4/13 BOSTON BRUINS @ Carolina Hurricanes -Part 2

Old
04-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Weren't you dogging him earlier in the week too? Come on, don't act like you don't have an axe to grind against Jagr for some stupid reason.

Jaromir Jagr has as many goals this season as any Bruin and has the proven track record to back up the idea that he's probably going to score some goals that don't get directed in off his skate at some point this year.
I have no issue with Jagr think he is one of the Best ever to play the game.

My issue is with the Love and protection he gets here when he has done nothing "as a Bruin" to earn it.

I don't care what he has done in the past (again I think he is one of the best ever) I care about what he is doing to fill the role we aquired him for. So far he has not done that.

no axe no issue just a fact. He is not scoring and thats what we needed at the deadline and why we got him.

Why is it no one can seperate this from him as a player in genearl.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

vCash: 500
I hate making excuses, but it's no doubt they are experiencing major fatigue. I know every team in the NHL has the same schedule, but it seems the Bruins got screwed in the very beginning. In the first 2 months of the season, they were far behind in the GP category, having many days off in between games. This made the Bruins to have to go on a rediculous stretch of back to back games and games every other night for the whole month of March and April. I hate making excuses, but I'm finally starting to see it. There is noticable fatigue in Chara, who is are best player (or at least should be). The trend is frightenening to me, as we could be burnt out by the playoffs. I hope not, hopefully they can get a couple of days off in for some of the guys who need it. The defense is looking awful, and I hate to say it. This team has been the best defensive team in all of hockey, but that hasn't been true lately. Teams have figured out how to crack the Bruins system, and it's working. They need to figure out to defend this agressive forecheck or they are SCREWED. Rask has been great, so no reason to blame him.

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
so now were counting goals that would have went in with Luck?

why does HOrton not get that stat. How many posts has he hit this year. Lets count them to because with a little luck they would have went in and he would be leading the NHL in goals.

Are you serious.
Yea man you are really out there on this.

Jagr probably had the best game tonight of any Bruins forward I've seen this year.

What you're basically saying is that Jagr would be doing his job if Peters didn't make that ridiculous glove save.

Horton doesn't get any support because he only tries half the time. He was skating hard for a while but now he's back in invisible mode.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Regarding Julien ,if we go out 1st round he damn well better be on the hot seat next year. Is there anybody out there who thinks this team has played well this season? We didn't play worth crap the last 3 months of last year either, no one is saying he is not a good coach, but NHL coaches have a shelf life and his could be expiring in Boston.Our defense looks nothing like our Cup winning team despite an upgrade from Kaberle to Hamilton, same players, looks to me like teams have figured out to play us and Julien can't or won't adjust.
Thats the players fault

maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

It's been a while we had lost a game like this totally outplaying the other team.

Too bad Rask got outplayed by Peters tonight allowing that ultimate softie on that questionable Kelly call penalty.

Jagr was awesome again and we were one top-5 save all season in the NHL by Peters to see our first salute. That would have given the lead too.

All in all, great game. Imagine with a full lineup adding Bergy+Marchand+Hamilton+Yeti going in the playoffs.

This team will be fun to watch and hard to beat.

Bring on anyone.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:

My issue is with the Love and protection he gets here when he has done nothing "as a Bruin" to earn it.

I don't care what he has done in the past (again I think he is one of the best ever) I care about what he is doing to fill the role we aquired him for. So far he has not done that.

no axe no issue just a fact. He is not scoring and thats what we needed at the deadline and why we got him.

Why do you care if he's the one putting the puck in the net or not? The fact is the Bruins are scoring goals when he's on the ice. Isn't that all that matters, and the real reason why he was acquired? To make the Bruins better offensively (which he has, inarguably).

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Wow. Surprised how far off you are on this. He's played 6 games and has over ppg, including a goal. He's the best player on the ice since he got here, and we're ready to run him out of town for getting robbed a couple times tonight?

How long did it take for Pevs and Kelly to click?

Out of all the ? We have on this team right now Jagrs finishing ability should be on the bottom of all our lists.

Edit: just read your last post... Patience the goals will come. He still has an elite shot, and sniping ability.

Jagr does have 15 goals this year, but he was billed as a set up man by many of the Dallas fans.
again I don't care how many assists he has. We needed a goal scoerer and thats why we traded for him. He is not doing it.

We didn't need another set up man we needed a finisher. He had goals with Dallas yes but I only care what he is doing for the Bruins.

point per game great love it but I want more goals out of him or the Bruins are going nowhere and the bottom line for me is how far the Bruins go. That is more important then any single players stats.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:46 PM
jagrgodr

i actually expected jagr to have a massive bunch of assists. He came to the bruins with more goals than assists, something that is very strange for Jagr. The reason for that was because there were no goal scorers on Dallas, so he had to figure out ways to score on his own. He is probably trying to setup other people mainly now, but you can see him start to shoot more, especially tonight. He is figuring out this team and the players abilities that he is working with, it's only been a few games and he has been paired with a bunch of different people.

Honestly though, expecting a 41 year old to finish more after just joining the team is a bit ridiculous, especially when he has been over a point per game and been by far the best offensive player, taking up the most TOI with a lot of players the fans are complaining about. I would say he is doing an amazing job here, better then i imagined.

Anyways besides that, i think this was one of Jagr's best games, he was a part of probably 10 scoring chances and looked unstoppable on the puck. I can't wait for the next games with Bergeron back.

jagrgodr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:47 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
I hope your right. My only issue is that he was brought in to do what our other guys were not and that is finishing.

Was he the best player tonight hell yes no argument from me. But we brought him in to fill a specific roll we were missing. And so far we are still missing it.
I think we can both agree that he does have the ability to finish. Has he done it in a Bruins uniform to this point? No. But his game is about making those around him better and creating offense in general. He has been in on a lot of goals since he has been here...he has also created chances for other guys and they have not finished. I would like to see him playing with some better players. On the powerplay, when he got robbed, he was set up by Krejci. He was also set up by Seguin on the powerplay as well. He should be playing with one of those players. Lucic and Campbell have not done a lot to facilitate his offense or set him up. Most of the chances he gets are created by himself. He is having to work real hard for his chances. If he kept getting chances like he got from Krejci and Seguin, he would be finding the back of the net. I'm really not worried about him, and I have loved what he has brought to the team so far.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
again I don't care how many assists he has. We needed a goal scoerer and thats why we traded for him. He is not doing it.

We didn't need another set up man we needed a finisher. He had goals with Dallas yes but I only care what he is doing for the Bruins.

point per game great love it but I want more goals out of him or the Bruins are going nowhere and the bottom line for me is how far the Bruins go. That is more important then any single players stats.
Doesn't an assist mean that someone else is scoring a goal? haha

Sure, I guess there are more assists than goals, but really I am not going to complain about how he is creating points. There really weren't any better options Scott

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Jagr is generating more goals for the Bruins but Jagr "isn't finishing" therefore he's not living up to expectations.
why is that funny?

Thats exactly right.

we got him to finish and he is not finishing so he is not living up to expectations.

really not that hard.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:48 PM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:

In the past? Is this real life?

Jagr was the best player out there. He is so much better than any other bruin that is not even funny.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:48 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:

if only jagr read hfboards so he could see what scotto74 expects of him.

the bruins acquired one of the best offensive talents of his generation...and promptly lost two of their top six forwards shortly after. jagr is busy setting up chances for gregory campbell and seemingly being the only forward on the ice capable of sustaining offensive pressure and getting shots on goal.

tell us again how much you love and respect jagr so that you can complain that he's not finishing. without him tonight, they don't score the first goal, they don't have any powerplay pressure and they don't have those few chances late. he was the best player on the ice in a white jersey tonight, by far. to take him to task for not fulfilling the team's need at the deadline is just silly. he's fulfilling the need for an offense right now.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Read my last post patience man patience. He still has the elite finishing ability. Just give him some time to click. If he didn't get robbed tonight this we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.

He was billed as a playmaker that could finish. Read some of what the stars fans have to say about him. Tough to ask a guy with 15 goals, and who's only played 6 games for us for much more.
I hear you man but we only have 8 games left so there is not much room for patience. No need for me to ask others about Jagr been watching him since he came into the NHL.

Guy is awesome for sure he is just not currently fililng the role the Bruins got him for thats all.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:49 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
In the past? Is this real life?

Jagr was the best player out there. He is so much better than any other bruin that is not even funny.
No joke, Jagr played the best game tonight I've seen from a Bruins forward in a long, long time. I can't remember the last game where this team had a forward that dominant in the offensive zone all night.

I've said it before, but can you imagine if the B's had a guy like him in their prime? Man wouldn't that be something to watch...

Old
04-13-2013, 09:50 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Jagr is a beast. If he's that strong on the puck every game the Bruins will go deep in the playoffs.

BruinsBtn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Scott I think you are way off here. Jagr has been fantastic IMO. The goals will come. He is constantly creating chances.
fair enough but again how many times this year before Jagr did we say it will come for the others because they were creating chances? Just seems like long term Bruins get no slack but Jagr gets tons.

kind of werid.

Old
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Yea man you are really out there on this.

Jagr probably had the best game tonight of any Bruins forward I've seen this year.

What you're basically saying is that Jagr would be doing his job if Peters didn't make that ridiculous glove save.

Horton doesn't get any support because he only tries half the time. He was skating hard for a while but now he's back in invisible mode.
Jagr creates more chances standing still than any player we've had in 20 years. His problem right now is; we're way over using him and he's running out of gas. CJ double shifted him last game. The dude is 41 years old.

Would life be easier on him if CJ just put a single complete scoring line together? Christ, man.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Yeti34

Wtf is Caron and his 3 points doing on the PP. I don't care if its the fifth unit. Talk about no finishing ability...no set up ability either.

Yeti34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Jagr is generating more goals for the Bruins but Jagr "isn't finishing" therefore he's not living up to expectations.
I haven't read the threads. Have some really implied that Jagr wasn't living up expectations or are you making that up?

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
fair enough but again how many times this year before Jagr did we say it will come for the others because they were creating chances? Just seems like long term Bruins get no slack but Jagr gets tons.

kind of werid.
He ppg and has only played 6. If any player is ppg they will get slack. If he stops producing points for the next 20 something games like Lucic he'll get the same crap. Not only that, but he is creating chances every shift. He is our best offensive player right now.

But for now he hasn't even had time to adjust. He plays with new line mates every night. Give the guy a break.

Yeti34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:54 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
I haven't read the threads. Have some really implied that Jagr wasn't living up expectations or are you making that up?
Only one person apparently feels that way, but yes this is a real thing.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:55 PM
EastCoastNiner

Ahhh, it's nice to see the fire Claude and Rask high glove side crews are out in full force tonight..

I can't wait for you to eat crow, but when you do you'll claim you never had those views.

On Jagr, he's been the best forward since he's joined this team. I don't have a problem with him at all. I think there is a difference between saying he's not "scoring" and he's not "finishing".

He's not scoring goals right now, but that's because he's dishing the puck and setting up others with great opportunities that have not been converted.

I view not "finishing" as someone like Peverley who gets his quality shots, but can't put the puck in the net most of the time. There's a big difference between the two.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Censored23

Damnit, Boston...we gifted one to you tonight by beating the crybabies. Oh well, still 7 games to go. Guess we'll just have to beat the smurfs again on the 27th.

Censored23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:

kind of werid.
He's the new toy, and people are excited to have him on the team, so they are going to "cut him some slack," but there really isn't any need to cut him the slack. He is playing great. It's easy to say, "it will come," when you see a guy getting the chances and playing at a high level. Other guys, like Lucic or Horton, have gone through long stretches where they have not been scoring or even getting the opportunities, or even putting forth much of an effort for that matter. The guy has been here for two weeks and he has played well, I don't think there is much need to get on him at this point. If/when he deserves criticism, I'm sure this board will give it to him.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote