Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to mash the panic button

Old
04-14-2013, 03:08 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
I'm panicking. Because if I don't.. the Gods of Hockey will see that I'm not serious.. I'm not a true believer.. and they WILL punish me being so arrogant.

And I want to state once more that I am NOT a superstitious person.

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:24 AM
forthewild

vCash: 500
Nice to see this thread has a warm reception. Look I know the wild has a "favorable" schedule buuuuuuut how many times before has this team been embarrassed by a team they should have beaten.

Next two game will be very very telling, if we come out of the trip with 3+ points we may have a breath of life in us. I can see us losing to both of these games just as much as I see us winning both of them too.

My big peeve here is how our GM proudly proclaimed because he gave up 4 prime assets for a position we didn't need to upgrade that we are no longer a seller. (I'm willing to bet that if those 4 assets were on the table we could have landed a nice top 4 dman who is young and has term which was a bigger need at this point.) Newsflash you are no longer a seller when you win in the playoffs on a constant basis, not when you limp your way in.

Even if we do correct this and make the playoffs, the way we are playing are we going to be anything other then fodder? man i really question the decision we made at deadline not only did we retain butch we gave us way to much.

I will not be surprised if Buffalo is walking up for the 1st overall pick with a big grin on their face. and yes add me to the wagon of questioning whether Yeo is the guy for this team. Look at Ottawa they lost a top line center and the best dman in the NHL yet they are scrappy as ****, they win. If we lost suter and Koivu we'd be int he basement.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:27 AM
Syan Ruter
Snus boogey woogey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
The bolded part is where it's at, IMO. Koivu - big donut in the last 7 games. I don't know if he is playing hurt or what, but he is the catalyst for the first line, and essentially the entire offense. I feel that once Mikko breaks out of this slump, everything else will start falling into place as well. So if this team is going to the p-word, now would be a great time for Mr. Koivu to step up to the plate. There's plenty of time for the Wild to gain a little steam, and enter the p-word on a high note, but it has to start with Koivu, and it has to start NOW!
There is some truth behind what you're saying. The thing is that now when Koivu's not scoring, out depth scoring HAS to step up. I don't know if it's grannys fault, brodziaks or any other particular forward, but I do know they need to step up. That Zucker-Granny combo did get some good scoring chances against Columbus, too bad Brodz missed on some quality scoring chances. Keep in mind that Seto went cold when Cullen got hurt; and he's expected back soon. Cullen also helps our defensive game.

That being said, our second and third line really has to show up during Cullens absence. Too bad Bobrovsky stood on his head, that game could have easily gone differently had we played a less 'hot' goalie.

Syan Ruter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:35 AM
forthewild

Also thats whats so ****ed up, we lost Cullen a guy everyone here was willing to throw away like garbage and we can't win with out him....

Man Yeo cannot adjust to injury at all.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:03 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
The bolded part is where it's at, IMO. Koivu - big donut in the last 7 games. I don't know if he is playing hurt or what, but he is the catalyst for the first line, and essentially the entire offense. I feel that once Mikko breaks out of this slump, everything else will start falling into place as well. So if this team is going to the p-word, now would be a great time for Mr. Koivu to step up to the plate. There's plenty of time for the Wild to gain a little steam, and enter the p-word on a high note, but it has to start with Koivu, and it has to start NOW!
Mikko has played poorly, no doubt. During that 7 game span, I have noticed the anointed one, his line mate has 0 goals! Isn't that why he's the highest paid player on the team? Apparently he cannot generate goals on his own? Of the two big summer signings, Suter the real deal, Parise the real disappointment.

If Suter can suck it up and play, they why can't Cullen? Supposedly he looked great in the morning skate. Kind of makes one wonder whether the Wild, and their P/R guy Russo are hiding the seriousness of his injury to keep interest in the team going.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroldEFX View Post
There is some truth behind what you're saying. The thing is that now when Koivu's not scoring, out depth scoring HAS to step up. I don't know if it's grannys fault, brodziaks or any other particular forward, but I do know they need to step up. That Zucker-Granny combo did get some good scoring chances against Columbus, too bad Brodz missed on some quality scoring chances. Keep in mind that Seto went cold when Cullen got hurt; and he's expected back soon. Cullen also helps our defensive game.

That being said, our second and third line really has to show up during Cullens absence. Too bad Bobrovsky stood on his head, that game could have easily gone differently had we played a less 'hot' goalie.
All of this is true, but whether we, Yeo or Mikko himself likes it, he's the only one who can turn this around. I don't think having to rely on one person is a good thing at all and I think it's very risky, but even with the additions of Parise and Suter, Mikko's still the one that has to drag this sled into the playoffs. Parise, Suter, Cullen etc. are capable and worthy assistants, but they're not going to turn this around. If Mikko's hurt, we're as good as toast. If he can't pull the team, nobody else can do it either. The Wild lives or dies with him. It's not the way it should be, but unfortunately that is reality.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:10 AM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
So as the title suggests, its time to panic.

We are razor thin to missing the playoffs, as it stands 2pts out of a spot. Not only does this team have a very legitimate chance of missing the playoffs we all know the big deal we swung for that is making the though of picking in the top 14 just freaking unbearable.

Russo wrote in his article a while back that Wild used 2/4 post deadline callups to qualify Coyle and Kuempur for AHL playoffs.... yup thats where they are going to be playing because Wild are not making it.

This thread is to be used for coping for the inevitable
Just for the record, I'd prefer to just use it to laugh at the people that are hitting the panic button.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Jopsey

The question comes down to would you rather miss the playoffs or get in as the 8th seed and get swept by Chicago in the first round.

Jopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsey View Post
The question comes down to would you rather miss the playoffs or get in as the 8th seed and get swept by Chicago in the first round.
Anything can happen in playoffs. And besides, our regular season match-ups with Chicago have been fairly even.

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:01 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Anything can happen in playoffs. And besides, our regular season match-ups with Chicago have been fairly even.
Agreed.

The team that hits its prime streak of the season is the one that succeeds in the playoffs. The end of the season is important but you can get the game rolling in the first playoff appearence too. I think it's about hitting playoffs and getting hot while at it.

I think the Wild are doing great now. I actually like that they're losing so it forces them to be better each game. I'm feeling the play could be in a good shape when the playoffs actually arrive.

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
For the record, I'm allowed to panic and be emotionally upset. I'm a girl!! So deal with it!
LOL Me too.

I am already praying hard that Detroit loses tonight. I am happy that Dallas plays Chicago tomorrow and hopefully loses. I think the fact that I am rooting for other teams to help us is a sign that I am scared that we cannot get in without help. Look at Vancouver. They slumped a while back but then they bounced back and are securely in the playoffs. Good/great teams find a way to pull ahead when they have to. We haven't figured out how to do that just yet.

The team that scares me the most that could overtake our spot is Dallas. I already hate that fricken team for obvious reasons. If they are the ones who ultimately get in and we don't, I will be in misery this off season.

Addressing if are we better off not making it or making it as an 8th seed and playing Chicago... for me, that's not even a question worth pausing over. Anything can happen in the playoffs... playoffs we haven't made in how many years? Let's make the effing playoffs finally!

Last edited by Sportserie: 04-14-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Tuomaz

I'm kinda dissapointed in Parise. I thought that we got player that can step up when Koivu isn't playing his best but it seems Parise goes as far as Koivu goes. Actually it seems this team still goes only as far as Koivu, not enough depth or talent yet. Koivu goes on a scoreless streak and the whole team goes on a losing streak.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Syan Ruter
Snus boogey woogey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
All of this is true, but whether we, Yeo or Mikko himself likes it, he's the only one who can turn this around. I don't think having to rely on one person is a good thing at all and I think it's very risky, but even with the additions of Parise and Suter, Mikko's still the one that has to drag this sled into the playoffs. Parise, Suter, Cullen etc. are capable and worthy assistants, but they're not going to turn this around. If Mikko's hurt, we're as good as toast. If he can't pull the team, nobody else can do it either. The Wild lives or dies with him. It's not the way it should be, but unfortunately that is reality.
Amen brother! It would be interesting to see IF Koivu got injured (knock on wood, ppl!) who would step up and take on that leader-role.

The thing is, with every NHL team there's a "go-to-line" that should get it done most of the time, especially offensively, and in this case, that line just so happens to feature Koivu as their "go-to-guy". When that line is in a slump, secondary scoring must step up. In this case, that hasn't happened and Yeo should try out a bunch of different line combos in order to get both primary and secondary scoring going.

Syan Ruter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd rather the team pulls their heads out of their butts and plays like they want to make the playoffs. They look scared and disorganized.

Also, this team started the bad stretch with points and games in hand on top of the division. 2-6-1. Now they are barely hanging on the playoff bubble.

Seriously, if you want to laugh at people who see serious problems with this team...I wish I had your faith they would suddenly start playing like a team that had potential.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Dee Oh Cee

I think last night's game was a very good start. You win more games than you lose playing like that.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:36 AM
bear1

vCash: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Nice to see this thread has a warm reception. Look I know the wild has a "favorable" schedule buuuuuuut how many times before has this team been embarrassed by a team they should have beaten.

Next two game will be very very telling, if we come out of the trip with 3+ points we may have a breath of life in us. I can see us losing to both of these games just as much as I see us winning both of them too.

My big peeve here is how our GM proudly proclaimed because he gave up 4 prime assets for a position we didn't need to upgrade that we are no longer a seller. (I'm willing to bet that if those 4 assets were on the table we could have landed a nice top 4 dman who is young and has term which was a bigger need at this point.) Newsflash you are no longer a seller when you win in the playoffs on a constant basis, not when you limp your way in.

Even if we do correct this and make the playoffs, the way we are playing are we going to be anything other then fodder? man i really question the decision we made at deadline not only did we retain butch we gave us way to much.

I will not be surprised if Buffalo is walking up for the 1st overall pick with a big grin on their face. and yes add me to the wagon of questioning whether Yeo is the guy for this team. Look at Ottawa they lost a top line center and the best dman in the NHL yet they are scrappy as ****, they win. If we lost suter and Koivu we'd be int he basement.
You are correct sir

bear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Loopy0ne
tastes like burning

vCash: 680
I am not panicking because, if the wild miss the playoffs, Yeo will be fired and (maybe?) GMCF won't be allowed to trade anymore. Clearly he is a good GM but his ability to make a good trade (other than Burns) is hurting the team now AND long-term.

Loopy0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:21 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
If the Wild play the rest of the way like they did last night, there is no reason to panic. They will definitely make the playoffs, and what happens then is anyone's guess.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:14 AM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
If the Wild play the rest of the way like they did last night, there is no reason to panic. They will definitely make the playoffs, and what happens then is anyone's guess.
I completely agree sans about 5-10 minutes in the second. They clearly outplayed the Blue Jackets just ran into an incredibly lucky and hot goaltender. Not much you can do about that.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

So wait.. You're telling me it's time to stop the party?

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
So wait.. You're telling me it's time to stop the party?
Yes that Pitbull **** is over. Pitbull is terrible and needs to stop being referenced. Its an embarrassment to the entire Minnesota fan base. Kill the Pitbull

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Loopy0ne
tastes like burning

vCash: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
The thing about this is, this is what Yeo and others were saying after being shut out by the Blues

Loopy0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Last night was a good effort by the Wild. If they show that effort night after night, we should be okay. It just depends on how hot the opposing goaltender is that night. And of course we seem to draw the ones that are suddenly red hot...

The thing that is most distressing is Yeo's performance. Specifically who he decides to bench or not bench. Granlund and Zucker are doing nothing but good for this team except for a slip-up on a goal, and they get benched. We need Zucker's shooter mentality. The guy was rattling off shots like this team has needed ever since its inception, and we bench him?

Meanwhile, Brodziak, who is just brutal, never sees the bench?

And Yeo just has no idea what he is doing when he juggles the lines. There are combinations of the various rookies we have up with the team that were dynamite in Houston. Why not see if some of that can translate to the NHL club? We saw what Coyle and Granlund can do on the powerplay together just the other night. If the lines have to be jumbled, try some combos that actually have some existing chemistry.

And for ****s sake, find a way to bench Clutterbuck for a game or two.

I just do not trust him. I gave him a pass during the win streak, and in fact I think the team may have went on that streak in spite of, rather than because of, Yeo.

If there is a good coach available after the season, I say grab him.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Stopping Pucks

Kill Pitbull

Stopping Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party