the CBJ lineup is a far bigger hit than the Wild losing that guy.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:15 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
No punishment for Coyle, per Russo

Quote:
@Russostrib
Charlie Coyle faces no discipline. #NHL Dept of Player Safety determined that there was no targeting of Ansimov's head. #mnwild #cbj

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:35 AM
MFRONE

He didn't target the head yet Arty was hit in the head and suffered a concussion. The league really has it out for the Jackets.

Wiz does that he gets a month long suspension.

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote