Notices

4/13 BOSTON BRUINS @ Carolina Hurricanes -Part 2

Old
04-14-2013, 01:30 AM
reffree

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
maybe you should read the thread. No one put the blame on Jagr. I questioned where is his finish and its turning into blaming him.

Not the same thing at all. He has been playing very well but he has beenplaying the role of playmaker. The one thing we all said this team needed at the deadline was someone with Finish and that is still missing.
To be fair it's not like Lucic or Campbell were any good as playmaker. His performance has been incredible considering the help he has. He's doing everything by himself at a level I didn't think he could still reach. I'm very impress.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

I find it hilarious that people all over the place are blaming Rask. Maybe this team should work more on board work, clearing their own zone and creating some transition offense.

and Seguin has have what? 3 goals in 3 games lets start him on the 3rd line again CJ

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:24 AM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Team desperately needs Bergeron back.

Last edited by JRull86: 04-14-2013 at 03:29 AM.
JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Madik77

I think the whole discussion about Jagr not being better finisher is odd.

Jagr came to new team and was asked to play some role... He was even asked to play with 4th liners and he did well. Almost every game he played with different linemates and he did well again. He was asked to run the PP from different spots than his standard "shooting" spot on the right side and he did well again!

If you want ANYONE to be great finisher you have to give him some tools - skilled player/passer who will open spots for the finisher to be able to go to real scoring chances not just some accidental shooting attempts. Jagr did not get these type of players so he adapted his game! Jagr is complete player who can score or be the playmaker. Now he tryes to be the one who holds the puck, draws attention of 2+ players and open space for his teammates. And, in my opinion, he did well again.

I bet when Jagr is put with DK or Bergeron as his centers he will score much more goals and his shooting % will increase. Right now I am very surprised that he is 1+ PPG player with players HE WAS ASKED to play and all the changes from game to game.

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:48 AM
JOKER 192
Risky Rask

Maybe Hamilton could have taken a few games of when Bergy, Marchand and Yeti join the team...... just a thought Clode ......WTF.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Bad loss for the Bruins. People need to stop to complain about Rask/Khudodin. These guys are busting their *** off between the pipes to keep this team afloat. It's highly abnormal that our goaltenders are left, high and dry, 2 periods out of 3, each and every night. I can tell you this: if the players on this team were willing to put the same energy in their game at the same level as our goaltenders, we wouldn't have discussions and threads about Lucic, defense or the PP.

The arrival of Soderberg will give options to Clode. First item on the list? The benching of Horton. We can't afford to have this guy on the ice since he's a total negative. He doesn't score, play bad defense and doesn't go to the contact. He's playing like a dancing fairy. We dont' need that on the roster. Old friend Lucic needs to sit as well. His game is far and away from what it should be. A 2-3 games rest is needed.

All in all, this team need to play better hockey in all three zones. They have to stop to give the puck away; especially in the O zone where the Bruins have the uncanned ability to create odd man rushed for the other team. It need to STOP and it need to stop NOW. Memo to all defensemans: It doesn't take a degree in engineering to clear the puck out of the zone. Stop making useless and soft passes in the middle of the ice and use the freaking glass. It's completly unacceptable to be stuck in our own end for 2-3 min because of stupid giveaways. We are spending way too much time and energy to recover from our defensive mistakes. That's the reason why we can't score: Our puck possession is weak.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:58 AM
bosbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Boston Bruins please do not sign RASK to a long term contract. They are going nowhere with him and his open net easy goals.

And please posters leave out his save pct, I could give a **** about the cherry shots. Even those he gives the opposing team second chances with his terrible rebound control.

With all the goalies in the system if he sucks in the playoff don't sign him long term.
Anyone else out there want to see Svedberg play one or two games this year?

bosbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:11 AM
pgm16

Even with the 2 losses, they have been much better. I liked what I saw even with the key injuries. Next 5 out of 7 at home....

pgm16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:26 AM
bosbruin

Good news on the horizon...

Here's some good news on the Bruins front. Starting next year the B's get to pay Lucic $6 mill a year. Isn't that awesome?

bosbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosbruin View Post
Here's some good news on the Bruins front. Starting next year the B's get to pay Lucic $6 mill a year. Isn't that awesome?
He need to fix his Defensive game. That's not his strenght but he can't giveaway the puck at this rate, all year long.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosbruin View Post
His $$ should have been status quo at the time of the signing. Yeah like I said!

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

16 hits.

That is all.

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Shaun
best poster alive

I'd rather stay in the 4 seed and play Toronto than get the Rangers with the 2 seed.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I'd rather stay in the 4 seed and play Toronto than get the Rangers with the 2 seed.
Isles are in 7th.

Yeti34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:21 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Toronto are 4 points back. We're close to losing home ice...

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:25 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Toronto are 4 points back. We're close to losing home ice...
5 isn`t it?

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Shaun
best poster alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Isles are in 7th.
i'm 95% sure the rangers will pass them

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:26 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
5 isn`t it?
Ah yes, 56-51 is indeed 5. Still at this point we have to start getting some wins. If the Leafs can beat up the habs, they can beat anyone in the East.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:28 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Ah yes, 56-51 is indeed 5. Still at this point we have to start getting some wins. If the Leafs can beat up the habs, they can beat anyone in the East.
For sure however, I`m torn about home ice, I don`t see it as being as big of an advantage as others feel it is

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
He won battles and set up Jags several times. Forgot a/b the goal. He's also playing w/ Campbell who hasn't thought a/b offense since bantams.

Is he the only forward who turns the puck over? When the B's send the puck up the boards, you have a pinching Dman right on our wing, w/ a backchecking forward taking away the seam nearly boxing them in. Paille coughed it up all night, Peverley, everyone. Half the time their only play is back to a Dman. Who find another way to cough it up. Like aerial passes against the boards no bruin has any chance of controlling.

Worse is when they reverse it hard around the opposite boards. As our wings standing in the box at the circle have even less chance to get to that puck before a pinching Dman does. Our turnovers go above and beyond Lucic. But hey, win a cup and you get pink hats flowing in here w/ all the answers.
For me, Lucic was under the microscope more then others just because of his recent play. I'm not saying everyone else is an angel compared him, absolutely not, but Lucic in general had a few turnovers that while they didn't turn to go goals, they were 3/2 on 1's with great opportunities, it was plain to see, and it's been a theme of his that past few weeks. You're right, Peverley has been incredibly soft the past few games, he's got no strength on the puck, and we could go on from there about Hortons dissapearing act or whatever, but I'll spare the negativity and the time.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with the pink hat comment there bud, and I won't take it as a direct attack from you and more to some others, but I've been here just like you have, and have been around to know what a real struggling Bruins team is like to watch . . . Paging Dave Lewis . . .

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:29 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
With winning the season series isn't it really a 6 point lead?

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

People saying IDK if the team can turn it around, fire claude, goaltending is questionable, please, just stop for everyones sanity.

In a week you'll see 2 new (QUALITY) chips back in the lineup in the return of Bergeron and the addition of Yeti. Hopefully, shortly there after we'll see Marchy back, and a healthy team heading into the cup.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:39 AM
doakacola*

[QUOTE=Bruins Stooge;63927901]For me, Lucic was under the microscope more then others just because of his recent play. I'm not saying everyone else is an angel compared him, absolutely not, but Lucic in general had a few turnovers that while they didn't turn to go goals, they were 3/2 on 1's with great opportunities, it was plain to see, and it's been a theme of his that past few weeks. You're right, Peverley has been incredibly soft the past few games, he's got no strength on the puck, and we could go on from there about Hortons dissapearing act or whatever, but I'll spare the negativity and the time.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with the pink hat comment there bud, and I won't take it as a direct attack from you and more to some others, but I've been here just like you have, and have been around to know what a real struggling Bruins team is like to watch . . . Paging Dave Lewis . . . [/QUOTE

Does Pevs have any kids? Maybe he has a sinus infection? How about he has a boo boo on his pinkie
finger that causes him to not be strong on his stick.

Seems to work for all the #17 fanboys. So is Lucic sucktitude ok compared to Peverly? Don't forget the Lucic doesnt make 6 mill till next year get out of jail free card also...almost forgot.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:56 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
People saying IDK if the team can turn it around, fire claude, goaltending is questionable, please, just stop for everyones sanity.

In a week you'll see 2 new (QUALITY) chips back in the lineup in the return of Bergeron and the addition of Yeti. Hopefully, shortly there after we'll see Marchy back, and a healthy team heading into the cup.
Hope so.
But our defense will still turn the puck over.
The bruins have looked slow and tired all season.
We will see. I said after the blown 2-0 lead to pitt we would struggle to play .500.
They are 9-8 since then, so I could def see tbis coming.

I would just rest guys after they clinch a spot. Who cares about home ice or who we play.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:07 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
For sure however, I`m torn about home ice, I don`t see it as being as big of an advantage as others feel it is
3 real losses at home this year, 8 real losses on the road. Small sample, but it's something.