HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Cincinnati @ Milwaukee 7:30 CST (Game 3)

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
finley might have struggled in the first...but he saved this game for the admirals(about five times)....great last 60 minutes or so he played

Old
04-24-2005, 12:08 AM
handtrick

this series is living up to the billing......kinda wish the Rockets would lose....we could use Weber's physical play on the blue line......I would give Hutch or Tiley some pine time

Old
04-24-2005, 12:13 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
this series is living up to the billing......kinda wish the Rockets would lose....we could use Weber's physical play on the blue line......I would give Hutch or Tiley some pine time
I think he'd be overmatched at first. He can handle the likes of Getzlaf. But even the mightly Getzlaf struggled in this game. And the adjustment for defenseman has to be more difficult. He'd be of use to us if we made it to the second round, but I doubt he'd be the deciding factor in us beating the Ducks. If we are going to beat them, we will do so by fighting through the checks and capitalizing on chances.

Old
04-24-2005, 12:15 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i liked schultz's call on the winning goal...

*weakly* "gamache! gamache gamache gamache!"

Old
04-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Pred303

lupul is quite the player...and getzlaf played well in the overtime,almost won this thing for them on that 2 on 1 shot where he swatted the puck out of midair but over the crossbar

Old
04-24-2005, 12:28 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
lupul is quite the player...and getzlaf played well in the overtime,almost won this thing for them on that 2 on 1 shot where he swatted the puck out of midair but over the crossbar

kinda makes you wonder about the deal anaheim made with us in the 2002 draft.we got an extra pick for NOT picking Lupul and taking Upshall instead.

I'd be happy with either. Upshall is the more complete player\has injury problems...Lupul is the better sniper\not so great in other areas. Depends on what you're looking for.

Old
04-24-2005, 12:53 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Hey David Poile....GAMACHE!!!!! He's just got to get a real shot next year! ...or whenever they play.

Go Admirals!

When is game 4?

Old
04-24-2005, 01:00 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
Hey David Poile....GAMACHE!!!!! He's just got to get a real shot next year! ...or whenever they play.

Go Admirals!

When is game 4?
All games from here on out will have a day in between. The next game will be Monday.

Old
04-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
boy Suter makes some mature decisions about when and when not to pinch
This is the thing I noticed in him since the day we drafted him. Its eerily like Rob Blake on the blueline. For those of you guys who hate teh Avs or do not watch Blake play, he is simply the best defensemen in the league at patrolling the blueline on the PP, keeping the puck in, etc. Suter has that rare ability to be where he needs to be at the right time.

Special player! I can't wait to see him playing in Nashville.

04-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Pred303

just a few last thoughts on this one over a cup of coffee..

..the game was much better officiated it felt like last night,maybe because the game was played in slow motion
..cinci's physical play,on top of the long game the night before really wore the admirals down,by the end of the third milwuakee had no skating legs
..shishkanov seemed to be the exception,as far as actually having anything left in the tank,and he was getted double shifted...but he still looked out of sinc
..admirals absolutely stunk on faceoffs,especially in their defensive zone.both yarema and smith were killed in the faceoff circle
..smtihson going out early and hrkac being rested really hurt the ads in faceoffs
..maybe if smithson is injured...the admirals will recall segal,who now has 8 goals in the first round of the uhl playoffs(which rockford won and is advancing to the 2nd round)
..hamhuis penalty after lupul dumped the puck in late and was going off for a change was horrible and totally uncharacteristic of him
..hutchinson and tiley...sigh...
..upshall,tootoo were too quiet in this game...need bigger games from them
..finley sometimes thrashes around in goal,seems a little anxious...but man did he save the ad's bacon last night
..getzlaf seemed to find himself and settle down late in the game and was much more invovled late,especially in the OT
..right now,if it doesn't get done on the pp,ads are in trouble offensively
..gamache is the exception...almost everytime the guy touches the puck in the offensive end he creates some type of scoring chance and gets the puck centered...but with no one strong enough on this line(him,fiddler,haydar) to be able to camp in the low slot against this team,all those centering passes he makes usually go to thin air
..the day off will benefit the admirals much more than the ducks,I expect MIL to come out much stronger Monday

Old
04-24-2005, 12:04 PM
handtrick

What is up with Yarema's faceoff technique....anybody else notice?

Looked like he tended to give a weak forehand poke at it, and if he won it [albeit rarely] he would poke it into the offensive zone where there were no teamates positioned and the Ducks would easily scoop it up. I dunno, just couldn't figure it out...

Closed Thread