HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Vincent Lecavalier?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 05:55 PM
  #1
Flamester
Registered User
 
Flamester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: calgary
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
What happened to Vincent Lecavalier?

hey guys, Flames fan coming in peace. i just just wondering what happened to vinny. i remember him being one the most dominant players in the came. i rarely hear about him anymore though. is he struggling or something??

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:59 PM
  #2
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
hey guys, Flames fan coming in peace. i just just wondering what happened to vinny. i remember him being one the most dominant players in the came. i rarely hear about him anymore though. is he struggling or something??
He's injured a lot of the time. When Vinny is on, he is ON. That is to say, he's usually noticeable on the ice when he's on it. He's been one of our better players since he came back from injury. If not perhaps THE best besides Bishop.

He also REALLY helps our power play.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
  #3
Flamester
Registered User
 
Flamester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: calgary
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
He's injured a lot of the time. When Vinny is on, he is ON. That is to say, he's usually noticeable on the ice when he's on it. He's been one of our better players since he came back from injury. If not perhaps THE best besides Bishop.

He also REALLY helps our power play.
yea this year hes not to bad 27 points in 32 games. i hope he continues that trend to next season. hes one of my favorite players

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
  #4
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 500
He's lost a step with age but he is still one of the better puck handlers in the league. When he wants the puck, he's gonna keep it. Been injured and played with a bad foot injury for a while. Still almost PPG, so not bad. His days of lighting up the league are done though

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:59 PM
  #5
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 500
Matt Cooke. Then surgery after surgery for no offseason training, all rehab. Sami Salo broke his foot this season.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:58 PM
  #6
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Matt Cooke. Then surgery after surgery for no offseason training, all rehab. Sami Salo broke his foot this season.
To clarify: Salo broke Vinny's foot.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:23 PM
  #7
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
To clarify: Salo broke Vinny's foot.


poor Sami.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:59 AM
  #8
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
Injuries and age..

Still excellent 2nd line C when healthy.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:53 AM
  #9
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Injuries and age..

Still excellent 2nd line C when healthy.
Come on, he would be the first line center on most of the teams in the NHL. He is currently the 20th best center when it comes to the PPG rating. Only teams with 2 centers until his spot:
Pit, Van, Wsh and of course Tampa.
So he would be the #1 center on half of the teams in the NHL. And he is definitly good enough to do so

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:51 PM
  #10
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,378
vCash: 50
He's still probably the most gifted and most skilled player on the team. There's so many little moves he does with and without the puck only very few players in this league can do. When he's healthy he's on. He's physical, using his size, scoring goals, creating chances for other players, playing D... Too bad he's injured a lot.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:19 PM
  #11
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
He's still probably the most gifted and most skilled player on the team. There's so many little moves he does with and without the puck only very few players in this league can do. When he's healthy he's on. He's physical, using his size, scoring goals, creating chances for other players, playing D... Too bad he's injured a lot.
Ehhh, I don't know if i'd go that far. Really, its his attitude that still holds him back at times.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:43 PM
  #12
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Come on, he would be the first line center on most of the teams in the NHL. He is currently the 20th best center when it comes to the PPG rating. Only teams with 2 centers until his spot:
Pit, Van, Wsh and of course Tampa.
So he would be the #1 center on half of the teams in the NHL. And he is definitly good enough to do so
Which is why I said excellent 2nd line C. Bc it describes what he is for Tampa.

imo he would

ANA: 2nd line C
BOS: 1 A/B with Bergeron.
BUF: 1st line C
CGY 1st line C
CAR: 2nd line C.. maybe 1A/B combo with Eric Staal.
CHI: 2nd line C
COL: 2nd line, behind Duchene
CLB: 1st line C
DAL: 1A/B with Benn.
DET: He's behind Zett and Dats but I think he would be 2nd line C there, D and Z on 1st line as they are now.
EDM: Tough one.. I'd give the edge above RNH for now.
FLA: 1st line C
LA: 2nd line C.. maybe behind Richards. He's not what he was few years ago offensively.
MIN: 1 A/B with Koivu.. maybe slight edge for Koivu
MTL: 1st line C
NSH: 1st line C
NJD: 1st line C
NYI: 2nd line C
NYR: 1st line I guess.. Brad has fallen off and Stepan isn't above Vinny as of now.
OTT: 2nd line C
PHI: 2nd line C
PIT: 3rd line C
PHX: 1st line C
SJ: Tough one.. Behind JT.. arguable with Pavelski and Couture.
STL: 1st line C, slight edge above Backes. That's when healthy. Backes hasn't been as good this year.
VAN: Close with Kesler.. both have suffered from injuries but are great when healthy
WPG: I'd say 1st line C
WSH: Hard one with Ribeiro.. Ribs may produce more but Vinny beats him in every other category.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 06:57 PM
  #13
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Canucks fan here. I journeyed over to your board for the same reason as the original poster: curiosity about Lecavalier. I've heard noises about the Lightning buying him out, but the consensus seems to be that when healthy he's still very valuable, which is more or less what I thought. Is the buyout stuff just media nonsense?

lindgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 07:06 PM
  #14
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,932
vCash: 500
What happened to Vincent Lecavalier?

Well, despite what some may think, Vinny is not actually balding like Getzlaf. He shaved it all off for 'Cut for a Cure'.

https://twitter.com/VLecavalier4/sta...897345/photo/1

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 07:10 PM
  #15
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
Canucks fan here. I journeyed over to your board for the same reason as the original poster: curiosity about Lecavalier. I've heard noises about the Lightning buying him out, but the consensus seems to be that when healthy he's still very valuable, which is more or less what I thought. Is the buyout stuff just media nonsense?
All the Lecavalier buyout talk has come from the media. Yzerman hasn't said a thing about buying anyone out. So imo he won't be boughtout. There's other moves we could do for cap relief if we had to, before attempting to move Vinny.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 07:10 PM
  #16
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Which is why I said excellent 2nd line C. Bc it describes what he is for Tampa.

imo he would

ANA: 2nd line C
BOS: 1 A/B with Bergeron.
BUF: 1st line C
CGY 1st line C
CAR: 2nd line C.. maybe 1A/B combo with Eric Staal.
CHI: 2nd line C
COL: 2nd line, behind Duchene
CLB: 1st line C
DAL: 1A/B with Benn.
DET: He's behind Zett and Dats but I think he would be 2nd line C there, D and Z on 1st line as they are now.
EDM: Tough one.. I'd give the edge above RNH for now.
FLA: 1st line C
LA: 2nd line C.. maybe behind Richards. He's not what he was few years ago offensively.
MIN: 1 A/B with Koivu.. maybe slight edge for Koivu
MTL: 1st line C
NSH: 1st line C
NJD: 1st line C
NYI: 2nd line C
NYR: 1st line I guess.. Brad has fallen off and Stepan isn't above Vinny as of now.
OTT: 2nd line C
PHI: 2nd line C
PIT: 3rd line C
PHX: 1st line C
SJ: Tough one.. Behind JT.. arguable with Pavelski and Couture.
STL: 1st line C, slight edge above Backes. That's when healthy. Backes hasn't been as good this year.
VAN: Close with Kesler.. both have suffered from injuries but are great when healthy
WPG: I'd say 1st line C
WSH: Hard one with Ribeiro.. Ribs may produce more but Vinny beats him in every other category.
I hope you mean as a 2nd line C, Vinny's close to Ribeiro. In no world is Ribeiro or Vinny better than Backstrom (maybe 2006-08 Vinny was).

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 07:41 PM
  #17
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
All the Lecavalier buyout talk has come from the media. Yzerman hasn't said a thing about buying anyone out. So imo he won't be boughtout. There's other moves we could do for cap relief if we had to, before attempting to move Vinny.
Thanks very much, DaysOf.

lindgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 11:31 PM
  #18
garmonbozia
Registered User
 
garmonbozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
I think the buyout talk is driven by the ability to recoup SO much cap space without penalty (other than the actual dollars paid), ~$55m if done this offseason and ~$45m if done next. Cap savings thereafter are less than $10m any given year despite being still owed well in excess of that. The penalty vs. cap hit doesn't become manageable again until the last two years of the deal as far as a buyout goes. So, its either buy him out this year or next, or eat it until the end.

Cap recapture rules on the old 'retirement' contracts make trading him all but impossible for the Lightning to risk, even as it becomes a more and more enticing option for potential trade partners the further along in his contract he gets.

End of the day, I think he remains a Bolt for the rest of his career and am fine with that if thats how it goes.


A thoroughly comprehensive look at the numbers involved was recently posted at boltsprospects.com. If interested I recommend giving it a look see...

http://www.boltprospects.com/content...-bay-lightning

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 08:00 AM
  #19
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
I hope you mean as a 2nd line C, Vinny's close to Ribeiro. In no world is Ribeiro or Vinny better than Backstrom (maybe 2006-08 Vinny was).
Yes, Bäcks would be #1.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.