Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The YETI - Soderberg

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 10:31 AM
CLC*

vCash: 500
time 4 change, lets say so .. give Yetti on the third, give back Pev on with krejchi, bring looch with Yags

Old
05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Hazi

I definitely think Soderberg should play on Monday. But instead on the third line, what about put him on a line with Bergeron and Seguin and put Marchand with Kelly and Jagr?

Don't look at it as a demotion, look at it as trying to get 2 lines going. The Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin line has spent a lot of time in the offensive zone so far in the playoffs, and they are getting chances, but the third line isn't doing anything right now. Granted the Dogman did provide the 3rd line some intensity, and the third line as a whole looked better with him in the LW spot, but imagine putting Marchand back with Jagr??? We saw how good they played with each other from the get go. Plus, it gives Jagr someone who actually can play some offense. And I think Soderberg gives Bergeron and Seguin a big body that has some speed and can open up room for them.

I still stand on playing Soderberg on Monday no matter what line plays on. But I think it wouldn't hurt to switch Soderberg and Marchand for a couple of shifts and if it doesn't work, just put Soderberg back in the 3rd line and Marchand back with Bergy and Seguin.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:50 PM
westernhome

Soderberg needs to be in, and needs to be in at center

Old
05-05-2013, 09:32 PM
spylogic3

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Soderberg needs to be in, and needs to be in at center
But the way Claude fixes the third line, is to put them in again.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:34 PM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

We all want him in there, but Clode is not going to do it. I'll be surpised if he does.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:03 AM
RussellmaniaKW

I'm bumping this to say that I think it wouldn't hurt to put Soderberg in for a game or two in Thornton's place. This isn't a "Julien is an idiot" post or a panic post. I actually think it made sense to scratch him up to now. However Thornton has barely played at all in the last couple games and the Bruins could really use someone like Yeti on the powerplay. If the concern is that he still doesn't know the system or hasn't adjusted to the NHL...why not start him and if he looks bad then you bench him. Worst case is he plays Thornton minutes and goes back to being a scratch, best case is he lights it up offensively.

Just saying, Soderberg is one of the few guys on this team who seems to naturally gravitate to the front of the net and they could really use some of that in closing out this series.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:09 AM
westernhome

it is so frustrating watching Jagr trying his guts out there shift after shift and his linemates look like they have absolutely zero offensive hockey IQ

Old
05-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
I'm bumping this to say that I think it wouldn't hurt to put Soderberg in for a game or two in Thornton's place. This isn't a "Julien is an idiot" post or a panic post. I actually think it made sense to scratch him up to now. However Thornton has barely played at all in the last couple games and the Bruins could really use someone like Yeti on the powerplay. If the concern is that he still doesn't know the system or hasn't adjusted to the NHL...why not start him and if he looks bad then you bench him. Worst case is he plays Thornton minutes and goes back to being a scratch, best case is he lights it up offensively.

Just saying, Soderberg is one of the few guys on this team who seems to naturally gravitate to the front of the net and they could really use some of that in closing out this series.
I agree that we should work him in, but do we really expect him to be successful getting Thornton's 6 minutes (going off of tonight).

He's almost 1/3 the salary of Kelly, and I expect him to take that spot next year --so why not get out the big balls and try it now already. Kelly has been good on the draw, but other than that he is pointless and I think -3. Maybe Kelly in for Thornton and then he can still take draws and kill faceoffs.

L-K-H
M-B-S
Pevs-Soderberg-Jagr
Paille--Campbell--Kelly

Maybe switch Seguin and Jagr around.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:55 AM
Colt.45Orr

ps: I bet he is pumped he is missing playing the World Championships so he can sit in Julien's doghouse.

Seems pretty ridiculous now all the crap we went through to get him. The game I say him lined up on Kelly's wing I knew it was all going to be over sooner rather than later (for this year).

Old
05-11-2013, 02:56 AM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Hed help the pp, we know that. I can't see why he shouldnt get a game. We have to get Jagr going. And he has great chemistry with Yeti. I say it can't hurt.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:02 AM
CheerstoBeers

Hoping to see Soderberg next game

How about

Jagr - Campbell - Soderberg

Paille - Kelly - Peverley/Thornton

Old
05-13-2013, 10:13 AM
RussellmaniaKW

man, the Yeti is exactly what this team needed in this series. With as many rebounds as Reimer gives up a guy like Soderberg who loves to hang around the net would have been money. Seems like a no brainer to me...dunno why he hasn't gotten a game or two at least.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:22 AM
LyndonByers

I would like to see Julien put Soderberg in as well. Preferably at Center but I know Julien won't do that.

Soderberg is a big body who can skate and has skill. The team is lacking speed & offensive skill. I really wonder what the guy is thinking sitting up there watching Shawn Thornton lumbering around. I like Thornton but I just think this team needs an infusion of speed and skill & Soderberg is the best option with a needed skillset you require now. Things have gotten stale with this "current" regular 4 lines. It is almost as if Soderberg & Daugavins are outsiders & not in Julien's clique.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:23 AM
FallsForItEveryYear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
man, the Yeti is exactly what this team needed in this series. With as many rebounds as Reimer gives up a guy like Soderberg who loves to hang around the net would have been money. Seems like a no brainer to me...dunno why he hasn't gotten a game or two at least.
Claude. That's why. He's afraid to play him over his beloved veterans. Who suck

Old
05-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

But then we'd have to sit Kelley and Peverly! Do you know they won a cup?!?

My third line tonight: Jagr - Yeti - Daug

I would jettison Kelley and Peverly in the offseason to anybody willing to take them. Tell Kelley and his NMC they will sit in the pressbox all year in favor of Daug and he'll waive it.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:43 AM
KrejciMVP

great job on this guy Claude. Do you destroy every player that comes to Boston

Old
05-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Nose Face Killah
🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝

Soderberg must be really pissed off. He comes over here, and gets benched. He could have been playing in the World Championships right now..

Old
05-13-2013, 01:02 PM
EverettMike

If the bruins were counting on a long playoff run, and clearly management was, then Soderberg should have played in the first round at some point to get some playoff experience, instead of waiting for an injury to force him in at some point later on when the intensity and opposition is greater.

I hope we get to discuss deeper rounds this year.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:07 PM
jagrgodr

Ok, what's the deal with this guy? I can understand not using him in the first couple games, and maybe training him on the team and having him watch clips and such, and get him in some of the late games maybe. But if you have this guy and you are struggling on offense, why not try him out?

Old
05-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Whiskey Sam
Puck Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
If the bruins were counting on a long playoff run, and clearly management was, then Soderberg should have played in the first round at some point to get some playoff experience, instead of waiting for an injury to force him in at some point later on when the intensity and opposition is greater.

I hope we get to discuss deeper rounds this year.
I'd love to know what their reasoning is. How does a guy get experience if they never play him? For a team struggling on offense, this guy was specifically brought in to help in that area. Are they that stubborn or is there something else like an undisclosed injury going on?

Old
05-14-2013, 05:53 PM
DoubleAAAA

The kid has all of what, 5 games NHL experience? And he's expected to jump right into the NHL playoffs and contribute? No issues with him being a 2nd/3rd option, at some point injuries will require him to jump in, but until that point you roll with the guys who have been there before and got you to this point.

It's unrealistic to expect him to be inserted in the lineup and be a factor, he was ok in the regular season, but didn't really wow. I expect him to be get a big opportunity to be a contributor next year. Now's not the time for a try-out.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
The kid has all of what, 5 games NHL experience? And he's expected to jump right into the NHL playoffs and contribute? No issues with him being a 2nd/3rd option, at some point injuries will require him to jump in, but until that point you roll with the guys who have been there before and got you to this point.

It's unrealistic to expect him to be inserted in the lineup and be a factor, he was ok in the regular season, but didn't really wow. I expect him to be get a big opportunity to be a contributor next year. Now's not the time for a try-out.

I like Soderberg's skill set and potential but your post is how it will play out. The Bruins will roll with the guys who have playoff experience.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:43 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
I like Soderberg's skill set and potential but your post is how it will play out. The Bruins will roll with the guys who have playoff experience.
As they should

Old
05-14-2013, 08:21 PM
whatsbruin

Do We see Soderberg vs NYR

There are several B's forwards who did not contribute in the series against
the Maple Leafs.

Does Claude make a move and insert Soderberg for one of them, or does
he stand pat.

Honestly, if he doesn't play Soderberg now, he never will, unless there is an injury.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
WhiteMandingo
Goliath Online!

I like Thornton but he has no use against NYR. The only thing he did vs Toronto was fight at the END of a game. Soderberg or Daugavins both have alot more use. It's not like Thornton hits either. Anytime he tries he barely nudges the guy or hits the boards 2 feet beside him. Its not like Soderberg is some young prospect either. He is already 27 and was just playing in the SEL playoffs.

Closed Thread