HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

XBOX 360 NHL13 GM Connected | Playoffs underway! |

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester View Post
Is this a pretty active league? Been in a few leagues but half the people never played.
Get this guy in! Seems active

Old
04-21-2013, 02:20 PM
korndog81

I just Calgary but I can't seem to pull him away from FIFA lol

Old
04-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by korndog81 View Post
I just need Calgary but I can't seem to pull him away from FIFA lol
Ya I need him also hope we can get him on NHL this sim since idk if he has even touched the disc yet lol.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:32 PM
whitehh

Quote:
I just Calgary but I can't seem to pull him away from FIFA lol
I bet Calgary draws a lot of tripping penalties.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:39 PM
boltz88

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehh View Post
I bet Calgary draws a lot of tripping penalties.
When I played him I injured all of his guys but they strangely just came back the next shift.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:46 PM
skacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltz88 View Post
When I played him I injured all of his guys but they strangely just came back the next shift.
they were faking injuries

Old
04-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I'm sorry, but what was your full record against west teams this year? Or did you stop because of the settings, or that you had a bad record and don't want to admit it.

And a note (not about dtm), do we kick people that seem to need to be instituted into a mental hospital?
I stopped counting after the first three games as I couldnt beat east teams let alone west teams. I said that I'd make it in the west back with the old settings so i didnt feel like carrying it over. That being said I'm pretty sure I ended up .500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMoney9 View Post
Im sorry but i just gotta jump in on this lol

Tampa, for god sakes, give it up. You made some bold statements in the offseason and its not the settings fault that you didnt make the playoffs in the east and wouldnt of in the west. The teams that were good before are still good, the teams that are still non-playoff teams are still that, not saying you cant improve, but stop talking like your better than all of us in the west. And ill even agree with you that two seasons ago I think the east was a little better than the west but you cant ignore the fact that the west is stacked now. I mean SJ not making the playoffs is a pretty big deal cause hes a solid player, he had some bad luck with sims and injuries the past 2 seasons. I cant imagine that you would have even finished close to a playoff spot. And saying u ONLY lost to vancouver 2-1... I dont even know what the hell thats suppose to mean. That somehow proves your a playoff player in the west?? I beat vancouver twice this season, so i guess I should get the 1st seed in the west by your logic...
I made bold statements in the old settings. If we go back I'll keep track of my record. I couldn't get used to these settings at all which is why I stopped keeping track. And I was just picking games I remember playing against west teams and I lost 2-1 against the guy who's in first place in the west and it was a good game. I'm gonna go on the record and say the east is way better than the rest as the only times I've played the west I felt way more confident in winning. Only game I had trouble with was the one game against you

Quote:
You can't just pick a random game out of a season to gauge your success. The only way to do it is to show it in the playoffs. Gotta battle someone over a long series to show you can hold your composer.

What's your playoff record like?

Also everyone in the league knew we were changing the settings. Can't use that as an excuse.
I'm using it as an excuse because I made that statement when it was the old settings. I had never played in these settings before and couldn't get used to them

Old
04-21-2013, 04:22 PM
boltz88

Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
they were faking injuries
Yup good ol soccer joke. And tampa I think you were about .200 this year not .500 lol

Old
04-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Timmy Brent*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
I stopped counting after the first three games as I couldnt beat east teams let alone west teams. I said that I'd make it in the west back with the old settings so i didnt feel like carrying it over. That being said I'm pretty sure I ended up .500

I made bold statements in the old settings. If we go back I'll keep track of my record. I couldn't get used to these settings at all which is why I stopped keeping track. And I was just picking games I remember playing against west teams and I lost 2-1 against the guy who's in first place in the west and it was a good game. I'm gonna go on the record and say the east is way better than the rest as the only times I've played the west I felt way more confident in winning. Only game I had trouble with was the one game against you

I'm using it as an excuse because I made that statement when it was the old settings. I had never played in these settings before and couldn't get used to them
when can you play?

Old
04-21-2013, 05:12 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Brent View Post
when can you play?
Wanna play around like 7-8?

Old
04-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Timmy Brent*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Wanna play around like 7-8?
ya sounds good

Old
04-21-2013, 06:19 PM
bshaw

vCash: 2000
you wanna play?!

Old
04-21-2013, 06:33 PM
JaMoney9

Tampa, its incredibly frustrating to me that u keep blaming the settings. its YOU! You have now gone 0/3 in making playoffs regardless of settings. Just suck it up and face it that your not anywhere close to as good as you think you are.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:45 PM
skacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMoney9 View Post
Tampa, its incredibly frustrating to me that u keep blaming the settings. its YOU! You have now gone 0/3 in making playoffs regardless of settings. Just suck it up and face it that your not anywhere close to as good as you think you are.
With all due respect Tampa, JaMoney is right... I've played you on both settings and you simply aren't in the caliber of other playoff teams, especially in the West. I think you need to get off your high horse, accept that there is work to be done and work on your game or your team... don't go into next season thinking you're better than the majority of this league or you'll end up a bottom team again. Just my 2 cents.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:10 PM
whitehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw View Post
you wanna play?!
I'm on now... I need Nashville and Edmonton too

Last edited by whitehh: 04-21-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
I'm on now... I need Nashville and Edmonton too
also need EDM for my last game of the season.

question, do players with injuries now carry over? I have 2 players out 30ish games... do they get a blank slate next season?

Old
04-21-2013, 07:26 PM
skacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
also need EDM for my last game of the season.

question, do players with injuries now carry over? I have 2 players out 30ish games... do they get a blank slate next season?
Yea thankfully

Old
04-21-2013, 07:30 PM
will13

How long do the playoffs typically go on for in this league?

Old
04-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebombers View Post
How long do the playoffs typically go on for in this league?
I'd say 3 weeks until the season starts again.

And ya where is Edmonton seems like he hasnt played his games and since he's a crazy mofo that will just try the whole game to injure people we should let playoff teams not have to be losing players since he isn't classy and kick him for this round lol.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:38 PM
whitehh

Quote:
I'd say 3 weeks until the season starts again.

And ya where is Edmonton seems like he hasnt played his games and since he's a crazy mofo that will just try the whole game to injure people we should let playoff teams not have to be losing players since he isn't classy and kick him for this round lol.
If he wants to meet my 4th line at center ice, he is welcome

Old
04-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Darcy Tucker

can we set EDM to play CPU if hes not around?

Old
04-21-2013, 07:41 PM
whitehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
can we set EDM to play CPU if hes not around?
Yea, Im probably going to if he doesnt show up soon.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Yea, Im probably going to if he doesnt show up soon.
By 9 sounds good?

Old
04-21-2013, 07:49 PM
whitehh

Quote:
By 9 sounds good?

yea i'll do it sooner than later so we can all get our games vs him.. would be funny if he came online at 9:01

Looking for Smashville

Old
04-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

bleh nvm

Closed Thread