Rant about Mike O'Connell and other things

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Wpg Jets

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
This Just in!

Mike O'Connell seen walking around with his head up his Ass!!! Whicj would explain why he has not signed Boyton Or Berard yet or why he hasn't signed or traded for a real 2nd line center! I know The french kid is great but we will ruin him if we expect him to be th answer at age 18! Remember these name Diagle, Brett Lindros, Fat Baloon, In mean Pat Falloon. Ley him develop anf bring in a vet ie Oates, Ronning, Gretzky! Anyone! Also I just want remind you guys how big Marty' Mcinnis nostrils were. In a game last year Rob Zaumner actually cycled the puck through his nose!

Old
09-24-2003, 02:47 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
Mike O'Connell seen walking around with his head up his Ass!!! Whicj would explain why he has not signed Boyton Or Berard yet or why he hasn't signed or traded for a real 2nd line center! I know The french kid is great but we will ruin him if we expect him to be th answer at age 18! Remember these name Diagle, Brett Lindros, Fat Baloon, In mean Pat Falloon. Ley him develop anf bring in a vet ie Oates, Ronning, Gretzky! Anyone! Also I just want remind you guys how big Marty' Mcinnis nostrils were. In a game last year Rob Zaumner actually cycled the puck through his nose!
It's early, so we can't judge things right yet. Chances are, as Boynton gets healthy and the preseason wears on, things will heat up. So that should take care of itself. I do believe the Bruins highly value Nick, and won't let this drag out -- especially if both sides are only $500K apart.

The other issues are more concerning. While Berard isn't the perfect player, the fact is, without his skating and puck carrying ability, the Bruins are pretty much void of the gains in movement they made last season (when they added Girard & Berard). Furthermore, with the increased speed of forwards coming into the defensive zone, the Bruins could have trouble moving the puck out of their end. As it stand right now, the B's have O'Donnell, McGillis, Gill & Moran as the top 4. Even with Boynton back, the element of speed is lacking. If Jillson is able to join, the B's will have a little, but by and large the mobility and transition balance wont be there. This could end up being a fundamental problem.

Secondly, you are right, the depth at center remains a premiere concern. As of now, the Thornton and Rolston are the only proven top-9 centers on the roster. Rolston is a good player, but as a #2 center, he's not as effective as the ones you would find on most contenders. The Bruins could have a much worse player than him, but what magnifies the issue is that there is relatively no experienced #3 on the roster. As of now, the B's are looking at an 18 year old in Bergeron, which I agree with you is extremely risky for his development (more than likely he will be sent back); a player with no N.American hockey experience in Zinovjev; a smallish rookie with nominal skating abilities in Hilbert; and the rest of the pack which includes Vernarsky, Grosek and Donato, none of whom should be in the role.

I can't see how this assessment is negative at all. It's just realistic. Outsiders who look at the Bruins would say the same thing.

Old
09-24-2003, 02:55 PM
nhlbruin

wow...chalk this one up in the useless thread column

Old
09-24-2003, 03:04 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlbruin
wow...chalk this one up in the useless thread column
Hey - isn't this the kind of crap that people are supposed to cut out?

Old
09-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Bruwinz37

Boynton is a must, and a 500k difference is silly and he better be signed by opening night. Berard on the other hand I can take or leave. I would hope that he could rebound, but I saw no evidence of there being a chance of that happening. I hear Jillson has been playing well, and I expect he will do Berards job better than Berard could. But I do agree, Boynton is a must sign....or at the very worst deal him for something and have it be ready to go opening night.

Old
09-24-2003, 03:41 PM
nhlbruin

i suppose you may be right...i don't know. perhaps i could have been a little more tactful in my wording...but it wasn't a personal attack. all i was saying is that lines like:
"Mike O'Connell seen walking around with his head up his Ass!!!"
and
"Also I just want remind you guys how big Marty' Mcinnis nostrils were. In a game last year Rob Zaumner actually cycled the puck through his nose!"
really have no point to them or, as a result, place here. Titles like "This Just in!" implies that there's some breaking news, which was not the case. The few points that were actually made could have been posted in other threads pertaining to the specific topics.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:23 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I have no problem YET with Boynton not being here. REMEMBER- MOC is saying on record they can 'massage' the difference. MOC from what I know is a huge Boynton fan. After Ftorek got the gate he specifically dealt with the Boynton 'rest' in Phoenix. Boynton was getting a bit rundown as he is a 'small' big defenseman- sorta like Jumbo shrimp he is 6' 1" supposedly but more around 6 and 190 from my eyes but plays big- and he's got the diabetes. He'll be here and if Jillson is able to contribute as a top 4 by the end of the year then this group got a lot better- as of now its shaky. Berard I like more than BJ but not at the expense of signing Boynton first or retarding any playing time Jillson SHOULD get if he warrants it.

Me? ideally, my defense has the future cornerstones Boynton and Jillson, vets McGillis and O'Donnell, Hal and Berard/Moran. ASSUMING Jillson can grade out as well as Boynton's first year, and Boynton continues to even marginally improve this group looks very good.

As for second line center- see what happens in camp, its to early to even have any idea. Wait till Zino goes yard- opps, wrong sport

Closed Thread