HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Daugavins

Old
06-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Deedot

vCash: 500
Does anyone truly believe that we can plug in just anyone and they will hit the ground running? Our very own Tyler Seguin is having a hard enough time beating Crawford. Throwing Soderberg into the lineup doesn't necessarily translate to instant offense. The intensity on both sides of the puck from both teams is beyond what Soderberg (and Daugavins - sp?) experienced during the regular season. I keep going back to Game 1 images of Marchand getting surprised by a backchecking Hawk (namely Hossa) in the neutral zone. I think both teams have been playing hard in the neutral zone pressuring the puck carrier and forcing the play. The Hawks seemed to have gotten away from this in Game 3 and sorely missed Hossa who in my mind, has been their best 'all around' forward. His compete-level is still very high.

Who ever plays on Wednesday, the B's better plan to hit the ice from the drop of the puck and take the play to the Hawks. Looking forward to a tight, and well fought (victorious) game.

Go B's!

Deedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:49 PM
JOKER 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedot View Post
Does anyone truly believe that we can plug in just anyone and they will hit the ground running? Our very own Tyler Seguin is having a hard enough time beating Crawford. Throwing Soderberg into the lineup doesn't necessarily translate to instant offense. The intensity on both sides of the puck from both teams is beyond what Soderberg (and Daugavins - sp?) experienced during the regular season. I keep going back to Game 1 images of Marchand getting surprised by a backchecking Hawk (namely Hossa) in the neutral zone. I think both teams have been playing hard in the neutral zone pressuring the puck carrier and forcing the play. The Hawks seemed to have gotten away from this in Game 3 and sorely missed Hossa who in my mind, has been their best 'all around' forward. His compete-level is still very high.

Who ever plays on Wednesday, the B's better plan to hit the ice from the drop of the puck and take the play to the Hawks. Looking forward to a tight, and well fought (victorious) game.

Go B's!
Putting Soderberg on the fourth line would have him playing against 3rd D pairing probably , which someone like him has more of a chance of exploiting than Dogman. If he does well he could further spread out the Chicago D. He may not be able to do that but he probably won't be taking stupid elbowing Penelties and then totally f***ing up a potential breakaway because he has no puck skills at all.Simple question how could he possibly do worse? Dogman is getting worse by the game. Imagine, a team that was totally desimatted with injuries had no use for him. why do you think that is? BECAUSE HE SUCKS !!!!!

JOKER 192 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
EverettMike

The problem is that even if Daugavins can do anything worthwhile (I don't think so), he looks terrified out there. He is playing so nervously that he has become totally worthless.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
I would rather play Pandolfo than Daugavins. There, I said it.
Come on, there's no need to get personal with this.

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
The problem is that even if Daugavins can do anything worthwhile (I don't think so), he looks terrified out there. He is playing so nervously that he has become totally worthless.
Another thing to consider...I thought Peverly played the best game I have seen him play in a long time. Imagine if he had a finisher out there with him instead of a worthless tool.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:24 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
I would rather play Pandolfo than Daugavins. There, I said it.

That's crazy talk !!!!!!!

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Deedot

Sure Soderberg has a better skillset than Daugavins, that's not the issue in my mind. It's that Soderberg hasn't played any meaningful minutes in weeks and to throw him into an intense & tight battle when every mistake can potentially cost you the game is just crazy IMHO. One only has to look at Krug to see how you can turn from a confident performer (in the NYR series) to one who is scared of making a mistake and not playing on the instincts that got him to this level. That Game 1 pass up the middle was a huge turning point for the Hawks. I can see Soderberg also being a bit cautious out there and that's just not what we need here.

Daugavins is a good skater, gives his all during his shifts and can play some meaningful minutes if managed properly. Like Thornton, he may not generate a lot of offense but if he helps keep the pressure on the Hawks especially in their zone and on the backcheck I'm happy to have that option in the line-up. He's going to bring more physicality & drive to the line-up than Soderberg and his willingness to go the dirty areas and battle is what will open up scoring opportunities for us. There haven't been too many "skillful" goals in this series aside from Lucic & Bergeron in Game 1. Most of the goals we've scored (Kelly for one) has been because of hard work down low and in the corners. It's here that I see him being more of an asset to Soderberg.

That's my .02 cents FWIW.

Go B's!

Deedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:49 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedot View Post
Sure Soderberg has a better skillset than Daugavins, that's not the issue in my mind. It's that Soderberg hasn't played any meaningful minutes in weeks and to throw him into an intense & tight battle when every mistake can potentially cost you the game is just crazy IMHO. One only has to look at Krug to see how you can turn from a confident performer (in the NYR series) to one who is scared of making a mistake and not playing on the instincts that got him to this level. That Game 1 pass up the middle was a huge turning point for the Hawks. I can see Soderberg also being a bit cautious out there and that's just not what we need here.

Daugavins is a good skater, gives his all during his shifts and can play some meaningful minutes if managed properly. Like Thornton, he may not generate a lot of offense but if he helps keep the pressure on the Hawks especially in their zone and on the backcheck I'm happy to have that option in the line-up. He's going to bring more physicality & drive to the line-up than Soderberg and his willingness to go the dirty areas and battle is what will open up scoring opportunities for us. There haven't been too many "skillful" goals in this series aside from Lucic & Bergeron in Game 1. Most of the goals we've scored (Kelly for one) has been because of hard work down low and in the corners. It's here that I see him being more of an asset to Soderberg.

That's my .02 cents FWIW.

Go B's!
What good is giving his all when it's been shown to:

A. Not be enough

and

B. A potential detriment to the team

I get the fear over playing someone else, but it's just a matter of time before Dog does something so profoundly stupid that it costs the team a goal or a game.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
qc

vCash: 2000
Same lines at today's morning skate..

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
remer

uck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:16 PM
bruins repeat time

You guys are dreaming if you expect a change before they lose a game. That being said you guys are greatly making out daugs play to be far worse than it is but what can I expect from guys who the majority of you want pevs and Kelly out for soderberg. Pandalpho over daugs is a joke- Daugs is without a doubt our weakest forward out there but so would caron , soderberg and certainly pandolpho be. Daugs is doing more now than sods did in the regular season against better competition in the hawks. I think were all hopeful sods has greatly improved but I think claude probably has a better handle on that being at skates and practices. For those of you that don't think he had to improve from his reg season games its truly amazing you saw so much good there and so bad from Kelly against the rangers and penguins . I was as excited as most about soderberg and still am going forward but he was put in a position to succeed in his short time in the reg season and he proved to be a step behind.

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Colt.45Orr

Useless player.

USELESS.

This is all on Julien for leaving him in there --there has been plenty of evidence to suggest this is way over his head. What pisses me off is that he's not even getting on the body.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:15 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Useless player.

USELESS.

This is all on Julien for leaving him in there --there has been plenty of evidence to suggest this is way over his head. What pisses me off is that he's not even getting on the body.
Yup.

And Julien has been done some serious favors this playoffs in the other coaches making big blunders.

I don't get this. Daug is 24 and Carl is 28 furthermore.

And Daug and Thornton on the same line is trouble waiting to happen, even if they had GC centering them.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:17 PM
patty59

What do you do at this point? He's playing about 8mins a night. Honestly, I don't think Soderberg brings you much, but he's not as bad as Daugavins, I think Caron would be the smarter choice. And I'm not even a Caron fan. I just think he's a good fit for the 4th line.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Kalus

Quote:
Useless player.

USELESS.

Josh Langfeld 2.0

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:10 PM
kytem2

Daugavins and Jagr have the same number of goals scored thus far.

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
Daugavins and Jagr have the same number of goals scored thus far.
WTF is that supposed to mean. jagre has been great, helped the pp and has 10 assists.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Useless player.

USELESS.

And just like I said, look how great Peverly was again tonight, imagine if he had a skill guy out there with him.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:41 PM
unifiedtheory

It must be time to sit him by now. He is simply awful, offers nothing.

I'm leaning towards Caron.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:52 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

I think the series would be over if Campbell were able to play. This waiver crap is the only Bruin who is not "hard to play against" in some way. He is outside of the mold of the team and not in a good way. I blame Chiarelli a bit here for not even having a "hard to play against" option for the 13th forward.

I would almost prefer 7 D over this nightmare.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:05 AM
remer

Dog = BRUTAL

With him and Thorton out there we simply do not have a fourth line

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:06 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Dog = BRUTAL

With him and Thorton out there we simply do not have a fourth line
Yup, I am getting trolled very hard for starting a thread about this but its the truth.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:29 AM
westernhome

I'm pretty mad at Claude for the fact that Soderberg didn't play tonight

now the series is tied

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:46 AM
gillesgilbert

Dogman's overall affect on this series is miniscule. I can't understand the constant debate concerning him.As if inserting Soderberg is going to put us over the top.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:49 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Dogman's overall affect on this series is miniscule. I can't understand the constant debate concerning him.As if inserting Soderberg is going to put us over the top.
It matters. Peverley had his best game of the playoffs and the line looked terrible the few times it was on the ice b/c Daug and Shawn are flat out bad.