HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stefan Elliott recalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
  #1
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,460
vCash: 500
Stefan Elliott recalled

Dater tweeted that he's back up.

I really hope they just let him play for the rest of the season. Don't bench him, scratch him, or limit his minutes if/when he makes mistakes. This season is done and there are only 11 games left. EJ, Barrie, and Elliott should be playing a lot to end the season.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:22 PM
  #2
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,714
vCash: 450
the tank is on, the tank is on the way, the tank is on, the tank is OOOOONNNNNNN the way.

paraphrasing a B.B. King song for those who don't know.

let the kids play. Barrie and Elliot need to get a lot of ice time to help develop them for the future.
not concerned with the vets, they've had their shot and **** the bed numerous times.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:27 PM
  #3
18007
Fiddy
 
18007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boone, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,893
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
the tank is on, the tank is on the way, the tank is on, the tank is OOOOONNNNNNN the way.

paraphrasing a B.B. King song for those who don't know.

let the kids play. Barrie and Elliot need to get a lot of ice time to help develop them for the future.
not concerned with the vets, they've had their shot and **** the bed numerous times.
Yeah, I agree. Let Zanon or SOB eat nachos.

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:30 PM
  #4
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,714
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
Yeah, I agree. Let Zanon or SOB eat nachos.
**** that. those mothers don't deserve to draw another nickel from the Avs, no nachos, no popcorn, just sit home.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:31 PM
  #5
cgf
Fire Bednar
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: w/ Renley's Peach
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,666
vCash: 500
Hunwick-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
SOB-Elliott

for the rest of the season!

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  #6
BrickAHL
Terry Balboa
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,426
vCash: 50

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:40 PM
  #7
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,714
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Hunwick-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
SOB-Elliott

for the rest of the season!

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:40 PM
  #8
cgf
Fire Bednar
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: w/ Renley's Peach
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
Gotta ensure the tank is not stopped by all of this talent coming up.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  #9
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,714
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Gotta ensure the tank is not stopped by all of this talent coming up.
i'm sorry, but Hunwick playing about the 3rd pairing sickens me.
Zanon and SOB playing at all sickens me more but that's neither here nor there at the moment.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:48 PM
  #10
cgf
Fire Bednar
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: w/ Renley's Peach
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
i'm sorry, but Hunwick playing about the 3rd pairing sickens me.
Zanon and SOB playing at all sickens me more but that's neither here nor there at the moment.
I don't disagree on HunnyBunny or Zanon, but SOB's been good when he's played. Really limited his full-****** moments and without them he's actually a good third pairing guy who's big and tough, loved in the lockerroom, can skate and handle the puck.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:49 PM
  #11
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 12,298
vCash: 500
We probably just haven't heard that Barrie is being sent back to Lake Erie yet.

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:53 PM
  #12
Cullen Bohannon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
We probably just haven't heard that Barrie is being sent back to Lake Erie yet.
No chance, don't be silly. EJ played our most minutes last night, he'll be the one being sent down/scratched.

Cullen Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:57 PM
  #13
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 12,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
No chance, don't be silly. EJ played our most minutes last night, he'll be the one being sent down/scratched.
Ahh yes,

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:01 PM
  #14
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław
Country: Poland
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 50
Would've liked to see Pock up here instead of Elliott, but I'm okay with this.
Still would've liked to see what Pock could offer in the big league.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:06 PM
  #15
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 35,254
vCash: 50
Should have called up.pock as well sit zanon n sob

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:33 PM
  #16
Erlich Bachman
Moderator
Damnit, Jian Yang!
 
Erlich Bachman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,449
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Would've liked to see Pock up here instead of Elliott, but I'm okay with this.
Still would've liked to see what Pock could offer in the big league.
Pock has BEEN in the NHL before, played with the Rangers. There is a reason why he was playing in Europe, and has been playing in Europe since the 2009-10 season.

Not saying that he's bad, I'd think that we need to stop acting like he's some prospect, he's not, he is 31

__________________

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
Erlich Bachman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:35 PM
  #17
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,714
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I don't disagree on HunnyBunny or Zanon, but SOB's been good when he's played. Really limited his full-****** moments and without them he's actually a good third pairing guy who's big and tough, loved in the lockerroom, can skate and handle the puck.
he's been ok no doubt, but he's been ok on one of the worst defenses in the NHL(it's the worst but i can't bring myself to say it) we have too many vet guys who play like clueless rookies and still get PT, whereas when the rookies mess up they get yanked,benched and sent down.
i can live with young players making young mistakes, i can't stand people with experience playing like they have none though.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:45 PM
  #18
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,487
vCash: 500
Good move, I was hoping they would call someone up at least.

Now lets give the kids a bunch of ice time. Were not playing for anything other then pride. Sacco should just let Barrie and Elliott lose. Play as aggressively and offensively as they want to. Let them figure out for themselves when to be aggressive and when not to. Barrie has improved a lot in this department this year. Time for Elliott to do the same.


Should be a good balance of offense and defense down the stretch for us. As long as we keep losing all will be good.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:59 PM
  #19
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław
Country: Poland
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Pock has BEEN in the NHL before, played with the Rangers. There is a reason why he was playing in Europe, and has been playing in Europe since the 2009-10 season.

Not saying that he's bad, I'd think that we need to stop acting like he's some prospect,
he's not, he is 31
I know that.
I also know he isn't a prospect.
But what do we have to lose to check out if he's a capable defenceman in the NHL or not?

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
  #20
Erlich Bachman
Moderator
Damnit, Jian Yang!
 
Erlich Bachman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,449
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
I know that.
I also know he isn't a prospect.
But what do we have to lose to check out if he's a capable defenceman in the NHL or not?
I don't think that he's a capable NHL defensemen anymore, and neither did any of the other 29 teams in the NHL for the last several years.

But hey, that's just my opinion. If the Avs were to bring him up and he proved me wrong, I'd happily eat that crow.

Erlich Bachman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:04 PM
  #21
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wrocław
Country: Poland
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I don't think that he's a capable NHL defensemen anymore, and neither did any of the other 29 teams in the NHL for the last several years.

But hey, that's just my opinion. If the Avs were to bring him up and he proved me wrong, I'd happily eat that crow.
I expected you to answer quickly

Yes, I doubt his abilities as well, but I mean the season has already been a failure, so why not try something out that might be beneficial for the future (despite it probably isn't).

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:15 PM
  #22
Freudian
Clearly deranged
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 40,076
vCash: 50
Elliott has five points in the last six games. Nothing wrong with rewarding him with some NHL games at this point.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:36 PM
  #23
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Elliott has five points in the last six games. Nothing wrong with rewarding him with some NHL games at this point.
Five points in six games? He can sit in the press box eating nachos, and then after the game pay for Joe Sacco's dinner

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:54 PM
  #24
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 27,682
vCash: 500
Jeez, are they gonna do what they did last season? Call these young D up and just let them practice with the team and sit in the stands? He's just getting comfortable putting up points in the AHL. Just let him stay comfortable and build on that confidence in his overall game. Let it snowball rather than put pressure on him, and just see what he can do in camp next year.

Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:07 AM
  #25
cgf
Fire Bednar
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: w/ Renley's Peach
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,666
vCash: 500
I like giving Elliott the last 10 games in the NHL and then having him start next year eating 25+ minutes a night for Lake Erie with his buddy Duncan Siemens.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.