HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Who does Mac T trade

Old
04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
I don't think the Oilers are that far off from making the jump to the next level.

Look at the jumps that the Leafs made this season largely by filling out the bottom of their lineup with players who are tough to play against who fill specific roles (i.e. McClement, Fraser on the Leafs adding penalty killing toughness).

The problem with the Oilers is they need help on D and they've got to many non-physical presence forwards.

The Oilers need to loss at least one small forward but preferably two. Eberle, Gagner, RNH, Hemsky, Yakupov, MPS it to little size. Hemsky because of his age and cap hit should be dealt. Hemsky needs to be put into an offensive role to potentially earn his paycheque but Eberle, Hall, Yakupov should be getting those minutes. Replacing Hemsky with a guy like a Cullen, Zubrus, Cleary type of player would make this team tougher to play against.

The D needs serious help and although people will dream about adding the big name Dman. I personally think the Oilers should just try to look at adding two legitimate # 4 20 minute a night dman who will cost only cap space (or very few assets as cap dumps). Think guys like Ballard, Hainsey, White, Scuderi.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Masked Superstar

Jake Gardiner for 1st? Way off? on wich side? Discuss

Masked Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Superstar View Post
Jake Gardiner for 1st? Way off? on wich side? Discuss
would have done it before the deadline, sure as hell not now.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
That's really the only downside to the trade (aside from Eberle making 2.5 Million more than Girardi...somehow). If the Rangers feel like they can try Del Zotto on the right side I don't see why they couldn't do that. Maybe the Oilers add a righty defensive prospect who can step in. But Staal-Del Zotto was a great pairing this year.

My final offer would be Girardi+Miller+pick if necessary for Eberle and a defensive prospect
Not denying Eberle's talent, but I don't think he fits what the Rangers really need. I think RW is actually one of the few positions the Rangers don't need help (that and LD). Their biggest holes are:

1C (due to Richards playing like poop)

1 LW (I love Hagelin, but he's not a bona fide 1st liner)

3C (Boyle doesn't cut it, Brassard isn't big or defensively responsible enough, MIGHT be filled by Miller next year but who knows?)

3 LW (Clowe is slowe and wants WAY too much $, MIGHT be filled by Kreider next year, but who knows?).

Gagner might be able to help if either he or Stepan can take 1C duties. I suppose you could trade for Eberle and put Nash on LW, but it's just going to create more holes elsewhere.

Last edited by NYR1967: 04-16-2013 at 10:58 AM.
NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

he actually named lucic by name lol... I know I know... but its not as dumb as it seems at first glance.

lucic is a huge cap hit and boston has a surplus of big strong players... Horton is an ufa we lose for nothing... lucic actually has trade value

my proposal for the b's is we resign Horton at a lower cap hit... and move lucic to Edmonton to help the oilers with their desire to get bigger/stronger

my suggestion lucic to Edmonton for paajarvi and Edmonton's first. then boston signs Horton. so its really Horton, paarjarvi, and edmontons first for lucic.

I don't think paajarvi ultimately fits into edmontons plans... but hes worth a second chance. boston might have more room for him? the first is going to be a high first... Edmonton doesn't need more high firsts... they need bold acquistions ready to help now.

a couple other suggestions for Edmonton...

try to get myers and vanek out of buffalo... very expensive... trade off yakubov/hemsky for them... balance this trade out with whatever it takes... wouldn't take much imho.

myers gives Edmonton a huge body lhs dman that will play in the top 4 for years to come. vanek is a pending ufa but would be worth retaining and would easily replace yakubov in the plans. for buffalo, this is obviously a move to get cheaper and do some rebuilding. they now have a couple young Russians to build a top line around. hemsky could be reflipped... buffalo is going to need to rebuild for the next couple years...

my third suggestion for Edmonton... move gagner... strictly a cap move... as a rfa gagner will be asking for more than he is worth... move him to recover the pick lost in the lucic deal...

then round out the team with free agent pickups and lesser deals... if you could sign clowe or Clarkson... do it...

the core of the new team...

eberle/Hopkins/lucic on the one line
clowe/hall/vanek on the second line with hall trying out center ice

the two lines now have enough size/grit and every bit as much skill as they would even if they kept hemsky/yakubov/gagner

the defense... now has Schultz/myers kefbom/smid to build around.... sign an ufa to play in place of kefbom for the short term...

and then... just pick up more character 3rd/4th line guys like brown on the cheap... as they become available...

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
my suggestion lucic to Edmonton for paajarvi and Edmonton's first. then boston signs Horton. so its really Horton, paarjarvi, and edmontons first for lucic.

LOL! I wish!

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Masked Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
would have done it before the deadline, sure as hell not now.
Why?

Old
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
he actually named lucic by name lol... I know I know... but its not as dumb as it seems at first glance.

lucic is a huge cap hit and boston has a surplus of big strong players... Horton is an ufa we lose for nothing... lucic actually has trade value

my proposal for the b's is we resign Horton at a lower cap hit... and move lucic to Edmonton to help the oilers with their desire to get bigger/stronger

I don't think paajarvi ultimately fits into edmontons plans... but hes worth a second chance. boston might have more room for him? the first is going to be a high first... Edmonton doesn't need more high firsts... they need bold acquistions ready to help now.

a couple other suggestions for Edmonton...

try to get myers and vanek out of buffalo... very expensive... trade off yakubov/hemsky for them... balance this trade out with whatever it takes... wouldn't take much imho.

myers gives Edmonton a huge body lhs dman that will play in the top 4 for years to come. vanek is a pending ufa but would be worth retaining and would easily replace yakubov in the plans. for buffalo, this is obviously a move to get cheaper and do some rebuilding. they now have a couple young Russians to build a top line around. hemsky could be reflipped... buffalo is going to need to rebuild for the next couple years...

my third suggestion for Edmonton... move gagner... strictly a cap move... as a rfa gagner will be asking for more than he is worth... move him to recover the pick lost in the lucic deal...

then round out the team with free agent pickups and lesser deals... if you could sign clowe or Clarkson... do it...

the core of the new team...

eberle/Hopkins/lucic on the one line
clowe/hall/vanek on the second line with hall trying out center ice

the two lines now have enough size/grit and every bit as much skill as they would even if they kept hemsky/yakubov/gagner

the defense... now has Schultz/myers kefbom/smid to build around.... sign an ufa to play in place of kefbom for the short term...

and then... just pick up more character 3rd/4th line guys like brown on the cheap... as they become available...
Yes please. I don't think I'd move Yakupov for that Buffalo package though. Myers is too big of a risk with how he's regressed.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Why?
Before the deadline we were thinking we might make the playoffs. Now we're in a free fall and Gardiner isn't worth a top 5 pick.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:49 AM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

What's the price for Yakupov that Oil fans would be looking for from Dallas ?

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Masked Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Before the deadline we were thinking we might make the playoffs. Now we're in a free fall and Gardiner isn't worth a top 5 pick.
But he is ready to go now. Does still have huge upside.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
5 14 6 1
We are the 11.5%

Quote:
Darnell Nurse, Sean Monahan, and Barkov all probably have a higher upside or damn close to. All who look to much better fill the Oilers needs if we do use our pick (Dman with size or a Big C).

I'm sure if Edmonton moves there pick it would be in a package with some roster players to get a high end player. Think Staal, and Carter trades, and not almost ready defensman like Gardiner.

5 14 6 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
I'm not sure if you're following this years draft class, but at number 5, we could probably draft Darnell Nurse. Who is NHL ready and will likely be better than Gardiner out of the gate.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
marciiauzii

Send a message via Skype™ to marciiauzii
why a lot of you think that trade mostly will happen with Rangers?
Trading either Girardi or McDonagh will leave a huge hole in NYR defense.
McDonagh/Girardi - Staal
Del Zotto - Stralman
Moore - Eminger
Eminger is a good 7th D, not 6th. And Moore hasnt really impressed me yet. So how they fill that hole? Prospects arent ready either.
Only good thing is that we have King in the net but as seen this season he needs help from D to be good. And Girardi is one the best DD in league. And McDonagh is right there as well even having great Offensive skills.

marciiauzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Personally, I don't want to move him at all, but it would take a young #1 d-man I'm sure. MacT said it was unlikely that the kids get moved anyway, there's too much invested in them.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
5 14 6 1
We are the 11.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Personally, I don't want to move him at all, but it would take a young #1 d-man I'm sure. MacT said it was unlikely that the kids get moved anyway, there's too much invested in them.
I'd use him in a package to get any of the elite young defenders in the league and thats pretty much it. I'd only move him for guys like OEL, Subban, Pie, Karlsson, Weber etc, and those guys are pretty much guaranteed to not move, unless Weber decides he doesn't like Nashville after his first year

Honestly would rather move Eberle, I LOVE the fire we've seen from Yakupov over the last few games.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:07 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

I think of the big 4, Yakupov is as good as gone.

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:13 AM
5 14 6 1
We are the 11.5%

Quote:
Only players I'd even think about are Erikkson or Benn and you won't make that trade.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:24 AM
OMGaudreau

Would the Oilers consider moving Yak and there 1st for this years 1st overall? Not sure if Colorado would be interested in that offer, but maybe Florida would? Oilers nab Seth. Other names the Oilers should obviously be targetting Weber, Lucic, Hartnell, Ladd - these types of players. Much easier said than done.

OMGaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:31 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

I have no clue why people are saying Yak would be the first one to go. I'd trade Eberle or RNH before I traded Yakupov.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:41 AM
BarDownMcBobo

vCash: 512
Quote:
Not a proposal, but some of these names would have to be involved: Oleksiak, Faksa, Campbell, Morrow ect. I'm in the minority, but I think of the forwards, only Hall is more valuable than Yak.

BarDownMcBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Not a proposal, but some of these names would have to be involved: Oleksiak, Faksa, Campbell, Morrow ect. I'm in the minority, but I think of the forwards, only Hall is more valuable than Yak.
I'm not an Oilers fan but I certainly agree with that.

Trading Hall or Yak would be utterly stupid for your franchise.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Jankowski View Post
Would the Oilers consider moving Yak and there 1st for this years 1st overall? Not sure if Colorado would be interested in that offer, but maybe Florida would? Oilers nab Seth. Other names the Oilers should obviously be targetting Weber, Lucic, Hartnell, Ladd - these types of players. Much easier said than done.
I'm no Avs fan, but their d needs jones more than their offense needs yakupov.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
OMGaudreau

Yak for Benn?

OMGaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:45 AM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I have no clue why people are saying Yak would be the first one to go. I'd trade Eberle or RNH before I traded Yakupov.

Near as I can figure it's because Yakupov is Russian and Eberle is Canadian and a Team Canada legend already just based off world jrs. Hall is pretty much untouchable since he's the best of them so far and has the attitude that everyone wants every player to have, RNH can't be moved cause he's the only centre of the bunch and he's going to be a damned good all around player for a lot of years. So that leaves Eberle or Yakupov as possible trade bait... now personally I think Yakupov has better physical tools than Eberle and more drive and desire to win. I'd hate to lose either one of them but I think Yakupov is going to end up being quite a bit better of the two and much harder to play against when he's in his prime.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote