HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Daugavins

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2013, 07:22 PM
  #276
Deedot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Does anyone truly believe that we can plug in just anyone and they will hit the ground running? Our very own Tyler Seguin is having a hard enough time beating Crawford. Throwing Soderberg into the lineup doesn't necessarily translate to instant offense. The intensity on both sides of the puck from both teams is beyond what Soderberg (and Daugavins - sp?) experienced during the regular season. I keep going back to Game 1 images of Marchand getting surprised by a backchecking Hawk (namely Hossa) in the neutral zone. I think both teams have been playing hard in the neutral zone pressuring the puck carrier and forcing the play. The Hawks seemed to have gotten away from this in Game 3 and sorely missed Hossa who in my mind, has been their best 'all around' forward. His compete-level is still very high.

Who ever plays on Wednesday, the B's better plan to hit the ice from the drop of the puck and take the play to the Hawks. Looking forward to a tight, and well fought (victorious) game.

Go B's!

Deedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:49 PM
  #277
JOKER 192
Registered User
 
JOKER 192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal,Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedot View Post
Does anyone truly believe that we can plug in just anyone and they will hit the ground running? Our very own Tyler Seguin is having a hard enough time beating Crawford. Throwing Soderberg into the lineup doesn't necessarily translate to instant offense. The intensity on both sides of the puck from both teams is beyond what Soderberg (and Daugavins - sp?) experienced during the regular season. I keep going back to Game 1 images of Marchand getting surprised by a backchecking Hawk (namely Hossa) in the neutral zone. I think both teams have been playing hard in the neutral zone pressuring the puck carrier and forcing the play. The Hawks seemed to have gotten away from this in Game 3 and sorely missed Hossa who in my mind, has been their best 'all around' forward. His compete-level is still very high.

Who ever plays on Wednesday, the B's better plan to hit the ice from the drop of the puck and take the play to the Hawks. Looking forward to a tight, and well fought (victorious) game.

Go B's!
Putting Soderberg on the fourth line would have him playing against 3rd D pairing probably , which someone like him has more of a chance of exploiting than Dogman. If he does well he could further spread out the Chicago D. He may not be able to do that but he probably won't be taking stupid elbowing Penelties and then totally f***ing up a potential breakaway because he has no puck skills at all.Simple question how could he possibly do worse? Dogman is getting worse by the game. Imagine, a team that was totally desimatted with injuries had no use for him. why do you think that is? BECAUSE HE SUCKS !!!!!

JOKER 192 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
  #278
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,945
vCash: 500
The problem is that even if Daugavins can do anything worthwhile (I don't think so), he looks terrified out there. He is playing so nervously that he has become totally worthless.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:19 PM
  #279
Bruinator
Registered User
 
Bruinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
I would rather play Pandolfo than Daugavins. There, I said it.
Come on, there's no need to get personal with this.

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:22 PM
  #280
Bruinator
Registered User
 
Bruinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
The problem is that even if Daugavins can do anything worthwhile (I don't think so), he looks terrified out there. He is playing so nervously that he has become totally worthless.
Another thing to consider...I thought Peverly played the best game I have seen him play in a long time. Imagine if he had a finisher out there with him instead of a worthless tool.

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:24 PM
  #281
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
I would rather play Pandolfo than Daugavins. There, I said it.

That's crazy talk !!!!!!!

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:41 AM
  #282
Deedot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Sure Soderberg has a better skillset than Daugavins, that's not the issue in my mind. It's that Soderberg hasn't played any meaningful minutes in weeks and to throw him into an intense & tight battle when every mistake can potentially cost you the game is just crazy IMHO. One only has to look at Krug to see how you can turn from a confident performer (in the NYR series) to one who is scared of making a mistake and not playing on the instincts that got him to this level. That Game 1 pass up the middle was a huge turning point for the Hawks. I can see Soderberg also being a bit cautious out there and that's just not what we need here.

Daugavins is a good skater, gives his all during his shifts and can play some meaningful minutes if managed properly. Like Thornton, he may not generate a lot of offense but if he helps keep the pressure on the Hawks especially in their zone and on the backcheck I'm happy to have that option in the line-up. He's going to bring more physicality & drive to the line-up than Soderberg and his willingness to go the dirty areas and battle is what will open up scoring opportunities for us. There haven't been too many "skillful" goals in this series aside from Lucic & Bergeron in Game 1. Most of the goals we've scored (Kelly for one) has been because of hard work down low and in the corners. It's here that I see him being more of an asset to Soderberg.

That's my .02 cents FWIW.

Go B's!

Deedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:49 AM
  #283
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedot View Post
Sure Soderberg has a better skillset than Daugavins, that's not the issue in my mind. It's that Soderberg hasn't played any meaningful minutes in weeks and to throw him into an intense & tight battle when every mistake can potentially cost you the game is just crazy IMHO. One only has to look at Krug to see how you can turn from a confident performer (in the NYR series) to one who is scared of making a mistake and not playing on the instincts that got him to this level. That Game 1 pass up the middle was a huge turning point for the Hawks. I can see Soderberg also being a bit cautious out there and that's just not what we need here.

Daugavins is a good skater, gives his all during his shifts and can play some meaningful minutes if managed properly. Like Thornton, he may not generate a lot of offense but if he helps keep the pressure on the Hawks especially in their zone and on the backcheck I'm happy to have that option in the line-up. He's going to bring more physicality & drive to the line-up than Soderberg and his willingness to go the dirty areas and battle is what will open up scoring opportunities for us. There haven't been too many "skillful" goals in this series aside from Lucic & Bergeron in Game 1. Most of the goals we've scored (Kelly for one) has been because of hard work down low and in the corners. It's here that I see him being more of an asset to Soderberg.

That's my .02 cents FWIW.

Go B's!
What good is giving his all when it's been shown to:

A. Not be enough

and

B. A potential detriment to the team

I get the fear over playing someone else, but it's just a matter of time before Dog does something so profoundly stupid that it costs the team a goal or a game.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
  #284
qc
Registered User
 
qc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Caphell, MA
Posts: 8,974
vCash: 2000
Same lines at today's morning skate..

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
  #285
remer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,215
vCash: 500
uck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:16 PM
  #286
bruins repeat time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: burlington ont canad
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
You guys are dreaming if you expect a change before they lose a game. That being said you guys are greatly making out daugs play to be far worse than it is but what can I expect from guys who the majority of you want pevs and Kelly out for soderberg. Pandalpho over daugs is a joke- Daugs is without a doubt our weakest forward out there but so would caron , soderberg and certainly pandolpho be. Daugs is doing more now than sods did in the regular season against better competition in the hawks. I think were all hopeful sods has greatly improved but I think claude probably has a better handle on that being at skates and practices. For those of you that don't think he had to improve from his reg season games its truly amazing you saw so much good there and so bad from Kelly against the rangers and penguins . I was as excited as most about soderberg and still am going forward but he was put in a position to succeed in his short time in the reg season and he proved to be a step behind.

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:54 PM
  #287
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,453
vCash: 500
Useless player.

USELESS.


This is all on Julien for leaving him in there --there has been plenty of evidence to suggest this is way over his head. What pisses me off is that he's not even getting on the body.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:15 PM
  #288
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Useless player.

USELESS.


This is all on Julien for leaving him in there --there has been plenty of evidence to suggest this is way over his head. What pisses me off is that he's not even getting on the body.
Yup.

And Julien has been done some serious favors this playoffs in the other coaches making big blunders.

I don't get this. Daug is 24 and Carl is 28 furthermore.


And Daug and Thornton on the same line is trouble waiting to happen, even if they had GC centering them.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:17 PM
  #289
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
What do you do at this point? He's playing about 8mins a night. Honestly, I don't think Soderberg brings you much, but he's not as bad as Daugavins, I think Caron would be the smarter choice. And I'm not even a Caron fan. I just think he's a good fit for the 4th line.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:54 PM
  #290
Kalus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Quincy
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Useless player.

USELESS.


This is all on Julien for leaving him in there --there has been plenty of evidence to suggest this is way over his head. What pisses me off is that he's not even getting on the body.
Josh Langfeld 2.0

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:10 PM
  #291
kytem2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Hood Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,327
vCash: 500
Daugavins and Jagr have the same number of goals scored thus far.

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:07 PM
  #292
Bruinator
Registered User
 
Bruinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
Daugavins and Jagr have the same number of goals scored thus far.
WTF is that supposed to mean. jagre has been great, helped the pp and has 10 assists.

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:08 PM
  #293
Bruinator
Registered User
 
Bruinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Useless player.

USELESS.


This is all on Julien for leaving him in there --there has been plenty of evidence to suggest this is way over his head. What pisses me off is that he's not even getting on the body.
And just like I said, look how great Peverly was again tonight, imagine if he had a skill guy out there with him.

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:41 PM
  #294
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,085
vCash: 500
It must be time to sit him by now. He is simply awful, offers nothing.

I'm leaning towards Caron.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:52 PM
  #295
trenton1
Paille Good
 
trenton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Loge 31 Row 10
Country: Belize
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
I think the series would be over if Campbell were able to play. This waiver crap is the only Bruin who is not "hard to play against" in some way. He is outside of the mold of the team and not in a good way. I blame Chiarelli a bit here for not even having a "hard to play against" option for the 13th forward.

I would almost prefer 7 D over this nightmare.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:05 AM
  #296
remer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,215
vCash: 500
Dog = BRUTAL

With him and Thorton out there we simply do not have a fourth line

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:06 AM
  #297
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Dog = BRUTAL

With him and Thorton out there we simply do not have a fourth line
Yup, I am getting trolled very hard for starting a thread about this but its the truth.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:29 AM
  #298
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
I'm pretty mad at Claude for the fact that Soderberg didn't play tonight

now the series is tied

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:46 AM
  #299
gillesgilbert
Registered User
 
gillesgilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Dogman's overall affect on this series is miniscule. I can't understand the constant debate concerning him.As if inserting Soderberg is going to put us over the top.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:49 AM
  #300
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Dogman's overall affect on this series is miniscule. I can't understand the constant debate concerning him.As if inserting Soderberg is going to put us over the top.
It matters. Peverley had his best game of the playoffs and the line looked terrible the few times it was on the ice b/c Daug and Shawn are flat out bad.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.