HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

this is the pgt

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty stanchion View Post
Good game guys...scoreline really meant nothing tonite. Leafs were lucky to eek out a 4 goal win.

And props to Sheed36, he's working it like a champ tonite.

And yes, this is very much our Stanley Cup.
I mean, all great to come in here and say hi...But good game? Come on man.....you are overdoing it now....

Old
04-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Kurplunk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
The rivalry has and will always be with the Bruins. The last time they met in the playoffs was 35 years ago.
I could care less if we lose to the Leafs.
This
Maybe if we meet in the playoffs a couple times in the next few years like we have Boston maybe I'll start to hate the Leafs
Don't think I'll ever hate a team more than the Bruins though lol

Old
04-13-2013, 09:50 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I haven't followed the GDT. I only read the PGT and it's basically all about DD once again. Getting annoying because frankly blaming him for the loss is just plain dumb and incredible bad faith.
Yeah, I think everybody may have gotten the Price bashing out of their system and moved on to other targets. But believe me, he didn't get a free pass tonight, that's for sure.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:50 PM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Quote:
I haven't followed the GDT. I only read the PGT and it's basically all about DD once again. Getting annoying because frankly blaming him for the loss is just plain dumb and incredible bad faith.
DD deserves it too.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Were you expecting something else ? It is becoming ****ing ridiculous.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:52 PM
aingaran

It was such a ****** boring ass game. Even the Leafs fans who are usually drunk, annoying and obnoxious were quite subdued. Very friendly despite me wearing my Habs jersey. They recognized that the Habs dominated the first (we were sitting on the side with Reimer's net) the entire first period was in front of us except the goals.

Anyone who would say that the Habs are leading the NE in spite of Carey Price is dillusional. He's been average most games and sub par in quite a few games. Elite in one or two games. Even in his shut outs he wasn't elite.

If they got top level goaltending they would have 4-5 more games easily. Even average goaltending would have resulted in 2-3 more wins.

Old
tml145

it was an ugly game by Price

i don't think Montreal got outplayed other than the physical battle

i am really impressed with Galchenyuk this season, i think he will be a top 10 center in the league soon

Old
dirty stanchion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Is that a good or bad thing?
Beyond good...although you might want to pump the brakes a bit. You're making it way too obvious.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:53 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Oh well, we'll win next one.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:53 PM
habtastic

Okay, so how much can we actually attribute to this new equipment thing? The irony is that today I was watching a video of him (not sure if it was this season) promoting his pads (that model) and going through their details. Never seen a vid like it. Of course, he comes out tonight and sucks because he is allegedly working in a new set.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Lol
I'm not married to CP, as you can see. I want the guy who is hot and reliable.
I'm your man

Old
04-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
DD deserves it too.
Sorry, makes no sense today. Today, it's Price, the entire D, and the entire team. Naming DD TODAY is simply bad faith. Don,t worry, he had plenty of games to be blamed while the rest of the team was doing fine and his line was looking awful. But again today blaming DD out of any other players is having an agenda.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:55 PM
zx81

Quote:
DD deserves it too.
Not more than the other forwards.
How many goals tonight by the other lines?
yeah 0. Thank you and good night.

You guys are dishonest.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:56 PM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Beating the Leafs will always require a bit of luck. We had our fair share of lucky goals in our win against them. They don't give you much space, so garbage goals are a must against them.

I don't think the Leafs are as lucky as the moral victory searchers are making them out to be. They are deadly efficient because they have the snipers AND because our defense is ****ing terrible and thus gives them golden opportunities to strike.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Undertakerqc

I have been hard on Price all season, but i am still hoping he can put it together once and for all. He can become a great goalie once he gets rid of his lazy ways. He needs to get to the next level for all of us to get on board with him. Do it Carey!!!

Old
04-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
DD deserves it too.
Man.get a life.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:58 PM
ROSSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Desharnais, Gionta & Moen. GTFO
QFT these are not pieces you build around.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Kurplunk

Price couldn't stop a beach ball, the D gave up WAY too many two on ones, I even saw a four on two in there, the offense only netted one, our PP didn't do jack ****. We just played bad, not just one player rofl. Forget this, we got the Flyers next

Old
04-13-2013, 10:00 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i've seen this before after clinching a playoff spot (when it wasn't our last season game lol), next one, things just don't work. i didn't watch the game, so i can't say it was an obvious factor. (i was listening on 98.5 up until it was 3-0, 3-1, then 4-1. heard a few plays die on Gio's stick and then figured i'd have a better time walking my dog in the rain)...good call on my part.

seems like we were getting shots still so maybe it was just one of those 'bounces' games with a good goalie with no lucky breaks and no finish. you can still play a good team game and lose that way. your starter having an off night never helps.

still #typicalhabsonanightwhenimnotworkingandnotsleeping . jerks almost never fail to suck when i'm free and looking forward to any game except last week against the B's! and my shedule is nowhere closed to being fixed, their flat performances truly follow me around!

anyway, no big deal although i find myself wanting less and less to meet the leafs in the playoffs. as much as i want that rivalry, the way this always seems to happen since the 2000's kinna scares me. whether the playoffs would be the same story is hard to say as they haven't exactly been around for the last decade. who knows how they play.

Last edited by HarlemsFinest: 04-13-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old
04-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

I think the bouillon penalty did the job.. accidental, but if it would have been subban doing it people would be talking how subban was irresponsible and created momentum for the oponent. Then price just blow it completely but the first goal already shook him but it wasnt weak..

Old
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sorry, makes no sense today. Today, it's Price, the entire D, and the entire team. Naming DD TODAY is simply bad faith. Don,t worry, he had plenty of games to be blamed while the rest of the team was doing fine and his line was looking awful. But again today blaming DD out of any other players is having an agenda.
I'm not blaming DD over anyone. Just illustrating that DD was bad, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Man.get a life.
Quote:
Not more than the other forwards.
How many goals tonight by the other lines?
yeah 0. Thank you and good night.

You guys are dishonest.
I said DD deserves it too. Because he's been **** since he signed his extension. Because he's the worst defensive forward on our team. Because he cheats on the back-check every night. Because he is AWFUL ON THE POWERPLAY. Because he only plays well with Pacioretty and when Patches is dry DD is like the Sahara.

The loss doesn't fall on DD but he's been inconsistent as hell recently and that raises the heat on him.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
When your goalies give up 4 goals on the first 5 shots, you're going to lose.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
Price troll job in case they play them in the first round. That's all this was!

Old
04-13-2013, 10:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurplunk View Post
This
Maybe if we meet in the playoffs a couple times in the next few years like we have Boston maybe I'll start to hate the Leafs
Don't think I'll ever hate a team more than the Bruins though lol
Thing about Habs-Leafs is that the rivalry is based on the fact that we're the two biggest Canadian markets/cities, the proximity and the interaction between fans, socio-political themes, etc..

You perhaps need to live in Ontario to fully get the rivalry. You need to be around leaf fans, their media and their ********. I assure you, it makes a big difference because there are huge bragging rights and like Boston fans, leaf fans love nothing more than to beat us. Unlike Boston fans, a reg. season game for them is WAYYYYY bigger than it should be in terms of response.

I've lived with this rivalry for a decade...even when WE were the worse team. My phone is already full of obnoxious texts.

For a lot of us, specially being from Montreal and having to hear some pretty xenophobic stuff about Quebec and Frenchies, the rivalry is more about the fanbases, but that is a huge part of the rivalry, any rivalry.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
When your goalies give up 4 goals on the first 5 shots, you're going to lose.
No doubt. The weirdsest thing last game from hamilton (friday) tokarski was pulled after letting 4 goals in 5 shots... signs of destiny.

Closed Thread