HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings XIV - UFA talk now

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 11:45 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
A million across multiple years as Bozak will want term.

A million in extra cap space is nothing to sneeze at.
Yes, i understand Bozak will want more than a 1 yr deal.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I really hope Ranger signs on with the big club, O'Bryne returns and we sign a vet like Scuderi, Ference, Murray, Leopold, Rozsival to a very short term deal.

Doing this would give us incredible depth on D that would allow us to make trades from a position of strength to either stock up on picks by trading a guy or two or be able to throw in 1 or 2 of Gardiner/Gunnarson/Frason a package for that much needed top line center.
I am hoping and counting on Ranger as well.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:48 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
He is not even Stajan sorry to burst your bubble, I would trade Bozie for Stajan back 1 for 1 if I could but would rather Cammy
oh lord. Sorry, but Bozak is much better than Matt Stajan.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
oh lord. Sorry, but Bozak is much better than Matt Stajan.
Stajan even without Kessel had better numbers here then Bozak has even with PPG Lups and Kessel lol I needed a good laugh Ty

Old
04-17-2013, 11:52 AM
pspot

Quote:
Oh like it would be so bad letting Bozak test the market, 3.5 is fair. He isn't a game changer, worst case scenario

JVR Kadri Kessel (Grabo)
Lupul Grabo Kule (Kadri)
Frat Mc Mac (Kom)
Kom Col Orr (Mc2)

That ain't hurting even if we lost Mac and Bozie
He may be able to get 4+ on the open market...especially with cap floor teams but would that be enough not to resign with the Leafs?

If he ended up going to Colorado you'd have to think they'd then move Stastny ...maybe try and get Elliot (right handed dman, young but I like his potential) in a deal too

not sure what Stastny's value is but with that contract maybe Kulemin, Gunnar, Blacker, Scrivens, and 2nd for Stastny, JSG, and Elliott

JVR/Stastny/Kessel
Lupul/Kadri/Clarkson
Mac/Grabo/Frattin
Komarov/Mc/Orr

Phanuef/Franson
Gardiner/Elliot
Liles/O'Bryne

Reimer
JSG

Old
04-17-2013, 11:52 AM
SteveV*

See you round Tyler! I will say this, with cap going down, suitors for Bozak might not be as plentiful as some assume. I think people know he's not top flight material, lets see. Grabo and Kadri, then find a true number three or McClement. I like Bozak but he's an average center, anything north of 3 mil is an overpayment. Like the boys on TSN said, don't fall in love with mediocrity.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:54 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Stajan even without Kessel had better numbers here then Bozak has even with PPG Lups and Kessel lol I needed a good laugh Ty
lol. Okay. Stajan>>Bozak because he has a 55pt season.

Bozak brings much more to any team than Stajan does. To think otherwise is an absolute joke.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:56 AM
thewave

Quote:
lol. Okay. Stajan>>Bozak because he has a 55pt season.

Bozak brings much more to any team than Stajan does. To think otherwise is an absolute joke.
Can you be more specific and cite stats also take into account when Stajan plays what 3rd line or is it second now? He has 23 PTs in 39gp and Bozie 26 with PPG guys in 41

Old
04-17-2013, 11:57 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
See you round Tyler! I will say this, with cap going down, suitors for Bozak might not be as plentiful as some assume. I think people know he's not top flight material, lets see. Grabo and Kadri, then find a true number three or McClement. I like Bozak but he's an average center, anything north of 3 mil is an overpayment. Like the boys on TSN said, don't fall in love with mediocrity.
How is Bozak anymore of an example of mediocrity than Grabo? If anything more than 3M on Bozak is an overpayment what do you consider Grabo at 5.5M?

This team is in much better shape going forward if we can get Bozak in the 4M range and run Bozak/Kadri/McClem than Grabo/Kadri/McClem

Old
04-17-2013, 11:58 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Can you be more specific and cite stats also take into account when Stajan plays what 3rd line or is it second now? He has 23 PTs in 39gp and Bozie 26 with PPG guys in 41
I didn't realize Stajans PPG was higher; you're right. Its conclusive; he's a much better player.

EDIT UPDATE:
- Bozak has taken more ES, PP and PK faceoffs than all other leaf skaters.
- He's second in the league in FOT @ 985 (behind Giroux).
- Of the 10 centres in the NHL with the most faceoffs taken, FO% Leaders are as follows: Toews (60.4%), Giroux (54.2%), M.Koivu (53.6%), Bozak (53.1%).
-He's won more SH FO's than any centre in the league.
-5th in ES FOW. Of the 4 players ahead of him in this category, only Toews and Duchesne have lost few ES.

He's clearly an asset to this team and has a niche which has been used nicely with the new style of game RC has employed.

Last edited by jmart21: 04-17-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old
04-17-2013, 12:00 PM
thewave

Quote:
I didn't realize Stajans PPG was higher; you're right. Its conclusive; he's a much better player.
He plays on a lower line with less talent, he has had multiple 50 point paces compared to Bozaks one?

Old
04-17-2013, 12:01 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
How is Bozak anymore of an example of mediocrity than Grabo? If anything more than 3M on Bozak is an overpayment what do you consider Grabo at 5.5M?

This team is in much better shape going forward if we can get Bozak in the 4M range and run Bozak/Kadri/McClem than Grabo/Kadri/McClem
No it isn't.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
and thats something leaf fans have had to deal with for so long, good players is what we need, not faceoff pluggers who cant move the puck, only pass to his RW.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
He may be able to get 4+ on the open market...especially with cap floor teams but would that be enough not to resign with the Leafs?

If he ended up going to Colorado you'd have to think they'd then move Stastny ...maybe try and get Elliot (right handed dman, young but I like his potential) in a deal too

not sure what Stastny's value is but with that contract maybe Mac, Gunnar, Blacker, Scrivens, and 2nd for Stastny, JSG, and Elliot

JVR/Stastny/Kessel
Lupul/Kadri/Clarkson
Kulemin/Grabo/Frattin
McLaren/Mc/Orr

Phanuef/Franson
Gardiner/Elliot
Liles/O'Bryne

Reimer
JSG
The problem is, can Stastny be any better that Bozak and what will he want to re-sign here, his signing may be more than Bozak and will he really be better with Kessel?

Stastny's current cap hit is 6.6 million
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471669

Bozak may be signed for under 5 million per year
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8475098

Old
04-17-2013, 12:04 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:

because grabo is at least twice the hockey player bozak is? if grabo won 53% of his faceoffs or w/e he would be better than bozak at every facet of the game. i think grabo is getting moved but 4+ for bozak who should be a 2nd line tweener is ridiculous.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:06 PM
thewave

Quote:
No it isn't.
Problems arise when they start trading fact for fiction. Grabo isn't 5.5m guy but he should have got 4.75m and the skills he has are OBVIOUSLY superior to Bozak. It's like comparing Gardiner to Kostka skill wise.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:08 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
and thats something leaf fans have had to deal with for so long, good players is what we need, not faceoff pluggers who cant move the puck, only pass to his RW.
His stats aren't impressive at all considering he centers a first line, the gap between he and Kessel is also quite telling. I like Bozak, but he isn't worth the money being floated. Kadri deserves more time as he matures and Grabo was our best player once upon a time, so haters have short memories. I'm fine letting Bozak walk if he demands too much, he does not make the first line, he benefits because of it! Keep it real people.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:14 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
because grabo is at least twice the hockey player bozak is? if grabo won 53% of his faceoffs or w/e he would be better than bozak at every facet of the game. i think grabo is getting moved but 4+ for bozak who should be a 2nd line tweener is ridiculous.
-Percentages don't matter much when Bozak is taking nearly twice as many faceoffs as Grabo.
-Our PK turnaround is one of the biggest reasons for our success this year. Bozak has won more SH faceoffs than any centre in the league (91), nearly three times as many as #2 on our team (McClement - 31). Guess how many Grabo has won.....1.

-Are either Grabo or Bozak No1 centres? No.
-I think we can all agree that going forward the ideal No1 Centre will be brought in via trade, or it'll be Kadri. If its a trade, then I think it's safe to say Kadri will be No2, and one of Bozak/Grabo will be pushed back to 3.

-In my opinion Bozak @ 4-4.5M is a much much better 3rd line centre than Grabo @5.5M. He plays all situations and has a niche that nobody else on this team does. A niche that is vital to the success of this team.

Cliffs: I'd rather the third line centre that plays all situations, wins/takes more draws than anyone AND is cheaper. Overall, yes I think Grabo is a "better player" but if he's not playing top6, it's hard to argue that he's better suited for 3rd line than Bozak.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:17 PM
thewave

Quote:

EDIT UPDATE:
- Bozak has taken more ES, PP and PK faceoffs than all other leaf skaters.
- He's second in the league in FOT @ 985 (behind Giroux).
- Of the 10 centres in the NHL with the most faceoffs taken, FO% Leaders are as follows: Toews (60.4%), Giroux (54.2%), M.Koivu (53.6%), Bozak (53.1%).
-He's won more SH FO's than any centre in the league.
-5th in ES FOW. Of the 4 players ahead of him in this category, only Toews and Duchesne have lost few ES.

He's clearly an asset to this team and has a niche which has been used nicely with the new style of game RC has employed.
Well holy shlankies he is good at Faceoffs wow he is Federov reincarnate or better! What's Grabo at 51% when facing off against guys like Crosby? Get that joke of a effing BS stat out of my face. It's stupid to justify a player by FO

Old
04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Well holy shlankies he is good at Faceoffs wow he is Federov reincarnate or better! What's Grabo at 51% when facing off against guys like Crosby? Get that joke of a effing BS stat out of my face. It's stupid to justify a player by FO
You're hopeless. I'm done.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
-Percentages don't matter much when Bozak is taking nearly twice as many faceoffs as Grabo.
-Our PK turnaround is one of the biggest reasons for our success this year. Bozak has won more SH faceoffs than any centre in the league (91), nearly three times as many as #2 on our team (McClement - 31). Guess how many Grabo has won.....1.

-Are either Grabo or Bozak No1 centres? No.
-I think we can all agree that going forward the ideal No1 Centre will be brought in via trade, or it'll be Kadri. If its a trade, then I think it's safe to say Kadri will be No2, and one of Bozak/Grabo will be pushed back to 3.

-In my opinion Bozak @ 4-4.5M is a much much better 3rd line centre than Grabo @5.5M. He plays all situations and has a niche that nobody else on this team does. A niche that is vital to the success of this team.

Cliffs: I'd rather the third line centre that plays all situations, wins/takes more draws than anyone AND is cheaper. Overall, yes I think Grabo is a "better player" but if he's not playing top6, it's hard to argue that he's better suited for 3rd line than Bozak.
if people dont like grabo who can actually create his own chances and can actually score without kessel giving him a wide open net at 5.5 then i doubt u will like bozak who cant do anything by himself at anywhere north of 4. Bozak is like dominic moore, he thinks he is really good now but he will hit the market and wont see the penny he wants.

he is a complimentary player, plalayers like these are a dime a dozen and shouldn't be paid like a core piece. and i think our PK has gotten better because of 1. coaching 2. mcclement... bozak was here for the worst pk for like 3 straight years..... idk how people are justifying anything over 4 really

Old
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
thewave

Quote:
You're hopeless. I'm done.
You are done because you cherry picking 1 stat to justify a player as being more talented then an obviously more talented player. You can't prove the case to the point of it being irritating if not laughable in the attempt alone. I am sorry but it can't be done. Bozak is not as good a player as Grabo and will never ever be.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:27 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
You are done because you cherry picking 1 stat to justify a player as being more talented then an obviously more talented player. You can't prove the case to the point of it being irritating if not laughable in the attempt alone. I am sorry but it can't be done. Bozak is not as good a player as Grabo and will never ever be.
haha. you used "multiple 50 point paces" as a "stat" to argue Stajan being a better choice than Bozak. Thanks for coming out!

I also said I agree grabo is a better all round player.

But @ 5.5M he'd be a horrible choice for a 3 line centre; especially if you chose him over a cheaper player with much greater "bottom 6" qualities.

Sorry, if I'm overpaying for a 3rd line centre, i'm going to pick the one that plays in all situations and is at the top of the league in every faceoff category and comes cheaper.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:31 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
haha. you used "multiple 50 point paces" as a "stat" to argue Stajan being a better choice than Bozak. Thanks for coming out!

I also said I agree grabo is a better all round player.

But @ 5.5M he'd be a horrible choice for a 3 line centre; especially if you chose him over a cheaper player with much greater "bottom 6" qualities.

Sorry, if I'm overpaying for a 3rd line centre, i'm going to pick the one that plays in all situations and is at the top of the league in every faceoff category and comes cheaper.
tbh mcclement is a perfect 3rd line center.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Kyle Doobas*
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Quote:
Sorry, if I'm overpaying for a 3rd line centre
A third line centre is one of the last things you should be overpaying for IMO. Would rather take my chances on a guy like Clarkson or Weiss through FA than pay Bozak $4.5M to win faceoffs and kill penalties.

Closed Thread