HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Frazer McLaren vs Brandon Prust April 13 2013

Old
04-15-2013, 09:52 PM
h2

vCash: 120
I think it needs to be mentioned as well that just because someone gets knocked out from a KO, doesn't make them "not tough" or anything, because it's starting to get implied the way this thread is going. Does it suck? Yeah, but it happens to the best fighters, and non-fighters.. like Dziurzynski.

The fight was a draw, but you have to give Prust credit for being intelligent and forcinga draw when it should be a massive McLaren advantage.

h2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:35 PM
JimLaheyprobert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
I think it needs to be mentioned as well that just because someone gets knocked out from a KO, doesn't make them "not tough" or anything, because it's starting to get implied the way this thread is going. Does it suck? Yeah, but it happens to the best fighters, and non-fighters.. like Dziurzynski.

The fight was a draw, but you have to give Prust credit for being intelligent and forcinga draw when it should be a massive McLaren advantage.
I agree with you, getting KO'd does not mean your not tough just means you got tagged. The toughest guys get caught and get knocked out occasionally, but it is humiliating, which is what im trying to argue. And i also agree with you (and i stated above) that prust gets a ton of credit because he did fight a weight class up and get a draw against mclaren, which in prusts case is a win because he is smaller and it was in Toronto. But just because prust is smaller does not take anything away from his fighting ability, this guy is a smart and experienced fighter and when he does have to take on guys bigger then him, he knows how to do it. So what i was trying to argue was that saying Mclaren got humiliated because he had a draw against prust is a really stupid argument.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:47 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Yeah I do think that... the Leafs fight everything and anything. Prust isn't scaring anybody.
Yeah actually youre right now that I think about it. A guy whose been in the minors all his career until the last half of this season is going to go out there and toy with established NHL fighters who are good at what they do. Hes not going to try to beat down everyone he can when hes in a contract year because hes so tough that every GM in the league already knows he can just toy with all these NHL fighters. I bet Orr goes out and toys with guys too after almost having his career ended just because hes so much tougher then everyone. McLarens so bad ass that hes going to let guys who fight for a living just throw punches at him and hes gonna laugh it off and toy with them.

The leafs are arguably the toughest team in the league this year but what f'ing world do you live in?

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Renner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Rypien vs Gill wasn't a humiliation.It was a disgrace......lol

And I like Prust but Neil is on another level. Mclaren should have win again Prust even if he's not what leafs fan think he is. (A top heavyweight)
Why should he have won? Prust isnt some little wimp and can win a fight on any given day. I thought McLaren would destory him because imo hes one of the toughest in the league...but he didnt because Prust knew not to even attempt going toe to toe.

who cares..I dont even get what half of you argue about on here...It was a draw..and there is discussion for edge to McLaren.

People who have used hockeyfights to help their argument....well there is proof in the pudding that website means nothing at all. It was bombarded by Habs fans voting Prust ..like they always do.

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:51 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:

I agree with this. I was very surprised to see mclaren lose his smile and start taking prust seriously and still get hit a couple of times. Prust's best fight since the Ott fight imho.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:52 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Yeah actually youre right now that I think about it. A guy whose been in the minors all his career until the last half of this season is going to go out there and toy with established NHL fighters who are good at what they do. Hes not going to try to beat down everyone he can when hes in a contract year because hes so tough that every GM in the league already knows he can just toy with all these NHL fighters. I bet Orr goes out and toys with guys too after almost having his career ended just because hes so much tougher then everyone. McLarens so bad ass that hes going to let guys who fight for a living just throw punches at him and hes gonna laugh it off and toy with them.

The leafs are arguably the toughest team in the league this year but what f'ing world do you live in?
I agree with u man, it was just a quick smile probably because Mclaren is psycho and probably likes his job, he defiantly was not toying with prust because if you "toy" with experienced fighters you get your block knocked off.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:54 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
How cheap and classless is Prust, 95% of his punches were thrown when McLaren slipped and fell to the ice.

it could help put things in perspective. don't forget to watch the score prior to the incident. Orr went after gionta 5'7''. just saying, the respect factor between the two teams is not exactly at a high point. I agree with you its gotten worst in the last couple of years (punches getting thrown when the other guy is down) but you could dig up videos like that from any fighters in the league, from Kane to lucic to heavyweights like bordeleau. Not defending it but since its become tolerated, why shouldn't a smaller guy do it.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 04-15-2013 at 11:02 PM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:48 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
I agree with u man, it was just a quick smile probably because Mclaren is psycho and probably likes his job, he defiantly was not toying with prust because if you "toy" with experienced fighters you get your block knocked off.
Exactly. Prust is a tough guy for sure andMcLaren shouldnt be embarrassed that he had a draw with him but it seems like every time a leaf loses a fight that TieClark guy is spewing off some nonsense about it.

Toying with NHL enforcers gets you concussions and a short career. A player in his contract year who for once has stuck on an NHL roster isnt toying with anyone out there thats known as a fighter especially

Old
04-16-2013, 06:54 AM
TieClark

Quote:

For sure... I never meant to imply Drzynski wasn't a tough kid. I was simply using being knocked out cold as a situation of "humiliation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

Where either of them played has nothing to do with anything. It's fighting, not actual skill being used. He was playing around with him and it was quite obvious until Prust was able to pull him off balance and got the shots in while he was down. He got serious after then clearly but when a guy is smiling, relaxed and doesn't have a care in the world while you're fighting with him, he's toying with you. Muhammed Ali toyed with guys and he made it very obvious.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Epoch

Since Prust has fought Brown, Fraser, and now McLaren, I fully expect him to scrap Orr next. I can't wait.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:03 AM
TheAbominableSabres

vCash: 50
Ill give it a draw but I love Prusts' approach to this fight. McLaren is borderline unbeatable if he gets his jersey holding arm locked because they are so long and he can just proceed to tee off you ya. I like how Prust was just jerking at it and pulling him closer to get some shots in.

TheAbominableSabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Where either of them played has nothing to do with anything. It's fighting, not actual skill being used. He was playing around with him and it was quite obvious until Prust was able to pull him off balance and got the shots in while he was down. He got serious after then clearly but when a guy is smiling, relaxed and doesn't have a care in the world while you're fighting with him, he's toying with you. Muhammed Ali toyed with guys and he made it very obvious.
Keep telling yourself that. Where they played has a lot to do with it. You think McLaren who is finally getting an NHL pay cheque is going to go and just toy around with an established good fighter whose been in the league for years when McLaren is just finally making a name for himself? He was smiling for all of maybe 5 seconds before any punches were thrown. Actual skill isnt going to get McLaren anywhere, fighting is his skill

And while we're at it lets compare a guy who just fought to a draw with Prust to arguably the greatest heavyweight boxing champ of all time

Old
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
bud12

when a big heavyweight isn't able to beat a middleweight, yes, it's humiliating

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote