HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

this is the pgt

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Habs came to play, just one of those games where Price wasn't ready. Even early in the 2nd they were grinding it out before the D started to pinch too ridiculously.

Hopefully the Habs finally change powerplay personnel. The illusion of it being good is quickly fading, 2 short handed goals in 2 games now.

I also don't understand why Ryder and Plekanec were separated so easily yet Pacioretty, Desharnais, and Gallagher are joined at the hip. Hopefully Diaz comes back soon.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Boullion - Drewiske
I would keep DD with Pacioretty, Plekanec with Ryder.

Ryder/Gallagher - Plekanec - Ryder/Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Moen - Halpern - Prust

Old
04-14-2013, 10:28 AM
poetryinmotion

First time in forever I turned it off after the first.

ouatte da phoque

And I love Price but damn, son.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
thing is, price stunk and the is for sure,

but.....the 20 guys in frt of him sucked, how can the whole team suck at once??

DD and Gionta should not be on the top 2 lines, they are giving nothing to this team right now.
How did the whole team in front suck ? They limited the Leafs to 5 shots through 25 minutes of the game.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:38 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I would keep DD with Pacioretty, Plekanec with Ryder.

Ryder/Gallagher - Plekanec - Ryder/Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Moen - Halpern - Prust
This is just getting tiresome, we have to change the lineup. It's clear that DD and Pacioretty aren't playing well together. They shouldn't be untouchable just because of what they did last year.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Dekar

I'm okay with getting blown out once in awhile, and it softens the blow when the fact is we weren't really outplayed last night like we were in the 6-0 loss.

What grinds my gears is why did it have to be against one of our two gigantic rivals again? Couldn't we just save the blowouts for teams that don't care about us enough to gloat like this? The Lightning, the Senators, the Panthers? One blowout loss to Toronto or Boston is like 10 losses to me.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:48 AM
cheeeko

Leafs fan coming in peace

Obviously the final score didn't reflect the actual game that was played, lucky bounces found the back of the net and price was just off. I would love to see a playoff series with both teams on their game, would be incredible. Gallagher is awesome btw, what a player he's gonna be.

See ya in a couple weeks!

Old
04-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
I'm okay with getting blown out once in awhile, and it softens the blow when the fact is we weren't really outplayed last night like we were in the 6-0 loss.

What grinds my gears is why did it have to be against one of our two gigantic rivals again? Couldn't we just save the blowouts for teams that don't care about us enough to gloat like this? The Lightning, the Senators, the Panthers? One blowout loss to Toronto or Boston is like 10 losses to me.
I feel the same. I hate them so much: the teams as well as their fan base. And being broadcasted a Saturday night coast to coast, makes it even more painful.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:02 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
But why do we need to up the ante and see this as more than what it is ? The laffs have been irrelevant for a long long time now.
They play against us like we play against the Bruins. 110% 100% of the time. Non-stop. They want to humiliate us and it shows. The Habs show up against the Leafs like the games don't matter, like they are playing the Panthers. No hatred is shown by Habs players, and there hasn't been since Sergei Kostitsyn has been gone.

It sucks losing to the Leafs, big time. Especially for people like me living in Ontario. The fans act like they've just won the Stanley cup, every single time.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
They play against us like we play against the Bruins. 110% 100% of the time. Non-stop. They want to humiliate us and it shows. The Habs show up against the Leafs like the games don't matter, like they are playing the Panthers. No hatred is shown by Habs players, and there hasn't been since Sergei Kostitsyn has been gone.

It sucks losing to the Leafs, big time. Especially for people like me living in Ontario. The fans act like they've just won the Stanley cup, every single time.
Beating the Habs and the Sens makes their day. Pitiful.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:10 AM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Beating the Habs and the Sens makes their day. Pitiful.
Oh be quiet. This is what rivalries are. If the score was reversed Habs fans would be on cloud nine.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:19 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Disappointing game for sure but not about to commit suicide over it. Just as one good game does not make a season, neither does one bad one. The good side is that Boston also lost so the team is still in first.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Oh be quiet. This is what rivalries are. If the score was reversed Habs fans would be on cloud nine.
Never as high as the Leafs fans are right now.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
There was still 50 minutes left in the game. It was far from over but the habs were physically dominated and had no push back. No sign of either mental or physical toughness.

The leafs have some swagger and it's reflected in the score.

IMO Pitts, Bos and Tor are the best in the east but Boston is lacking offense without Bergeron.
It was far from over and the comeback looked to be on after they made it 3-1 and Markov hit the post almost making it 3-2. Then the next shot the leafs direct at the net in the few times they had control of the puck in the 1st with no Leafs in front gets tipped in by the Habs own D to make it 4-1. Physically dominated that puck into the net. Swaggered it home.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Exactly, because the leafs don't matter.

Quote:
Well I live in Québec and no one gives a rat's ass about the laffs here, you should move here !

Old
04-14-2013, 12:07 PM
sheed36

Quote:

That's how I view Habs games against the Leafs.. It's just another regular season game to me now and has very little meaning win or lose.. It's like the Leafs, the Toronto media, and their fans still think of the Habs has their most hated rival but IMO most Hab fans don't see the Leafs as such anymore. I know I don't anyway.

The Habs and Bruins have remained bitter rivals for years and continue to be. The rivalry with the Leafs though has fizzled out and can't come close to matching the rivalry between what the Habs and Bruins have. Maybe a couple of playoff matchups with the Leafs can restore some of that rivalry for the Habs again but IMO right now only one side see's it as a rivalry while the other team seems to see it as just another game.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:10 PM
FinnHab

Cant win every game, Habs will bounce back.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Halifaxhab*

The last game when the habs won, litterally every leaf fan in my office called in sick the next workday and didnt say a word about hockey for a week. When they win though...absolutely insufferable, a poke here and there on breaks is fine, but constant and interupting me while working kind of stuff. When we win, I give a wink and a smile and at lunch give a big long sigh and comment how quiet things are.

But, at least they arent like bruin fans

Old
04-14-2013, 12:14 PM
con310*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Never as high as the Leafs fans are right now.
Actually a lot higher.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeeko View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace

Obviously the final score didn't reflect the actual game that was played, lucky bounces found the back of the net and price was just off. I would love to see a playoff series with both teams on their game, would be incredible. Gallagher is awesome btw, what a player he's gonna be.

See ya in a couple weeks!
Thanks. Leafs have come roaring back this season and look good for the playoffs. The long-time fans deserve it.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Doc McKenna

Meh I live in ontario and Leafs fans think there is a rivalry, even if most of my hab fans don't so much. But their fans are as annoying as hell. We don't get up for the game it is all a CBC hype show. Even when our players are interviewed it doesn't sound like they believe it is anything like bruins, philly or the rags. Hard to have a major hate for a team that had two lockouts happen between their playoff appearances. Though I was rather hacked off at the dirty play last night, which if it was the bruins would bother me for a while, but really doesn't today. Much the same as if it had been the ducks playing dirty, yeah it sucks at the moment, but really you don't care about the team enough to care the next day.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:21 PM
gillings

Lines SHOULD be.

Agally-plecka-ryder/bbqchips/pacio
moen-eller-gionta
prust-degiorno-gallallalol
white-halpern-bbqchips.

subban-drewiske/diaz
markov-bowlu
boulyawn-diaz/drew

Old
04-14-2013, 12:23 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
Lines SHOULD be.

Agally-plecka-ryder/bbqchips/pacio
moen-eller-gionta
prust-degiorno-gallallalol
white-halpern-bbqchips.

subban-drewiske/diaz
markov-bowlu
boulyawn-diaz/drew
goo goo dadda dadda

wtf is this? lol

Old
04-14-2013, 12:24 PM
icerocket

I guarantee after one playoff series with the Leafs, they will become 10x more hated than the Bruins.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Doc McKenna

I doubt it if we play the bruins afterwords

Old
04-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
I guarantee after one playoff series with the Leafs, they will become 10x more hated than the Bruins.
Well POs always create rivalries, but I doubt I'll ever hate any team like I hate the Bruins at the moment.

It also depends on how the Series goes. If we trump over them, rivalry won't be huge.

But I'm not scared of the Leafs, they really aren't that good.

Closed Thread