Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Most Pleasant Surprise...?

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2005, 12:37 PM
MikeS

vCash: 500
Most Pleasant Surprise...?

What team, player, event was your most pleasant surprise in the WHL this year?

For me, it was the play of the Silvertips '88 born players, especially Jonathan Harty, Taylor Ellington, Zach Hammil, Brady Calla and Leland Irving. This team has some great years ahead with this bunch.

I am just surprised at how quickly they are developing. Other than Hammil missing some games to injury, that has been my most pleasant surprise...

Last edited by MikeS: 04-03-2005 at 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling...
Old
04-13-2005, 06:26 PM
goalienut

Brett Novak for the Raiders. I never thought he had much talent but when injuries forced him onto the top line he scored 2 hilight-reel game winning goals. Suprised the **** out of me!

Kooteny and Kelowna's good seasons have also suprised me as I thought they really didn't have much talent at the start of the year.

Old
04-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

Kyle Chipchura's return to the Raiders during the playoffs was a pleasant surprise as most people thought he was going to be out for the year. Then he comes back and is averaging just about a point a game which is a pleasant surprise

Old
04-16-2005, 09:24 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne
Kyle Chipchura's return to the Raiders during the playoffs was a pleasant surprise as most people thought he was going to be out for the year. Then he comes back and is averaging just about a point a game which is a pleasant surprise
Not very pleasant at all if you're a Tiger fan.

Old
04-20-2005, 01:40 PM
sbtatter

Ryan White and Brodie Dupont have impressed me this year. Ryan Reaves, Leblanc and Tyler Plante have been pleasent surprises. Keetley from MH showed better than i thought he would when he had his chance. McCeardle (sp) from MJ had a great regular season, but blew up a bit in the playoffs.

Old
04-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Round John

For me the biggest pleasant surprise was the 30 win turn around for the Saskatoon Blades. I had them picked to squeak into the playoffs in fourth maybe third. Yes their performance in the playoffs was a disappointment, for me it in no way diminished a super turn around story.

Other pleasant surprises with the NHL lockout being able to see guys like Phaneuf, Getzlaf, Konsorada, etc who probably would have been playing in either the NHL or AHL instead of the dub.

Rookie surprises DePape and May in Prince Albert, McCrae and Bahensky in Saskatoon, Holzapfel in Moose Jaw.

Old
04-22-2005, 11:42 AM
CurtisJD13

Dan Mercer.

Acquired by Spokane for Steven Gillen, I was expecting to get a #6 defenseman, who would be in and out of the lineup once Matt McCue was healthy. What we got was a guy who'll probably get drafted, and was one of the most exciting players for the rest of the season. And to boot, Gillen's absense wasn't hurt, because Mercer is just as fan friendly as Steve was. Definately my biggest surprise.

Closed Thread