HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#42 Blue [email protected] 4/13 8 p.m. EDT

Old
04-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
He didn't target the head yet Arty was hit in the head and suffered a concussion. The league really has it out for the Jackets.

Wiz does that he gets a month long suspension.
True that.

Plus, the league completely looks disingenuous in it's claim to want to eliminate head shots. Whether intentional or not, the only way to stop them is to punish all of these hits. If you want to eliminate them it must be ingrained in the players heads to make them purposely avoid doing it.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:26 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
He didn't target the head yet Arty was hit in the head and suffered a concussion. The league really has it out for the Jackets.

Wiz does that he gets a month long suspension.
The difference I see is that Wiz made it obvious enough that he was targeting the head (he jumped his shoulder into the jaw), whereas Coyle is tall enough all he has to do is go in hard into a hit and he might get the head, and it's not easy to tell what he was trying to do.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

The league has a funny way of maintaining its Anti-Wild bias I heard so much about last night. Must just be the refs.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:57 PM
blahblah

Not even going to try and figure out what is a penalty anymore. Just going to ignore it. All I know is I saw a shoulder to the head as he was leveled. We have a player out for what will probably be the rest of this regular season, but it must have been justifiable homicide.

We seem to be drawing a fine line with the who principle point of contact thing. What I saw was head hunting, what others saw a good hit. Each there own I guess.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Quo

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:30 PM
GhostofBoomer

Quote:
Charlie Coyle faces no discipline. #NHL Dept of Player Safety determined that there was no targeting of Ansimov's head. #mnwild #cbj
That's an interesting decision to say the least. Anisimov put himself in somewhat of a vulnerable position, but there were ways for Coyle to play the puck without directly contacting Arty's head. It was a stupid play and an even dumber conclusion from Shanny's office.

GhostofBoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:55 PM
ViD
#CBJNeedHugs

any update on Arty?

EDIT: already see it...****

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I didn't see deliberate headhunting, but I did see a reckless and dangerous play of the type that the NHL is ostensibly trying to get rid of. I figured getting tossed was a tad extreme but it equated to karmic justice so I didn't mind at all.

So, yeah, the decision makes some sense to me. Not what I want, but what I think of as fair and what I want anyways don't always match.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:58 PM
foobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteJacket View Post
Don't mean to be a wet blanket but with exception of BOB, I thought we were pretty terrible all night. The Wild had their way in our zone and we couldn't stop them. On offense, the two times we managed to shoot from inside we scored, but the rest of the time it seemed the Wild pushed us to the outside. I hope it's just a situation with Minnesota that we don't match up well and play like we did against SJ and St.L.
This.
The whole team absolutely struggled in the neutral zone - haven't seen so many inaccurate passes in a while.
If it wasn't for Bobrovsky, the outcome would be similar to the last game you played with Minnesota.
Hope you get better - this last game was really bad, but lucky for you, the "better" team did not win this time

foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:09 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I didn't see deliberate headhunting, but I did see a reckless and dangerous play of the type that the NHL is ostensibly trying to get rid of.
Don't know, went straight for the head. You can try and draw distinction if you like, but I don't see much difference in all the adjectives you used other than intent. Do I think he intended to finish he check no matter what position the opposing player was? Sure seemed that way to me.

At any rate, it's not worth talking about anymore. Results aren't going to change and I'm never going to get an answer that I agree with, nor will I never understand the league's decision making processes. I'm already bored with this whole affair.

We are without our impact player and some noob player that hardly anyone knows much about that is already building a reputation for recklessness is out there skating today. Seems about right to me. I think the league does a great job of keeping the world guessing.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Matt Foley
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
This.
The whole team absolutely struggled in the neutral zone - haven't seen so many inaccurate passes in a while.
If it wasn't for Bobrovsky, the outcome would be similar to the last game you played with Minnesota.
Hope you get better - this last game was really bad, but lucky for you, the "better" team did not win this time
I'm not too worried about their performance last night. It was the 2nd night of a back to back and the Wild were relatively rested going into the game. The Jackets looked a bit gassed in the third. Hopefully they get rested today and come out firing tomorrow night.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:45 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
I'm not too worried about their performance last night. It was the 2nd night of a back to back and the Wild were relatively rested going into the game. The Jackets looked a bit gassed in the third. Hopefully they get rested today and come out firing tomorrow night.
Unfortunately after Colorado we have one day off and then another back to back, in LA and Anaheim. That's 5 games in 7 nights. Fortunately the team won't have to fly over night as it did into Minnesota.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Don't know, went straight for the head. You can try and draw distinction if you like, but I don't see much difference in all the adjectives you used other than intent. Do I think he intended to finish he check no matter what position the opposing player was? Sure seemed that way to me.
That's pretty much what I meant when I referred to it as being reckless and dangerous. Wasn't out to target the head, but he didn't exactly pull up when it was clear the head was going to end up being the target.

And I draw a distinction only because I care about that sort of thing when it comes to punishment; it shows in what fashion the player has to be educated so that crap doesn't happen again. If it's just "I can just go finish my check, there won't be problems", then it's just naivete of the young and can be easily fixed. If it's "I can take him out hard 'cause he's in a vulnerable spot," **** him and everything he stands for.

Either way I am none too pleased with the present result. But the distinction is important to me w/r/t the future.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:43 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That's pretty much what I meant when I referred to it as being reckless and dangerous.
I suppose he can claim it was a happy accident. If he didn't intend a head shot, he would have attempted to avoid the target. Razor thin distinction you have going on there. I got on Dorse and Boll when they were crossing the line, this guy needs to be held accountable. You are told that you are responsible for your stick, it is about time you are told you are responsible for your shoulder.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:54 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Certainly hold Coyle accountable, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I suppose he can claim it was a happy accident. If he didn't intend a head shot, he would have attempted to avoid the target. Razor thin distinction you have going on there. I got on Dorse and Boll when they were crossing the line, this guy needs to be held accountable. You are told that you are responsible for your stick, it is about time you are told you are responsible for your shoulder.
Even with Bob playing out of his mind I can't help but thinking having Artie out indefinitely due to a concussion makes it extremely hard for us to keep pace. This point alone makes me sick..

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:24 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Funny how something happens and we think "well THIS has to be the time our run ends," yet it never does. This club has some serious perseverance.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:26 PM
jacketman10

Outstanding performance by Bob last night. I can only imagine the score if Mason were in goal.

jacketman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:38 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Do we call up Boone Jenner now? Seems like we've boxed ourselves in by saying he needs to earn his way to the big club. How in the world are we going to find more offense?

Old
04-14-2013, 08:47 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Do we call up Boone Jenner now?
Noooooooooooooooooooo no no no.

A full year of him on his ELC is far more important than forcing him into our lineups as a 4th liner in our improbable playoff push.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Steeltown Jacket
FanFromPensTerritory

Unless I've missed it, any word on Anisimov besides being out indefinitely?

Steeltown Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:50 PM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post

A full year of him on his ELC is far more important than forcing him into our lineups as a 4th liner in our improbable playoff push.
He can play 5 regular season games without it counting toward his ELC

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:51 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post

He gets 5 games without burning a year of his contract. That said, I'm just provoking discussion. Not actually advocating his call-up.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:54 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
He can but who's to say he's ready, particularly with the pressure cooker this season turned out to be. Better for him to play in Sprinfield and get AHL playoff experience. He'l be better for it next year and someone we can hope for.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
He gets 5 games without burning a year of his contract. That said, I'm just provoking discussion. Not actually advocating his call-up.
I knew that, I think I said at one time I'd like to see him up with the big club before the season ended but I was more interested in seeing him play than hoping he would impact our playoff attempt..

I'd keep him down; we will get to see him next season.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:06 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Still, I'd rather he play those games getting acclimated to the pro level at Springfield than being rushed to Columbus.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote