4/13 BOSTON BRUINS @ Carolina Hurricanes -Part 2

Old
04-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
I haven't read the threads. Have some really implied that Jagr wasn't living up expectations or are you making that up?
he's not making it up it was me. I am saying he is not living up to expectations as a finisher which was our #1 need at the deadline.

Is he playing great yes he is no argument from me there. He is just not finishing as I would like. I have been watching to many Bruins whe are "snakebitten" this year already. I expected Jagr to bury some pucks and so far he has not. So no he has not lived up to my expectations in that category....yet.

Wouldn't you know This makes me a Jagr hater and insane.

gotta love the current day HF. Used to be able to make points like this and have discussion about specific aspects of a players game. Now you try to do it and people freak out and do the "are you serious" or "you obviously don't watch the games" type comments.

Yes this place is going to hell in a handbasket.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
fair enough but again how many times this year before Jagr did we say it will come for the others because they were creating chances? Just seems like long term Bruins get no slack but Jagr gets tons.

kind of werid.
With all due respect you're really off IMO.
In all honesty, believe it or not, I'd be doing cartwheels if Looch or Horton or Krejci played like that over the last couple of games, regardless of their stats, even if they had no goals and two assists in 6.
He's looking much better out there than I expected, my only concern is his minutes are way up.

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Wtf is Caron and his 3 points doing on the PP. I don't care if its the fifth unit. Talk about no finishing ability...no set up ability either.
I thought the same thing at first, but honestly, he works hard for the puck and he battles out front...more than I can say for some players on the team. The other net front options aren't working at this point and have not produced on the powerplay all year long.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpie View Post
I didn't pay income tax this year, but I tried real hard to do my own returns. Surely the IRS understands that.
Is there someone on the other side actively trying to stop you from paying income taxes?

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:01 PM
jagrgodr

Could you imagine if Jagr had 2 goals like Scott wants? He would be at 3g 6a and 9 points for a 1.5 points per game.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:03 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
he's not making it up it was me. I am saying he is not living up to expectations as a finisher which was our #1 need at the deadline.

Is he playing great yes he is no argument from me there. He is just not finishing as I would like. I have been watching to many Bruins whe are "snakebitten" this year already. I expected Jagr to bury some pucks and so far he has not. So no he has not lived up to my expectations in that category....yet.

gotta love the current day HF. Used to be able to make points like this and have discussion about specific aspects of a players game. Now you try to do it and people freak out and do the "are you serious" or "you obviously don't watch the games" type comments.

Can you please refute this in the name of "proper discourse appropriate for the honorable HFBoards.com Message Board"?

You're disappointed that Jagr "isn't finishing."

Jagr is scoring over a PPG here since his arrival and is creating offense every time he has the puck, which in turn is leading to goals scored for the Bruins. Other players are "finishing" thanks to Jagr's phenomenal play.

Do you fail to see the disconnect here? This is why people (rightly) ask if "you even watched the games?"

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Can you please refute this in the name of "proper discourse?"

You're disappointed that Jagr "isn't finishing."

Jagr is scoring over a PPG here since his arrival and is creating offense every time he has the puck, which in turn is leading to goals scored for the Bruins. Other players are "finishing" thanks to Jagr's phenomenal play.

Do you fail to see the disconnect here? This is why people (rightly) ask if "you even watched the games?"
nope people say things like "you even watched the games" when they are trying to be the cool kid on the block not have a serious debate. So there is no rightly time to ask that question.

I want more pucks in the Back of the net from Jagr yup I do. crazy I know but I do see a differnce between assists and goals and so did everyone else at the trade deadline when everyone was saying we need a goal scorer not a playmaker. go back and read the threads im no kidding that's what everyone wanted.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:

Snakebitten Bruins? You mean those that missed chances during one game then disappear for a week?

Jagr arrived to help the PP no? Anything else is exceeding expectations.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
nope people say things like "you even watched the games" when they are trying to be the cool kid on the block not have a serious debate. So there is no rightly time to ask that question.

I want more pucks in the Back of the net from Jagr yup I do. crazy I know but I do see a differnce between assists and goals and so did everyone else at the trade deadline when everyone was saying we need a goal scorer not a playmaker. go back and read the threads im no kidding that's what everyone wanted.
So who do you want instead?

Jagr was the best available player and we got him haha. We weren't gonna get Pominville, and obviously Iginla didn't work out.

When life hands you an elite playmaker you accept that elite playmaker haha

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:15 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Jagr has never had a season where he has had more goals than assists.

He has obviously been a prolific goal scorer over the course of his career, but I don't think of him as an elite finisher or a sniper. He can do it, he has done it, he will do it, but his greatest assets as a player are his well rounded offensive game and his playmaking ability. He is going to create offense. He is going to finish for this team. He is going to make the players around him better. Overall, he is a plus for this team on the offensive side of the ice.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
So who do you want instead?

Jagr was the best available player and we got him haha. We weren't gonna get Pominville, and obviously Iginla didn't work out.

When life hands you an elite playmaker you accept that elite playmaker haha

Wherel did I say I wanted someone else instead????? please show me.

where did I say Jagr is not playing well? where did I say anything negitive about him other then he is not finishing as much as I would like because of the need of the team.

I haven't and I wont. I think he is playing great for the Bruins. I think he was the best player tonight. I just wish he would finish more because that was the Bruins biggest need period. I don't understand why a statment like that turns into an all out attack with crap comments like dont you watch the games.

It's a buch of BS and not even worth talking about anymore.

lets just stick to basic comments on the board now like.

Jagr played great best on the ice

Clode sucks

good try guys

trade lucic

that will just make this such a great place to talk hockey.

This place's GDT's used to be great now they are just painfull to be in.

I am out.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Mione134
Queen in the North

I just know that I no longer want to see Soupy with Jagr anymore. Jags should be playing with more talented people. I can't see why he's not with Krejci and Seguin. Give him players who have talent. Surround him with better players.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Pie O My

the scary thing is if they had gotten even half decent goaltending on monday we would be 0fer the week with these whalercane misfits.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:23 PM
AlpineLager
The way she *** goes

No one has the right to expect more from Jagr than he's delivered. He's played quite well. He was a monster tonight. Color me overly impressed. He makes everyone who plays with him better. How many points does Campbell have since he's played with him?

Love this guy. Always tappin guys on the pants after a shift. We're privileged to see him dawning the spoked B

AlpineLager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

You don't manage output you manage process. He is doing everything he needs to do to produce. If this keeps up the output will be there (goals).

You are so off on this discussion it is somewhat concerning.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Wherel did I say I wanted someone else instead????? please show me.

where did I say Jagr is not playing well? where did I say anything negitive about him other then he is not finishing as much as I would like because of the need of the team.

I haven't and I wont. I think he is playing great for the Bruins. I think he was the best player tonight. I just wish he would finish more because that was the Bruins biggest need period. I don't understand why a statment like that turns into an all out attack with crap comments like dont you watch the games.

It's a buch of BS and not even worth talking about anymore.

lets just stick to basic comments on the board now like.

Jagr played great best on the ice

Clode sucks

good try guys

trade lucic

I am out.
You're referencing the trade deadline threads saying that we all wanted a goal scorer, and instead ended up with Jagr... There was no other option after Iginla left.

Also I understood your comment, and while I disagree with the sentiment, I knew what you meant. A lot of people just blew it out of proportion.

The point being, we wanted a goal scorer, but got a play maker. And easily the best rental available at the TDL. Sometimes you just gotta take what you get. He will end up being a better player here than Iginla would have been, so whether its with goals or assists, I don't care. A goal scored by Jagr is just as valuable as a goal set up by Jagr.

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:25 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:

I am out.
maybe you shouldn't be in them then.

there's a signal to noise ratio on any message board. there's plenty of people here who know what they're talking about and there's plenty of trolls.

if you can't have a discussion without differentiating between the two that sounds like your problem.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
I just know that I no longer want to see Soupy with Jagr anymore. Jags should be playing with more talented people. I can't see why he's not with Krejci and Seguin. Give him players who have talent. Surround him with better players.
or at least get him away from Looch. hard to score goals when you're constantly hemmed in your own end because of Looch constantly coughing up the puck in the defensive zone.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Total domination by the Bruins tonight.

Peters top-5 save in the NHL all year on Jagr.

Rask with the ultimate softie on the winning goal.

To me, this loss is like the triple bogey by Tiger at the 15th yesterday. Could easily have been a birdie.

That's a 2pts that slipped away against a team the we should have beaten. No doubt. And 1st spot was for the taken with the Habs getting exposed as the fraud they are against the Leafs tonight.

But I'm more concern about Bergy+ Marchand health right now. If you said to me that they would be back healthy for the playoffs in exchange of a 0-7-0 record to close the season, I would sign in a second. Add in the Yeti and it's all that's important. Health going in.

If that happens, bring on anyone. We'll be more than very tough to beat by the same team 4 times out of 7.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
You don't manage output you manage process. He is doing everything he needs to do to produce. If this keeps up the output will be there (goals).

well played. gotta write that one down.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:31 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineLager View Post
No one has the right to expect more from Jagr than he's delivered. He's played quite well. He was a monster tonight. Color me overly impressed. He makes everyone who plays with him better. How many points does Campbell have since he's played with him?

Love this guy. Always tappin guys on the pants after a shift. We're privileged to see him dawning the spoked B
He has been such a treat to watch. Whatever ends up happening this season, his tenure in Boston will be one that I always remember as a Bruins fan and a hockey fan. I'm just trying to enjoy it while it lasts.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:32 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post

That is really a terrific way to put it.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Total domination by the Bruins tonight.

Peters top-5 save in the NHL all year on Jagr.

Rask with the ultimate softie on the winning goal.

To me, this loss is like the triple bogey by Tiger at the 15th yesterday. Could easily have been a birdie.

That's a 2pts that slipped away against a team the we should have beaten. No doubt. And 1st spot was for the taken with the Habs getting exposed as the fraud they are against the Leafs tonight.

But I'm more concern about Bergy+ Marchand health right now. If you said to me that they would be back healthy for the playoffs in exchange of a 0-7-0 record to close the season, I would sign in a second. Add in the Yeti and it's all that's important. Health going in.

If that happens, bring on anyone. We'll be more than very tough to beat by the same team 4 times out of 7.
we owe it to the Leafs for all we've put them through lately to win the division so they meet the scabs in the 1st round and give them the whuppin they deserve.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Mione134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
or at least get him away from Looch. hard to score goals when you're constantly hemmed in your own end because of Looch constantly coughing up the puck in the defensive zone.
Agreed.

This team would benefit from having Jagr playing with legit playmakers who can match his creativity. Lucic and Soup, god love em are not those people.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:37 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

it's hard to fault claude for that though, since as someone noted earlier, he can't push his only performing offensive players on one line since it'll make the rest of the nine forwards more invisible than they already are.

i don't disagree that guys like ference and campbell are not powerplay players but again, when your players like lucic and horton are not playing well, i think he's just sticking with players he sees effort from.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote