HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official Munenori Kawasaki fan club (avatars/wallpapers: posts #1-4)

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Dwight K Schrute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyy0 View Post
I think that's what so many people find so frustrating with jp though. he's got the natural power and athleticism to be a too 10 catcher at the very least. but he needs to think the game better. both i.e. terms of calling the game (Santos homerun in game 2) and hitting (swinging rate on balls out of the zone).

same issue with Colby physically they could be stars, and there's still time, but jpa as an average starter would be disappointing. I hope he gets it together to be something better than what he is now
A fastball at his eyes? Wow people are now blaming JP for pitchers deficiencies too.

If Colby and JP did what they have done this season they would be the best offensive players at their positions. People need to layoff, start complaining when they actually stop producing like you are predicting. For now, they have been great.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
donkeyy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
A fastball at his eyes? Wow people are now blaming JP for pitchers deficiencies too.

If Colby and JP did what they have done this season they would be the best offensive players at their positions. People need to layoff, start complaining when they actually stop producing like you are predicting. For now, they have been great.
High heat was a bad call. Specially vs. Reynolds.

Assuming Santos hit his "spot", it was a bad spot to be shooting for.

I mean, maybe Santos called for the pitch. A sense of machismo or whatever "Ya I can blow this right by him. NBD."

Old
04-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:

Great, so when Arencibia doesn't hit 62 homers and Rasmus doesn't hit 50 (he's on pace for 74 RBIs ), I'll complain

Old
04-17-2013, 01:02 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehockeysong View Post
I'm amazed that Rasmus and Arencibia are getting heat. Especially Arencibia. Striking out isn't really an issue when you're hitting like he is.
Exactly. Complain when he's struggling. Will he keep this up? I doubt it but no reason to complain right now. Complaining he strikes out too much is like complaining Reyes (when he was healthy) doesn't homer enough

Old
04-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
High heat was a bad call. Specially vs. Reynolds.

Assuming Santos hit his "spot", it was a bad spot to be shooting for.

I mean, maybe Santos called for the pitch. A sense of machismo or whatever "Ya I can blow this right by him. NBD."
Reynolds usually strikes out on high pitches at shoulder or eye level. He swings at them every time, eventually you'll get a read on one.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:22 PM
donkeyy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Reynolds usually strikes out on high pitches at shoulder or eye level. He swings at them every time, eventually you'll get a read on one.
does fangraphs have that info? I'd be interested in that for the Jays guys/my fantasy guys

Old
04-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
does fangraphs have that info? I'd be interested in that for the Jays guys/my fantasy guys
I would imagine so but just on evaluation by eye sight Reynolds swings at that high fast ball a lot, if not all the time. Similar to Saint Boniface.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Scion

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
This team has added alot of talent but they still have the same deficiency of not being able to manufacture runs and are way too reliant on the long ball. EE and Lind have nice level swings that result in line drives and then the next 3 guys proceed to play homerun derby and attempt to be the game hero with a walkoff. This team almost never mounts a comeback when trailing in the ninth and its mostly because they just dont string good AB's back to back to back. Zaun touched on this subject a week ago and I couldnt agree more with him. Contending teams know how to win in close games and mostly due to there ability to get on base somehow and manufacture a run.

Basically if we dont hit a HR or more we wont win. This really isnt the type of offense you want to have if you expect to make the playoffs and contend for a WS.
I wouldn't read too much into the Jays OBP and average with RISP this season, aside from the small sample size, the Jays haven't had their full roster for a single game this season.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
SoulOnIce

No Bautista again tonight. Jays really suck with saying how long a player will be out. Twice this year that Bautista was being held out one game and it's turned into 3.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays 42m
Tonight's @BlueJays lineup:
Davis-RF
Cabrera-LF
Arencibia-C
Encarnacion-1b
Lawrie-3b
Rasmus-CF
DeRosa-DH
Izturis-2b
Kawasaki-SS

no Bautista (or Boneface)

Old
04-17-2013, 03:47 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
His ops is .918... why use his ops from the game before he went deep? Seems convenient. If Jp has a .918 ops over the whole year he would almost certainly be the best hitting catcher in the MLB. Anyone who has complaints with JP so far this season are out of their minds.
One complaint would be his lack of walks, but that's never been his game. Doesn't mean he can't walk more than once though

Old
04-17-2013, 03:57 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays 42m
Tonight's @BlueJays lineup:
Davis-RF
Cabrera-LF
Arencibia-C
Encarnacion-1b
Lawrie-3b
Rasmus-CF
DeRosa-DH
Izturis-2b
Kawasaki-SS

no Bautista (or Boneface)
Why the **** is DeRosa DH'ing tonight?

Old
04-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
He is fine against lefties. Ideally, I would have like to see Jose bat there today but whatever, no need to rush Jose back.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Would still have still liked to see Lind in there. Seemed to be getting his swing and timing down. It's not like DeRosa is an absolute beast against the lefties.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOnIce View Post
No Bautista again tonight. Jays really suck with saying how long a player will be out. Twice this year that Bautista was being held out one game and it's turned into 3.
It really pisses me off. Don't say, oh he'll be out one game and will be back tomorrow, unless you're 100% sure of that.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:24 PM
CanadianLov3

Jose needs to tone it down with his swing. Looks like he's trying too hard by the looks of it. Doesn't look healthy when he misses.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:25 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Hopefully the red sox will cool down soon

Old
04-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLov3 View Post
Jose needs to tone it down with his swing. Looks like he's trying too hard by the looks of it. Doesn't look healthy when he misses.
That's just the way he swings. It is a violent swing, but I doubt he'd change it after a couple 40hr seasons.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:49 PM
CanadianLov3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
That's just the way he swings. It is a violent swing, but I doubt he'd change it after a couple 40hr seasons.
Nah, since his return he is swinging a lot harder then usual. Probably why his back is bothering him.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:59 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
He is fine against lefties. Ideally, I would have like to see Jose bat there today but whatever, no need to rush Jose back.
I'd rather have Lind taking those swings than DeRosa though

Old
04-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Acekicker123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Sigh - the Jays continue to underestimate injuries.

I wonder if they're legitimately overly optimistic or are actually aware of the likely timeline and choose to say otherwise for whatever reason.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Would still have still liked to see Lind in there. Seemed to be getting his swing and timing down. It's not like DeRosa is an absolute beast against the lefties.
This is my feeling on it. Lind is swinging a bit of a hot bat and even though he isn't great against lefties I would prefer they keep him up and swinging

Old
04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLov3 View Post
Nah, since his return he is swinging a lot harder then usual. Probably why his back is bothering him.
Well he's swinging at more bad pitches, which could look like he's swinging harder. Frustration has probably set in for him. But I refer to my earlier post, he's a notorious slow starter. He'll start to get his timing down soon hopefully.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:25 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

John Lott ‏@LottOnBaseball 1h
Gibbons says Bautista's back still bothering him. "If you see him on the lineup, he's OK. If he's not, he's not."
Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays 55m
Gibbons on Bautista - Back is still nagging him and taking it day-to-day. Probably unavailable to PH tonight as he hasn't swung in 2 days.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:43 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
It really pisses me off. Don't say, oh he'll be out one game and will be back tomorrow, unless you're 100% sure of that.
Just shut him down for 15 days, that's all. I don't think they should be messing around day to day. Just let him rest up on the 15 day DL and end the speculation and uncertainty (unless that's not enough time for him).

Closed Thread