HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(15/04/13) Ottawa at Boston | Game Postponed, Sens home safe

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
If this is true then CNN is wayyy behind the ball as they are still saying 2 people are dead and no mention of a suspect being held and guarded.
NYPost has been wrong a few times today as I have read, CNN has been slow but in fairness when they do report something they wait for 100% confirmation. However the time in between actual news being reported is a lot of "terrorist" talk which I do not want to listen to and I certainly hope more people take their gibberish with a grain of salt.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:38 PM
L'Aveuglette
Destroyer of Heads

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CHAINZ View Post
It doesn't matter when people are in state of shock, disbelief, anger, they tend to hear what they want and just saying group(s) will lead to a lot of misplaced anger and finger pointing. I remember 9/11 and all of the pointless racism that followed because of the medias complete lack of integrity or care for the well being of people.
"Muslims" and "Iraq" are trending right now on Twitter despite no news outlet even mentioning those two words. Doesn't seem to matter what Obama or CNN says at this point, people WILL jump to conclusions.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 2550
Both marathoner friends accounted for. Phew.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Quo

vCash: 500
Quote:
It doesn't matter when people are in state of shock, disbelief, anger, they tend to hear what they want and just saying group(s) will lead to a lot of misplaced anger and finger pointing. I remember 9/11 and all of the pointless racism that followed because of the medias complete lack of integrity or care for the well being of people.
I disagree. I think those people would be jumping to conclusions regardless. If they're looking for people to vilify they will latch on to everything no matter how specious (like Obama mentioning individuals and/or groups...groups?...GROUPS!). How careful do you want Obama to be without omitting the possibility of "group" attacks? No mention of whether they're foreign or domestic groups mind you just groups.

Some media will make it their point to pander to such knee jerk xenophopia and some that don't. I'm watching the CBS feed right now and they're treading very lightly around that topic.

No one in custody yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Both marathoner friends accounted for. Phew.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:46 PM
OttawaOilers
Formerly JCF

#PrayForBoston.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:49 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
I disagree. I think those people would be jumping to conclusions regardless. If they're looking for people to vilify they will latch on to everything no matter how specious (like Obama mentioning individuals and/or groups...groups?...GROUPS!). How careful do you want Obama to be without omitting the possibility of "group" attacks? No mention of whether they're foreign or domestic groups.

Some media will make it their point to pander to such knee jerk xenophopia and some that don't. I'm watching the CBS feed right now and they're treading very lightly around that topic.

No one in custody yet.

I know people will speculate and thats understandable but as soon as the word group gets mentioned well the speculation focuses to .... well we know what group(s) are quick to get pointed at.

Step I am glad to hear as well!

Old
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 2550
Quote:
I know people will speculate and thats understandable but as soon as the word group gets mentioned well the speculation focuses to .... well we know what group(s) are quick to get pointed at.

Thanks man. Poppin a cork of a bottle of red to stray the nerves.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Quo

Quote:

If they pluck that one word completely out of context, sure. I am thinking those arguments don't last long though and very soon return to the fringe where they belong.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:13 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Nowadays the best way to get all the facts and a clear conclusion on a groundbreaking story is that you let the dust settle and evaluate the situation so as to come out with the most accurate assessment.

NYPost made a quick judgement that a couple terrorists were arrested. It's a joke really.

CNN shot it down after Boston Police telling them no one has been detained yet.

Just because a certain news source releases something first doesn't mean it's always the one on point, just like 2CHAINZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ said.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Legend Killer

What a terrible terrible tragedy... Thoughts are with everyone affected...

I hope whoever is responsible rots in hell...

Old
04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Just because a certain news source releases something first doesn't mean it's always the one on point...
It's true. Better to be 100% right than first on the story. Aaron Ward knows this. Now the NY Post does too but I'm sure that's not new for them.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:28 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Best wishes & hopes go out to Boston today.

Tough times, man. My uncle was in the B.M. last year and my wife has friends there for the run this year.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Erin Nicks ‏@erinnicks 6m

RT @mbrassard Les Sénateurs vont quitter Boston dans une trentaine de minutes, si tout va bien. #Sens

Old
04-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
"The Senators will leave Boston in thirty minutes, if all goes well." for us non-French speaking posters.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
"The Senators will leave Boston in thirty minutes, if all goes well." for us non-French speaking posters.
Thanks

Old
04-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
I feel numb. Woke up around 9 and thought I'd catch the 3rd period only to hear about this. I'm just stunned. With our team down there, it hits especially close to home.

Good call to cancel the game. Who knows what lunatics are behind this and if they had any more plans (since an indoor arena with 20k people would be a perfect place to cause more carnage).

Just stunned. My heart goes out to everyone in Boston.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:36 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 1000
Never been so happy over a cancelled game. Good call NHL.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:37 PM
vdB

My thoughts and condolences are definitely with Boston, but no need to cancel the game. Just stupid.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:38 PM
The Waffler
Registered Offender

It truly amazes me what people are capable of doing. How someone can bare to take the life of an innocent person, for what?

I hope the people in Boston are keeping strong. They went through something today that nobody should ever go through and I hope that or those maniacs are caught and served a plate of justice. I also hope that everyone who knows somebody at that marathon (which appears to be a lot of us) makes sure that they're ok and can sleep at night knowing that, because there are a lot of people who won't be.

Good on the NHL for cancelling the game tonight. Shows a great deal of respect.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Synthetek

vCash: 1764
Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Nowadays the best way to get all the facts and a clear conclusion on a groundbreaking story is that you let the dust settle and evaluate the situation so as to come out with the most accurate assessment.

NYPost made a quick judgement that a couple terrorists were arrested. It's a joke really.

CNN shot it down after Boston Police telling them no one has been detained yet.

Just because a certain news source releases something first doesn't mean it's always the one on point, just like 2CHAINZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ said.
I live in NY, don't EVER believe any the NY Post reports.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:48 PM
BB624

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdB View Post
My thoughts and condolences are definitely with Boston, but no need to cancel the game. Just stupid.

Huge need to cancel game. All Boston resources are going to the crime scene and protect the city. Playing a game would be stupid. I was a block away from the bombings and I am still shaking. The last thing this city needs is a hockey game 4 hours after a terrorist attack. Took me 4 hours to get home and I live in the city.

To everyone thank you for thru prayers.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
I remember watching quite a few games in my youth back in the 70s and 80s where fans had some pretty close contact with teams. One particular game in Boston I remember a fan jumping onto the ice and going straight for McCreary. He managed to get within 2 feet of the ref before being tackled by the linesman. Even that nutjob jumping into the penalty box a few years back to go after Domi.

Now, the person(s) who planted those bombs in Boston today are (presumably) still at large. Imagine if one of them had tickets to tonights' game and jumped into the players bench with an explosive, or hid a bomb in the stands, etc....

Not exactly a pleasant thought, is it?

The NHL did the right thing.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:58 PM
vdB

Just heighten the level of security of the game. I just hate the thought of dumb ass people taking away things we enjoy through violence. To me it seems they win.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Just heighten the level of security of the game. I just hate the thought of dumb ass people taking away things we enjoy through violence. To me it seems they win.
There are way more important things in the world then sports. Like this.

NHL, I commend you for postponing the game.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
BB624

Quote:
Do you understand there was no security possible. BPD is rightfully needed in other places. And the garden is located next to a federal building and a major train hub. Not worth the risk.

Closed Thread