HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

what would you offer for crosby??

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
what would you offer for crosby??

I know its just a dream but what would your team offer for crosby??
For Montreal this is what I would offer, then again I hate the idea of trading for one player, but hab fan seems to want him desperately so I'll take a crack at this first.

Ryder
Komisarek
Perezhogin
Zednik
Ribeiro
1st round pick

I know as usual I'll get fl;amed as anyone on this board but I'm just having fun speculating here.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
RoyIsALegend*

lol

Old
04-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
For Montreal this is what I would offer, then again I hate the idea of trading for one player, but hab fan seems to want him desperately so I'll take a crack at this first.

Ryder
Komisarek
Perezhogin
Zednik
Ribeiro
1st round pick

I know as usual I'll get fl;amed as anyone on this board but I'm just having fun speculating here.
The problem is that none of those players are 'franchise' types. No team will trade Crosby for a package based on quantity (not to take away from Ryder/Komisarek/Zednik as they are quality - just not 'franchise' quality.

IMO any deal from Montreal would have to start with your best player - Theodore - and your best prospect - Kostitsyn or Komisarek. Add from there.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:19 PM
habs_24x

Quote:

Ryder
Komisarek
Perezhogin
Zednik
Ribeiro
1st round pick

Wow!, that is pretty desperate!
i wouldnt do it

Old
04-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Habs4ever

well I think perezhogin is the best prospect for montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
The problem is that none of those players are 'franchise' types. No team will trade Crosby for a package based on quantity (not to take away from Ryder/Komisarek/Zednik as they are quality - just not 'franchise' quality.

IMO any deal from Montreal would have to start with your best player - Theodore - and your best prospect - Kostitsyn or Komisarek. Add from there.

and Kostitsyn is all hype, and how do you see quanity any ways??

Ryder Nominated for rookie of the year, easilly 30 goal scorer for years to come

Zednik goes to net hard maybe the best player montreal got when it comes to scoring goals, easilly 30 goal scorer.

Komisarek, I know he won't be next hatcher but he can be physical talented 4th defencemen every team looks for.

Ribeiro, Best player with 65 points for habs last yea its easy to portaray him as ordinary on thios forum but he'll easilly get his 70 point season with the talent he's got

Perezhon, great offensive player potential to score over 30 goals plays two way game and yes he's better then Kostitsyn.

1st round pick could be used to draft another defencemen

Ya fans on this board love to bash anyone posting anything its human nature but lets be serious here, I made a very good offer with all guys still young and I can't see how its quantity deal when most of the guys are gone be core for any team they'd go to.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Habs4ever

Montreal can't deal theodore they don't have replacement ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty

yet, if it was last then sure I would include him in the deal but Garon has been traded offseason and goalies make or break season so until Montreal finds confident starter to replace him, its not worth trading him.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Habs4ever

Problem I see with my deal is

Montreal has got lot of young guys with high potential so its easy to trade few away, and looks quanity like trade but all this guys are gone be core for montreal, I know not all teams could bidd and give away many young top guys for one player and thats where quanities strart coming in.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:34 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

From Vancouver it would have to be a package based around the Sedins and Ohlund. Honestly, I'd rather not gut the Nucks' core like that. Crosby will be better than anyone who's ever played for the Canucks, I'm sure, but a team is more than one player (unless that player's name starts with "Mario" and ends with "Lemieux")

Old
04-26-2005, 02:37 PM

Whatever Crosby's worth, I wouldn't be prepared to offer IMO....

Old
04-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Matty

Quote:
and Kostitsyn is all hype, and how do you see quanity any ways??
Right now, Crosby is all hype as well. However, Kostitsyn is seen as a guy with huge potential...he may not reach it but that does make him valuable.

Quote:
Ryder Nominated for rookie of the year, easilly 30 goal scorer for years to come
I agree, potential 30g scorer for sure, but that's not franchise material.

Quote:
Zednik goes to net hard maybe the best player montreal got when it comes to scoring goals, easilly 30 goal scorer.
Agreed. I'd love to have Zednik on the Canucks. But he's not a franchise player...not a guy you build a Cup contender around but a guy who complements the franchise guys.

Quote:
Komisarek, I know he won't be next hatcher but he can be physical talented 4th defencemen every team looks for.
He's got good potential and I believe that either him or Kostitsyn would have to involved in any deal for Crosby.

Quote:
Ribeiro, Best player with 65 points for habs last yea its easy to portaray him as ordinary on thios forum but he'll easilly get his 70 point season with the talent he's got
This is one area I disagree with. Ribeiro is worth a 2nd rounder tops IMO. He's not even a player I'd inquire after if I were GM unless I was a bottomfeeder looking to fill spaces.

Quote:
Perezhon, great offensive player potential to score over 30 goals plays two way game and yes he's better then Kostitsyn.
Kostitsyn is still seen as having the better potential and IMO this is what any GM even considering trading Crosby would look at - top end potential.

Quote:
Ya fans on this board love to bash anyone posting anything its human nature but lets be serious here, I made a very good offer with all guys still young and I can't see how its quantity deal when most of the guys are gone be core for any team they'd go to.
You're being far too sensitive and are misreading the whole quantity thing. I was pretty clear that there were good players in the offer but that none of them were potential franchise players. Any team trading Crosby will want at least one franchise player coming back in return as well as probably one potenial franchise player as well. When the Avs traded Lindros they got Forsberg to build around. There was more in the package but the key was they got that one player to build around in return.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Gus Fring

from ottawa even though it would never happen
i would offer
volchenkov fisher mezaros and a 1st
it would then be rejected and that would be the end of it

Old
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Matty

Quote:
yet, if it was last then sure I would include him in the deal but Garon has been traded offseason and goalies make or break season so until Montreal finds confident starter to replace him, its not worth trading him.
I agree with that. If I were Montreal's GM I would not want to deal off Theo as well. But that's why Montreal can't really offer up a package for Crosby that other teams couldn't beat. I know if Vancouver had the pick, I wouldn't take the original offer...I wouldn't even look at an offer that didn't include Theo. So Montreal's best hope is to win the pick.

Other than the Canucks, Montreal is the team that I want to see land Crosby. Crosby in a Habs uniform would be awesome for many reasons. But I can't see the Habs in a position to trade for Crosby - they'll have to 'win' the pick IMO.

Old
04-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Isles don't really have the assets to pull a deal for Crosby off. I would think, however, that any package would have to include Dipietro, Trent Hunter, Scatchard or Parrish, and Nillson.

Old
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

some of these pkgs are insane pkgs IMO... I dont' see Crosby getting that much, despite the hype he has here.

Compare this to Lindros deal - which many thought was too much for him, and some of these deals (like the Habs offer) seems to be even more weighted than that!

If the canucks land the top pick in the lottery (if it even happens that way), then I would seriously consider that Habs offer. We're a more complete team overall with an offer like that, then with Crosby - no matter how good he is. And in the end, having one Cup will mean more than having just Crosby on the team.

The offer I'd take here - is the first Montreal offer:

Ryder
Komisarek
Perezhogin
Zednik
Ribeiro
1st round pick

I don't consider this quantity for quality either... that terms gets overused and doesn't apply when you have 3 top 6 fowards, and 3 top prospects coming the other way...

I'd then pkg Riberio, Perezhogin and the 1st and try and get a top goalie... but imagine the canucks current roster adding Zednik and Ryder? then have a guy like Komisarek coming in as the #7 guy? It would address a lot of team needs and gets us closer to the Cup - which is more important IMO than having Crosby at this point.

I'd also consider the Isles offer: Dipetro would be great to have... Hunter and Parrish address all our forward needs as well.

Crosby is no doubt a top young prospect, and will have a lot of value... but if our team gets him, and there's an offer that improves multiple positions on our team - and isn't in the form of soon-to-be UFAs, rather longer term solutions... you'd have to consider it - and offers like this would be hard to say no to IMO.

But then again, I don't expect offers like that to be coming around for Crosby - with all the value he gets around here on hockey's future.

Old
04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
some of these pkgs are insane pkgs IMO... I dont' see Crosby getting that much, despite the hype he has here.

Compare this to Lindros deal - which many thought was too much for him, and some of these deals (like the Habs offer) seems to be even more weighted than that!

If the canucks land the top pick in the lottery (if it even happens that way), then I would seriously consider that Habs offer. We're a more complete team overall with an offer like that, then with Crosby - no matter how good he is. And in the end, having one Cup will mean more than having just Crosby on the team.

Ryder
Komisarek
Perezhogin
Zednik
Ribeiro
1st round pick

I don't consider this quantity for quality either... that terms gets overused and doesn't apply when you have 3 top 6 fowards, and 3 top prospects coming the other way...

I'd then pkg Riberio, Perezhogin and the 1st and try and get a top goalie... but imagine the canucks current roster adding Zednik and Ryder? then have a guy like Komisarek coming in as the #7 guy? It would address a lot of team needs and gets us closer to the Cup - which is more important IMO than having Crosby at this point.

I'd also consider the Isles offer: Dipetro would be great to have... Hunter and Parrish address all our forward needs as well.

Crosby is no doubt a top young prospect, and will have a lot of value... but if our team gets him, and there's an offer that improves multiple positions on our team - and isn't in the form of soon-to-be UFAs, rather longer term solutions... you'd have to consider it - and offers like this would be hard to say no to IMO.

But then again, I don't expect offers like that to be coming around for Crosby - with all the value he gets around here on hockey's future.
How can you argue though that a 6 for 1 deal isn't a quantity offer? Do any of the players come close to the potential of Crosby? Even close? IMO, that's what a quantity offer means. It doesn't mean that the players offered are crap, or fringe NHLers, (though that is often the case) but that the team is trying to make the difference up between players by offering more players of lesser ilk.

As for Vancouver, I wouldn't take that deal. For starters, we don't even have the room. We need 1 top 6 RW not two. Ribeiro we have no need for and IMO wouldn't even make the team. Komisarek would be a nice addition but somewhat redundant with Allen - especially for a team that wants to compete now.

As for packaging the players we don't need for a goalie...please. Easier said than done. Which team with a top flight goaltender is looking to trade him exactly?

IMO if I were the Canucks I'd ask for Theodore, Zednik and Montreal's 1st (or Komisarek or Kostitsyn). That makes us a much better team, addresses our needs, and gets us that much closer to the Cup which is the only scenerio where I would trade Crosby.

And I think those deals are far more realistic. Gainey isn't gonna offer up his whole team for Crosby and the team that lands that pick isn't gonna want Montreal's roster! No matter how 'fair' the deal may be, adding 6 guys to your organization isn't something that teams do.

Old
04-26-2005, 04:00 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO

Ryder
Komisarek
Perezhogin
Zednik
Ribeiro
1st round pick

Good post. I'll take this one step further: the amount asked for Crosby will depend on the team. A contending team (ie: Vancouver) would look very hard at the deals proposed here; infact, I don't see them not taking them. However, a bottom feeder / young team who lands Crosby would ask for the Moon and then some for him, as they have absolutly no need to trade such a great looking prospect.

Then you have teams like EDM that aren't contenders or bottom feeders, but probably wouldn't even look at the offered trades here. They have a tonne of depth and seriously lack high end talent, so they wouldn't be looking to trade him.

It all depends who ends up with that magical #1 pick.

Old
04-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:

he has scored once 31 goals, i don't see "easilly" right there. He could maybe reach 30 goal again, if he plays 82 games.

Old
04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
sparr0w

The Wings don't have the young commodities. At least not ones they can afford to trade in return for only one player. Zetterberg, Kronwall, Grigorenko, and then some might attract a bit of attention but I doubt it.

Old
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

I am in the whatever it takes category. The idea that a 4 or 5 for 1 deal doesn't work is mainly based around the Lindros trade when the Nords/Avs got Forsberg in return. But another example of a 5 for 1 that worked out is the Gretzky trade. No way the Oilers got enough back for him. I'll happily offer what is needed for Sid the Kid.

Smyth, York, Brewer, JDD and a 1st?

Would that be enough? If not what else might be needed?

04-26-2005, 04:24 PM
heatley15

vCash:
I'd offer any team a bag of chips for this guy....I'll even let you pick the flavour.

Old
04-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Gardebut30

vCash: 50
Steve Poapst and a 4th rounder.

Seriously, from a Hawks standpoint, or any rebuilding team with promising prospects, it's not worth to strip the ship that you're trying to build for one guy.

Last edited by Gardebut30: 04-26-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old
04-26-2005, 04:38 PM
mercury

on Hextall, Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon, 2 first-rounders, and $15 million? Maybe not. Well, the Flyers probably aren't looking to make a deal for "The Next One," but whoever has the #1 overall would want something like Carter, Pitkanen, Radivojevic, and a 1st. Bobby Clarke is definitely after Bobby Ryan and not Crosby, so that is just a hypothetical.

Old
04-26-2005, 05:00 PM
gars59

i dont want the habtrade for crosby

a team is a not a player

Old
04-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I don't want to take away from Crosby but I don't think any gm would want to gut their franchise for one player. If he is a generational talent then there's some consolation but IMO it's still a risky deal. If the Flyers had to give up what I imagine would be necessary it would set the franchise back another ten years.

Old
04-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Habs4ever

well Zednik scored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
he has scored once 31 goals, i don't see "easilly" right there. He could maybe reach 30 goal again, if he plays 82 games.

26 goals last year, 31 the year before and he's still young one season does not make a player, but it does show what he can do, and if you don't like zednik's game then too bad he's exactly what habs wanted for long time, winger that goes to net hard and he brings lot of energy plays strong game all around.

Closed Thread