HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings XIV - UFA talk now

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
  #976
Dwight K Schrute
Registered User
 
Dwight K Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Stephen Weiss ($5.100m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($3.000m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Leo Komarov ($1.003m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.550m) / David Clarkson ($5.001m)
Frazer McLaren ($0.696m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Matt Frattin ($0.925m)
David Broll ($0.607m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Cody Franson ($2.700m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($2.250m)
Morgan Rielly ($1.775m) / Andrew Ference ($2.250m)
Mark Fraser ($0.760m)
GOALTENDERS
James Reimer ($1.800m)
Ben Scrivens ($0.613m)
OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
Buried: Mike Komisarek ($3.575m)
Buyout: Mikhail Grabovski ($0.000m)
Buyout: John-Michael Liles ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,420,500; BONUSES: $1,150,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $29,500

Dwight K Schrute is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
  #977
Anth93
Registered User
 
Anth93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Stephen Weiss ($5.100m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($3.000m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Leo Komarov ($1.003m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.550m) / David Clarkson ($5.001m)
Frazer McLaren ($0.696m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Matt Frattin ($0.925m)
David Broll ($0.607m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Cody Franson ($2.700m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($2.250m)
Morgan Rielly ($1.775m) / Andrew Ference ($2.250m)
Mark Fraser ($0.760m)
GOALTENDERS
James Reimer ($1.800m)
Ben Scrivens ($0.613m)
OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
Buried: Mike Komisarek ($3.575m)
Buyout: Mikhail Grabovski ($0.000m)
Buyout: John-Michael Liles ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,420,500; BONUSES: $1,150,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $29,500
I give up trying to understand some people.

Anth93 is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:31 PM
  #978
Dwight K Schrute
Registered User
 
Dwight K Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
I give up trying to understand some people.
What are your alternatives big shot? Do you propose we just let Gunnarsson, an RFA who is a valuable asset walk?

Dwight K Schrute is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:31 PM
  #979
notdoneyet
Registered User
 
notdoneyet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Saint John,N.B.
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Stephen Weiss ($5.100m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($3.000m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Leo Komarov ($1.003m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.550m) / David Clarkson ($5.001m)
Frazer McLaren ($0.696m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Matt Frattin ($0.925m)
David Broll ($0.607m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Cody Franson ($2.700m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($2.250m)
Morgan Rielly ($1.775m) / Andrew Ference ($2.250m)
Mark Fraser ($0.760m)
GOALTENDERS
James Reimer ($1.800m)
Ben Scrivens ($0.613m)
OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
Buried: Mike Komisarek ($3.575m) Buyout: Mikhail Grabovski ($0.000m)
Buyout: John-Michael Liles ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,420,500; BONUSES: $1,150,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $29,500
4.5 million for a third line center
ouch!
Komi will be bought out

notdoneyet is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
  #980
Eyedea
Breakout Player
 
Eyedea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Greece
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 350
So, Tuukka Rask offer sheet?

Maybe not to acquire him, but to force Chiarelli's hand?

Eyedea is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
  #981
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 16,820
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind getting Clarkson but not at 5 mil. He was pretty brutal to end the season. Something like 9 pts in last 35 games (actually that's most of the season lol).

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:39 PM
  #982
Smif
Registered User
 
Smif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
What are your alternatives big shot? Do you propose we just let Gunnarsson, an RFA who is a valuable asset walk?
Your salaries are too high for Bozak and Clarkson. Gunnar is probably too low.

Smif is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
  #983
Dwight K Schrute
Registered User
 
Dwight K Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
Your salaries are too high for Bozak and Clarkson. Gunnar is probably too low.
Gunnar is not too low at all. What did this guy prove? Nothing. He is not getting more than 2.5.

Dwight K Schrute is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
  #984
Dwight K Schrute
Registered User
 
Dwight K Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdoneyet View Post
4.5 million for a third line center
ouch!
Komi will be bought out
Why the hell would you use a compliance buyout on a guy with one year? You use that on grabo and liles all day.

If 4.5 is too much for a third line centre then grabo better be gone because he's making 5.5.

Dwight K Schrute is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 02:09 PM
  #985
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
Why the hell would you use a compliance buyout on a guy with one year? You use that on grabo and liles all day.

If 4.5 is too much for a third line centre then grabo better be gone because he's making 5.5.
I agree. Komi is a waste of a compliance buyout.

Even Liles/Grabo. There could very well be teams willing to give us a mid round pick for these guys. Obviously explore that option first before considering a buyout. We might not need to use any compliance buyouts this offseason if both Grabo/Liles are traded (for a limited return) and we just dont bother using a compliance buyout on Komi.

416Leafer is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 02:40 PM
  #986
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I agree. Komi is a waste of a compliance buyout.

Even Liles/Grabo. There could very well be teams willing to give us a mid round pick for these guys. Obviously explore that option first before considering a buyout. We might not need to use any compliance buyouts this offseason if both Grabo/Liles are traded (for a limited return) and we just dont bother using a compliance buyout on Komi.
Komi will count against the cap. There is no hiding bad contracts in the minors next year with the new CBA.

No team will take Komi in a trade unless we eat a lot of his contract (i.e. like Lombardi) or unless we expect a contract as bad or worse (like say David Jones).

The 2 buyouts can only be used either this off-season or next. I've got no problem using one of Komisarek.

Grabo and Liles won't be bought out. Both just signed last off-season and had sub-par years. Sometimes players simply underperform. Both of these players could still be traded.

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 02:45 PM
  #987
Dwight K Schrute
Registered User
 
Dwight K Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Komi will count against the cap. There is no hiding bad contracts in the minors next year with the new CBA.

No team will take Komi in a trade unless we eat a lot of his contract (i.e. like Lombardi) or unless we expect a contract as bad or worse (like say David Jones).

The 2 buyouts can only be used either this off-season or next. I've got no problem using one of Komisarek.

Grabo and Liles won't be bought out. Both just signed last off-season and had sub-par years. Sometimes players simply underperform. Both of these players could still be traded.
So you would waste a compliance on a bad contract that we have to eat for 1 year as opposed to 4?

Dwight K Schrute is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 02:53 PM
  #988
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
So you would waste a compliance on a bad contract that we have to eat for 1 year as opposed to 4?
Liles get paid what a UFA # 4/5 dman goes for. He can be traded. Just don't expect a big return.

Grabovski was a fan favourite then he signs a big contract and everyone suddenly wants him bought out? Trying telling ownership a year after that deal the team needs to fork out big money to make him go away so that we can overpay for some UFA center like Bozak whose probably going to be just as overpaid. Grabo will bounce back and if not he can still be traded to a team that will have to overpay any UFA to go to their team cause they don't offer a chance to win like Calgary/Buffalo (like Toronto had to a few years ago when we sucked with Komi/Armstrong/Blake).

Let quit throwing every player under the bus to quickly.

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 02:54 PM
  #989
Cor
I'm Not Drunk
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Not Hurt's Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
So you would waste a compliance on a bad contract that we have to eat for 1 year as opposed to 4?
Liles can be traded, I'd say so can Grabo, despite the bad season.

Komi is the only player we will be buying out.

Cor is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:11 PM
  #990
TheMadHatTrick
Registered User
 
TheMadHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdoneyet View Post
lupul - weiss - Kessel
jvrl - Kadri - clarkson
macarthur-ott- Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Orr
Colborne, McLaren

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Regher - Franson
Liles- Obyrne
Fraser

Reimer
Emery
The additon of clarkson and Ott make us harder to play against

The addition of Weiss and Ott help our faceoffs and PK.
The addition of Regher helps franson offensively

Trade bait Gunnarsson,Grabovski,Kulemin

Emery in a backup is just fine(bonus he can fight too for the line brawls lol)
I like the idea of adding Regher, but I'm pretty sure I read something back in his Calgary days that him and Phaneuf don't get along?

TheMadHatTrick is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:31 PM
  #991
pspot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 500
Does NHL do 3way deals?

was thinking

to Fla: Luongo, Burrows, Van 1st
to Van: Kulemin, Gunnar, Scrivens
to Tor: Bieksa, Clemmenson

frees up around 7.5 in cap space for Van (which is huge for next year) move out Burrows and bring in Kulemin, get a decent cheap back up and a good dman in Gunnar (thinking he resigns around 2.5 to 3 per year)

Fla get a starting goalie, a marketable player in Burrows and an extra 1st

Leafs get a top pair dman (right handed too) and vet back up

close?


Last edited by pspot: 05-14-2013 at 03:37 PM.
pspot is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:31 PM
  #992
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 16,820
vCash: 500
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Colborne-Horton
Kulemin-Bozak-Frattin
Komarov-B. Gordon-Mcclemment

Phaneuf-Streit
Gards-Franson
Gunnar-Scuderi/D. Murray

Reimer
Emery/Theodore

Not sure if Colborne could handle that role, but free agent pool is pretty shallow and it's hard to say what centers will be available for trade

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:04 PM
  #993
BeLeaf1331
Leaf Syndrome
 
BeLeaf1331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Colborne-Horton
Kulemin-Bozak-Frattin
Komarov-B. Gordon-Mcclemment

Phaneuf-Streit
Gards-Franson
Gunnar-Scuderi/D. Murray

Reimer
Emery/Theodore

Not sure if Colborne could handle that role, but free agent pool is pretty shallow and it's hard to say what centers will be available for trade
Not a big deal, if not, then you swap him with Bozak. He's showed in the two games here he can handle playing at least 3rd line. No reason another full offseason, being healthy, and full training camp he couldn't handle it.

BeLeaf1331 is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
  #994
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,867
vCash: 166
Before people make line-ups and trades, you're not playing Rielly unless its top 2 pairing and you're not playing Frattin unless its top 9...

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
  #995
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,433
vCash: 500
Not a Toronto fan first... but got a soft spot for the team and love 'trade' proposals.. so if you don't mind ill toss a couple out for consideration.

think... goaltender needs to be picked up. probably most of you disagree but here goes.

Luongo
and Ballard
for
Graborski
Komaserek
and Reimer

sorry for spelling. This deal addresses Toronto's need for a number 1 goalie capable of being a number 1 goalie The cap hit is accounted for by moving a third line center away. Vancouver needs a third line center and is better off paying graborski than they are louongo. Both Ballard/Komasarek were decent dmen before they had their confidence destroyed by their current teams. a change of scenery wont cost either team much money/caproom but might revive these guy's careers

second deal once goaltending is solved is clear out phaneuf's cap hit.

Phaneuf {Toronto retains 1/2 the cap hit}
and one of the kid forwards that theres no room for {briggs maybe or ashton?}
to Boston
for
Johnny Boychuck
and Boston first or second {depends on the Jagr deal}

basically this deal doent save much cap room this year but cutting ties with phaneuf clears the deck in years to come. Boychuck is an honest foot soldier that can be part of the team for the next decade still if they choose to resign him. Gardiner is the future puckmover for TO on the backline and Franson will be the second guy on the PP. Phaneuf is now in the way of development. In Boston, he knows hes a second pairing guy like he was in Calgary. Phaneuf isn't superstar... he doesn't have what it takes to be the goto guy... but as a second pairing guy I think he might be special. He needs a fresh start in a place like boston behind a guy like chara.

Once these 2 deals are done... id take a run at ufa like david Clarkson... maybe robyn regher too.

bringing in more legitimate toughness that can play like Clarkson/regher/boychuck to support guys that already are on board would go a hell of a long way towards making Toronto legitimate

guys like kessel/lupal/kadri/jvr will provide enough offense if they get team tough support from the new comers and dependable number 1 goaltending.

id probably compliance buyout liles and maybe ballard if he doesn't immediately show signs of improvement.

cap is a tricky thing to manage... but I think theres enough room to make these deals work.

boston's cap is screwed... they cant take phaneuf unless they get rid of boychuck to make enough room. boychuck is actually a very decent player but hes a rh shot and I want Seidenberg on the right side with Hamilton and mcquaid. boston needs a lh shot to play left side with chara and either redden or one of the kids

so... I like phaneuf... provided hes never again asked to be a 25 min late game shut down guy

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:26 PM
  #996
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,867
vCash: 166
We're not trading our captain to the team that just beat us and is in our division.



Matter of fact, we're not trading our captain at all.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
  #997
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,241
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
Not a Toronto fan first... but got a soft spot for the team and love 'trade' proposals.. so if you don't mind ill toss a couple out for consideration.

think... goaltender needs to be picked up. probably most of you disagree but here goes.

Luongo
and Ballard
for
Graborski
Komaserek
and Reimer

sorry for spelling. This deal addresses Toronto's need for a number 1 goalie capable of being a number 1 goalie The cap hit is accounted for by moving a third line center away. Vancouver needs a third line center and is better off paying graborski than they are louongo. Both Ballard/Komasarek were decent dmen before they had their confidence destroyed by their current teams. a change of scenery wont cost either team much money/caproom but might revive these guy's careers

second deal once goaltending is solved is clear out phaneuf's cap hit.

Phaneuf {Toronto retains 1/2 the cap hit}
and one of the kid forwards that theres no room for {briggs maybe or ashton?}
to Boston
for
Johnny Boychuck
and Boston first or second {depends on the Jagr deal}

basically this deal doent save much cap room this year but cutting ties with phaneuf clears the deck in years to come. Boychuck is an honest foot soldier that can be part of the team for the next decade still if they choose to resign him. Gardiner is the future puckmover for TO on the backline and Franson will be the second guy on the PP. Phaneuf is now in the way of development. In Boston, he knows hes a second pairing guy like he was in Calgary. Phaneuf isn't superstar... he doesn't have what it takes to be the goto guy... but as a second pairing guy I think he might be special. He needs a fresh start in a place like boston behind a guy like chara.

Once these 2 deals are done... id take a run at ufa like david Clarkson... maybe robyn regher too.

bringing in more legitimate toughness that can play like Clarkson/regher/boychuck to support guys that already are on board would go a hell of a long way towards making Toronto legitimate

guys like kessel/lupal/kadri/jvr will provide enough offense if they get team tough support from the new comers and dependable number 1 goaltending.

id probably compliance buyout liles and maybe ballard if he doesn't immediately show signs of improvement.

cap is a tricky thing to manage... but I think theres enough room to make these deals work.

boston's cap is screwed... they cant take phaneuf unless they get rid of boychuck to make enough room. boychuck is actually a very decent player but hes a rh shot and I want Seidenberg on the right side with Hamilton and mcquaid. boston needs a lh shot to play left side with chara and either redden or one of the kids

so... I like phaneuf... provided hes never again asked to be a 25 min late game shut down guy


No.

Pinto is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:32 PM
  #998
Cor
I'm Not Drunk
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Not Hurt's Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,183
vCash: 50
Dion Phaneuf for Johnny Boychuk and a 2nd..... (sigh)

Cor is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:34 PM
  #999
officialmark7*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
What do you guys think of trading Phaneuf for either an upgrade on D (Preferably using picks), or for another elite winger?

If we trade Phaneuf for a D-Man then do it this offseason, but if we trade him for a forward wait a year to let Rielly develop, and become NHL ready.

officialmark7* is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:41 PM
  #1000
Kbs
Registered User
 
Kbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark7 View Post
What do you guys think of trading Phaneuf for either an upgrade on D (Preferably using picks), or for another elite winger?

If we trade Phaneuf for a D-Man then do it this offseason, but if we trade him for a forward wait a year to let Rielly develop, and become NHL ready.
Yes, let's trade from a position of weakness for one of our only strengths which is on the wings.

Kbs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.