HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marcel Hossa to....

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2005, 08:16 AM
  #76
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
...then completly fool Lalime...
Shooting from center ice can do the same thing with Lalime. What's your point?

The guy scored a goal against one of the best teams in the NHL. Whoopee...Just about every player in the NHL has done the same. Big Deal.

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:20 AM
  #77
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
And the fact that Q vs O ligue are different doesn't take away that Ribs dominate and produce more than Wellwood period.
Well this isn't very valid.

You can dominate in the OHL...but you won't put up as many points. The "Q" is barn burner offensive hockey....defence is a novelty that they perform when they get bored or tired.

200 points in the "Q" is equivalent to a 120 to 150 point season in the OHL.

Sure...Statistically (on paper) Ribs produced more, but it's unfair and invalid to say he was more dominant just because of "paper".

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:21 AM
  #78
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
I understand how upsetting it can be when the 3rd ranked prospect on the 29th ranked team compares favourably to your team's current leading scorer.
I understand how upsetting it can be to never understand anything. I never compared current Ribeiro with current Wellwood. I compared their days in junior and AHL because you guys are making Wellwood the next coming of god and then bash Ribeiro and say that he is worth nothing. One dimentation/weak etc... Well guess what it's the same with wellwood. So I just wanted to point out to you guys why poeple don't take Wellwood to seriously and why they don't like him. It has nothing to do with him beign a leafs. If Wellwood produce has much has Ribeiro in the NHL, he will still be worth nothing(or close/ cause thats what your saying about Ribeiro).

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:21 AM
  #79
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Shooting from center ice can do the same thing with Lalime. What's your point?

The guy scored a goal against one of the best teams in the NHL. Whoopee...Just about every player in the NHL has done the same. Big Deal.
I think the team and the goalie he scored against was secondary in his post, the main part was to say that Ribeiro's hands are as good if not better than Wellwood's...

417 is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:23 AM
  #80
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Well this isn't very valid.

You can dominate in the OHL...but you won't put up as many points. The "Q" is barn burner offensive hockey....defence is a novelty that they perform when they get bored or tired.

200 points in the "Q" is equivalent to a 120 to 150 point season in the OHL.

Sure...Statistically (on paper) Ribs produced more, but it's unfair and invalid to say he was more dominant just because of "paper".
Would you say the same if we were talking about Crosby? (not even thinking of comparing Ribeiro to Crosby, calm down)

417 is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:25 AM
  #81
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Don't forget...Ribs is also a MUCH better actor than Wellwood.

If he keep it up...he could get an Oscar one of these days.
I'm not 100% sure...but I think i've heard this one somewhere before...or is this a new joke?

417 is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:29 AM
  #82
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I think the team and the goalie he scored against was secondary in his post, the main part was to say that Ribeiro's hands are as good if not better than Wellwood's...
One goal...so?

Mike Fisher scored a really sweet goal against Philly (I think) where he cut across the net and while falling akwardly he put it past the goalie...

I'll never say that Mike Fisher has god given hands, but that goal goal was much nicer than the example given.

Besides....if you want to start talking about the pecking order of the Habs centers it should be like this if you want to start talking stats and what they've accomplished in previous NHL seasons.

1) Koivu (best season - 72 points - 398 for career)
2) Bonk (best season - 70 points - 399 total for career)
3) Ribs (best season - 65 points - 102 total for career)

No matter how you slice this...best season or career points...Ribs is the #3 centerman for the Habs. Heck you could even argue to a certain point that maybe Bonk should be the #1 there

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:31 AM
  #83
Murphy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SilverCupVille
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
One goal...so?

Mike Fisher scored a really sweet goal against Philly (I think)
Carolina.

Murphy* is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:38 AM
  #84
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Would you say the same if we were talking about Crosby? (not even thinking of comparing Ribeiro to Crosby, calm down)
ah yes...I thought you'd bring this one up.

The "Q" that Crosby is playing in and the conditions he has to play in are a little different than the "Q" that Ribs played in.

First thing...the "Q" back when Ribs was playing was even more run and gun offensive hockey than it is today. They cared even less about defence back then than they do now.

Secondly and most importantly....Everyone is gunning for Crosby...everyone knows him...he's the "Next One". Teams have specific strategies to try to shut him down...the focus of teams defenses is on him.

The fact that Crosby was able to put up the numbers he did with that kind of spotlight and focus on him is amazing.

I don't think that Ribs had to deal with that kind of situation when he was playing.

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:40 AM
  #85
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
One goal...so?

Mike Fisher scored a really sweet goal against Philly (I think) where he cut across the net and while falling akwardly he put it past the goalie...

I'll never say that Mike Fisher has god given hands, but that goal goal was much nicer than the example given.

Besides....if you want to start talking about the pecking order of the Habs centers it should be like this if you want to start talking stats and what they've accomplished in previous NHL seasons.

1) Koivu (best season - 72 points - 398 for career)
2) Bonk (best season - 70 points - 399 total for career)
3) Ribs (best season - 65 points - 102 total for career)

No matter how you slice this...best season or career points...Ribs is the #3 centerman for the Habs. Heck you could even argue to a certain point that maybe Bonk should be the #1 there
Wow, your taking this much futher than the original poster I quoted and I were trying to do, is it because he refrenced the Sens?...

Anyways, Ribeiro scored a ton of highlight goals last year, and in his career, I can remember a few goals vs. the Canucks, Tampa Bay, Toronto over the years that have left me speechless...

As for the Ribs is the 3rd best habs center...I think it's pretty obvious if you want to talk about Koivu and Bonk, as they've accomplished much more in their careers in much more games...

Ribs may indeed be the #3 center in terms of career points (i think that's pretty obvious, I don't know why you had to single that fact out?) but he's the Habs 2nd center in terms of lines, but he's 3rd in terms of playing time...kinda complicated..

417 is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:42 AM
  #86
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
ah yes...I thought you'd bring this one up.

The "Q" that Crosby is playing in and the conditions he has to play in are a little different than the "Q" that Ribs played in.

First thing...the "Q" back when Ribs was playing was even more run and gun offensive hockey than it is today. They cared even less about defence back then than they do now.

Secondly and most importantly....Everyone is gunning for Crosby...everyone knows him...he's the "Next One". Teams have specific strategies to try to shut him down...the focus of teams defenses is on him.

The fact that Crosby was able to put up the numbers he did with that kind of spotlight and focus on him is amazing.

I don't think that Ribs had to deal with that kind of situation when he was playing.


Not to Crosby's extent, but Ribeiro was one of the Q's best players, and if you think that he's immature now, back when he tore up the Q, he was much, much worse...I recall several character incidents when he was there, just like this forum, Ribeiro wasn't liked by other teams, and they'd often take runs at him...

but again, i'm not comparing it to what Crosby goes through day in and day out

Anyways, i'll shift back to the topic of this thread if you don't mind...Marcel Hossa...this is heading towards a Ribeiro bashing contest or a Ribeiro vs. Wellwood contest, and I don't think I want to get into that...

417 is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:51 AM
  #87
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy
Carolina.
Was it? whoh...my memory is failing me.

Thanks...

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 08:55 AM
  #88
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Ribs may indeed be the #3 center in terms of career points (i think that's pretty obvious...
single season performance as well...

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:02 AM
  #89
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
is it because he refrenced the Sens?...
Not at all...your logic is flawed (in my opinion that is)...and I'm just making light of it.

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:04 AM
  #90
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
[/B]

Not to Crosby's extent, but Ribeiro was one of the Q's best players, and if you think that he's immature now, back when he tore up the Q, he was much, much worse...
HUH?

Am I drunk or does this make no sense?

Ribs...immature? HUH? When did I say that?

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:05 AM
  #91
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
HUH?

Am I drunk or does this make no sense?

Ribs...immature? HUH? When did I say that?
Well, you didn't say the word immature, I was just speaking generally, Ribeiro's perceived character is that he's immature

417 is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:09 AM
  #92
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Not at all...your logic is flawed (in my opinion that is)...and I'm just making light of it.
What logic is that, if you think anyone's logic is flawed, it the other poster, I didin't comment on that, I just clarified what I thought he was trying to say, i didn't put forth any logic...I think you are drunk...it's 10:00am for god's sake, get a hold of yourself

417 is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:11 AM
  #93
Quiet Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Well, you didn't say the word immature, I was just speaking generally, Ribeiro's perceived character is that he's immature
I agree, and just to add to that, from most reports was worse in junior.

I think your basic statement was that if NHL fans think Ribeiro is immature/cocky now, they should seen him in junior. For this reason, a lot of teams were gunning hard for him in junior, it's not as if he was unwatched.

Quiet Robert is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:14 AM
  #94
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Well, you didn't say the word immature, I was just speaking generally, Ribeiro's perceived character is that he's immature
HUH??????????

No...for me...Ribs isn't immature...he's a 176 pounds of FREAKING wimpy GIRL.

I don't know him personally...so I have no idea if he's immature or not. I can only base my opinion on what I see on the ice when he plays.

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:15 AM
  #95
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
What logic is that, if you think anyone's logic is flawed, it the other poster, I didin't comment on that, I just clarified what I thought he was trying to say, i didn't put forth any logic...I think you are drunk...it's 10:00am for god's sake, get a hold of yourself
Well...the logic behind your arugments earlier didn't make sense to me. So I just put forth what mine was...that's all.

maybe I should go home from work and drink...that would be much, much more fun! Good idea!

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:17 AM
  #96
Quiet Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Not at all...your logic is flawed (in my opinion that is)...and I'm just making light of it.
I think the previous poster (not 417) simply used an example to show where Ribeiro's stickhandling was good. I don't think he said "he beat Lalime on a deke therefore he's good." I think he was simply pointing it out as an example. (If he didn't do this, I read wrong. )

Whether you agree with the examples or not, the point still stands that Ribero is an excellent stickhandler. There is no real debate there.

Quiet Robert is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:18 AM
  #97
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
the point still stands that Ribero is an excellent stickhandler. There is no real debate there.
So is Marcel Hossa....so what's the point here?

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:23 AM
  #98
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Well...the logic behind your arugments earlier didn't make sense to me. So I just put forth what mine was...that's all.

maybe I should go home from work and drink...that would be much, much more fun! Good idea!
Ok, take a deep breath, and take the time to read this...

I didin't make any argument regarding Ribeiro's goal vs. the Sens...

Maybe you should stop drinking all together...

417 is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:25 AM
  #99
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Ok, take a deep breath, and take the time to read this...

I didin't make any argument regarding Ribeiro's goal vs. the Sens...

Maybe you should stop drinking all together...
I wasn't talking about Rib's goal against the Sens...

maybe you should take a deep breath and go back and re-read what you and I wrote.

SensGod is offline  
Old
04-26-2005, 09:26 AM
  #100
Quiet Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
So is Marcel Hossa....so what's the point here?
We should trade them both for draft picks...


Really though, I think that's all the other guy was trying to say and what started the discussion. Maybe he didn't word it clearly or something (I don't feel like rereading the thread) but I think the basic point he was trying to make was that he thought Ribeiro was a good stickhandler and he used that goal as an example.

Quiet Robert is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.