HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty

Old
04-16-2013, 09:19 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Patches is a pretty 1 dimensional north-south kinda player (kinda like Kessel-lite). When he's not driving the net hard, getting involved physically, or going to the slot to get good chances, he's not going to score. That's probably why he's been struggling, because he hasn't really been doing that really the last month or so.
I'd say he's quite different from Kessel, who is a great playmaker too and a few strides faster.

He is north-south though and like you said, he's not driving hard, he's taking pathetic shots. I can see he's trying, but he's better than what he's putting out. This is not last year's Pacioretty who could beat guys one on one. His shooting is horrible and his creativity in trying to get scoring chances is somewhere else. Kessel is hardly physical and has far more puck handling skills than Max. One is a pfwd, the other is a dangler/sniper. Max reminds me of Lupul, but this season Lupul >> Max even though his points reflect him being better than he is. I really hope he heats up in these last 6. It could happen.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Saundies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I'd say he's quite different from Kessel, who is a great playmaker too and a few strides faster.

He is north-south though and like you said, he's not driving hard, he's taking pathetic shots. I can see he's trying, but he's better than what he's putting out. This is not last year's Pacioretty who could beat guys one on one. His shooting is horrible and his creativity in trying to get scoring chances is somewhere else. Kessel is hardly physical and has far more puck handling skills than Max. One is a pfwd, the other is a dangler/sniper. Max reminds me of Lupul, but this season Lupul >> Max even though his points reflect him being better than he is. I really hope he heats up in these last 6. It could happen.
No I know Kessel's the better player, I'm just saying him and Kessel are kind of alike in that way. One thing for sure though that differs for them is that Max can't pass a lick. He just can't, I don't know why.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote