Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Claude Julien

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 02:22 PM
ap3lovr

vCash: 500
Claude Julien reminds me of the kid in school that was really bad at Rock Paper Scissors. I'm sure we have all run into the kid. The one that always picks rock, and never deviates from it. Sadly Claude has picked rocked for far too long now. Minor adjustments to the system are not going to fix this. Other teams are simply boxing this team out and the coaching staff hasn't made any changes to combat it.

Bring me Ted Nolan please.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:26 PM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
Claude Julien reminds me of the kid in school that was really bad at Rock Paper Scissors. I'm sure we have all run into the kid. The one that always picks rock, and never deviates from it. Sadly Claude has picked rocked for far too long now. Minor adjustments to the system are not going to fix this. Other teams are simply boxing this team out and the coaching staff hasn't made any changes to combat it.
Haha, that's good.

Last edited by du5566*: 04-20-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old
04-20-2013, 02:38 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

nolan hasn't coached in the nhl in 5 years.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:47 PM
C77

Jack and Brick praising Bylsma's ability to put his players in a position to succeed certainly seemed like a simultaneous dig at what is going on with the Bruins...where Julien is not getting the most out of his players.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:56 PM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Jack and Brick praising Bylsma's ability to put his players in a position to succeed certainly seemed like a simultaneous dig at what is going on with the Bruins...where Julien is not getting the most out of his players.
Neely is on 98.5 every week and Mike Felger hates Claude so he is always trying to bait Neely into tipping his hand on how he feels about the team’s lack of success especially in regards to Claude’s system and perceived inability to adapt. Neely, always professional, usually just gives the routine “Claude is a great coach and we trust his decision making” but lately it seems like he has been taking a few subtle jabs at him. He just doesn’t seem happy with the team or Claude. Maybe I am just reading too much into it; which is possible because I personally hate Claude as a hockey coach, but either way that is that.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Marchy63

Unfortunately all coaches have an expiry date. I think Julien is good coach, but other coaches have figured him out and teams are built to handle the physicality the Bruins play with. The Bruins do not seem to have the players that can score and finish their chances with enough consistency when compared to the elite teams like Pittsburgh and Chicago.

If you can build a team with physical players that can score you will beat this team more often than not. Yeah we can play physical, but so can other teams. We used to intimidate other teams, but now we can't and that has led to problems for this team.

If Scotty Bowman can be let go, than any coach can. It's that simple. You just have to find the right coach for the players that are on your team to get the most out of them.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:02 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post

Bring me Ted Nolan please.
He's busy in Latvia.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
cat400

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing that they were making a backhanded criticism of the Bruins' coaching staff.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:57 PM
bigcat188

Time to cut him lose, this team is one and done anyway?

Old
04-20-2013, 04:05 PM
SPLBRUIN

I'm far from being much of a fan of Julien but the last couple of games we have thoroughly outplayed both Buffalo and Pittsburgh, we just can't score to save our lives and our goalies aren't coming up big in crunch time, that's not on Julien. Do I like his line combo's, no, do I like our PP coach Ward, hell no, but he has put this team in a position to win and the players just aren't getting it done.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:06 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

If they go one and done, people will get their wish. With this forward core, one and done will get him done. I'd bet money on that.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:27 PM
averagealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy63 View Post
Unfortunately all coaches have an expiry date. I think Julien is good coach, but other coaches have figured him out and teams are built to handle the physicality the Bruins play with. The Bruins do not seem to have the players that can score and finish their chances with enough consistency when compared to the elite teams like Pittsburgh and Chicago.

If you can build a team with physical players that can score you will beat this team more often than not. Yeah we can play physical, but so can other teams. We used to intimidate other teams, but now we can't and that has led to problems for this team.

If Scotty Bowman can be let go, than any coach can. It's that simple. You just have to find the right coach for the players that are on your team to get the most out of them.
Some good points here.

I think a lot of teams in our division have added physicality while the Bruins' physicality has regressed. You can't win playing a checking and defense oriented system if other teams are more physical and your defense consistently blows leads.

On the other hand, while this team has had TONS of missed scoring opportunities this season, it still has plenty of offensive talent to go around. Claude has not utilized this talent in my opinion largely because his coaching style is so defense-oriented. I'd like to see a less-conservative style out of this team, but you can't teach an old dog (Claude) new tricks. Claude has shown an inability to make adjustments and go outside his comfort zone, and I'm losing patience with him very quickly.

Claude doesn't seem to get the basic idea of coming from behind. You want to get your best players on the ice to score goals and cut into the other team's lead. Instead, today, he gave the 4th line shifts down by 2 with less than 10 minutes left and he sends out Campbell as the extra attacker when he pulls Rask. I'm not saying that any of this really made a significant difference, but it's representative of the inexplicably stupid things that Claude often does.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
I'm far from being much of a fan of Julien but the last couple of games we have thoroughly outplayed both Buffalo and Pittsburgh, we just can't score to save our lives and our goalies aren't coming up big in crunch time, that's not on Julien. Do I like his line combo's, no, do I like our PP coach Ward, hell no, but he has put this team in a position to win and the players just aren't getting it done.
It's part of the coaches job to get the players going, and put them in positions of possible success. Just check the Jack and Brick comments wrt praise of Bylsma. It was an obvious criticism of Claude and the Gang. I'd say bring in someone else right now. maybe Guy Bouche if he isn't somewhere else. Unfortunately, Adam Oates, would've been perfect for the job but has found employment with the Caps.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:36 PM
averagealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Same **** has happened on a regular basis under that guy on 3 teams, with 100's of players, it HAS to be a coincidence.
Quote:
The entire team lacks confidence offensively except the new players that come in....and then they get sucked in too.

Claude is not getting enough out of his players....and it isn't just a couple guys.

Don't get me wrong....I know that Julien is a good coach. I just think his time has run its course here.
The two quotes basically capture my feelings pretty concisely.

He's too little production from too many weapons, and it's not the first time this problem has emerged with him.

Claude's a good coach. I appreciate what he's done here but I think it's becoming clearer by the day that a coaching change is necessary.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:44 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I love Claude...he's a top 3 coach in the league easily, but I think he needs to go back to putting his best players with his best players, and grinders with grinders...

Bergy Line
Looch-DK-Jagr
Soderberg-Kelly-Nasty Nate
Paille-Campbell-Pervs
#22-Daugavins.

If Nate is hurt for a bit, but Peverley up with Kelly and try to recapture some of that magic.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:50 PM
tomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I love Claude...he's a top 3 coach in the league easily, but I think he needs to go back to putting his best players with his best players, and grinders with grinders...

This...

Old
04-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagealex View Post
Some good points here.

I think a lot of teams in our division have added physicality while the Bruins' physicality has regressed. You can't win playing a checking and defense oriented system if other teams are more physical and your defense consistently blows leads.

On the other hand, while this team has had TONS of missed scoring opportunities this season, it still has plenty of offensive talent to go around. Claude has not utilized this talent in my opinion largely because his coaching style is so defense-oriented. I'd like to see a less-conservative style out of this team, but you can't teach an old dog (Claude) new tricks. Claude has shown an inability to make adjustments and go outside his comfort zone, and I'm losing patience with him very quickly.

Claude doesn't seem to get the basic idea of coming from behind. You want to get your best players on the ice to score goals and cut into the other team's lead. Instead, today, he gave the 4th line shifts down by 2 with less than 10 minutes left and he sends out Campbell as the extra attacker when he pulls Rask. I'm not saying that any of this really made a significant difference, but it's representative of the inexplicably stupid things that Claude often does.
This!

It baffles my mind. As does his decisions to play Pandawful so much this season, having Gregory Campbell on the first line, dropping Seguin to the 4th line or Peverly and Lucic with Thornton.

Claude Julie's thinking seems to be @$$ backwards. He demotes players to 3rd and 4th lines and puts them into a position to do even worse than before. I agree with the posters from the other thread. In Pittsburgh, it's best players are put into position to succeed, not fail.

Swapping our 4th line guys with our top 6 is not helping solve anything.

Gregory campbell as an extra attacker with 1 minute to go... again.. not helping put your team in the best position to win.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Dr Quincy

I don't think there is any coach out there that is perfect. There are lots of things I disagree with Claude about, but in no way should he be fired. If the team goes out in the 1st round this year again, AND underperforms next year too.... ok then it's a conversation worth having, but nothing tells me right now that the Bruins would be better with anyone else.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:57 PM
averagealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I don't think there is any coach out there that is perfect. There are lots of things I disagree with Claude about, but in no way should he be fired. If the team goes out in the 1st round this year again, AND underperforms next year too.... ok then it's a conversation worth having, but nothing tells me right now that the Bruins would be better with anyone else.
So we should go at least another whole year before even considering firing Claude? I strongly disagree.

People will be calling for Claude's head if the team gets eliminated in the first round again, and rightfully so. The Bruins have had great talent and depth for the past few years, and back-to-back years going one and done would be inexcusable. This roster has too much potential.

I think people here are still under the control of 2011 cup nostalgia. Claude's system worked perfectly that year, but it hasn't been that effective in a while.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Cynicaps

Fire Claude ASAP, have Cam come down from the front office to coach the rest of the season/playoffs, and take things from there. The Bruins have nothing to really lose.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

Bergy Line
Looch-DK-Jagr
Soderberg-Kelly-Nasty Nate
Paille-Campbell-Pervs
#22-Daugavins.

If Nate is hurt for a bit, but Peverley up with Kelly and try to recapture some of that magic.
Yup. We have a top6 and a bottom 6 the intermingling just doesn't work. The chemistry isn't there.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:44 PM
bbruins3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
Fire Claude ASAP, have Cam come down from the front office to coach the rest of the season/playoffs, and take things from there. The Bruins have nothing to really lose.
Yea that would do it.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Cynicaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbruins3 View Post
Yea that would do it.
Why not think outside the box?

Old
04-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
Why not think outside the box?
Idk the box seems like a good strategy, execution Is what's lacking.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:43 PM
canoebears

Our best forward combination against buffalo was Paille and Kelly. So what does Claude do, he breaks them up, sorry i dont get it. Mess with the other lines from that game but why this one?

Closed Thread