You must have a pretty lose definition of "star"

Old
04-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
that's what I'm thinking too. I don't care what Looch & Horton make; they should be the third line; and Kelly between them might wake all of them up.

Only difference I'd make is putting Peverley with Campbell & Paille, and sitting Thornton, not his fault. But won't need a fighter come playoff time, and Peverley will bring more to the table.
Then you have an ineffective third line

In no particular order

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Soderberg - Kelly - Jagr
Paille - Campbell - Peverley

and wait for it ......

wait

here it comes

Knight - Krejci - Horton

Looch hasn't trained properly, is tired, whatever...it's not going to get better this season.

While Knight hasn't played, he's trained, in shape and will bring all the things Looch is suppose to bring except the size. And he trained extensively in boxing last off-season so he's ready to drop the gloves

Old
04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post

In no particular order

Soderberg - Kelly - Jagr

and wait for it ......

wait

here it comes

Knight - Krejci - Horton

Looch hasn't trained properly, is tired, whatever...it's not going to get better this season.

While Knight hasn't played, he's trained, in shape and will bring all the things Looch is suppose to bring except the size. And he trained extensively in boxing last off-season so he's ready to drop the gloves

There have been times this year that we have had an inconsistent 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines in the same game!!

Just a funny year; I don't know what to do. I pity Claude at this point. I don't know if the guys are tired, unmotivated, or just not as good as we think they should be. I've been hopeful they would sort it out down the stretch; but the stretch is almost over now!!

On topic, I've been impressed with Soderberg. I think he & Jagr 'could' make a difference if they continue to play together. One thing I like about this guy is he goes to the net, and he parks there. I don't understand why some of our other big guys don't do that?

Old
04-24-2013, 08:57 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:

In no particular order

Soderberg - Kelly - Jagr

and wait for it ......

wait

here it comes

Knight - Krejci - Horton

How is having an ineffective 3rd line any worse than an ineffective first line?

Old
04-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
How is having an ineffective 3rd line any worse than an ineffective first line?
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin are ineffective??

Old
04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Mione134
Queen in the North

Quote:

In no particular order

Soderberg - Kelly - Jagr

and wait for it ......

wait

here it comes

Knight - Krejci - Horton

Dont toy with my emotions, Dom!

I can't wait until Knight is up here. He's what we've been needing.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:01 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Not quite as loose as your loose spelling of "loose"

Old
04-24-2013, 12:06 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin are ineffective??
Ha! Well played! I meant the DK line, but you are correct. This team is only going to go as far as the PB line takes them.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:34 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
in his 3rd ever NHL game he looked to be one of the best 3 or 4 guys on the ice yesterday, he will be a star

Old
04-24-2013, 01:40 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Haggs on the radio yesterday said that he didn't think Soderberg was NHL-ready. Which Soderberg is he watching? He was one of the best Bruins last night and is one of the only guys on this team who consistently goes to the net.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:41 PM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
in his 3rd ever NHL game he looked to be one of the best 3 or 4 guys on the ice yesterday, he will be a star
I definitely think that Yeti has a bright future, but being one of the best guys on the ice last night doesn't say much.. most of the guys mailed it in, though I credit Yeti for his performance.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:42 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Haggs on the radio yesterday said that he didn't think Soderberg was NHL-ready. Which Soderberg is he watching? He was one of the best Bruins last night and is one of the only guys on this team who consistently goes to the net.
Hmm... not sure what he was watching. Definitely ready.

qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Haggs can't swallow his pride and admit he under-estimated the guy . It undermines his journalistic integrity in my opinion.

Old
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
I'm not too keen on breaking up that line, but it really looks like Lucic-Krejci-Seguin can generate a lot of offense. 3 games left, I think it's a good idea to see if they can do that and be defensively responsible. Peverley or Horton could play with Marchand-Bergeron. I really like the Soderberg-Kelly-Jagr line. Soderberg and Jagr are showing some real puck possession/chemistry. There are a few things that need to be ironed out, but I believe they could really bring some offense.
I agree with you on this. I would try Jagr with Bergeron and Marchand as him and Marchand have some good chemistry. If/when Horton comes back put him with Soderberg and Kelly. Thornton rides pine and Peverley plays on the 4th line. That's a solid lineup(on paper)

Old
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I agree with you on this. I would try Jagr with Bergeron and Marchand as him and Marchand have some good chemistry. If/when Horton comes back put him with Soderberg and Kelly. Thornton rides pine and Peverley plays on the 4th line. That's a solid lineup(on paper)
Exactly what I want... except I probably put Kelly on the 4th and have Peverley play with Soda and Kelly. I know Pevs has not looked good but I feel he is more offensively talented than Kelly.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:10 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Dont toy with my emotions, Dom!

I can't wait until Knight is up here. He's what we've been needing.
problem with Knight is he's 65 games behind and played but 7 games....Spooner at 70 looks AHL dominant, at 7 games he looked a bit tentative- his game really blossomed from October to April.

Knight needs to skate and play, probably spend the summer doing a lot of skating and shooting. He needs experience playing games. He certainly is a good skater, body checker, and will combatant but it that shot- heavy and quick, that has Cassidy and Sweeney drooling. He just needs to figure out a way to start getting it off and he will.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:31 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
problem with Knight is he's 65 games behind and played but 7 games....Spooner at 70 looks AHL dominant, at 7 games he looked a bit tentative- his game really blossomed from October to April.

Knight needs to skate and play, probably spend the summer doing a lot of skating and shooting. He needs experience playing games. He certainly is a good skater, body checker, and will combatant but it that shot- heavy and quick, that has Cassidy and Sweeney drooling. He just needs to figure out a way to start getting it off and he will.
Well hopefully some of that will be rectified by Knight getting 20+ postseason games under his belt

Old
04-24-2013, 02:39 PM
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Seeing as the whole team played like garbage that doesn't mean much

Old
04-24-2013, 02:47 PM
NiKrejci

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
The man has skills which he showed to some effect in the first period after that, he looked lost. Once he gets a fixed postion and learns the system, he should be a good 2/3rd line center. He might be a very good one.
Once adjusted I see him as a 2nd line center. He already has points in his first 3 career games, but at times you can tell he's still thinking he's on a larger ice surface. He has a nose for the net, which I think is the most impressive part of his game, and I'm sure he'll pot a goal here and there because of it.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKrejci View Post
Once adjusted I see him as a 2nd line center. He already has points in his first 3 career games, but at times you can tell he's still thinking he's on a larger ice surface. He has a nose for the net, which I think is the most impressive part of his game, and I'm sure he'll pot a goal here and there because of it.
at one point he skated backwards into the boards and hit them hard. He obviously was thinking he had another 7 feet behind him. It was almost comical really. That should go away over time.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:15 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Yeah, this kid has missed tons of time.

Lets all just give him 100 AHL games with no further injuries and then see what we have. I assume that player should be able to replace one of Kelly/Pevs and save us some money.

Soderberg looks excellent. I predicted him to be one of our best players and it looks like I am correct.

I thought he'd step in and be better than lazy ass Lucic and Horton and looks like he is right now.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Nose Face Killah
Fight Owens Fight

Great game by the Yeti tonight. When will he score though?

Old
04-25-2013, 10:21 PM
spylogic3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
Soderberg saved Tuukka's shutout when Rask kicked the puck into the slot and was out of position. The Yeti got the puck outta there.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:25 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
He is a thousand times better than that first game- been impressed; goes well with Jagr
. Btw my daughter got some great film of Jagr during warm ups yucking it up over the Traveling Jagrs (the boys are from Calgary)

Old
04-26-2013, 12:26 AM
Shadowthrone
Zombies Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
Well, you ain't seen nothing Yeti

Closed Thread