HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

this is the pgt

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Ridiculous. Bouillon has been solid all year.

He's just being overplayed and overmatched at the moment. But he looks fine on the 3rd pair.

The DD and Bouillon hate is annoying but not surprising.
Well DD is more understandable. But Bouillon? At worst, we could say he's not a top 4 D and not a PP player...but how the heck is that his fault? He does his job adequately.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Syn3rgetic
Boats the Burn

vCash: 500
You guys can't complain. You're way ahead in the standings. The NE is the best division in hockey at the moment. Too bad it's not gonna be here next year.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn3rgetic View Post
You guys can't complain. You're way ahead in the standings. The NE is the best division in hockey at the moment. Too bad it's not gonna be here next year.
First off, telling Habs fans they can't complain is....well, ridiculous. It's what we do.

Second, 6 points ahead of the Leafs with another game in your barn, ain't "way ahead".

Old
04-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
I remember at the start of the season coachs saying to the rookies that they have to earn the respect of the veterans on this team to be able to make it.

When i saw tonight Gally played and saw all of those vets played, i asked myself who is the guys who as proving they really earned their spot in this league.

That game was horrific demonstration by those vets.

The only guy on our attack i saw tonight showing was Brendan. That's it.
Not his biggest fan but a guy like Clowe would have never accepted to see Eller and Gallagher get hit like that. So I still hope MB goes after him this summer. Sometimes we need players that arent the smartest or borderline a bit crazy to make the opponent pay when they take liberty on our players.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Syn3rgetic
Boats the Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
First off, telling Habs fans they can't complain is....well, ridiculous. It's what we do.

Second, 6 points ahead of the Leafs with another game in your barn, ain't "way ahead".
6 points means we have to win 3 in a row, without even letting you guys lose one in OT.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
6 points means we have to win 3 in a row, without even letting you guys lose one in OT.
Pretty confident that MTL wins the division and TOR finishes 5th. Which is good for them after a long slump and unreal for MTL who finished 15th last season.

I'm predicting:

MTL vs. OTT
TOR vs. BOS

Old
04-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
With 7 games to play...you need to go 6-1, and the Habs go 3-4.

Certainly in the realm of possibility...since the Habs still play, the Pens, the Caps and you guys again.

Again, not what I would call way ahead.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Syn3rgetic
Boats the Burn

My dream would be to win the division and let you guys play Boston, while we can put on another thumping on the Sens.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Not his biggest fan but a guy like Clowe would have never accepted to see Eller and Gallagher get hit like that. So I still hope MB goes after him this summer. Sometimes we need players that arent the smartest or borderline a bit crazy to make the opponent pay when they take liberty on our players.
Which I thought was what Prust brought to the table, since he led the league in fights last year.

He's been calmed down considerably.....hope he's not on the road to Moen.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:41 PM
con310*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
You seem to be trying very hard to deny the avalanche of silliness on the Leafs board. It's right there, a click away. An overcrowded, loud anthill of Hab-hate that contradicts what you're saying.

You seem a bit embarrassed by the vibe over there, which is understandable. But pretending it doesn't exist won't score you any debating points.
I understand your probably already in a bad mood but you don't get so defensive when all I have done is point out the truth.

All you have to do is read this thread and you will see the lopsided hatred towards the leafs which is fine given the circumstances you don't need to go making up excuses for some rivalry that is non existent.

You seem be very insecure right now so I'm not trying to push you or anything just pointing the truth out.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

If I was a coach of the Habs, I would probably punch Moen in the face. I'm not kidding. He represents the complete opposite of team spirit. I knew that. Why didn't MB know that?

Old
04-13-2013, 11:46 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
My point was not about retaliation thing, i was thinking at the general team effort. But i agree that we have a lack of toughness.

Last edited by KerryFraser: 04-13-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old
04-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Didn't watch the 3rd period

Zero Dark Thirty

Old
04-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post
I understand your probably already in a bad mood but you don't get so defensive when all I have done is point out the truth.

All you have to do is read this thread and you will see the lopsided hatred towards the leafs which is fine given the circumstances you don't need to go making up excuses for some rivalry that is non existent.

You seem be very insecure right now so I'm not trying to push you or anything just pointing the truth out.
You do realize people here are MTL fans (fanatics) and the team just lost 5-1 to the team you cheer for, right? Perhaps right after the game isn't the appropriate time to come in here and "point out the truth" if you do not want attitude in return. Sometimes its about context and situational recognition, and you are lacking it at this time.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post

If you want to see hate, then just imagine if the Bruins would have won 5-1, you would read things that would make your eyes bleed.

BTW, Leaf fans haven't even seen HD playoff hockey, yet....so you know.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:51 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
If I was a coach of the Habs, I would probably punch Moen in the face. I'm not kidding. He represents the complete opposite of team spirit. I knew that. Why didn't MB know that?
Well, all things considered, Moen was pretty decent last year (and the years before that). He was hitting regularly, fighting and even scoring when needed.

... he then signed a new contract and the rest is history.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Well, all things considered, Moen was pretty decent last year (and the years before that).

... he then proceeded to sign a new contract...
Should have traded his ass last year while he worth something.

You could package him and Gionta in the summer for an 8th round pick, if you're lucky.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Well, all things considered, Moen was pretty decent last year (and the years before that).

... he then proceeded to sign a new contract...
He played well when Martin used him on the first two lines to add some size. Maybe he is just mad at his change of role, given that Prust is doing that now?

Nevertheless he was never the most courageous guy, never defended his teamates. His fights have always been pointless.

Old
coolasprICE

MIA: Travis Moen. Stealing a roster spot. Needs popcorn.

He is MIA, haven't seen him play this soft since he's been on the team. He looks dazed and confused. With Emelin done our so called ''physical players'' need to pick up their slack. He should be the 1st one to step-up. But he's not, and he hasn't all year.

I have faith in a possible turn around but Therrien hasn't got the best out of him. Why is it that he's getting all this preferential treatment? If he was a call-up, he'd be sent back down many games ago. Time for him to sit a few games out and reflect.

Old
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Exactly. I feel ill watching Prust play his heart out with his shoulder on the verge of giving out while all-star Moen skates around like a princess collecting his unearned paycheck. A complete disgrace to the jersey and a complete passenger on this team. I really wouldn't care if Moen was hit by a car after this gutless season... atleast it would save us a roster spot and some cap.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:56 PM
DAChampion

Could be a long term aftdrshock of last season's concussion.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Could be a long term aftdrshock of last season's concussion.
He could just need to be parked in the pressbox for a while so that he can find the will to play. Sit him down and say, this is what we need from you and until you're ready to give it to us take this deck of cards and meet Kaberle upstairs.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:24 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
White > Moen. Don't care if White made a few mistakes, he is a better player overall, there is no question.

Winning is not the #1 thing. They want to win THEIR way.....even if it means they're handicapping themselves.
Old
04-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
for real though, whose dick ya gotta suck to get a win against the leafs. i usually don't rewatch bad movies 30 times, it's getting old.
Probably a mod's. Good luck with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
The reason I point up Prices mistake and bad game is because I try to make other people see what I see.

It's not true that a bad game make up for 3 good games and if that would be the case I wouldn't blame Price.

But for Price the good game becomes the exception. Price's patern is a little like that:

Average, Average, Average, Bad, Good, Horrible ....

The team plays well in front of him so this year he's winning most of the average one.

And some odd game he'll play average and his team will play very good and he'll allow a bad goal that'll cost us the game.

I think he's just not the kind of goalie that'll transform a bad team into an average one or an average team into a good. He's just gonna make his team exactly what they are.
Go away. You have no idea what you're talking about. Quit smoking the funny stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well DD is more understandable. But Bouillon? At worst, we could say he's not a top 4 D and not a PP player...but how the heck is that his fault? He does his job adequately.
Bouillon has been great. I've always liked him. Good solid 3rd pairing guy who's tough and stands up for his mates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Pretty confident that MTL wins the division and TOR finishes 5th. Which is good for them after a long slump and unreal for MTL who finished 15th last season.

I'm predicting:

MTL vs. OTT
TOR vs. BOS
Ottawa would be good. Anderson is scary though. I think we match up really well with Boston and the Rangers. Islanders have given us trouble but we should be able to take them.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:32 AM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
White > Moen. Don't care if White made a few mistakes, he is a better player overall, there is no question.
And while he's been told to calm down, White wouldn't have let those hits go unpunished... I don't know what is Moen's problem, but he sure ain't helping the team right now, not even giving a ****ing bodycheck, chasing after the puck in a losing case is very lazy...

Closed Thread