HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Caps Trade Deadline Thread III (The Filip Forsberg Kerfuffle)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 12:53 AM
  #276
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,871
vCash: 500
Is there a guy in the NHL that actually uses their mouth guard?

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
  #277
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,584
vCash: 500
I've got to say that I've been significantly more impressed with Erat's game than I imagined at the time of the trade.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:42 AM
  #278
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Jussi Jokinen for free or Erat for Forsberg?
Ofcourse Jussi Jokinen! I mean who wouldn't want a slightly improved version of Wolski on their team?????

NO BRAINER!

The guy would never be on Team Tinner. His compete level is a joke. He'll show up now and then to pad his stats and is good in shootouts which happen all the time during playoffs.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:44 AM
  #279
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The Burbs
Posts: 22,445
vCash: 500
Speaking of guys who would never make Team Tinner, I'm officially off the bandwagon of pursuing Burmistrov in the off-season. That guy sacrificed a good play to avoid a hit probably half a dozen times last night.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:48 AM
  #280
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Ofcourse Jussi Jokinen! I mean who wouldn't want a slightly improved version of Wolski on their team?????

NO BRAINER!

The guy would never be on Team Tinner. His compete level is a joke. He'll show up now and then to pad his stats and is good in shootouts which happen all the time during playoffs.
In Jokinen's defence, he scored more points in one season than Erat ever did. Playing for a crappy Canes team didn't help his point production. Being a fan of the Caps doesn't mean you have to defend all of GMGM's moves. He can only change his ways by winning a SC.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:04 AM
  #281
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
In Jokinen's defence, he scored more points in one season than Erat ever did. Playing for a crappy Canes team didn't help his point production. Being a fan of the Caps doesn't mean you have to defend all of GMGM's moves. He can only change his ways by winning a SC.
ummm...this has nothing to do with GMGM. Jokinen sucks in my book. He doesn't pay the price.

Erat competes and plays physical. I don't care if he scored a few less points than Jokinen for season.

Clearly you rely on points and stats mainly. I'm sure his Corsi/Fenwick are great. You, Libertarian, are now cast into the Tinner's doghouse and will be pent up there until further notice or until you repent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Speaking of guys who would never make Team Tinner, I'm officially off the bandwagon of pursuing Burmistrov in the off-season. That guy sacrificed a good play to avoid a hit probably half a dozen times last night.
In general I try to cut younger players some slack. I didn't see the plays but I totally believe you on that. Burmistrov was absolutely invisible last night. He seems to have really regressed.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:06 AM
  #282
txpd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 48,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Is there a guy in the NHL that actually uses their mouth guard?
of course. every guy you see that nervously chews on his mouth guard between shifts uses it during his shift.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:16 PM
  #283
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,584
vCash: 500
Filip Forsberg assigned to AHL Milwaukee.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:22 PM
  #284
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Filip Forsberg assigned to AHL Milwaukee.
Interesting. They must think he'll gain more valuable experience playing in the Calder Cup play-offs than he would finishing off the season with Nashville.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:23 PM
  #285
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Is it just me or does Forsberg not look 6'1"?
He's certainly not. I stood next to him at development camp, and he would be a stretch to reach 5'10". But that's true of all players. Dale was listed at 5' 10" during his playing days and I doubt he's 5' 8"

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.