Notices

Daugavins

Old
06-18-2013, 12:44 AM
gillesgilbert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
The guy was a late waiver claim from a lesser team who had no use for him. I haven't seen enough of Soderberg to know if he would be better, but I would sure hope so or why the hell go to all that trouble to sign him. I have seen enough of Jordon Caron to know he brings more than this clown. Actually it makes me sick that a guy like Caron who has been around this team for years sits while this waste of space does nothing.
Last night was a convincing win.I don't think Julien is going to tinker with the lineup now.

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:46 AM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Last night was a convincing win.I don't think Julien is going to tinker with the lineup now.
Well the fourth line was brutal tonight with the exception of Peverely. Two penalties, not many offensive plays and scary in the defensive zone.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:52 AM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Well the fourth line was brutal tonight with the exception of Peverely. Two penalties, not many offensive plays and scary in the defensive zone.
Actually,they did have a few shifts where they did apply some pressure.

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:00 AM
N o o d l e s

I keep saying play the Yeti. Most here are saying Daugavins will be more steady and he's the better choice, but I'm sorry: Yeti literally CANNOT be worse than Daugavins. He can literally do every single thing that Daugavins is doing out there on the ice, except he has the potential to score, something Daugavins will never do, ever, period. He is so clearly the weak link out there for us. Even if Soderberg comes in and doesn't play great, we're at worst at status quo.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:56 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

I've been all for anyone but the dog since Campbell went out, and I think last night was just more proof that he's not the answer. I mean, at this point, I'd even prefer Pandolfo over that guy. He's a ****ing liability. Stop putting him out there. Caron, Pandolfo, the angry, one eyed Swede. Anyone. Just no more dog. Ever.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:57 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Lets hope the Bruin management has a talk with Clode and they pull the pull on Daugavin. He was awful.

A stupid penalty that could have costed the Bruins.
Goes off side on a 3 on 1
Goes off side on Thorton's rush
Was caught three deep on one of their shifts
Appears to be lost out there.

Time for a different option.
Exactly. The guy was terrible last night and has been all series long.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:58 AM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I've been all for anyone but the dog since Campbell went out, and I think last night was just more proof that he's not the answer. I mean, at this point, I'd even prefer Pandolfo over that guy. He's a ****ing liability. Stop putting him out there. Caron, Pandolfo, the angry, one eyed Swede. Anyone. Just no more dog. Ever.
^All of this.

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:23 AM
patty59

Quote:
Pandolfo? Are you on glue?

I doubt we'll see Soderberg at this point, if they replace him it will likely be with Caron, but I don't see them taking him out of the lineup.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:27 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post

I doubt we'll see Soderberg at this point, if they replace him it will likely be with Caron, but I don't see them taking him out of the lineup.
Personally, I doubt anyone could be worse.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:29 AM
patty59

Quote:
Personally, I doubt anyone could be worse.
I think that might be a bit of a stretch, especially with Pandolfo on the roster

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Turk 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
I keep saying play the Yeti. Most here are saying Daugavins will be more steady and he's the better choice, but I'm sorry: Yeti literally CANNOT be worse than Daugavins. He can literally do every single thing that Daugavins is doing out there on the ice, except he has the potential to score, something Daugavins will never do, ever, period. He is so clearly the weak link out there for us. Even if Soderberg comes in and doesn't play great, we're at worst at status quo.
I was one of those who said Daugavins is the safer option but now I'm in agreement. Dogman had his shot and it's time to give Soderberg a look. Given the heavy legs both teams are showing at times, there might be some open ice for him. In any event, your last sentence nails it.

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:12 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:

Agreed, he's a better option than Pandolfo, but either Caron or Soderberg should be in now. His entire body of work this series has been fairly atrocious. Yes, he's made a nice play here or there, and he was better in the 2nd and 3rd last night than he was the first, though it would have been hard not to be.

It isn't a matter of being enamored with Soderberg for me- in fact, Caron might be a better fit. Again though, it isn't that Daugavins isn't bringing much, it's that he's actually a detriment out there at this point.

Game 3 should be his last game until next season.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Going into these playoffs Caron had played 0 playoffs games, Daugivans 1

Caron has played 88 NHL games, 11-14-25

Daugivans has played 91 NHL games 6-9-15

Don't really know why they claimed him in the 1st place. Kind of pissed they did not offer up a 7th round pick to a crap team and gotten someone decent.

I am not the biggest Caron guy, but even if he doesn't score, I don't remember him being as inept as Daugivans has been. His handling the puck reminds me of Glenn Murray right before he was ready for the glue factory. Terrible.

Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Agreed, he's a better option than Pandolfo, but either Caron or Soderberg should be in now. His entire body of work this series has been fairly atrocious. Yes, he's made a nice play here or there, and he was better in the 2nd and 3rd last night than he was the first, though it would have been hard not to be.

It isn't a matter of being enamored with Soderberg for me- in fact, Caron might be a better fit. Again though, it isn't that Daugavins isn't bringing much, it's that he's actually a detriment out there at this point.

He's an RFA, I hope they don't qualify him.

Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:28 AM
RustyBruins72

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Actually,they did have a few shifts where they did apply some pressure.
This is what I was going to post. And those shifts happened either in late second or early third. A perfect time for your best shifts!

I think dog is nervous. He certainly isn't playing with confidence. At least early on.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:29 AM
BaBaBruins
Ludicrous Speed Go!

I doubt they mess with the lineup unless the series gets evened up & if they do Caron will probably get the call & rightfully so. Soderberg IMHO did not play enough in the NHL or on this team in general to be planted in the SCF half way into the series, too risky.

BaBaBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:32 AM
finchster

Quote:
I think that might be a bit of a stretch, especially with Pandolfo on the roster
Pandolfo can at least still kill penalties Daugavins at this point brings nothing to the table, no offense, no hitting, no PK, just a warm body.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:34 AM
nazartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post

Really depends on what the B's are trying to achieve with the fourth line. Grinders - put Caron in. If they want to complement Peverley, get Soderberg in to add some offensive punch.

I am kind of resigned to seeing Daug in the lineup. Claude sees them every day in practice and there must be something that keeps Yeti and Caron out of the line-up. I, however, saw several "benching" level brain farts from Daug yesterday, most notably the early penalty.

nazartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
He's an RFA, I hope they don't qualify him.
I'd be fine with that too but given the need they have for cheap bottom 6 guys next season, I expect to see him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazartp View Post
Really depends on what the B's are trying to achieve with the fourth line. Grinders - put Caron in. If they want to complement Peverley, get Soderberg in to add some offensive punch.

I am kind of resigned to seeing Daug in the lineup. Claude sees them every day in practice and there must be something that keeps Yeti and Caron out of the line-up. I, however, saw several "benching" level brain farts from Daug yesterday, most notably the early penalty.
I think Caron is the safer play for that line and that's generally what we see Claude opt for. Plus, Caron gives Peverley an offensive complement more than Daugavins does.

Good to see Peverley back in 2011 form last night too. He had a very strong game.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:55 AM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Caron would be much better IMO.

bruinswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:57 AM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevHortonHeat View Post
I doubt they mess with the lineup unless the series gets evened up & if they do Caron will probably get the call & rightfully so. Soderberg IMHO did not play enough in the NHL or on this team in general to be planted in the SCF half way into the series, too risky.
Daugavin is more of a liability than anything out there. He is simply brutal.

Soderberg is a 27 year old player who can easily handle himself on the ice. He simply is an upgrade. Anyone can't be much worst than what we have witnessed from the Daug.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:27 AM
dtam83

I really think the Yeti should get a shot. he'd be playing 6 minutes a night on the 4th line anyways so it shouldn't have a big impact anyways. can't get that much worst than rooster

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:07 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
Kaspars Daugaviņš is a horrid player. The only player I would be less excited to see would be Pandolfo (or perhaps Hamil, kidding, he's gone).

We are talking 5 minutes of ice time, just give it to Caron. At least he can help PK so Krejci doesn't have to burn energy killing idiotic penalties from Kaspars Daugaviņš. ****ing Kaspars Daugaviņš. Missing the open net. Constantly doing the wrong thing. Kaspars Daugaviņš. Kaspars Daugaviņš. Kaspars Daugaviņš. Go away and never return!

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
trenton1
Yes

Time to try another player.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Sevren

Daugavins sort of reminds me of Benoit Pouliot : friendly guy with an occasional flash of brilliance that makes you go wow, but in the end it is all overshadowed by stupid mistakes and bad decisions. And stupid mistakes are not welcomed in the playoffs. I agree with people saying it's time to bring someone else in.

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote