HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Who does Mac T trade

Old
04-19-2013, 01:54 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
It's rumored that St. Louis could be in budget trouble this summer, having to sign Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Stewart.
Maybe a deal around Nail for Shattenkirk? I'm not sure if one side would have to add.
As much as I'd love Shattenkirk, I'm not in favor of moving Yakupov at all. Wouldn't the Blues be looking for defense help in return as well? They brought in Bouwmeester to fix their defense, so I assume that even if they move Shattenkirk, they'll want a blueliner as part of the deal. And the only cheap options the Oilers have in that regards (that don't stink) are Petry and Klefbom. Petry is pretty solid as well. I would guess that IF the Blues are in trouble financially, they'd rather move Steward than a d-man as well.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:58 PM
plikestechno

Something like Petry and Eberle for Stewart and Shattenkirk I could live with but no dice to moving Hall or Yak, period.

Wow. The Blues are in for a world of cap hurt next year. That's going to be a very different looking team next year.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:04 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
Something like Petry and Eberle for Stewart and Shattenkirk I could live with but no dice to moving Hall or Yak, period.

Wow. The Blues are in for a world of cap hurt next year. That's going to be a very different looking team next year.
Maybe Mac T will not trade anyone . The offer sheet is also being bold and taking risks . The blues have some great D and with cap troubles it might be the time to strike .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:43 PM
doobie604

i think player value is very similar to housing value, it's never static. It's supply and demand, you either draft your need or trade for needs. Trouble with Edm looking for top pair D is the market is very short on young top impact D, but there are a lot more options for wingers. Even though they might not be as young and talented, but they can get close as far as effectiveness goes without breaking the bank. If the Oilers want such a D, they will have to overpay, or play the waiting game till a team need to get rid of such player. When was the last time a team was willing to dump a top pairing D for draft picks and mid level prospect? It always appears to be an overpayment at the time of the trade to get that top pairing D (except for Calgary, not sure what they're trying to do), weather it is or not after the trade that's hindsight and that is what makes a GM elite.

doobie604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:53 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post

Sorry, I just don't see too much cap trouble for St. Louis. According to capgeek, they will have $25M in cap space.

What cap issues are they facing?

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:02 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Sorry, I just don't see too much cap trouble for St. Louis. According to capgeek, they will have $25M in cap space.

What cap issues are they facing?
St. Louis has an internal cap. As a NYI fan, I know well that it doesn't matter if you have $25m in cap space, if your owner doesn't greenlight that spending.

The Blues have Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Stewart dues rfa raises this summer. I was surprised that they added JayBo's $6.8m salary to their payroll.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
thatshype

Personally, I think the "bold move" is trading away their 1st round pick this year. They don't need another guy with top-end potential...they need somebody that can play at a high-level next year. That means that MPS is being dangled with the pick, too.

Obviously MPS + 1st isn't going to get the Oilers anything close to what one of the "big 4" could get them, but trading a 1st round pick is always a bold move, especially when the pick will be in the top-15.

thatshype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Personally, I think the "bold move" is trading away their 1st round pick this year. They don't need another guy with top-end potential...they need somebody that can play at a high-level next year. That means that MPS is being dangled with the pick, too.

Obviously MPS + 1st isn't going to get the Oilers anything close to what one of the "big 4" could get them, but trading a 1st round pick is always a bold move, especially when the pick will be in the top-15.
That's what I'm thinking.

It's a pretty strong draft, too.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
How's that winning season of his going? Oh right the Oilers haven't drafted enough d-men to win games... do you honestly not get his point of why he'd value a d-man over a draft board?
What is this supposed to mean? "His" season is going quite well and there isn't a single Oiler fan who hasn't been impressed with the skill level the kid brings. If you're saying that not making the playoffs rests squarely on the shoulders of a 19yr old rookie playing in the NHL directly out of the draft, then you:

A) Have no idea how bad our supposed veteran leaders have been.

B) Forget how the Penguins and Capitals finished in 05/06 season.

But I'm sure having Trouba playing in college would have vaulted us into the playoffs.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:36 AM
ddawg1950

Depending on where they end up in the lottery, I could see this as the year that the Oilers trade their first pick for asset(s) that would actually help the team.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Willis88

if the oilers trade eberle, that's a huge mistake.

best forward on that squad IMO

Willis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
eberle at 6m a year is going to kill his trade value. Doubt he is traded.
Absolutely not. Just as he will absolutely not be traded.

What Mac T said was more about filling spots with high IQ players, grit and experience. You'll see them target guys that come from winning environments, can plug into the 3rd or 4th lines but maybe one or two that can move up. On D, he has a tougher road. People dont like giving D up. It's imperative they come out of this draft with Nurse or Jones if they're drafting high.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins View Post
if the oilers trade eberle, that's a huge mistake.

best forward on that squad IMO
I thought so too^

Why are Edmonton fans wanting to trade Eberle? He seems like he's going to turn into the best player out of the 'big 4'.

I'd trade Yakupov or RNH way before Eberle.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Langdon Alger*

I think he'll try to ditch some of Edmonton's lazy, underperforming vets first and foremost. Also agree with those saying he'll try to move their first-rounder for some immediate help.

People slammed MacTavish's promotion to GM, but I don't mind the move. He's not the type of guy who'll be satisfied with losing and getting higher draft picks. That type of attitude has been lacking in the Oilers' front office these past few years.

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:32 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
I thought so too^

Why are Edmonton fans wanting to trade Eberle? He seems like he's going to turn into the best player out of the 'big 4'.
No he doesn't

I might be the biggest Eberle homer on HF but Taylor Hall is much better than him

oXo Cube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
No he doesn't

I might be the biggest Eberle homer on HF but Taylor Hall is much better than him
Edmonton fans have abandoned Eberle after one sub par season. How can you forget so quickly that he was damn near a PPG player on that horrible.....horrible squad last year?

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:49 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Edmonton fans have abandoned Eberle after one sub par season. How can you forget so quickly that he was damn near a PPG player on that horrible.....horrible squad last year?
Edmonton fans are blind and have love affairs with sub par hockey players like Ryan Jones. For example I propose we trade RNH and get villified on the Edmonton board for it, even after I state many reasons why he won't be able to lead this team to a cup in the next 5 years, and would most likely bring back a hefty return. Then their rebuttal is trade Eberle our most consistent and dynamic forward, who's also captain clutch when the games on the line. Out of all the big 5 RNH makes the most sense to trade if were trading any of them, but I don't think we will be. /rant #EdmontonNeedsGlasses #KeepEberle #OilersNeedHelp

RaabHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Edmonton fans are blind and have love affairs with sub par hockey players like Ryan Jones. For example I propose we trade RNH and get villified on the Edmonton board for it, even after I state many reasons why he won't be able to lead this team to a cup in the next 5 years, and would most likely bring back a hefty return. Then their rebuttal is trade Eberle our most consistent and dynamic forward, who's also captain clutch when the games on the line. Out of all the big 5 RNH makes the most sense to trade if were trading any of them, but I don't think we will be. /rant #EdmontonNeedsGlasses #KeepEberle #OilersNeedHelp
No, trading RNH means we don't have a number one center.

Do you honestly think you would have people on board with that?

Tad McMikowsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:56 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Except thats not what happened

Ebs is a PPG first line RW

but that does not make him better than Hall

oXo Cube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:00 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Tres Comma Club

i think yakupov gets traded. eberle is a better fit for edmonton than Yakupov. doesn't mean macT will give him away for scraps but i'm guessing a top 2 dman and 2nd rd pick for Yak is what he'll be asking. i think phoenix and edmonton make good trading partners. yandle should fit in well IMO.

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:02 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
No, trading RNH means we don't have a number one center.

Do you honestly think you would have people on board with that?

Depends what we traded him for, when I posted it on the board it was Berglund and Shattenkirk for RNH and people still wouldn't go for it. I see us winning a cup with Berglund as a #1 C and adding Shattenkirk to the D before RNH and no additional d man brought in, because of how much he needs to develop to go head to head against the best centers in the league. You don't need an elite #1 center between Hall and Eberle you need a guy who wins face-offs, uses his body, is smart defensively, and can still put up 50 some points. Berglund fits this mold, Bozak fits this mold, there are guys out there that will make us a better team IMO if we were to trade RNH for a great to elite #1 top pairing d man.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
I thought so too^

I'd trade Yakupov or RNH way before Eberle.
You would trade RNH and roll with Horcoff, Gagner and belanger as the future of the oilers first line center position...ok then...

Hall is already better then Eberle and was last year too even without having as many points as Eberle.

Id see how Yakupov does next year and then try and get him for less then 6 mil a year

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:57 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
That's because trading RNH would be a Milbury-esque monumental failure.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Peasy
apple CORes = SOFT

vCash: 960
Your #2 center screams Tyler Bozak, but I'm not sure if the leafs will let him walk.

Peasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:16 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
That's because trading RNH would be a Milbury-esque monumental failure.
And trading Eberle or Yakupov wouldn't be? It all depends on making the right deal. Trading Yakupov or Eberle then watching our team struggle to find secondary offence while either one puts up 90 point seasons elsewhere would be frustrating.