HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Who does Mac T trade

Old
04-23-2013, 09:29 PM
binop7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Girardi would also be by far their best defenseman.

As for the question, I'm not sure, but if Mac T's serious about improving this team, he's not going to do it by trading Gagner, Hemsky and/or Paajarvi and drafting a center with their first rounder. They need to make a serious commitment to bolstering their defense, and that could require trading one of the big guns. That's a reality they've got to live with.
Girardi has sucked bad this year. His value can't be that high.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:39 PM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Even so, he'd still be their best defender. Their defense is just awful and needs fixing badly.

Also, if they want to improve the team, it can't be just about value. Good defensemen aren't something GMs are jumping over themselves to trade, there's likely going to have to be an overpayment. You look at Bob Murray, who many claim was "robbed" in the Beauchemin trade. Was it great value for him? No, but it greatly improved his team and has been one of the best moves he's made.

The Mighty Duck Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:28 AM
TarTransition

Yak for Florida's draft pick if they win lottery. Potential franchise winger for potential franchise D. Fills a need for each team.

TarTransition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:16 AM
H a w k s

Ben eager for Brent Seabrook

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:26 AM
myappleis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarTransition View Post
Yak for Florida's draft pick if they win lottery. Potential franchise winger for potential franchise D. Fills a need for each team.
Eberle plus the oilers second for Jones?

myappleis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:34 AM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Ben eager for Brent Seabrook
Hawks add.

Seabrook + Sharp
for
Eager + Belanger

Seems fair I think.

McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:35 AM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Hawks add.

Seabrook + Sharp
for
Eager + Belanger

Seems fair I think.
Woah woah woah, we dont need a smurf like Sharp on the Oilers.

MacT would laugh and hang up the phone.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:41 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by myappleis View Post
Eberle plus the oilers second for Jones?
Eberle +? I don't think that will happen. I can't see the Oilers getting Jones unless they win the lottery.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 04:33 AM
Connor McSaviour

I love how people just throw around Yakupov like he's nothing.

Connor McSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Girardi would also be by far their best defenseman.

As for the question, I'm not sure, but if Mac T's serious about improving this team, he's not going to do it by trading Gagner, Hemsky and/or Paajarvi and drafting a center with their first rounder. They need to make a serious commitment to bolstering their defense, and that could require trading one of the big guns. That's a reality they've got to live with.
Gagner + Hemsky (we keep $1.5million of his cap hit) + Hartikainen for Yandle and Vermette

Sign Bickell, Volpatti, Magrattan, Lydman, and draft a potential 2C with our pick.

Trade both of our 2nd rounders to a team/teams that needs to make some cap space for their club and have useful players that wouldn't be on the market if the cap didn't drop.

Suddenly we are a lot harder to play against team, we get an upgrade at 3C and on LD and with some draft luck we could see MacKinnon, Barkov, or a center in the tier below them (Lindholm? Monahan?) stepping right in behind RNH next season.

04-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Gagner + Hemsky (we keep $1.5million of his cap hit) + Hartikainen for Yandle and Vermette

Sign Bickell, Volpatti, Magrattan, Lydman, and draft a potential 2C with our pick.

Trade both of our 2nd rounders to a team/teams that needs to make some cap space for their club and have useful players that wouldn't be on the market if the cap didn't drop.

Suddenly we are a lot harder to play against team, we get an upgrade at 3C and on LD and with some draft luck we could see MacKinnon, Barkov, or a center in the tier below them (Lindholm? Monahan?) stepping right in behind RNH next season.
Hemsky has proven yet again that he is fragile and i jury prone and he does not have much value.

most Phoenix fans and other fans would say to get Yandle you are looking at one of Hall, Yak, Eberle or Nuge going back

04-24-2013, 05:34 AM
416Leafer

Seems to be that the NYR, Phoenix, and Winnipeg all need offensive boosts and all have a (relatively) expendable top pairing Dman they could move (not necessarily a legit #1).

Edmonton should be targetting one of Girardi/McDonagh/Staal, or Yandle, or one of Byfgulien/Enstrom/Bogosian.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 06:06 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Edmonton needs defensive depth/youth/two way youth & the Rangers could use some offensive youth.
APPRECIATING ASSET/HIGHER UPSIDE*
DEPRECIATING ASSET/EXITING PRIME**
ENTERING PRIME/ IN EARLY PRIME***

To NYR:

Yakupov*, Ales Hemsky**, Nick Schultz**

for

Michael Del Zotto* OR Marc Staal***, JT Miller*, Carl Hagelin*, Brian Boyle***

Obviously picks could be discussed in addition to this or substitutions.

Edmonton is in the rare position of having too much offensive talent. I know its nice to have, but eventually the cap will catch up and retaining these players will be impossible or if they do they end up playing Nugent 7, Hall 7, Yakupov 7, Eberle 6, Schultz, 5.5 and suddenly its impossible to ice a team that is deep.

For the Rangers, they get a defensive dman who is aging and way past Edmonton's time horizon to replace Del Zotto while Lundqvist is still in his prime, an older guy who could be a top sixer forward but has struggled recently (I think he simply needs a change in scenery), and of course Nail Yakupov, who has all the upside & is who Rangers would fans really want.

Edmonton gets Michael Del Zotto, a young, top 4 offensive defenseman, with potential or Marc Staal who is a tad older but would immediately stabilize the blueline. They also get JT Miller who would solidify the middle of the line up going forward and add a #2 guy behind Nugent-Hopkins for the future. They would also add Carl Hagelin who could play in a 2nd or 3rd line winger position* (He is more than capable of playing 2nd line duties and has some upside). He is solid defensively, and is very fast and smart player. They also get Brian Boyle who can play bottom six, eat 12 mins per game and play a shutdown role.
*This depends on whether the oilers run 3 scorings lines or 2 and two physical lines. Hagelin is a solid two way forward, but belongs on a scoring line to add energy and speed.

While Yakupov is a valuable player, I don't think Edmonton needs him. They need defensive depth, through two-way forwards AND defenseman. The Rangers have this.

The Rangers are still competing, which is why they add the two veterans & Yakupov. Edmonton gets a WEALTH of depth.

My personal opinion is Edmonton should go for Staal. Del Zotto is great but Edmonton needs stability and putting Staal there immediately allows 25 mins of defensively reliable hockey with flashes of offense. MDZ while better offensively is prone to the occasional mind gaff and with a team that is struggling to get off the bottom of the league, those gaffs may increase.
The key for NY here is improving their future, while not hurting their current position too much, hence acquiring the aging vets.

Last edited by ChrisKreider20: 04-24-2013 at 06:22 AM.
ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 06:20 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
He hasn't sucked. The Rangers' d has been fine. It's difficult when you get no scoring support. You can't really fault the Rangers' d when they're 3rd in goals against. People just zone in on their mistakes when they lose. All dmen make mistakes, the only issue is with NY, you have (hopefully had, because we've been scoring lately) no scoring to make up for them.

I mean as a Leaf fan, you guys probably see mistake after mistake. You guys allow the 3rd most goals against of all playoff teams. However you guys GET A TON of goal support. That is the most impressive thing about the Leafs - they can friggin score goals. Trust me, I was ****ing myself going into my hockey pool with in all games (I had both Nabokov & Lundqvist as goalies) and were playing the Leafs in the last few weeks. I knew it would ruin my goalies GAA & SV% win or lose.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 06:40 AM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Edmonton needs defensive depth/youth/two way youth & the Rangers could use some offensive youth.
APPRECIATING ASSET/HIGHER UPSIDE*
DEPRECIATING ASSET/EXITING PRIME**
ENTERING PRIME/ IN EARLY PRIME***

To NYR:

Yakupov*, Ales Hemsky**, Nick Schultz**

for

Michael Del Zotto* OR Marc Staal***, JT Miller*, Carl Hagelin*, Brian Boyle***

Obviously picks could be discussed in addition to this or substitutions.

Edmonton is in the rare position of having too much offensive talent. I know its nice to have, but eventually the cap will catch up and retaining these players will be impossible or if they do they end up playing Nugent 7, Hall 7, Yakupov 7, Eberle 6, Schultz, 5.5 and suddenly its impossible to ice a team that is deep.

For the Rangers, they get a defensive dman who is aging and way past Edmonton's time horizon to replace Del Zotto while Lundqvist is still in his prime, an older guy who could be a top sixer forward but has struggled recently (I think he simply needs a change in scenery), and of course Nail Yakupov, who has all the upside & is who Rangers would fans really want.

Edmonton gets Michael Del Zotto, a young, top 4 offensive defenseman, with potential or Marc Staal who is a tad older but would immediately stabilize the blueline. They also get JT Miller who would solidify the middle of the line up going forward and add a #2 guy behind Nugent-Hopkins for the future. They would also add Carl Hagelin who could play in a 2nd or 3rd line winger position* (He is more than capable of playing 2nd line duties and has some upside). He is solid defensively, and is very fast and smart player. They also get Brian Boyle who can play bottom six, eat 12 mins per game and play a shutdown role.
*This depends on whether the oilers run 3 scorings lines or 2 and two physical lines. Hagelin is a solid two way forward, but belongs on a scoring line to add energy and speed.

While Yakupov is a valuable player, I don't think Edmonton needs him. They need defensive depth, through two-way forwards AND defenseman. The Rangers have this.

The Rangers are still competing, which is why they add the two veterans & Yakupov. Edmonton gets a WEALTH of depth.

My personal opinion is Edmonton should go for Staal. Del Zotto is great but Edmonton needs stability and putting Staal there immediately allows 25 mins of defensively reliable hockey with flashes of offense. MDZ while better offensively is prone to the occasional mind gaff and with a team that is struggling to get off the bottom of the league, those gaffs may increase.
The key for NY here is improving their future, while not hurting their current position too much, hence acquiring the aging vets.
I think this might have the makings of something with Staal as the center piece coming to Edmonton.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 95
for me part of the problem in Edmonton is that it is becoming a coaches graveyard and I think it is starting to affect the players

Mact to quinn to Renney to Ralph

I think they should have kept Renney because while they team did suck--the players were learning--

Lord J T Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:35 AM
McShogun99

Why trade for Marc Staal? He's just going to sign with Carolina when he gets the chance.

McShogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:46 AM
AmeriHab

Markov + Dustin Tokarski for Yak?

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Lol. He's old as balls

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:15 AM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
nope, dont wanna give up yak at all, especially for a guy in the twilight of his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
Why trade for Marc Staal? He's just going to sign with Carolina when he gets the chance.
Agreed.

OnTheBrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
nzoilerfan

Hemsky will go first. If they find a adequate centre in return then Gagner will go for a D man. maybe as part of a package.

Hemsky+ for veteran 2C
Gagner for top4 D +

/ they get aggressive at free agency, I could see a big push for Streit at least

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Frenzy1
Christ Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Hemsky will go first. If they find a adequate centre in return then Gagner will go for a D man. maybe as part of a package.

Hemsky+ for veteran 2C
Gagner for top4 D +

/ they get aggressive at free agency, I could see a big push for Streiht at least
Nope. Hemsky is a ufa next season. Makes 5 million and tends to spend a fair amount of time on ir. Most teams play north south hockey, not soemthing he does well.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:57 AM
LolClarkson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Trading Yakupov would be a mistake. He has a ton of passion and talent. Almost Hall-esque
Trading Eberle would be a mistake. He's a great complimentary players very similar to Seguin.
Trading Hemsky is the smart move. He is likely to be moved.
Trading Gagner is hit or miss. If we find a great solution for our 2C then yes, it's a good move. If we trade him for some gritty winger or a 2nd pairing D it just opens another hole wide open.

Trades don't seem like a possibility. It's no secret about what we need. We have no real leverage to make it happen and no club is going to be doing us a favor, either.

That leaves UFA, of which the pool looks like it will stink this year. Not much to be happy about. MacT has his work cut out for him.
You are never going to get what you want unless you move one of the top end young guys. Hemsky and even Gagner won't get you the players you want. Oilers fans need to get that through their heads/.

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
You are never going to get what you want unless you move one of the top end young guys. Hemsky and even Gagner won't get you the players you want. Oilers fans need to get that through their heads/.
So how do other teams fill holes without the benefit of 1st overall picks and 21yo all-stars to throw away?

From this thread, I think a lot of people will be disappointed when the Oilers go into next season with all of Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov and Schultz on the roster.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
So how do other teams fill holes without the benefit of 1st overall picks and 21yo all-stars to throw away?

From this thread, I think a lot of people will be disappointed when the Oilers go into next season with all of Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov and Schultz on the roster.
Aye, there's the rub.

Are they thrown away? Or repurposed in alternate investment of team needs?

Gotta give to get. You get what you pay for.

You want to get 'fair' value for, say, Hemsky, less whatever inducement you need pay to get someone to take him w/his negatives (health history + contract), fine. But that is different than saying Hemsky = value of real help to your D = Staal, Girardi, etc.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote