HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Funny twitter xchange b/t Richards and Penner

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2013, 06:56 PM
  #1
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
Funny twitter xchange b/t Richards and Penner

Some funny stuff between Richards and Penner just tweeted from the hotel they're in:
‏@Dustinpenner25 1h
Do not try and steam clean your dress shirt w/out making sure the shower/tub combo drain is open. #housekeeping���� pic.twitter.com/c5mHcp2NUq

‏@MRichie_10 1h
.@Dustinpenner25 ever hear of an Iron?

58m
“@MRichie_10: @Dustinpenner25 ever hear of an Iron?”Stay out of this Rick! This is between me and the tub. Also don't open your door #leaner\

@MRichie_10 .@Dustinpenner25 I actually just walked out of my room and the water has made it's way in front of my door. Leaner not needed. #gogreen

@Dustinpenner25 53m
.@MRichie_10 lol. In fairness an iron is more work then turning on a faucet and hanging a shirt. Couldn't risk burning a hole through it

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:20 PM
  #2
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,719
vCash: 592

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:51 PM
  #3
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
funny...with 3.25 million a year...or $65,000 a week, I could pay off 2 of my business loans with HALF of ONE of his paychecks and thus not sweat my company payroll every 2 weeks...and not lose 2 hours of sleep every night...he can 'risk' burning a shirt, no matter how much it cost.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:56 PM
  #4
cheap77
Go Kings!
 
cheap77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
funny...with 3.25 million a year...or $65,000 a week, I could pay off 2 of my business loans with HALF of ONE of his paychecks and thus not sweat my company payroll every 2 weeks...and not lose 2 hours of sleep every night...he can 'risk' burning a shirt, no matter how much it cost.
Life sucks when you don't have money.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:24 PM
  #5
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap77 View Post
Life sucks when you don't have money.
I own The Space Store .com and sell some of the most unique and rare things
in the world...if I had distributor's in Euro, Australia, and Japan, my business would
more than double within 60 days. I have about 20% of my customers in those markets, and they ALL tell me I am the only place to get the items I have. They do not want to spend a huge percentage of their money on high cost shipping and customs and if I had distributors there, I would make good money.If I could produce a $35 toy astronaut helmet, I would own that $1 million annual market, as there is only 1 decent toy astronaut helmet and it's $50....if I had a store in Florida, near the Kennedy Space Center, (KSC) my business would double within 4 months. I have HALF the same inventory and sell most of it for 20% less! I have been in their gift store 6 times and NEVER have seen less than 200 people in it!! All I need is a 2,000 sq foot store, between the hotels and the KSC (and rents are cheap there right now) and make brochures and put them in the hotels..."Free Admission...best prices in town"...the KSC costs $50 to get in.
I am going there next week to look at opportunities and locations.
What holds me back? Lack of funds. $2,000 monthly group insurance, buku taxes, and 2 business loans, etc.

Sorry for hijack....delete if need be. Any updates on the water heater / steam cleaning?

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:55 PM
  #6
mbar
Registered User
 
mbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
What the what?

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:05 PM
  #7
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
What the what?
Indeed.....

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:06 PM
  #8
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
I own The Space Store .com and sell some of the most unique and rare things
in the world...if I had distributor's in Euro, Australia, and Japan, my business would
more than double within 60 days. I have about 20% of my customers in those markets, and they ALL tell me I am the only place to get the items I have. They do not want to spend a huge percentage of their money on high cost shipping and customs and if I had distributors there, I would make good money.If I could produce a $35 toy astronaut helmet, I would own that $1 million annual market, as there is only 1 decent toy astronaut helmet and it's $50....if I had a store in Florida, near the Kennedy Space Center, (KSC) my business would double within 4 months. I have HALF the same inventory and sell most of it for 20% less! I have been in their gift store 6 times and NEVER have seen less than 200 people in it!! All I need is a 2,000 sq foot store, between the hotels and the KSC (and rents are cheap there right now) and make brochures and put them in the hotels..."Free Admission...best prices in town"...the KSC costs $50 to get in.
I am going there next week to look at opportunities and locations.
What holds me back? Lack of funds. $2,000 monthly group insurance, buku taxes, and 2 business loans, etc.

Sorry for hijack....delete if need be. Any updates on the water heater / steam cleaning?
Well, as odd as this post was I did check out your site for a brief second.

As for the OP, it is amusing, but shows that NHL players are human too. Perhaps the shirt is some $5,000 silk shirt and not the $40 Walmart special some imply it is.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:19 PM
  #9
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
I own The Space Store .com and sell some of the most unique and rare things
in the world...if I had distributor's in Euro, Australia, and Japan, my business would
more than double within 60 days. I have about 20% of my customers in those markets, and they ALL tell me I am the only place to get the items I have. They do not want to spend a huge percentage of their money on high cost shipping and customs and if I had distributors there, I would make good money.If I could produce a $35 toy astronaut helmet, I would own that $1 million annual market, as there is only 1 decent toy astronaut helmet and it's $50....if I had a store in Florida, near the Kennedy Space Center, (KSC) my business would double within 4 months. I have HALF the same inventory and sell most of it for 20% less! I have been in their gift store 6 times and NEVER have seen less than 200 people in it!! All I need is a 2,000 sq foot store, between the hotels and the KSC (and rents are cheap there right now) and make brochures and put them in the hotels..."Free Admission...best prices in town"...the KSC costs $50 to get in.
I am going there next week to look at opportunities and locations.
What holds me back? Lack of funds. $2,000 monthly group insurance, buku taxes, and 2 business loans, etc.

Sorry for hijack....delete if need be. Any updates on the water heater / steam cleaning?

Wow!


I own a SHOX and one of the wind ups (has a blue thing in front of him) that were given to me as gifts from my wife. I just asked her where she got them from and she mentioned your site. SMALL WORLD!

I have a over 1000 different robot toys from the 50's through to today. Sad, I know but I have always kept a robbie on my desk that I got when I was a kid and over the years have received a bunch as gifts and once someone finds out you have a bunch of something they give you theirs and over and over and here I am. They are gag gifts when they come from my family and friends but bus associates always seem to give me one or two a year.

Oh well, wish you the best of luck and it really is a small world.

I am going to have to check

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:22 PM
  #10
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 863
I would also like to add that I have known PBJ for like 10 years and he is an really good guy composed of the highest moral fiber.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:41 PM
  #11
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I would also like to add that I have known PBJ for like 10 years and he is an really good guy composed of the highest moral fiber.
Very cool to hear.

I am just shocked at how small a world it is.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:43 PM
  #12
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 43,247
vCash: 500
So he flooded his hotel room? rofl

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:31 AM
  #13
Bondoao1
Registered User
 
Bondoao1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
LMAO!

wonder who pays for the damages done? DP or the kings orginization?

Bondoao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:38 AM
  #14
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
Between this thread and the Doughty's house is messy thread....people really need to settle down a little

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:50 AM
  #15
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Some funny stuff between Richards and Penner just tweeted from the hotel they're in:
‏@Dustinpenner25 1h
Do not try and steam clean your dress shirt w/out making sure the shower/tub combo drain is open. #housekeeping���� pic.twitter.com/c5mHcp2NUq

‏@MRichie_10 1h
.@Dustinpenner25 ever hear of an Iron?

58m
“@MRichie_10: @Dustinpenner25 ever hear of an Iron?”Stay out of this Rick! This is between me and the tub. Also don't open your door #leaner\

@MRichie_10 .@Dustinpenner25 I actually just walked out of my room and the water has made it's way in front of my door. Leaner not needed. #gogreen

@Dustinpenner25 53m
.@MRichie_10 lol. In fairness an iron is more work then turning on a faucet and hanging a shirt. Couldn't risk burning a hole through it

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:35 AM
  #16
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 43,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Between this thread and the Doughty's house is messy thread....people really need to settle down a little
Where is this Doughty's House is Messy thread?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 07:38 AM
  #17
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
LOL! I didn't think he was serious about there being so much water!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM
  #18
ouendan1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Where is this Doughty's House is Messy thread?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1401059

ouendan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:37 PM
  #19
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Wow!


I own a SHOX and one of the wind ups (has a blue thing in front of him) that were given to me as gifts from my wife. I just asked her where she got them from and she mentioned your site. SMALL WORLD!

I have a over 1000 different robot toys from the 50's through to today. Sad, I know but I have always kept a robbie on my desk that I got when I was a kid and over the years have received a bunch as gifts and once someone finds out you have a bunch of something they give you theirs and over and over and here I am. They are gag gifts when they come from my family and friends but bus associates always seem to give me one or two a year.

Oh well, wish you the best of luck and it really is a small world.

I am going to have to check
Over 1,000 robot toys? PM me your mailing address and I will send you another.
The Space Store was started by an astronaut trainer's wife in Houston, around 1995. He flew on the Space Shuttle Chase Team. So, we carry NASA and other space stuff and very little sci-fi. She sold the biz to SpaceHab in 2001 and I bought it from SpaceHab in 2006 and moved it to Denver, as I was laid off at WB in 2005, where I was a film colorist for ten years. It was a retail store, across the road from the Johnson Space Center..I operate it online since. I have a great opportunity in Florida and would do well, within a few miles away from my main competitor, the Kennedy Space Center Giftshop. Some of their high end stuff that they price at $4,500, I sell for $3,550. I could offer 2 free tix for a 3 day Bahama Cruise, for the $900 someone would save, buying the same item from me. I have 4 contacts / suppliers in the area that would help in huge ways to make it a success, too. And 2 Canadian's, by the way, as well - custom space model maker Nick Proach, a longtime supplier, who is in Sechelt, above Vancouver...and someone I am making the first person on my Advisory Board, Michael Giberson, (who is brilliant) that lives near Calgary...I recently got a deal to become a re-seller of SpaceX merch. It took 5.5 years to get that! I hope Elon Musk buys me out someday, so he can make this bigger and I can retire.

If we ever send people to the moon again, or Mars, I will make a small killing. My best month last year, was when Armstrong died. People were buying tons of Apollo 11 stuff I have. Crazy. I have met several astronauts and that's been cool..one told me "you know, we have ray guns" What do you say in response to that? LOL

Thanks, The Dingo, for perhaps keeping me from being banned! This post was a moral failure...being covetous of 1/1000 of Dustin Penner's annual pay, so I could pay off 2 loans and better survive this economy. I had to let go of 2 employees the last 6 months and struggle to make payroll every time, lately. and I am making 65% of what I did at WB. This will be my momentary lapse of reason and will be my last on these boards.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.