HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official Munenori Kawasaki fan club (avatars/wallpapers: posts #1-4)

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Paladin2799

vCash: 500
I think it just as likely that AA thinks that there is more availability for adding talent in the right field or 3rd base position, then there is at second base.

If Lawrie can continue to play well at second base, that gives them a great bat and solid defense at second. They can now work to bring in a good veteran player in either RF or 3b which is a heck of a lot easier then upgrading your 2nd base position.

Lets see if Jbat can actually play 3rd base well, lets see if lawrie can play second base, why not?

This team if it gets rolling fine should be able to coast into at least the wildcard with the talent it has. Lets see if we can possibly open up some positions that people can play, it lets us open up our roster to moves.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:27 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
On another note, Kevin Pillar (sleeper prospect) and Deck McGuire are off to red hot starts for New Hampshire.
I really like Pillar. I've been pumping his tires as a potential utility guy in the long run for the last year or so.

Haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd put in my 0.02 on the Lawrie thing. Short term, it's a brilliant move. As soon as reyes comes back though you would have to think Bautista would be pressuring management to put him back in right field. That's where he feels he can help the team the most and unless they're prepared to bring up Gose, right field is where he should be stay.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:41 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

I wonder if management thinks that Gose will force himself into a job by the time Reyes comes back though, in which case he moves to RF permanently.

Either way, I still think this is a panic move and I'm not a fan of it.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays
Tonight's @BlueJays lineup: Bonifacio-RF Cabrera-LF Arencibia-C Encarnacion-1b Lind-DH DeRosa-3b Rasmus-CF Izturis-2b Kawasaki-SS Buehrle-P

Crap, Bautista not in the line-up. I have no idea why.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:50 PM
TootooTrain
-

Playing 2nd base involves so much more catch/release, timing, and poise. I could be wrong, and he could mature as an athlete in the near future, but I can just see Lawrie rushing too many plays at the bag.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:52 PM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
I think it just as likely that AA thinks that there is more availability for adding talent in the right field or 3rd base position, then there is at second base.

If Lawrie can continue to play well at second base, that gives them a great bat and solid defense at second. They can now work to bring in a good veteran player in either RF or 3b which is a heck of a lot easier then upgrading your 2nd base position.

Lets see if Jbat can actually play 3rd base well, lets see if lawrie can play second base, why not?

This team if it gets rolling fine should be able to coast into at least the wildcard with the talent it has. Lets see if we can possibly open up some positions that people can play, it lets us open up our roster to moves.
Looking at the league third base seems to be the weak period. Lawrie has the capability to be a top 5 offensive third basemen. Personally i'm happy with him at 3rd - but I won't complain with the move to 2nd. Being able to play 2 positions instead of one is definitely not a bad thing. If he does play second base - I wonder what Bautista's thoughts are on staying at 3rd base permanently

Old
04-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
The Blue Jays designated outfielder Casper Wells for assignment, according to a team press release.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ssignment.html

Umm... Lawrie is coming back up?

Or not.

Quote:
Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi
#BlueJays select contract of RHP Ramon Ortiz, designated OF Caper Wells for assignment.
Ugh, back to the 8 man bullpen. Hey Gibbons, how about letting guys like Dickey and Morrow pitch more when they are pitching well instead of overworking a tired bullpen.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:07 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays
Tonight's @BlueJays lineup: Bonifacio-RF Cabrera-LF Arencibia-C Encarnacion-1b Lind-DH DeRosa-3b Rasmus-CF Izturis-2b Kawasaki-SS Buehrle-P

Crap, Bautista not in the line-up. I have no idea why.
That's weird, maybe personal reasons?

Interesting to see Arencibia in the 3 spot.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
That's weird, maybe personal reasons?

Interesting to see Arencibia in the 3 spot.
I threw up in my mouth a bit when I saw it.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Ugh, back to the 8 man bullpen. Hey Gibbons, how about letting guys like Dickey and Morrow pitch more when they are pitching well instead of overworking a tired bullpen.
I don't like the 8man pen either but you'd be fooling yourself into thinking Ortiz will have an impact on the team at all. He's simply here for mop-up duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
Yeah....yuk.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
CanadianLov3

http://instagram.com/p/YIrsGUTVfz/

Old
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
calcal798

Quote:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ssignment.html

Umm... Lawrie is coming back up?

Or not.

Gibbons just really doesnt like going over 100 pitches for his starters. Only let it happen twice with Happ and Dickey.

IMO may not be a bad thing with JJ and Morrow. Beurhle and Dickey I'd say otherwise. Happ, not sure yet.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:
Doubt the team would do all that to make room for Sierra who is likely nothing more than a bench player.
I don't disagree one bit. However, it is evident that the organization views Moises Sierra far differently than the fanbase does.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
calcal798

Quote:
maybe hell strike out less batting third...

Old
04-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
I don't disagree one bit. However, it is evident that the organization views Moises Sierra far differently than the fanbase does.
How so? I mean, he seems to have a little pop, he's got a hell of an arm and decent footspeed, but he strikes out too much and is prone to mental errors in the field and base paths both. So he's a pretty darn good AAA player, but a likely bench player in the bigs. What have you seen from the Jays to make you think they believe he's more than that?

Old
04-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I don't like the 8man pen either but you'd be fooling yourself into thinking Ortiz will have an impact on the team at all. He's simply here for mop-up duty.

Yeah....yuk.
Which is why its absolutely pointless wasting a 25 roster spot for that guy, especially when it could be avoided if they just let their starters go a bit deeper into the games when they are able. And they are losing a useful player in Casper Wells who could help the team for a guy that will do nothing except turn a lost game into a bigger blowout.

And the team is hurting. You've got guys playing different positions, you have Bautista out of the line-up for whatever reason and now you are shortening it even more.

The team needs to stop babying these pitchers so much. They're not young kids without much innings under their belt. They are legit proven pitchers capable of handling a starter's load and should be able to go 110-115 pitches without a worry. You shouldn't be pulling the pitchers because they are almost at 100 pitches and end up over using the bullpen.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:21 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Yes it is. And if they didn't view players differently then the fan base, multiple players, like Jose Bautista for starters wouldn't be the player he is for the Jays today.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
How so? I mean, he seems to have a little pop, he's got a hell of an arm and decent footspeed, but he strikes out too much and is prone to mental errors in the field and base paths both. So he's a pretty darn good AAA player, but a likely bench player in the bigs. What have you seen from the Jays to make you think they believe he's more than that?
AA dropped the Nelson Cruz last year I think on Sierra so that's where people have started thinking Sierra could be something. I don't think AA made that comp as Sierra could become Cruz but has that similar power and arm tool (his power in-game hasn't been that good).

Old
04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:
maybe hell strike out less batting third...

I'm calling for the golden sombrero.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:28 PM
calcal798

Quote:
I'm calling for the golden sombrero.
I wonder who will do it first this year, Rasmus or Arencibia.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:28 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Which is why its absolutely pointless wasting a 25 roster spot for that guy, especially when it could be avoided if they just let their starters go a bit deeper into the games when they are able. And they are losing a useful player in Casper Wells who could help the team for a guy that will do nothing except turn a lost game into a bigger blowout.

And the team is hurting. You've got guys playing different positions, you have Bautista out of the line-up for whatever reason and now you are shortening it even more.
I can't disagree with that. It's a good point.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
I wonder who will do it first this year, Rasmus or Arencibia.
Didn't Jose Bautista do that the other day (when Mendoza was pitching)?

Old
04-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Good news guys... I hope:

Quote:
Jose Reyes was smiling again Monday.

Reyes found out that his left ankle injury was a little less serious than first feared, and that he may be able to return in about eight weeks. The Blue Jays had originally estimated that their shortstop was expected to miss three months.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...ack-in-8-weeks

According to the Knobler.

Old
Dwight K Schrute

Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi 40s
Back spasms for Bautista. More details to come later.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 1m
Better news today for Jose Reyes, who could be back in 8 weeks, rather than the 3 months the Jays first feared. http://cbsprt.co/ZwtQIJ

Old
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Dwayne Murphy and Chad Mattola have both commented on him, and have said he may be the best raw power hitter in the organization. Scouts always rave about his arm, and justifiably so. AA compared him to Nelson Cruz, as Nasty Nazem mentioned. They've gushed about the kid for a few years now, even prior to making his debut last year. We see a fumbling individual who ignores signs, and has no tool box whatsoever, and they seem to see potential. That's just the feeling I get.

Closed Thread