Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daugavins

Old
06-13-2013, 12:08 AM
finchster

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
If we're blaming Daugavins, then we've missed the mark entirely. Krug played the worst game tonight, Chara hit a post and we had TWO powerplays in overtime and failed to score. Daugavins missed oppertunity was bad, but let's be real here it's not any worse than some chances Seguin missed.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:09 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

god dammit... ****ing ****

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:09 AM
SergeiSamsonov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
If we're blaming Daugavins, then we've missed the mark entirely. Krug played the worst game tonight, Chara hit a post and we had TWO powerplays in overtime and failed to score. Daugavins missed oppertunity was bad, but let's be real here it's not any worse than some chances Seguin missed.
No one else had a WIDE OPEN net and decided to go for the ****ing backhand for whatever reason.

SergeiSamsonov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:10 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Inexcusable missing the net for him. He hadn't played much, was fresh. You're a professional hockey player on THE BIGGEST STAGE of the sport. No excuses whatsoever fly.

That said there were MULTIPLE chances before his that should have been in the back of the net, that's on those players as well.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Curls13

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
******* cost us the game and probably the series. The 2013 Glen Wesley.

I used to like his game, now I don't want him anywhere near the ice for the rest of the series.
^^^^
THIS! shoot the puck ya JACKWAGON...

Curls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:12 AM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Where is the .gif of him dekeing on the empty net?

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:13 AM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU PULL THAT TO YOUR BACKHAND YOU ****lNG **** THE WHOLE ****ING NET WAS WIDE OPEN ON YOUR FOREHAND **** OFF JESUS CHRIST

David Krejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:15 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
WHY THE **** WOULD YOU PULL THAT TO YOUR BACKHAND YOU ****lNG **** THE WHOLE ****ING NET WAS WIDE OPEN ON YOUR FOREHAND **** OFF JESUS CHRIST
Pretty much

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:16 AM
rkwittem

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
THANK YOU. I can't think of any good reason to do that. No wonder he got put on waivers. Can we pllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee put the Yeti in next game?

rkwittem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:20 AM
CJDolan

This ****ing clown needs to learn his role in the NHL. He's not a skill player, he was a healthy scratch until a guy broke his leg and he is now an emergency plug in. You are there to play hard, not **** up defensively/turning it over, and to KEEP IT SIMPLE. You see an open net? You put the puck in it. Dagauvins for some reason thinks he is being paid to fill up highlight reels.

I didn't mind his spinorama move he tried on Rask earlier this season, I figured he was just trying something different. After seeing that ********* he just pulled on a wide open net, I can see this guy just wants to make a pretty play. Get this moron off the roster and let him make his highlight reel moves in the AHL next year.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:21 AM
DougiesGoingDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem View Post
THANK YOU. I can't think of any good reason to do that. No wonder he got put on waivers. Can we pllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee put the Yeti in next game?
With no Horton, he most likely will be anyway

DougiesGoingDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:29 AM
CJDolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougiesGoingDeep View Post
With no Horton, he most likely will be anyway
Not when there's still a few offensive retards on the team that wot turn it over but also won't score.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:33 AM
hooked

I think even I would have scored on that play. And I suck...

hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Lepardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiSamsonov View Post
No one else had a WIDE OPEN net
It's not a wide open net when the goalie's stick is there to cover a part of it. Ofcourse he still would have had a better chance of scoring on the forehand, but it's not just a simple tap-in.

Lepardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:37 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Well, I guess I know what Daugavins is now. All it takes is a 3 OT SCF game to get to know your players.

trenton1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 06:09 AM
SPLBRUIN

Last night's missed open net was exactly why I didn't want him inserted into the lineup, guy has zero offensive skills, we need to play someone who at least has the potential to score. That missed open net could end up costing us the cup, shades of Glen Wesley vs Edmonton, such an unpleasant memory.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 06:37 AM
FallsForItEveryYear

Just about anyone who can skate and hold a stick would have scored there. Soderberg over daugavins next game. Should have been that way from the start but clode gonna clode

FallsForItEveryYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 06:46 AM
rocketdan9

I don't mind Daug, but he is a big time hog and a little showoff.

- The showoff crap came when he initially had a open net to shoot at from seguins pass and instead tries to score a dazzling one instead.

- I think it was the ot prior, he had the puck in the offensive zone, with two guys chasing him, krug came into the picture and instead of passing, tries to rocket a shot that just rocketed into the chest of crawford.

I like the defense, taking the body, i don't like the way he goes about his offense

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 06:46 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Some trivia about Kaspars Daugavins: He was the original choice for this Geico commercial, but he kept drawing it to his backhand and could never get through all 15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc3z9gBlgOM

Last edited by bruins309: 06-13-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: embed wont work
bruins309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 06:59 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
His missed opportunity was a killer.

Seguin had good chances that he generated, but he also had guys on him with his chances. You are in the 3rd OT, guys are tired, ice is bad, Golden Rule is you put the ******* puck on net. It was not a gimme, but all he had to do was lift it over Cc's stick, and instead he goes for the deke.

Soderberg would have buried that.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:34 AM
bucckevin

What he did in OT, as an offensive player, is inexcusable. What was he thinking there? All he had to do was tap the puck forward. There is absolutely no reason to put it on the backhand and try to go across the crease.

Get Soderberg in the game. Daugavins didn't do anything noteworthy in the game except turn a couple pucks over in the neutral zone.

bucckevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:56 AM
mikelvl

As someone mentioned earlier, Daugavins (the poor man's Peter Schaefer) has cemented his place in Bruins history as the Glen Wesley of 2013. I think Jay Pandolfo would have scored there....no wait, he would have fanned on it, but anyone else would have scored.

We are going to look back at this one and rue this missed opportunity. You can't give Chicago a game like this. They're too good.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:58 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
As someone mentioned earlier, Daugavins (the poor man's Peter Schaefer) has cemented his place in Bruins history as the Glen Wesley of 2013. I think Jay Pandolfo would have scored there....no wait, he would have fanned on it, but anyone else would have scored.

We are going to look back at this one and rue this missed opportunity. You can't give Chicago a game like this. They're too good.
Pandolfo wouldn't have even been in the right position. Too slow.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 07:59 AM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiSamsonov View Post
No one else had a WIDE OPEN net and decided to go for the ****ing backhand for whatever reason.
no one else could of saucered a shot in the back of the net. that was so open it was like the ocean

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:13 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Yep, should he have buried it?? U betcha, but there were more than enough opportunities long before his to do so.

Fun game, ups/down, highs and lows, this team will bounce back, not worried one bit in spite of the potential absence of Horty

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote