HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

this is the pgt

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

vCash: 50
Good teams beat bad teams. More at 6. Leafs fans are clueless.

The only teams weve had trouble this year are buf, nyi, pit and tor. Only tor is overly tough on that list.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Nom de Guerre
You Had ONE JOB

vCash: 500
I'm not even mad. Loosing to the Leafs is like loosing to Florida or the Islanders. Not a big deal.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:12 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
I don't usually boame the goaltending, but the second and third goals were saveable...
Absolutely.

I'm as big of a Price supporter as they come.. but even I was screaming at the T.V. to get him out of there after the 2nd goal. They didn't and he let in another bad one right after and we were dead in the water. Of course, Budaj was victimized by another bad goal but that was more Bouillon's fault (as was the first one by taking a dumb penalty off the bat).

Basically, this was the worst game of Carey Price's career without a doubt and it didn't even last 10 minutes.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:14 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
Good teams beat bad teams. More at 6. Leafs fans are clueless.

The only teams weve had trouble this year are buf, nyi, pit and tor. Only tor is overly tough on that list.
And even they are not tough.. they won the game on 4 goals on 5 shots. Their incredible luck with shooting % this season will dry up in the play-offs.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Obviously you didn't read my other post. The habs have more points because they beat the weak teams like Carolina.

Playoff history is repleat with regular season champions that fail in the playoffs.

You dominate Boston because Chara struggles against small agile forwards. They are your best playoff matchup.

No poking here. I'm observing the weaknesses in your team which should have been addressed by your management months ago.
Ah - some legit points. Much better.

Of course Habs beat weaker teams. Stronger teams are supposed to beat weaker teams. And let's be blunt: When you're 2nd in the EC, all teams are considered weaker, except one.

But the reality is that stronger teams also lose to weaker teams. Again - Leafs have a losing record against Carolina. Does that expose Toronto's weakness? Does it say that Toronto is a weaker team than Carolina, or that sometimes, for whatever reason, the weaker team wins. Matchups are weird things. As you said, Montreal matches up well against Boston, worse against Toronto, while Toronto matches up worse against Boston. Kinda makes no sense.

And you're right that the playoffs are a whole different species. Regular season results get tossed and the slate is clean. For that very reason, the Leafs/Habs regular season becomes irrelevant if the two teams meet. That's not saying Montreal doesn't have work to do. But that work is well underway. We're just so far ahead of schedule that everyone assumes we're already in full Cup-mode. We're not. Our GM refused to grab any big rentals at the trade deadline because he knows this team is still solidifying its foundation. We need a better balance of size and skill - no surprise to anyone. But with our toughest D injured, a 6'5" rookie D almost ready for prime time, more skilled prospects and plenty of cap space for UFAs or a trade, Habs are moving in the right direction. Based on the standings, it looks like we're already there, which is impressive considering this is a team under construction.

As for Toronto, they've obviously made a huge leap forward, but success is an even newer experience for them. Obvious questions surround their D and goaltending, but I think it's fair to reserve judgment for better or worse until the playoffs.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:27 AM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Both teams were awful last year, but have turned it around and it's good for hockey in Canada. Hope we meet in the playoffs at some point, as it will be an intense, hard fought series, that should have everyone on the edge of their seats.

It's been way too long since these teams met in the playoffs and win or lose, I am really looking forward to the possibility.

Old
Habs

Whatever the reason, the excuses etc, this team has a hard time against Toronto and it really looks mental more than anything. They look scared, tentative ... its sickening.

Old
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
The Habs have matched up poorly with the Leafs for years, even when the Leafs were bottom dwellers and the Habs were a playoff team. Since the last lockout the Leafs are one of the teams with a winning record against us.

I attribute it mostly to the fact the Leafs always up the ante against us while the Habs usually keep that extra notch for the Bruins. That needs to change if we are going to have success against the Leafs. Gallagher needs to punch Kadri square in the nose too.
But why do we need to up the ante and see this as more than what it is ? The laffs have been irrelevant for a long long time now.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:28 AM
sampollock

thing is, price stunk and the is for sure,

but.....the 20 guys in frt of him sucked, how can the whole team suck at once??

DD and Gionta should not be on the top 2 lines, they are giving nothing to this team right now.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:31 AM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Whatever the reason, the excuses etc, this team has a hard time against Toronto and it really looks mental more than anything. They look scared, tentative ... its sickening.
Why do people make this into something more than it is. They got really lucky. 4 goals on 5 shots common... when does this happen ?

It's not because we were playing tentative it's because they got a healthy dose of luck and our goaltenders sucked ass.

The rest of the game is an aberration resulting from the early score and players not wanting to take a beating for a lost game.

You people just read way too much into this because you hate the leafs so much. I personally don't find them relevant at all and am not so bothered when we lose against them. I save that for the ****in' ruins who are actually relevant.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:35 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
thing is, price stunk and the is for sure,

but.....the 20 guys in frt of him sucked, how can the whole team suck at once??

DD and Gionta should not be on the top 2 lines, they are giving nothing to this team right now.
They shouldn't be on the PP.. and losing Emelin sucks. We can't have Bouillon playing top pairing minutes. Guy can't keep his stick off of harmless shots. He scores more goals against than he does for us.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They shouldn't be on the PP.. and losing Emelin sucks. We can't have Bouillon playing top pairing minutes. Guy can't keep his stick off of harmless shots. He scores more goals against than he does for us.
So true. We need Diaz back so bad.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Why do people make this into something more than it is. They got really lucky. 4 goals on 5 shots common... when does this happen ?

Because we always are looking for, and finding, excuses ...against certain teams, and I'm tired of it.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
The torch is passed with pride, Toronto. It's a big day for your team. Congratulations!

that is hilarious. but hey leafs have sucked for so long we're starved for something to cheer about. hope to see you inn the post season. good luck the rest of the way until then.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Hugo Sham

it might be uncomfortable to talk about, but we don't match up well with the Leafs until proven otherwise. psychological? maybe. BUT they have good team speed that matches up with us AND a physicality that gets us off our game. and that's that

they're even dirtier than the Bruins AND they have more speed. Bergevin will have to figure out a way to neutralize this

Old
04-14-2013, 10:48 AM
coolasprICE

We played horrible and understandingly so, we clinched the game before. It had all the makings of a let down game + Leafs wanted it more.

The players looked like they just weren't into the game. We don't need to be convinced that they will show up if it was the PO. We know they would.

Yes Price let in bad goals but it was a carry over effect of energy. I don't think anyone played a good game.

The only thing really that concerns me is our lack of 4th line. MOEN is MIA.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Trollmarov View Post
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere yesterday the Habs have a losing record vs NE (mostly the strongest teams) and a winning record (9-0-2 or something like that) vs South East. I don't have time to confirm this, but I am sure someone here has the info at their fingertips.

Anyways PO's is a new season, we only have the RS to base opinion on, but anything can happen in PO's, 8th pace could roll Pitt in 4 for all we know.
Won 3/4 vs the Bruins and 2/4 versus the Sens.
Lost 3/5 vs the Sabres and 3/4 versus the Leafs.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Et le But

I still don't understand how letting in 4 goals on 5 shots has anything to do with toughness.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:59 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I still don't understand how letting in 4 goals on 5 shots has anything to do with toughness.
It's all about the mental toughness.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
it might be uncomfortable to talk about, but we don't match up well with the Leafs until proven otherwise. psychological? maybe. BUT they have good team speed that matches up with us AND a physicality that gets us off our game. and that's that

they're even dirtier than the Bruins AND they have more speed. Bergevin will have to figure out a way to neutralize this
Bergevin does't have any card in his hand to neutralize that. He missed the boat at trade deadline. Yes, draft picks are precious but not as precious as solidifying your team for a playoffs run.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:09 AM
ChuckieG

Price has about 7 games to find his game before the PO. Therrien has about 7 games to find line combinations that work FOR EVERYONE. The team has about 7 games to get the s*** together.

Oh and I honestly think the loss of Alexei Emelin is being grossly downplayed. Our d corpse looks weak, lost and ineffective without him. Beaulieu can't fill in his shoes and at this point I think Tinordi would be the better fit. We need a shutdown guy.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:10 AM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And even they are not tough.. they won the game on 4 goals on 5 shots. Their incredible luck with shooting % this season will dry up in the play-offs.
While I don't disagree with your premise, picking the playoffs for their luck to turn seems pretty arbitrary.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Habs came to play, just one of those games where Price wasn't ready. Even early in the 2nd they were grinding it out before the D started to pinch too ridiculously.

Hopefully the Habs finally change powerplay personnel. The illusion of it being good is quickly fading, 2 short handed goals in 2 games now.

I also don't understand why Ryder and Plekanec were separated so easily yet Pacioretty, Desharnais, and Gallagher are joined at the hip. Hopefully Diaz comes back soon.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Boullion - Drewiske

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
While I don't disagree with your premise, picking the playoffs for their luck to turn seems pretty arbitrary.
Perhaps overconfidence in continuing the %s throughout the series? Leafs as a team have by far the highest shooting% recorded since the lockout.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 04-14-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old
04-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Franck
En enda känsla...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieG View Post
Price has about 7 games to find his game before the PO. Therrien has about 7 games to find line combinations that work FOR EVERYONE. The team has about 7 games to get the s*** together.

Oh and I honestly think the loss of Alexei Emelin is being grossly downplayed. Our d corpse looks weak, lost and ineffective without him. Beaulieu can't fill in his shoes and at this point I think Tinordi would be the better fit. We need a shutdown guy.
Hey man, that's a little harsh! Say what you want about our defence, but at least they have a pulse!

Old
04-14-2013, 11:25 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Bergevin does't have any card in his hand to neutralize that. He missed the boat at trade deadline. Yes, draft picks are precious but not as precious as solidifying your team for a playoffs run.
What are you talking about? Our team is solid enough as is. Please enlighten me, who should we have traded for at the deadline?

Closed Thread