Claude Julien

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 03:56 PM
VanIsle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Serious question on Claude being fired: do you think it's too soon for him to get the axe considering he won a Cup a few years ago? By that I mean: is he still in that honeymoon phase where management will give him another chance even though he wouldn't have gotten one had he not won the Cup?
I believe he will get the gate if this team does not win.

Sure you can get rid of players, but when things go wrong usually the coach is first to go. With a defense style of play first and foremost, not adjusting to change, Claude always rolls out the same lines and rarely tinkers with his lines.

There will be cap casualties such as Horton/Ference, but hopefully guys like Spooner/Krug can step in and be cheaper fill ins.

Bottom line is if the Bruins lose this series I think you have to fire Claude after back to back first round exits when the Bruins are the clear favorite in both situations.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:01 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

Sure you can get rid of players, but when things go wrong usually the coach is first to go. With a defense style of play first and foremost, not adjusting to change, Claude always rolls out the same lines and rarely tinkers with his lines.

There will be cap casualties such as Horton/Ference, but hopefully guys like Spooner/Krug can step in and be cheaper fill ins.

Bottom line is if the Bruins lose this series I think you have to fire Claude after back to back first round exits when the Bruins are the clear favorite in both situations.
I agree! The last part is the key in all this.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:05 PM
BNHL

Heard Mike Giardi imply there was a rift of some sort between Seguin and Julien. Also,spoke of the non accountability to the media by Seguin and Marchand and Horton. 5 players were available to the media last night. That's unacceptable off ice nonsense that the coach has responsibility to address. Probably won't cut Claude but this team needs a 30% overhaul of personnel and a 90% in attitude.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Scotto74
taking a break

I wouldn't read too much into the not available to the media thing. If I remember right only a select few did all the talking during the cup run as well.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
05-13-2013, 04:15 PM
bruins repeat time

Peter and Claude turned this team around . Ofcourse there will come a time when Claude has to go but we are not close to that time yet.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

Hiring Patrick Roy would be highly entertaining if Claude were to get fired.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:22 PM
chrisab123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
Peter and Claude turned this team around . Ofcourse there will come a time when Claude has to go but we are not close to that time yet.
Aside from the Cup run, this team has lost almost every series that they've been favored in and have had a cushy lead. That's a pattern not an abberation. The definition of insanity is trying to do the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. Claude refuses to juggle his lines or adjust his game plan and expects different results. I thought that playing Jagr and Krecji on the line last night would have assured that change. I underestimated Claude Julien

Old
05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Heard Mike Giardi imply there was a rift of some sort between Seguin and Julien. Also,spoke of the non accountability to the media by Seguin and Marchand and Horton. 5 players were available to the media last night. That's unacceptable off ice nonsense that the coach has responsibility to address. Probably won't cut Claude but this team needs a 30% overhaul of personnel and a 90% in attitude.
As long as your captains are addressing the media I don't really get the fuss. Seems to me the only ones who get upset about players not talking to the media are the media guys themselves who get snubbed and then cry about accountability as though Murph and Haggs are the ultimate judges of hockey character.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:39 PM
bruins repeat time

I didn't realize we were favored over buffalo ----I guess I didn't because we weren't. Cup run we were underdog to flyers and canucks . That's 3 upsets so Im guessing we have about 3 upsets against us. Carolina game 7 overtime philly 4-3 game 7 Washington game 7 overtime. Newsflash to all you armchair coaches we are not losing because of the line combinations we are throwing out there. We have a few guys underperforming and we are not vastly superior to Toronto to begin with. All these teams are very very very close ----do you guys watch the other series or just boston. There are upsets and pretty well nothing but coin flip series. Chicago-minny was the only 1st rd series that wasn't up for grabs and yes im including sjose -van.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:45 PM
bruins repeat time

Anyone who knows Peter knows he is not going to want to fire him it would have to come from Neely. Hey why not get rid of claude and peter --we should be able to get the 1st pick again within a few years.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
I didn't realize we were favored over buffalo ----I guess I didn't because we weren't.
Not trying to make a point about anything you said other than that I actually considered the Bruins the favorite in that series. We were the established talent that wasn't playing up to potential and who could break out at any time, and they were the new kids on the block that people thought might be playing over their heads. I think an apt comparison for this year would be Detroit and Anaheim. I don't know much about what people were saying about that series prior to it happening, but I had Detroit in 6 or 7.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:50 PM
daigohgoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Hiring Patrick Roy would be highly entertaining if Claude were to get fired.
Sorry, Roy is going to the Avs with Sakic.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:57 PM
bruins repeat time

trap Jesus im not going to go over every series I went by the vegas fav. Ryan miller had a fantastic year we had an unproven playoff goalie. To be honest money wise we were a fair dog. To be honest philly-boston 2010 was almost a flip odds wise and I added that in there as an upset loss so I don't really accept one where the odds were far greater taken away.

Old
05-13-2013, 05:01 PM
BNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
As long as your captains are addressing the media I don't really get the fuss. Seems to me the only ones who get upset about players not talking to the media are the media guys themselves who get snubbed and then cry about accountability as though Murph and Haggs are the ultimate judges of hockey character.
They have to stand up like men,not cowering children-all of them! Face up! Isn't it contractual also?

Old
05-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

Bruins were not a clear favorite this year. Its a 4th & 5th seed and the Bruins were headed downhill going into the playoffs.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:21 PM
bostonphoenix

****ing fire claude.

tonight.

this is unacceptable.

we are a prime example of futility under his watch.

At what point do we not let him walk for the PP?

he has overseen two of the most epic playoff collapses in hockey history.

Philly and then 3 games in a row where he can't close it out. This needs to change.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:25 PM
bigbadbruins1

win or lose this game he should be fired. the " he won us a cup" is a BS excuse. he won on the coat tails of a hot goalie and was praised as a great coach. but the fact of the matter is Lou Lams had a reason for firing him when his team was #1 in the eastern conference with 4 games left.
the fact that the bruins can't score on James Rebound Reimer is a testament to his inability and unwillingness to adapt.

CAN HIM.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Fire Sweeney

Time for Neely to work the phones in the intermission and get Pat Quinn, Linddy Ruff or Guy Boucher ready for tomorrow's presser.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:29 PM
bostonphoenix

Win or lose he needs to be fired.

This is unacceptable.

Hope someone goes and posts a fire claude outside his house. The only thing he can say tonight is sorry. Win or lose.

He has to know he's coaching for his job.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Spencer

Send a message via AIM to Spencer
Judging by the Bruins performance in the postseason in the prior four years, it seems to me that Julien's system of "defense-first" works wonders in the regular season.

However, in the postseason where everybody seems to tighten up their defense, it exposes the Bruins offense. Note that the Bruins power play has been "eh" the past couple of years - this was especially overlooked during the Stanley Cup run because Thomas was standing on his head for the entire series.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:38 PM
bostonphoenix

At some point he has to be held accountable for the bruins PP.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:47 PM
BadBruins

What is Claude responsible for? I'm really curious what his defenders have to say. Clearly all the players sucking isn't his fault.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:48 PM
SPLBRUIN

This is going to be interesting, I suspect Neely wants Julien gone but Chia will want to keep him, I really hope Cam wins out here. We need a new coach who our young offensive players can grow under, this ain't happening under Claude's stifling system, it's time to bring excitement back to Boston.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:49 PM
DOGSTARMAN

The Cup year was great and he deserves full marks for that. Otherwise, he has overseen playoff exits in the 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 1st rounds in 4 separate years, all in Game 7s. And then there's tonight. If he ends up with 5 1st or 2nd round playoff exists, often as a favorite, you really have to take stock of whether there are other coaching options to consider. I mean, several of these playoff losses have been major disappointments. It may not be fair but, well, you can make a pretty good case that it would be. Anyway, win this friggin' game and put off this debate.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:53 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

I'll bet someone all my vcash that Julien is still here to open the next season. Not that I am certain he should be...just that I believe he will be.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Closed Thread